DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

Comments

• Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero It's time for Halloween. Where dem succubus functions? Joined: Posts: 3,127
    Let's keep the DOA5LR hype train going. Posting more game play videos!

Active DOA5LR streams to keep track of:

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Luong / Mai [Beni, MuiMui, Whip, Geese, Shun, Leona, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Nyotengu [Mai]
    Tekken 7: Jin [Xiaoyu, Eliza, M. Raven, Lee, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ??? (Cammy, Menat, Ryu, Bison, Ibuki)
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• yoshimitu803yoshimitu803 When Heaven Roars, All shall bow Joined: Posts: 58
    one can not stand alone

• Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero It's time for Halloween. Where dem succubus functions? Joined: Posts: 3,127
    Team Ninja know how to do costumes right. Proof is in the spoiler.
    BRAND. NEW. COSTUMES.

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,733 mod
    So this time, it's costumes from the Deception series.
  • SorwahSorwah Joined: Posts: 889
    edited June 2015
    Arturo of NYC Furby highlighted top 8 a few days ago btw
    And it's also on youtube as well...Here is the link:

ECT 7 Pool Play is being uploaded from saved replays since pools weren't streamed:
    Post edited by Sorwah on
    DOA5LR Matches (Shout outs to Project Bokuho)

Players. Please check out the EVO Side Tourney for DOA5LR!

Hi. Team Ninja has something for us. Get ready!
    Some cool NEW costumes!!

Plus, let look some other stuff. Some DOA5LR matches, including ones from EVO2015 Side Tourney! Top 4 Highlights from EVO2015 Side tourney, folks!

• WulfsmasherWulfsmasher Joined: Posts: 35
    edited July 2015
    Does anyone know how the community for DoA is on the PS4? And is the netcode up to par? I've been messing around with the free version and having fun, but don't want to commit if the online is dead and I'm stuck fighting the computer.

Didn't notice there was a thread up, sorry and thanks for moving it here.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,272
    You can play online with the free version. You can find out first hand if it's dead.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,268
    You can play online with the free version. You can find out first hand if it's dead.

Oh, still better shape than PC version, which from what I heard, the online after the 'beta' part of it got put on hold indefinitely.
    So yeah, glad I didn't get it at all. Sad, too.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    This is why you just don't believe promises, you wait to see them fulfilled. Then, and only then, purchase.

Hi guys. Ya'll need to see this video. It is the Dead or Alive Festival Live Stream! Please watch if you missed it! I'm sure you guys will be pleased.
    NOTE: Start vid: At 19:00.

• ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 4,483
    My plans for yesterday fell through so I decided at the last minute to go to the DoA Festival even though I don't really play the game. I had a good time. The cosplay contest was fun, and the exhibition matches looked great. Plus I got a free costume code which was cool.

So now I'm thinking, maybe I should play this thing on the side. Anyone know where I can find a good beginner system guide? I searched through the forum and on youtube but the guides I found assumed knowledge of previous DoA games. Also is there a tier list for this? I kinda locked myself into low tier hell in Tekken because I've been a Xiaoyu player since Tekken 3 so if possible I'd like to pick up a cheesy character for DoA that will allow me to get the maximum amount of wins for minimum effort. Thanks in advance!
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
    edited August 2015
    ukyo_rulz wrote: »
    My plans for yesterday fell through so I decided at the last minute to go to the DoA Festival even though I don't really play the game. I had a good time. The cosplay contest was fun, and the exhibition matches looked great. Plus I got a free costume code which was cool.

So now I'm thinking, maybe I should play this thing on the side. Anyone know where I can find a good beginner system guide? I searched through the forum and on youtube but the guides I found assumed knowledge of previous DoA games. Also is there a tier list for this? I kinda locked myself into low tier hell in Tekken because I've been a Xiaoyu player since Tekken 3 so if possible I'd like to pick up a cheesy character for DoA that will allow me to get the maximum amount of wins for minimum effort. Thanks in advance!

