GGPO ST Grand Masters Challenge. May 13th 7:00PM Pacific Standard Time

DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
Ever wonder who was the best player of a certain character was on GGPO? Well here is your chance to find out and test how well you do against other top players from GGPO.

We are excited to bring you some new ST entertainment. Starting May 13th, we will be streaming an ST game show of sorts. We call it, the Grand Masters Challenge. In the first episode, Fromo and I will compete against top GGPO players Kuroppi(Honda), Omen(Ryu), and Hyphenated(Fei) using blanka. The Blanka with the best score in the end will be crowned top Blanka player of GGPO. To add extra hype to this match, the loser of the contest will have to retire their favorite color…. Forever! The Black and Red Blanka color is at stake, and neither of us intends to give it up.

The format of the show will go as followed. Fromo and I will both play each Gladiator FT5. The contestant with the better score in the end wins.

We will stream this event every other week. So if you want to compete in the next event, PM me your screen name and what character you use. Here is your chance to find out if you are the better player of your character against the other GGPO players.

The next show will stream on May 27th, so PM me to sign up now!!! Send me your GGPO screen name, character you use, and what state you are from. In order to insure that we get good connections for both contestants, I will organize and find Gladiators that are close to both contestants to reduce lag.

Stream will be hosted by

Post edited by DNGR S PAPERCUT on
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ah shit..    

Comments

• robbiersrobbiers Joined: Posts: 1
    sign me in big mike
  • YitoYito Macro Turbo Lag Tactics? Joined: Posts: 7
    DSP, kyouya plays very good with blanka i send a message
    <_yito2k_> any one games?????
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    It's not just for Blanka players. It's for everything. Just post up your GGPO screen name and what character you use, I'll schedule the next show for you and another contestant to square off.
    Ah shit..    
  • ~Reign~~Reign~ Psycho Blanka Joined: Posts: 390
    That sounds interesting...
  • VestaxVestax Blends No. 27 Joined: Posts: 1,509
    Please sign me up. I will be using my chinese german name: Ho Lee Schitt.
    Play an old man's game. Play Super Turbo.
  • VestaxVestax Blends No. 27 Joined: Posts: 1,509
    Oh put me down as fat ass honda and cheap ass rog.
    Play an old man's game. Play Super Turbo.
  • RekkaKenRekkaKen SSF2T Combo Master Joined: Posts: 52
    RekkaKen76

Ryu, OG Ken,Fei Long
    Back on the scene! (kinda)
    edited May 2013
    robbiers wrote: »
    sign me in big mike

awesome, I'm going to need to know which characters you want to sign up with Senor Rob!

also, Yito, I'm putting you down for sim.

Ah shit..    
  • ultracomboultracombo Weakest Loser Joined: Posts: 741
    Tiger
    "If ultracombo misses a low roundhouse, he is likely to continue doing it." - TheMuffinMan
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    I am not sure I understand.
    So round 1 is only between you & fromo for the blanka GMC?
    So reign and 10000watts couldn't join?

Is there a limit per character? If there are like 10 ryu masters, FT5 each vs omen, kuroppi, hyphenate will take a long time.
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
    edited May 2013
    Good questions Papasi.

Only 2 contestants per show. If any other Blanka's want to contest the title, they will play on their own episode. We plan to stream once every 2 weeks on Monday. This weeks show is already booked. We want to keep the show at 45 mins per episode. This isn't going to be one of those streams that run on for hours.

TL;DR: Show is every other Monday, 45 min per show. 2 Contestants each show, 3 Gladiators, FT5 each Gladiator. Contestant with best score wins.
    Ah shit..    
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    You know I got your back big homie! Lets get this shit crackin and spark some shit up for Super Turbo ! Bring the fuckin hype and make this riot KICK THE FUCK OFF MOTHER FUCKER !!!
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
    List of Gladiators I got so far.

DJFrijoles
    Kuroppi
    Hyphenated
    Omen
    (Who ever wins the next Blanka match)

I need some more from the East Coast. If you are interested, please PM me. I have a few in mind already. Going to try to get in contact with them soon.
    Ah shit..    
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    I will use chun li, any other chun li player takes the challenge?
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
  • MegamanX-8MegamanX-8 Robotic Warrior Joined: Posts: 141
    im interested yay sign me up
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/nohonorcrew/

Cant have Honor when we dont have honor

XBL : WalkingDeadGuy9
    KI : Arbiter, Jago
    SFV: Zangief
    Pokken: Sceptile
    ST : Zangief, Ken, Ryu, N Sagat
    Fightcade : MegamanX8
  • SotoSoto The un-safe jump master. ~FrankieSnow~ Joined: Posts: 244
    you forgot to tell yer stream adress, im in if i can, all new and old chars+akuma.
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,722
    It should be on twitch.tv/arkadeum
  • Hyphen-atedHyphen-ated Joined: Posts: 39
    I am pumped and also stoked for this event
  • TheMuffinManTheMuffinMan 「満」 「寸」 「越」 Joined: Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2013
    Put me in as a competitor or as a gladiator (DeeJay/Fei/Sagat) :D
    "That you float along in the ocean and live a life of peace does not come from your own resourcefulness." - Demon's Sermon on Martial Arts
    Muffy is the DeeJay Gladiator.

competitor for fei and sagat.
    Ah shit..    
  • KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    edited May 2013
    http://www.strevival.com/2013/05/11/grandmaster-challenge-episode-1-may-13th/

str_gmc_episode1.png

From Arkadeum Studios in Los Angeles, CA, this is The Grandmaster Challenge!

