Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- one of life's gilty pleasures

Huggy BearHuggy Bear Scoops Häagen-Dazs®Joined: Posts: 2,149
edited January 5 in Fighting Game Discussion

- New Character (Though it could be a millia reskin)
- Unreal Engine
- 3D Elements?
- ISHIWATARI
- SOL DUSTLOOPS

I'm hyped as all hell for this. Everyone wanted a new GG and we got it, GOD DAMNIT YES.

The new look is going to get a fair amount of hate. But to be honest I'm trying my HARDEST to care less.

UPDATE AS OF 27/07/2013 (British Format)

Loketests being held in Japan as of August @Akibahara
Post edited by Preppy on
Logan / Spencer / Gouki

Comments

• MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 488
    Now the hellish wait commences. Saw this when they Arc System Works posted it on facebook badass trailer indeed.
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    Just hoping the graphics get smoothed out a bit, so it doesn't look like STHDR as much... Only a few scenes did that to me, but the game looks awesome so far.
    That, and the lyrics in the BGM has to go...

But anyway, HYPE AS FUCKING SHIT
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • SolidSonicTHSolidSonicTH Nyan-ko. Joined: Posts: 404
    That is one of the best looking fighting games I've ever seen...EVER.

I'm not usually such a graphics whore but I might play this just because of how spectacular it looks, and I don't even like Guilty Gear usually.
    I'm a tryhard, big deal. I don't see why you care.
  • Angry AbelAngry Abel Joined: Posts: 384
    edited May 2013
    Holy sh!t, that looks awesome! Will it be for next gen consoles?
    Post edited by Angry Abel on
  • Huggy BearHuggy Bear Scoops Häagen-Dazs® Joined: Posts: 2,149
    I'd imagine it would be for both. Much like BBCP.

BUT GOD DAMN IT THANK YOU GOD. NEW GG ;_;
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

• AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,722
    So Sol, Ky, Millia and Eddie/Zato confirmed by that trailer
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

Currently Playing: Nioh, Lost Odyssey, Yakuza 3, Rare Replay
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,096
    God damn those are realtime gameplay 3D models?
  • SolidSonicTHSolidSonicTH Nyan-ko. Joined: Posts: 404
    edited May 2013
    Taito wrote: »
    God damn those are realtime gameplay 3D models?

You can see why I'm so surprised. ArcSys has always been striving for the anime look-and-feel with their fighting games. I won't deny they've gotten close to it but this is the first game that I can honestly say has completely pulled it off (and they didn't even use 2D animation to do it; perhaps that's why it hasn't been flawless to now).
    I'm a tryhard, big deal. I don't see why you care.
  • DanDanDanDan Yeah! Joined: Posts: 1,209
    edited May 2013
    I don't have much interest in Guilty Gear, but this further proves how jaw dropping 2D sprites/animation are and how much of an impact they still have in today's gaming gen.
    The sprites look freaking amazing!

Edit: Whoops, it's 3D? Still looks freaking good!
    KOF and AE 2012
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,176
    edited May 2013
    Look pretty cool though something seems off in Badguy's anatomy. It looks like 3D models very anime. I wish Capcom would do that.

Ky looks feminine -_- I don't wan to imagine what happened with Bridget.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,096
    DanDan wrote: »
    I don't have much interest in Guilty Gear, but this further proves how jaw dropping 2D sprites/animation are and how much of an impact they still have in today's gaming gen.
    The sprites look freaking amazing!

Edit: Whoops, it's 3D? Still looks freaking good!
    Exactly!
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 53,450 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2013
    Like that it's actually a cel shade that makes you somewhat forget it's a 2.5d game.

Other than that, looks slow, probably going to sell out to slower game speed, lesser execution requirements and hopefully not much more than that. Old GG community will most likely shun this and like BB, will just take on a newer community. Luckily as far as sales go it should do good regardless since it's part of a prestigious fighting game IP so free sales no matter how good or bad like SFIV or UMVC3. Most likely will get an arcade release which means the game will evolve competitively quicker also.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• Mr. UnbrockableMr. Unbrockable I like Thomas the Tank Engine Joined: Posts: 1,434
    Man I never thought I would see a new guilty gear. I am pleased.
    Rattle Rattle thunder clatter boom boom boom
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge MAD STRUGGLE Joined: Posts: 16,105
    edited May 2013
    Okay now that the hype is gone....... Ky looks gay. Sol uses original Grandviper. Boo. But still hype over a new GG coming out. Not too fond of the new look but I'd take it over BlazBlue.*shots fired*
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    edited May 2013
    Note: I am not a GG player. This looks good. The sprite work is fucking amazing and 3D backgrounds don't bother me. They look like really good 3D backgrounds, total opposite of MVC2 or CVS2. I'm amused that Japan is finally using the UE like virtually every other game developer and one would hope this would make a dedicated PC release more likely.