Here is a good place to start.
    http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/breaking-down-the-game-a-training-suggestion-for-aspiring-players.166/
    Emperor Cow and iHajinshinobi's videos on youtube also generally useful for learning both the system and the even the characters.
    Another battle buddy, named Hurt Box... also has a pretty nice tutorial on DOA as well!

EDIT:

... I would love for Mila to 7K the autocorrect feature on this phone...

Also is there a tier list for this? I kinda locked myself into low tier hell in Tekken because I've been a Xiaoyu player since Tekken 3 so if possible I'd like to pick up a cheesy character for DoA that will allow me to get the maximum amount of wins for minimum effort. Thanks in advance!
    Just pick Christie, she's top tier thanks to frame advantage for days.
    d3v wrote: »
    Just pick Christie, she's top tier thanks to frame advantage for days.

Hmmm... she did win the DoA Festival exhibition tournament. As a viewer it seemed like the Christie, Lei Fang, Rachel and Kasumi players were one or two levels above everyone else.
    edited August 2015
    Rachel has a vortex, but it's been nerfed and is reactable now. I'd say she's solid mid at the moment. Kasumi is probably high or near top. No idea about Lei Fang though.

Kwiggle is probably the best Christie player in the world, if not the best DOA5 player in the world. It helps that his brother is also one of the best in DOA and other fighting games - SonicFox.
    Rachel has a vortex, but it's been nerfed and is reactable now. I'd say she's solid mid at the moment. Kasumi is probably high or near top. No idea about Lei Fang though.

Hmmm... guess I should maybe start with Kasumi instead. I understand that she is free with the Core Fighters version.
    Kwiggle is probably the best Christie player in the world, if not the best DOA5 player in the world. It helps that his brother is also one of the best in DOA and other fighting games - SonicFox.

I think the best player is Matt Ponton on account of the cosplay, but I guess Kwiggle is ok if you value superfluous stuff like skill at playing the game.

Seriously though, Kwiggle looks dominant in the neutral throughout the tournament. The Lei-Fang player, Teru Rock, could somewhat hang with him but I think he was like half a level lower in terms of neutral. He was very good at converting to big damage from his hits though.
    edited August 2015
    I think the best player is Matt Ponton on account of the cosplay...
    @Sorwah you have a fan.
    edited August 2015
    There is always something going on in this game.
    So here.
    New costumes!! See introduction.

EDIT:
    We also have some DOA matches to follow up with. Shout outs to FSD on first vid.

• WAZAAAAAWAZAAAAA I'M ALEXANDER THE GREAT Joined: Posts: 45
    (click on the image for the video)

mqdefault.jpg
    ALL COMBO VIDEOS ARE NOW OUTDATED.

For those confused:
    In DOA, Strikes start automatically missing the opponent once the combo counter reaches 30 but there are ways to ignore such limit: ground strikes against juggled opponents, specific environmental attacks and using 2-in-1 strikes as the 29th hit. Air throws will actually land too, but they don't increase the combo counter. There's probably a way to gain at least 1 more hit using the environment, but it's too much effort for me to bother trying.
    Oh, and low punches never knock an opponent down, which made this video possible.
    YOU'RE NOT ALEXANDER
    Strange glitches can happen when you trade attacks and do stuff at the same time in various fighting games, DOA is no exception. Here's an overview of them.

mqdefault.jpg
    (click on the image for the video)
    YOU'RE NOT ALEXANDER
  • VirtuaKazamaVirtuaKazama Mayor of Virtua City Joined: Posts: 47
    Finally joined SRK a couple days ago.

Anyway, I've been keeping up to date on the Battle Royal 2015 tour. Of course the next tournament in the series is Summer Jam 9, which is next weekend and worth double the points because it's a premier event. So far, MC Kwiggle and Electrified Mann qualified for the Grand Finals, along with TeruRock and Gehaktbal (who qualified via the Dead or Alive Festival).

