Kansas City SRK: The Cruel Thesis of Violent Gilgamesh

Comments

• FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD KC SRK Supreme Godking Joined: Posts: 2,159
    FuLLBLeeD wrote: »
    Hello all, I'm from Jefferson City, MO. I was curious if I could be accepted into this group, as I just now found this thread, lol.

Absolutely! I'm also really happy you posted here because it justifies me posting this thread in the first place (to get new people to come out). Everything you should need to know is in the OP but if you have any questions feel free to ask!

The first thing you should do is add one of us on Facebook so we can let you into our Facebook group. You can add me if you like, my name on there is Chris Cunningham.

I tried searching for you, and it turns out that's a really popular name haha, I'm not quite sure which one is you, so here is the link to my facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/josh.luebbering?ref=tn_tnmn

I guess I should add that I am primarily an Injustice player, (I noticed that no one here is interested in MK9, which WAS my primary haha) I currently am talking with some guys in Columbia, and I was directed to come here to find a scene haha.

Injustice has an active community here and seems to be getting a steady influx of new players. I sent you a friend request on Facebook, once you accept I can add you to the group. Welcome to KC SRK!
  • KCs NOTOR1OUSKCs NOTOR1OUS Puttin Demon Karate on the map Joined: Posts: 1,154
    Gg's last night. I am not about that Street Fighter life. So roll call again, who's all down for this 5v5 vs Chicago at UFGT?
    If you want to beat the man in front of you, simply cut him down.

"I've suffered enough at the hands of Chad for lesser transgressions. Fucking with Chad's wings is like fucking with his patience."--Chachi
    Can't Stop, Won't Stop, DFS eh eh eh eh
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • SamsonSamson UNLIMITED Joined: Posts: 290
    I'm down. We got you, Le, Yon, and JaMarr.
    Relax and take notes.
  • KCs NOTOR1OUSKCs NOTOR1OUS Puttin Demon Karate on the map Joined: Posts: 1,154
    Hokay, sounds good to me. See you guys bright and early.

"I've suffered enough at the hands of Chad for lesser transgressions. Fucking with Chad's wings is like fucking with his patience."--Chachi
    Fullbleed, go ahead and add Lawrence to the cities too.

Glad so many people went to UFGT, it's always better when more people travel together!
    Relax and take notes.
    Done.

Had a really good time at UFGT. I would have liked to do better at SF4 but whatever, not gonna dwell on it. Did really well in Marvel, 4-2 so I almost made it out of pools. Best part of the trip for me was playing casuals with a bunch of different people and learning new matchups in SF4. I also learned a lot of new stuff in SFxT by playing casuals with really good players. I did well in casuals in SF4 and Marvel but got completely bodied in SFxT. People that play that game at majors are so good. I found a new way to optimize Kuma's damage that will let me kill characters a lot faster. Also learned a lot of new Haggar tech in Marvel. I played a bit of casuals in Skullgirls with a dude that got top 8 and he said I was doing really well footsies wise for someone who just started playing. Just gotta get this Ms Fortune stuff down and learn some Cerebella stuff and I'll be in there too.

EVO is gonna be my next major and I'm looking forward to it.
  • ludwig_vanludwig_van Joined: Posts: 6
    (I noticed that no one here is interested in MK9, which WAS my primary haha)

For MK9, there's myself, MrMister, and uh... that's about it. I haven't practiced in a while but I'd be down to play if you ask me at a hookup/tourney.
    I have admin on the Facebook page now, if you need to be added just ask me directly and I can do it. Its great to see all these new players!
    Maxout montly tournament is tentatively scheduled for 15 June!
    Relax and take notes.
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Tournament event is up on the FB group :

https://www.facebook.com/events/582137288487633/?fref=ts#
    Hey, hosting games at my place tonight and tomorrow, starting at 730 both nights. These hookups are going to be focused around P4, GG, and Injustice.
    Address is:
    2431 NE 2nd St
    Blue Springs, MO 64014
    And don't park on the driveway, park in the street.
    just pre registered for Skullgirls at EVO...dear god what have I done...
    Hosting P4 again tomorrow (Thursday) at my place, starting at 7:30, park in the street, address is:
    2431 NE 2nd St
    Blue Springs, MO 64014\

Might do Injustice Friday, not sure yet though.
    I may or may not be in attendance depending on when i get this studying done.

Good luck to those going to Omaha on Saturday!
  • MoTheHawkMoTheHawk Just Fight. Joined: Posts: 170
    edited June 2013
    MAXOUT is this Saturday ya'll. Full event details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/582137288487633/

maxout-ndp-promo.jpg

Stream here:

Featuring money matches!
    Check out our monthly MAXOUT tournaments in Kansas City - Twitch Channel - Twitter - Facebook Group - YouTube Channel
  • papermarkispapermarkis Think of New York Knicks Joined: Posts: 154
    Hi guyz
    This message is already read
  • MGFMGF TVC Team Joined: Posts: 494
    Maxout was awesome, good games to the out of towners and people I didn't recognize.
    My song of the whenever
    Marvel vs Capcom - Captain Commando
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SOvJiKdP4g
    Has anyone ever experienced really bad lag in Super Street Fighter 4 on PS3? Last night my console was lagging on everything but training stage. When a game lags on PS3, its usually because the PS3 has hit its RAM cache (it was a pathetic 256 MB of RAM) but we turned my console off and on and the lag was still there. Maybe the GPU is overheating or something? I'm not sure, this hasn't happened before. Weird.
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,713
    I noticed the lag is a little better on the Hidden/Old/Ancient/whatever Temple stage. I forget what model you have, so depending on age and wear/tear it could just be worn out....
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
    The lag stopped after two things: changing the PS3's video output from 1080P to 720P, and picking Training Stage. I'm not sure which of those two did the trick.
    Check out our monthly MAXOUT tournaments in Kansas City - Twitch Channel - Twitter - Facebook Group - YouTube Channel
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,713
    I would say the upscaling to 1080p was the problem, since 720p is the game's native resolution.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
    Skullgirls is too much fun. Everyone should jump on this train.
  • MR.MisterMR.Mister retirement Joined: Posts: 264
    ^I heard your mom is a lot of fun and everybody has already been on that train. lol
    MR.Mister wrote: »
    ^I heard your mom is a lot of fun and everybody has already been on that train. lol

3/10

Everyone that plays on PS3 has to put their display output as 720p!
    Relax and take notes.
    I like your new avatar Samson!
    i slip up sometimes when watching blue ray and forget to switch back to 720p, I'll be at TTT tonight, i'll bring my xbox so we can all get on that kof 2002 train. Trainin you guys for evo bathroom tournaments.

Motherfucking EVO is a little over 2 weeks away. Nothing else is on my mind.

Also shoutouts to my two favorite current games P4A and TTT2 being the two most dead ones - starting and finishing Friday afternoon. I guess the next two days will be hunting for casuals and cheering on the rest of the KC crew.
    EVO! I'm in there! Also MoTheHawk although I'm most likely dropping SFxT forever after EVO (fuck that game's stupid electricity buffer getting me punished for no reason) I still wanna practice it a little bit on Saturday. Skullgirls is gonna replace it as the new game I'm grinding.

Also for those of you that didn't know, I just noticed you can add people to our Facebook group through email addresses. This might make it a bit easier to add new players.
  • VenomVGZVenomVGZ I See Dead Pixels Joined: Posts: 3
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.sitrep

I'd be in to join the FB group. I didn't know KC had a big KOF scene. I woulda' thought it'd be Marvel or SF! I'm in Overland Park/Leawood.
    PSN: KingOfLimbsxx | http://twitter.com/MeImNot_ | http://vgz.cx (I run the blog here, there's a lot of fighting gamers in the chat!) | Chicago Blackhawks 'til I die!
    VenomVGZ wrote: »

I'd be in to join the FB group. I didn't know KC had a big KOF scene. I woulda' thought it'd be Marvel or SF! I'm in Overland Park/Leawood.

Send you a friend request, but if you give me your email address I'll be able to add you faster.
    VenomVGZ wrote: »

our kof scene isn't huge, we have a dedicated 5 or 6 players, but we are all pretty competent and place top 16/8 at major tournaments.

If you're willing to put in the work you will do fine. Just do not have an expect immediate results mentality, give it a little time.

• VenomVGZVenomVGZ I See Dead Pixels Joined: Posts: 3
    our kof scene isn't huge, we have a dedicated 5 or 6 players, but we are all pretty competent and place top 16/8 at major tournaments.

If you're willing to put in the work you will do fine. Just do not have an expect immediate results mentality, give it a little time.

i've been playing on-and-off over PSN with some friends for about 2 and a half weeks. I'm honestly expecting to be a punching bag for a bit.
    PSN: KingOfLimbsxx | http://twitter.com/MeImNot_ | http://vgz.cx (I run the blog here, there's a lot of fighting gamers in the chat!) | Chicago Blackhawks 'til I die!
  • SynapsseSynapsse Joined: Posts: 80
    Since y'all seem to be using this as well as the facebook group, I figured I'd extend an event invite in here as well since NE tends to go to KC for tournaments and little bits of KC come up to Omaha for some of ours(mostly for KoF it seems) Anyways we're having an event at the end of August in Lincoln, here's the event information for y'all to check out. Hope to see some new and familiar faces there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/578251412226397/?ref=2
    XBL/: Synapsse QQ
    GGPO: Synapsse
    Synapsse wrote: »
    Since y'all seem to be using this as well as the facebook group, I figured I'd extend an event invite in here as well since NE tends to go to KC for tournaments and little bits of KC come up to Omaha for some of ours(mostly for KoF it seems) Anyways we're having an event at the end of August in Lincoln, here's the event information for y'all to check out. Hope to see some new and familiar faces there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/578251412226397/?ref=2
    Don't quote me, but I think we'll have a pretty sizable chunk going this time. I heard you guys have a Canes?? if that's the case then, yes, i can guarantee a lot of people will show up.

• SuperVehicle001SuperVehicle001 Joined: Posts: 51
    If KoF XIII would come out on Steam I might be able to hang with the cool kids lol.
    Let's hope it happens

• SpαrksterSpαrkster G.F.B.T.G. Joined: Posts: 312
    Dude, I heard KOF 2k2 (UM?). When's Max Out this month? If it's too short notice, I'll definitely aim for August so we can get our XIII/02UM/98 on.
    I don't think there's a date at the moment.
    Relax and take notes.