DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

Comments

• SosageSosage Mopping Up Your Salt Joined: Posts: 1,807 mod
    Right. You're not in guard as the move happens, but you're also not timing when a move ends in order to hit block. You go into block immediately after the move.

When I started I was doing attack, see what happens, then hit block/direction on reaction (usually too late and accidentally holding at times). Now there's no hitting block on reaction when I am in a face to face situation where we're poking each other. I let go of block when I want to sidestep/walk/dash/do a move that requires guard+kick.

I am making it sound more complicated and special than it is. It just helped me eliminate a lot of issues I was having with defense and getting in counter hits (well...at my scrubby level ;P).
    It Was Tuesday -- 925 SFV Weekly ... http://www.itwastuesday.com
    SRK Mod ...cause I enjoy destroying your fun...
    Rindoukan Yellow Belt ...cause I paid 49.95 for lessons at the local strip mall and now I can karakusa online...
    RIP KS2
  • VegeasVegeas Way of Jashin Joined: Posts: 501
    This will be my first 3D fighting game I'll try seriously. Any guides out there that teach 3D fighters and anyone's that focus on DOA5 any good videos and guides?
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,705 mod
    Vegeas wrote: »
    This will be my first 3D fighting game I'll try seriously. Any guides out there that teach 3D fighters and anyone's that focus on DOA5 any good videos and guides?

Team NINJA own Get Ready Fight tutorial series is a good way for anyone to learn how to play 3D fighters. Granted it's designed for absolute beginners, meaning it covers alot of ground most of us already know.
    http://shoryuken.com/2015/02/03/get-ready-to-fight-with-team-ninjas-beginner-tutorial-series-for-dead-or-alive-5-last-round/
    http://shoryuken.com/2015/02/11/get-the-skinny-on-dead-or-alive-5-last-rounds-directional-inputs/

Other than that, there are a good number of tutorial vids around the net. You can try searching Free Step Dodge's media section for some of them.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • amyalice32amyalice32 Joined: Posts: 4
    Yeah I heard people love that version.
    A little early but...
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • SorwahSorwah Joined: Posts: 889
    Nice April fools joke :)
  • yoshimitu803yoshimitu803 When Heaven Roars, All shall bow Joined: Posts: 58
    it has begun
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,243
    edited April 2015
    What's the verdict on the PC port?
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    edited April 2015
    Great.

Just waiting for that online play as only other thing is to play locally, train, unlock outfits, and texture swap.
  • VegeasVegeas Way of Jashin Joined: Posts: 501
    I'm back again. Did a little bit of the tutorial. And I'm liking like Kausimi and Mila but are they easy to learn? And what top players play them?
    The only issue with the PC port is that it's lacking certain things that it seems that Team NINJA wants to keep exclusive to the PS4/XBone. The game itself isn't just a quick port of the last-gen versions though.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    Vegeas wrote: »
    I'm back again. Did a little bit of the tutorial. And I'm liking like Kausimi and Mila but are they easy to learn? And what top players play them?

Kasumi is built for speed and has some crazy mix-up potential. A neg to her is that she's generally disadvantaged on guard, but some of her best pokes (like 6PK) have good pushback and can keep her safe by that means. Some players to look out for are Allan Paris, J.D.E., and M C Kwiggle.

Mila is more like Super Turbo. She can space and zone pretty well, has good stun options with guaranteed damage opportunity or easy access to Critical Burst (lv 3 threshold). She also gets to take advantage of the Ground Throw option select, and her ground throw is one of the more damaging in the game especially if on electrified floors. Remember, you can guarantee any breakable combo throw if you press H+P on the first frame of the window. She also has amazingly good juggle damage. Some players to look out for are Something Unique and UGS Gill Hustle.

d3v wrote: »
    The only issue with the PC port is that it's lacking certain things that it seems that Team NINJA wants to keep exclusive to the PS4/XBone. The game itself isn't just a quick port of the last-gen versions though.

I do not believe it has anything to do with exclusivity. I think it has to do with the stages using DX11 features of the new systems, but the game on PC uses DX9. Just a theory.
    Also, the ability to give AA on the PC version helps the engine immensely, and I'll even go so far as saying that I don't care about the "Soft Engine" look. The PC version seems to look better to me at many of the instances.
    Of course it also helps that I am able to run the game at 4K resolution.
  • WAZAAAAAWAZAAAAA I'M ALEXANDER THE GREAT Joined: Posts: 45
    Some will be already familiar with this, since it has been front paged previously.