Current standings (Sheets): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x9Cuql3nBlyrKDhDLoxGzXk-Ze_lcR8eX-yK1oWvarA/edit?usp=sharing
    Results from each event (Docs): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C1K39uWZejf1J84R7RB1BDv7bfAocFyG3dSQKul1msY/edit?usp=sharing
    "Frame data, people! Do you read it?!"
    Hey folks.
    There is a certain DOA5LR stream on showcase...
    Oh! I see GamerBee watching the stream as well! (Yes, "that" GamerBee. As in the famous SFIV Adon player).
    Just a minor note. DOAX3 is on the way. Feel free to check up on it.

• VirtuaKazamaVirtuaKazama Mayor of Virtua City Joined: Posts: 47
    Current standings for Battle Royal 2015 has been updated. Please note that the points are doubled because it was a premier event. Next event is The Fall Classic 2015, and this is a Qualifying tournament. Who will join MC Kwiggle, MC Static (E-Mann), Gehaktbal, and TeruRock at the Grand Finals for NEC?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x9Cuql3nBlyrKDhDLoxGzXk-Ze_lcR8eX-yK1oWvarA/edit?usp=sharing
    "Frame data, people! Do you read it?!"
    edited May 2016
    (AHKscript.org thread: http://ahkscript.org/boards/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9540)

Say hi to DeadOrAutohotkey, a fighting game bot I wrote in, you guessed it, AutoHotkey. Previous front page submissions inspired me to do it (KenBot, BisonBot, but prior to those there was lullius)... for DOA.

It reads the game's memory addresses every millisecond to check what the opponent is doing, and reacts accordingly. Think of it as COM LEVEL 9. Most importantly, it uses Ryu Hayabusa which makes it infinitely more badass than any other character with the constant Izuna hype.

Here's a video preview, full of explanations and sweet botting action:

It's pretty fun to use! You can download it, test it, and even modify it. I tried to keep the code as simple and as documented as possible:
    http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/deadorautohotkey-a-bot-that-beats-doa5lr.5982/
    I just want to thank two guys now.
    lullius inspired me to write this bot with his SF4 bot. Since I happen to be somehow familiar with DOA, AutoHotkey and Cheat Engine, I thought, hey, let's try.
    He also inspired dantarion with his pretty advanced KenBot, Ominous with his "human-like" BisonBot, and probably even ToolAssisted with his stream monster Abel. Really, he's the guy
    who started it all, all hail lullius.
    And thanks to RHCP from the AutoHotkey forums who has been consistently the best source regarding memory reading with AHK. I'm using his classMemory library too in the bot itself.
    Post edited by WAZAAAAA on
    YOU'RE NOT ALEXANDER
  • HagaishiHagaishi The lone fighter..........I live for the fight! Joined: Posts: 46
    Just wanted to share some match videos with yall guys, enjoy!

Watashiwa Hagaishi desu, Dozo yoroshiku
  • BzChoyBzChoy Only the finest poverty shit. Joined: Posts: 443
    I just picked up LR a week ago and I like it, it's pretty fun. I plan on maining Tina because female grapplers are hype (and dat white booty too), but I don't know where to start. What do I have to learn first with her? And how do I deal against Brad Wong?
    My main: the most lame, cheesy, trollish character in your favorite game.

Yeah, apparently people do play Advanced V.G. 2, well Japs do. Check it out, the grandaunt or some shit of anime games: Advanced V.G. 2 - JPN Competitive Matches
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 529
    BzChoy wrote: »
    I just picked up LR a week ago and I like it, it's pretty fun. I plan on maining Tina because female grapplers are hype (and dat white booty too), but I don't know where to start. What do I have to learn first with her? And how do I deal against Brad Wong?

Damn over a week ago and no one tried to answer your question...DOA needs more love around here...
    Anyways the best way to learn with her is go do Combo Challenge as mainly with DOA grapplers(as much as I see in videos and such since I'm sadly no Tina main), you are gonna be doing strikes more than grapples(of course this doesn't mean she's terrible in that department, you will mainly be grabbing off bad holds), kinda like with Zangief to an extent in USF4...