Where two contestants will dare face our grandmasters of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo in a battle for the highscore and bragging rights.

Bring your best character & prepare to fight the Gladiators for Episode One: Shotosallday, kuroppi, and Hyphenated!

Our special pilot episode will feature contestants DNGR S PAPERCUT & Fromo. Both Blanka players will compete for the title “Best Blanka of GGPO” as they will battle each gladiator in a first to five set. As an extra bonus, the loser will vow to retire their favorite color. In this case, it’s the Black & Red Blanka at stake and neither contestant intends to give it up!

Sign up to be a contestant on a future episode, contact sergjiev@arkadeum.com or post on the SRK thread.

Special thanks to DNGR S PAPERCUT and Sergjiev for organizing this!
    Post edited by Kuroppi on
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
  • KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    Just got word from PAPERCUT that Shotosallday will be unable to attend. 0men, who is an alternate will take his place.
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    edited May 2013
    My money's on Fromo.

Put me down as a contestant: Ryu.
  • DecoyDecoy You better block. Joined: Posts: 497
    Hey DSP, put me down as a gladiator or competitor. -Blanka
    XBL Tag: Real Decoy
    Ditto. And you guys posting to compete for the next show, don't forget to post what state or time zone you're in. I'm going to pick out the matches based on how close you are to each other so that we can bring the lag issue down to a minimum. Thank you all for showing interest.
    Ah shit..    
  • ultracomboultracombo Weakest Loser Joined: Posts: 741
    Dude I said tiger for a reason. I'll enter both gats. Also o.ryu.
    "If ultracombo misses a low roundhouse, he is likely to continue doing it." - TheMuffinMan
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    man I cant wait for this lol
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,171
    edited May 2013
    Do we get to choose who we face? I'm in against your last minute change -> my chun vs 0men's boxer so I can have something to refer to for my thursday stream. =)

... or... am I not understanding how this works...?

edit: ohh nvm, we have to face of with someone else of the same character. I get it now =) I'll totally accept seshou's chun challenge =). (even with his crazy mexican lag =p )

Or anyone else, but seshou's the only chun who's posted right now.

matches against other players are a way better measure of who's the better character player than a mirror set =).

EC canada =)
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
    it5s a both players of the same chyar vs the gladiatgors, with the gladiaotrs being people close toy uo. i guess ythat matches up arent yet defined but i woulñd emaqgine one of tha gladiatprs will be a bad match ujp fpor you
    edited May 2013
    yeah. I know how. Originally I thought it was one main event, plus, random challenges for one of the gladiators. I'll gladly be a temporary cammy gladiator, if you need a bad matchup for hawk lol. 8 - 2 cr. MK ALL DAY lol.

I'm assuming for every show the winner will be a new gladiator? and subsequent challenges (say another blanka) would be against the current gladiator (so, next blanka would be vs tomorrow's winner?) Again, I'm SO in for chun if that's the case.
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • AngeloW88AngeloW88 Just Kicking It Joined: Posts: 132
    cool idea sign me up

GGPO: miguels111

Character: Chun Li
    hahah srslyt i have n idea how all the details rok but i want t be a competirtor for fei long and mutha fuckin hawk. WHO WANTS SOME MUTYHER FUKERS
    djfrijoles wrote: »
    hahah srslyt i have n idea how all the details rok but i want t be a competirtor for fei long and mutha fuckin hawk. WHO WANTS SOME MUTYHER FUKERS

man you definitely should pair with papercut 's hawk for another episode & hypenate for fei.

I have never seen papercut's blanka but I can imagine a HF style blanka no hops tricks & combos etc. should sub in reign or 10000watts.

but i'm looking forward to the first episode regardless.
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    starting now gogogo

• TheUtilityGirlTheUtilityGirl Joined: Posts: 155
    Sign me up, I'll play feilong.
    <Markman> No one will die as long as I'm around
    <Markman> I parry armageddons with my finger
    <Markman> I can also parry your girl with my finger
    <Markman> Hold that
  • llamahllamah Joined: Posts: 7
    Put me down for chun but really only vs Unessential for The Great Pink Chun Showdown 2013.
    edited May 2013
    5 feis, and 3 chuns...

Odd numbers. if you're going to do 2 at a time...

maybe 3 chuns at once, and then feis can do a group of 3 then 2? Then the winner of the two groups do another one to determine the gladiator?

But the chun one might be a lagfest. sesho is in mexico, I'm in canada... No idea where angelo is....

edit: so hypen just told me there really is no system, and challengers/gladiators are always picked differently... so in that case, I'll be both a challenger and gladiator as chun.
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    I challenge unnessential, so I will make him quit pink chun li for the rest of his days >:D
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    Psh, against another serious chun player I would be willing to give up my favourite colour. but against you? you barely use chun... I'll do it if you agree to never use o chun again =p. :lol:
    GGs fromo. Thanks for everyone that tuned in. Me and Serj are going to go over who will play the next match. The next episode will be in 2 weeks and will probably run on a Tuesday. Don't touch that dial, we got quality ST entertainment coming up.
    Ah shit..