It appears that the so called Rapid Step, an old DOA5 technique with a very short life span, has actually been virtually possible for this whole time. Thanks to the recent PC release, it has been possible to execute it again but tool-assisted this time.

It seems to be a severe exploit.
    Link to the video
    YOU'RE NOT ALEXANDER
    Merged! When a thread for a game already exists in FGD, you don not make another thread for it.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • WAZAAAAAWAZAAAAA I'M ALEXANDER THE GREAT Joined: Posts: 45
    Merged! When a thread for a game already exists in FGD, you don not make another thread for it.
    shit, I totally missed it, be good and forgive my sorry ass d3v
    YOU'RE NOT ALEXANDER
    Korea held a recent international tournament. Here's the Top 8:

Itabashi Zangief participated with his Pai play as well.
    Sorwah wrote: »
    Korea held a recent international tournament. Here's the Top 8:

Itabashi Zangief participated with his Pai play as well.
    Too bad it's not the official upload and therefore we can't run it on the front page.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,173
    In the past I thought this game was a joke fighter.

I already played about 90-100 hours and I am still a scrub. =D

Never judge a game until you played it.

Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Juri, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine

>>> My Top 10 Waifu list <<<
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,897
    Neclord wrote: »

I always though of this series as just fan service fighter until DOA5. Now it seems the devs want this series to be taken seriously as a fighter, while still offering than fan service we have come to expect from the series.
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,619
    why are there so many people more concerned about 'soft textures' and 'missing stages' in the steam forums for this game, instead of what really matters which will be the online experience?
    it makes me wonder what this game's community's priorities reside.
    meaning if the DOA community is about competition, or fan service.
    cuz I know I care about having good matches, not about the jiggly titties.
    cuz just give me(us) good online and i'm stoked.
    3 more months....
    why are there so many people more concerned about 'soft textures' and 'missing stages' in the steam forums for this game, instead of what really matters which will be the online experience?
    it makes me wonder what this game's community's priorities reside.
    meaning if the DOA community is about competition, or fan service.
    cuz I know I care about having good matches, not about the jiggly titties.
    cuz just give me(us) good online and i'm stoked.
    3 more months....
    It's the same as just about any fighter.

You have the "core-casual" - those who follow the series but aren't really concerned with competitive play but are more into the characters, fan service, etc. Then there the "core-competitive" who do care about competitive play.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,280
    To be fair the stages do effect the gameplay.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    I think there was some discussion on whether or not the exclusive stages should be banned.

@Sorwah what's the current tournament ruling for this?
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    edited April 2015
    I think there was some discussion on whether or not the exclusive stages should be banned.

@Sorwah what's the current tournament ruling for this?

Tournament standard is PS4, stages are on PS4. They aren't banned. There's always talk about banning Dangerzone, but it's not banned at this time. In my own personal opinion it shouldn't be banned as it brings a lot of hype to the game from a spectator view while making the players have to really be careful about being hit by practically anything - like most other fighters do. I wish they'd bring them to PC though, idgaf about the soft engine as personally the PC version looks better than the soft engine - especially after third party mods like SweetFx. Just want those two stages on the PC version (because I own the PC version). PC Version also doesn't have the console delay inherent in the PS4/XBO/360/PS3.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Love Goddess vs Combofiend Functions = 10 : 0 MU Goddess wins Joined: Posts: 3,120
    Rig Combo Video by Emper0rCOW

More videos to watch along the way. Long term DOA5LR matches, IGT matches, arcade, etc)

(Start the following video at 3:00)

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Luong / Mai [Beni, MuiMui, Whip, Geese, Shun, Leona, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Nyotengu [Mai]
    Tekken 7: Jin [Xiaoyu, Eliza, M. Raven, Lee, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ??? (Cammy, Menat, Ryu, Bison, Ibuki)
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

[utl]
    We already shared this on the front page.
    http://shoryuken.com/2015/04/15/emperor-c0w-tackles-rig-in-first-dead-or-alive-5-last-round-combo-video/
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Love Goddess vs Combofiend Functions = 10 : 0 MU Goddess wins Joined: Posts: 3,120
    [utl]
    http://shoryuken.com/2015/04/15/emperor-c0w-tackles-rig-in-first-dead-or-alive-5-last-round-combo-video/

I saw it. I posted it here for a later reference along with several other videos.