Edit: Didn't realize that the models are entirely in 3D. Good shit!
    Post edited by Louiscipher on
    STOMP!
    GG having a PC release would be awesome. Damn this game looks sexy as hell
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

• iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 489
    Hod do you pronounce "Xrd"?
    edited May 2013
    X Ard
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

• Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,588
    3d just needs to be smoothed out a liiiitle bit. Its clearly early stages of development. Wanna see where this goes. Hopefully it doesn't kill bbcp before America even gets a chance to compete.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 489
    Huggy Bear wrote: »
    X Ard

...okay...
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,834
    Like that it's actually a cel shade that makes you somewhat forget it's a 2.5d game.

Other than that, looks slow, probably going to sell out to slower game speed, lesser execution requirements and hopefully not much more than that. Old GG community will most likely shun this and like BB, will just take on a newer community. Luckily as far as sales go it should do good regardless since it's part of a prestigious fighting game IP so free sales no matter how good or bad like SFIV or UMVC3. Most likely will get an arcade release which means the game will evolve competitively quicker also.
    Don't forget possible comeback mechanics.
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    I'm cautiously optimistic.

Unreal Engine + Fighting Game
    Saw some camera shift on what looked like a 5D style move

Right now, I'm having unhappy flashbacks of SF4/SFxT

The only good thing I saw was Daisuke as Director to be completely honest.
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,276
    edited May 2013
    Thancruz wrote: »

GG already has comeback mechanics, the Detroyed Moves, the gut system and the burst
    Mr. X wrote: »
    I'm cautiously optimistic.

Unreal Engine + Fighting Game
    Saw some camera shift on what looked like a 5D style move

Right now, I'm having unhappy flashbacks of SF4/SFxT

The only good thing I saw was Daisuke as Director to be completely honest.
    I know what you mean, the tought of the UE3 makes me feel uneasy, but on the other hand i have faith on ASW

Hopefully the speed is only an issue on this stage of development, though i am still affraid that they will dumb down some stuff on the game, based on what ElvenShadow posted some time ago on DL, like there was a possibility that they will remove the FRC's on a new installment :/

1htqli.jpg

2ysqfa.jpg
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,834
    Im guessing the new ponytail is to cater to the bishounen fans out there? Lol. I have only played gg a few times here and there, so im interested to see the direction this game goes.
  • YannickYannick Max Range Panta Rhei Joined: Posts: 4,464
    I hope they just keep the game's speed up!

As much as I love Blaz, I can't play it anymore because it's so damn slow!

I have to go back to Accent Core just for some speed boostz.
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
  • stickystainesstickystaines Joined: Posts: 835
    Hecatom wrote: »
    snip

I could see them keeping FRC's in but making them easier. Making the game 3d like this sort of gives them the excuse to widely change up some things anyway.
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,162
    Awesome graphics.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812
    Those are 3D models? Looks amazing. Hope it doesn't feel sluggish like Unreal engine games tend to. I don't play GG at all but this looks interesting.
  • PyrexHDPyrexHD Joined: Posts: 20
    Its great to see Guilty Gear is back! I literally cannot WAIT.
  • Mr. UnbrockableMr. Unbrockable I like Thomas the Tank Engine Joined: Posts: 1,434

Arc Systems didn't put those in any of their games. So I doubt they will start now.
    Rattle Rattle thunder clatter boom boom boom
  • CelerityCelerity Professional Necrodancer Joined: Posts: 798
    I need a bucket to catch all the drool.
    (P4AU) Marie :::: (UNIEL) Vatista :::: (BB) Izayoi/Rachel :::: (USF4) Juri
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    edited May 2013
    -Looks like a prequel based on Ky and Sol's convo

-Sol's sword is different.
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • FunkyPFunkyP Chicks with Guns Joined: Posts: 1,545
    edited May 2013

Arc Systems didn't put those in any of their games. So I doubt they will start now.

overdrive and awakening
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge MAD STRUGGLE Joined: Posts: 16,105
    edited May 2013
    AtTheGates wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/BzOfvAy.jpg

just made this, a comparison of all of sol's moves seen in the trailer with their GGX counterparts. enjoy.
    Badass. Seems Sol smiles during some attacks now. Guess he's even more laid back now.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • OnirosOniros Joined: Posts: 108
    ron-paul.gif
    P4A: Chie/GG: Jam/VSav: Q-Bee
    Rival Schools needs to come back!
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,276
    FunkyP wrote: »

overdrive and awakening

What makes the overdrive a comback mechanic is the fact that its lenght increase when you have less health, otherwise it works like the Dark Forces of DarkStalkers or Heat Up from Battle Fantasia
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)