Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- one of life's gilty pleasures

Comments

• <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Odd, as simple as she seems I find Millia to have a good amount of complexities that makes her interesting.
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,443
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    Slayer
    Slayer got 1 small buff because Hase is required to have a low tier or he'd win too much.

People can't let Reload & Accent Core go huh?, Its in the past let it go lol

Personally I think Bite should be high proration but at least give a small combo into knockdown or something. Slayer hits like a truck, but we don't want another 6k situation where he has a plus on block overhead into high damage without a lot of proration, that was really dumb.

I think ASW thinks Slayer and Pot are ok because they each have a player going the distance with them, but I'd argue neither is well designed. Pot needs a couple better options in exchange for a small amount of damage so he can't fucking kill you with a CH RC or mortal counter. Slayer needs a slightly better mixup or neutral tool so he is scarier when he gets in or has an easier time in the neutral. Nothing major, but the weakness in the characters gameplan is too much to cover at a high level. You can win when the skill gap is massive, but you are going to get pieced out @ Evo just because you can't cover those holes consistently.
    Yeah, that is what Leo is for. However I agree for the most part, I think Slayer is one mix up tool from being super good, but I honestly think he is already fairly solid. Not high tier or anything though.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,877
    So I've been trying to use Raven Stance more and I think I've come to the conclusion that it's basically a parry with YRC and no more than than. Maybe if they throw out a fireball and aren't directly on its ass you can build some Excitement but in general you toss it out when you know they'll press a button and punish them for their insolence.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,474
    Oh yeah, and PSN-handle: ebsundmark

Still gone for the next week however, so if the tourney is done before next Sunday I can't make it.
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Jack-O
    Jack-O house nerf. I blame this on Mike raping fools with the most basic game plan ever. 3HS ->throw all the houses at them till they die. It just worked way to well at high level. So 5S got a very small nerf to make fighting her on the ground more bearable and Houses got less blockstun so you had to do more than throw houses to win with her now.

So basically, she lost the most important parts of her very mediocre neutral game.
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
    edited July 2016
    Pertho wrote: »
    Doing the punch one. 4p, 5p, 4s, 5h xx ice spike.

98 damage from a throw isnt bad. There's probably more you could do but my execution is ass and i have to do groceries in a bit. :lol:

Yeah off throw I'm pretty sure you can just go straight to H Fish (sacrificing damage for oki), which should work on everyone except for maybe I-No and Slayer as they have fast wake up. In the corner you can go for something like: throw, dash, 2K, 6P, 6H, P/K Fish. It is sorta tight timing wise, but you get decent meaty pressure and some half decent mix up options after (TK bubble>air dash>j.P>air dash>j.P>2K>c.S>236K Yrc>421H>5K>P Fish for lockdown or iad>j.P>j.K>j.236P>throw/iad>j.P>j.K>air dash>j.K>j.S/iad>j.P>j.K>2K/TK 236P>air dash>j.p>j.K>j.H for mix up). She gets double overheads, triple overheads, delayed quad overheads, empty lows, empty throw, etc off it, which isn't bad. It may end up being fraudulent (that seems to be a common theme; chicken blocking, IB air throw, and Blitz are all super effective against her) but it should be alright for now
  • infrequent lurkerinfrequent lurker I'm not here Joined: Posts: 1,514
    Sorry about the earlier post. Lack of sleep + assumptions=major fuckups. However I have a Paypal account now so unless something catostro...castro...unless some fucked up shit happens we can still do the 70-20-10 thing for cash money.

So that's 3 people now. C'mon folks, the more the merrier.
    edited July 2016

Makki match footage. The quality is pretty bad (lol Japanese stream tech), but it should still help anyone trying to get a grip on her

Also thought I'd add the final 1.02 tier lists from some top players. No real surprises except Dogura not listing Sin as S tier...that main character bias. The last one having I-No so low was a bit surprising as well
    ujskenM.jpg
    Post edited by drunkards_walk on
  • TetsuroTetsuro Joined: Posts: 705
    Sorry about the earlier post. Lack of sleep + assumptions=major fuckups. However I have a Paypal account now so unless something catostro...castro...unless some fucked up shit happens we can still do the 70-20-10 thing for cash money.

So that's 3 people now. C'mon folks, the more the merrier.

When is the tournament? I'll participate assuming I'm free.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,799
    I can participate, but i know that there will be lag.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    grandabx wrote: »

Jack-O
    Jack-O house nerf. I blame this on Mike raping fools with the most basic game plan ever. 3HS ->throw all the houses at them till they die. It just worked way to well at high level. So 5S got a very small nerf to make fighting her on the ground more bearable and Houses got less blockstun so you had to do more than throw houses to win with her now.

So basically, she lost the most important parts of her very mediocre neutral game.
    What mediocre neutral game

Jack-O' still has godlike normals and servant gangbangs are a thing. You just can't throw houses like a nut and not care about their positioning anymore.

She's still strong lmao
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,247
    Still doing Dizzy's combo trials. I am at Advanced 08 now.

Advanced 06 was a pain the ass. For some reason I fucked up the reverse srk move (for the Ice spike missle) a lot. Took me an hour to do this combo.

@Muttonman @Naeras @Phantom Angel @Hecatom @Tetsuro We are going to shoot for the Sunday after next. It was originally going to be tomorrow, but not many have signed up, and Dizzy just came out, so we are going to wait a week. If anyone has any objections let me know
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,084
    I suck too bad. Can I just spectate?
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,399 mod
    Pertho14 on PSN.

Sign me up so ya'll can laugh at my level 99 fraud ass. :lol:
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,474
    Sounds good to me.
    Anyone have a tip how to do Dizzy combo trial Advanced 09?