As for Brad Wong, you honestly have to get used to his moveset like with most DOA characters(due to obviously DOA being more about prediction and reaction than most fighters) but I believe the best course of action is to wait him out more or less and play it a bit slow and get used to how the player uses Brad(since most players usually default on certain stances for him than all at once in my recollection) and strike.

Not the best advice ever, but there you go.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,268
    I would have gotten it via PC if not for the online fiasco.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    I would have gotten it via PC if not for the online fiasco.

Yeah that was an absolute disaster sadly...
  • Running WildRunning Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane Joined: Posts: 3,176
    Mesmerizing

YouTube Channel - All sorts of random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various classic fighting games.
    RB2: Xiangfei, Cheng, Mary, Geese
  • BzChoyBzChoy Only the finest poverty shit. Joined: Posts: 443
    @Xhominid Thanks. Yeah, I eventually figured out that Tina likes to fish bad holds. Man, dat damage.

I'm thinking of learning a second character for a change. Between Ayane, Momiji and Hitomi, who can play lame the most? Well actually, who's the most turtle-y, spacing/zoning-oriented or hit-and-run character in the game?
    My main: the most lame, cheesy, trollish character in your favorite game.

Yeah, apparently people do play Advanced V.G. 2, well Japs do. Check it out, the grandaunt or some shit of anime games: Advanced V.G. 2 - JPN Competitive Matches
    Ayene is top tier. Momiju is high but gets alot of hate online due to how simple her stuff is.
    BzChoy wrote: »
    @Xhominid Thanks. Yeah, I eventually figured out that Tina likes to fish bad holds. Man, dat damage.

I'm thinking of learning a second character for a change. Between Ayane, Momiji and Hitomi, who can play lame the most? Well actually, who's the most turtle-y, spacing/zoning-oriented or hit-and-run character in the game?

What D3V said.

Ayane is pretty ridiculous in terms of turtling and doing some pretty good damage while being very trickster-like(or well, she can space pretty damn well and is easily one of the best at it).

Momiji is also pretty good(though not Top like Ayane is) as while she doesn't have spacing, I believe she has some damn good pokes and options. I played Momiji ALOT before I stopped playing online alot but I still know plenty about her and well enough I can easily jump back into the saddle.
  • VicioushellsingVicioushellsing Joined: Posts: 469
    Hey all, im currently streaming DoA5 LR. Playing around with Nyotengu and her new halloween costume. I am by no means good at the game but im looking to get better and figure streaming games could help with that. (more people able to criticize it after all). Stop on by if you are interested.
    Catch me monday-thursday nights streaming on twitch.tv/Vicioushellsing
  • SorwahSorwah Joined: Posts: 889
    edited October 2015
    Fighters' Destiny: Ties that Bind (Episode 1)

This documentary is here to shed light on the community aspect rather than just going to a tournament to win money. Since DOA5 launched in 2012 we have seen tremendous growth in the offline scene and we see that in this video with the bonds that have formed throughout the years.

This video is a nice (and well shot) overview of what's happened during the course of Team NINJA's 2015 Battle Royal... and nothing is better than seeing this positive form of media leading up to the grand finals at NEC 15, live and offline in Pennsylvania, December 11-13th!

As the community grows we see that the beef we had with random people online back in DOA4 was pretty stupid, and the hope now, since the community has expanded offline -- is to see everyone try their hardest to make it to one offline event.
  • LuxlievLuxliev Joined: Posts: 9
    When I play DoA none character piss me off as much as Momiji. Do you have any tips against her? I play Tina.
    Luxliev wrote: »
    When I play DoA none character piss me off as much as Momiji. Do you have any tips against her? I play Tina.

The best I can give is even though I main Momiji, I'm not ultra technical on her weakpoints. From my experience she mainly works on mixups and her pressure is meh in certain cases.
    Someone can probably give you far better info as I really can't give weaknesses of characters, just general playstyles.