[utl]

I saw it. I posted it here for a later reference along with several other videos.
    Should've linked back to the front page though.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    [utl]

Should've linked back to the front page though.

Noted.

• HagaishiHagaishi The lone fighter..........I live for the fight! Joined: Posts: 46
    Just wanted to share a vid with yall guys.....more to come!

Watashiwa Hagaishi desu, Dozo yoroshiku
  • GameMasterGameMaster Ansatsuken Warrior Joined: Posts: 85
    Looks like Team Ninja is calling for one more design contest for All Hallow's Eve. If you're up for another try, then go for it. For this contest, though, modding over existing character models won't be allowed. If that's what you tried in the past, you're gonna have to be more creative this time.

I love to see what the community comes up with, but personally, enough's enough. :|
    Steam: ryan_the_game_master
    XBL: GameMaster2K5

Mains:

Street Fighter (etc.): Ansatsuken Fighters, Thunder Hawk, Dee Jay, Chun-Li
    The King of Fighters (etc.): Kyo Kusanagi, Terry Bogard, Mai Shiranui, Iori Yagami
    Dead or Alive: Kasumi, Zack, Ayane, Kokoro
    Super Smash Bros.: Sonic the Hedgehog, Ryu, Link, Luigi, Princess Zelda, Pac-Man
    Virtua Fighter: Jacky Bryant, Vanessa Lewis, Pai Chan, Aoi Umenokoji, Akira Yuki
    (X)Tekken: Lars Alexandersson, Jin Kazama, Pac-Man, Cole MacGrath
    Marvel: Ryu/Spider-Man/Chun-Li

Currently looking for:
    • A English-Japanese translator.
    • A team for a fangame.
    PM me if interested.
    Hagaishi wrote: »
    Just wanted to share a vid with yall guys.....more to come!

First, I realized I can't watch console version matches anymore due to the aliasing :(. PC has spoiled me.
    Second, was a good rushdown Kokoro against a Bayman who just didn't seem to know how to space and got flustered.
  • HagaishiHagaishi The lone fighter..........I live for the fight! Joined: Posts: 46
    Oh wow I need to watch a match from PC to see the difference, and yes the rushdown was crazy!
    Watashiwa Hagaishi desu, Dozo yoroshiku
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Neclord wrote: »

I always though of this series as just fan service fighter until DOA5. Now it seems the devs want this series to be taken seriously as a fighter, while still offering than fan service we have come to expect from the series.

Yea, they improved it a lot.
    Hopefully this game and the series get more attention in the future.

• Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,251
    I lost interest the moment online wasn't included right from the get-go on PC version.

Speaking of such, the three month's haven't passed yet, have they?
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    I lost interest the moment online wasn't included right from the get-go on PC version.

Speaking of such, the three month's haven't passed yet, have they?

Nope.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • NiitrisNiitris Joined: Posts: 217
    A little over a month left month sadly.

Fighter Force DLC pack:

MWiT7II.jpg
    ShcwN23.jpg
    MqXjCsU.jpg
    MGG5R5e.jpg
    Nice trailer. But I am sad no costume for Rachel. :/

• thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 631
    So, I felt bored recently and played DOA2 just for fun again in my old Ps2. That made me come back to Vanilla DOA5 this weekend, that has been so long since the last time I've played it. I didn't picked Ultimate because I was focusing on other fighters at the time, but now I've gotten the Core Fighters version of Last Round. Since my main is Kasumi, it's good for me that she is free in this version.

Anyways, how is LR doing? I haven't watched any tournaments of it since I dropped the game (a bit after when Ultimate came out).
    Is it worth to buy the full version or buy the characters separately?
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    MvC:I: Reality-Ultron/Chun, Time-Ultron/Chun, Power-Ultron/Ryu
    DBZ: Trunks/Piccolo/Yamcha
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
  • HadoukieHadoukie K-UGER! Joined: Posts: 428
    Niitris wrote: »
    A little over a month left month sadly.

Fighter Force DLC pack:

MWiT7II.jpg
    ShcwN23.jpg
    MqXjCsU.jpg
    MGG5R5e.jpg

These super girls bring super boners