I can't connect the jump k after the mini dash. Is there something else I need to know?
    Nevermind, got it after 2-3 hours. :bee:
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,291

Jack-O

House wasn't a neutral game tool at all. It was a lockdown / fuck neutral auto get in tool. Her 5S was one of the best in the game and it is still one of the best just doesn't have pre-patch Elphelt style priority anymore. Imagine she still beats some characters pretty handidly, but yeah her bad matchups aren't any better.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • ShinKoryukenShinKoryuken Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey I just got this game and am looking for people to play with My psn is RavensBaine. I'm really bad though right now and any tips or resources to get better would be appreciated
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hey I just got this game and am looking for people to play with My psn is RavensBaine. I'm really bad though right now and any tips or resources to get better would be appreciated

Stay offline for the time being (don't be in a rush) and follow this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/181102-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-/73813110

I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
    Dustloop wiki

Keeponrock.in

Mdesilva on YouTube

If you just got this game focus a bit on training mode/watching footage of strong players first. Don't just immediately jump in online because you're not gonna be learning this game totally on the fly.
  • Angry AbelAngry Abel Joined: Posts: 387
    And don't get discouraged use when you do go online you get destroyed in your first few games.

It's a rite of passage in Guilty Gear. We've all been there.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,036 mod
    Playing XXAC +R, just to get my fill of Johnny. Looking at PS4 prices as we speak but I'm super fucking unsure of what to do.
    Fuck did I miss the free Dizzy period? I just logged onto the PSN store website trying to grab her for free.
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,291
    Froztey wrote: »
    Fuck did I miss the free Dizzy period? I just logged onto the PSN store website trying to grab her for free.

PS3? PS3 has some glitches regarding dizzy at the second. You have to buy the costume pack to unlock her on that version because of some glitch. She is also only on the PSN store, not the in game store for some reason.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
    Imho it's totally worth buying a PS4 for this game. I bought one solely for Dks3/BB and Xrd. Plus if you are a Johnny fan that just gives you another reason to buy...
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,883

PS3? PS3 has some glitches regarding dizzy at the second. You have to buy the costume pack to unlock her on that version because of some glitch. She is also only on the PSN store, not the in game store for some reason.

Dizzy and her DLC costume are free now on PS3, that's how they fixed that glitch a few days ago.
    Friends with PS3's that waited got her and her colors both for free.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,128 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Post-patch, this game isn't as fun for me anymore.

I get Sin's damage getting butchered, but why did they have to fuck with his eat? Not being able to PRC his hunger state and staggering his calorie fill are both unnecessary. You also had to bork his Beak Driver? That's some bullshit.

He doesn't play as fun anymore and I find myself having a hard time playing this game because of it.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
    I get Sin's damage getting butchered
    Still has high damage ...
    Not being able to PRC his hunger state and staggering his calorie fill are both unnecessary.
    Watch your goddamn calorie usage then instead of going hungry
    You also had to bork his Beak Driver? That's some bullshit.
    It's still a good move, you just can't casually throw it out in neutral anymore.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,128 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Not as high as it used to be, if I PRC I'm giving away my tension gauge so it's a fair trade and shouldn't have been changed, and I want to throw out what I want.
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
    edited July 2016
    IDK where you're getting your Sin news from but instead of "ludicrously high" his damage is now "high". Which is still pretty good.

Sin is still very much a "do what you want" character. Less so than before because now you're forced to handle neutral without always relying on your specials to do the work for you, but he still is.

I mean if all you wanted to do was just throw out Beak Drivers all day almost for free then I don't really have any pity for you. Sin is still very strong, just pick up a real neutral game.

Neither console, I was on the PSN store website. Still questioning whether to repurchase a PS4 and pick up Revelator
    When does Dizzy actually stop being free? I'm ordering a PS4 now. Idk if I need next day delivery or some shit to snag her for free.
    Um, if she's still free you maybe only have a couple hours left lol

Today was supposed to be the last day.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,799
    edited July 2016
    When does Dizzy actually stop being free? I'm ordering a PS4 now. Idk if I need next day delivery or some shit to snag her for free.

Download her from the web page so you can have her once your ps4 comes.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-playable-character-dizzy/cid=UP1024-CUSA04112_00-GGXRDDAT00001002
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

Stay offline for the time being (don't be in a rush) and follow this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/181102-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-/73813110

Thanks. It's helpful for me as well since I am also new to the game.
    But I guess I started in the wrong order. I chose a character and did all the combo trials (Dizzy) before learning the game mechanics lol.

I think it's a bit weird that the tutorial of Revelator doesn't teach you any of the defense options you have.
    edited July 2016
    Post-patch, this game isn't as fun for me anymore.

I get Sin's damage getting butchered, but why did they have to fuck with his eat? Not being able to PRC his hunger state and staggering his calorie fill are both unnecessary. You also had to bork his Beak Driver? That's some bullshit.

He doesn't play as fun anymore and I find myself having a hard time playing this game because of it.

Sorry you don't like the game anymore, but Sin is still a really strong character. He still hits like a truck (albeit a smaller truck, a solid hit can easily take off 60% health). His general approach remains the same, it's just that he actually has to take risks now, whereas before, I'm sorry to say, he was a bit braindead. Beak Driver is not as good, but I think it needed to change, it was the best move in the game by a longshot, now it's still good, but more balanced (other characters are going to have some sort of answer for it now). Elk Hunt is in a similar vein, now he can't slide around all day for free, you have to think a bit before you use it. Hunger PRC etc even follow a similar line of thinking: this character has to take risks for his reward. To sum it up, pre-patch Sin was basically massively high reward, no risk whatsoever, now he is more balanced in that area. He remains strong, possibly still top 5, but still too early to say for sure
    edited July 2016
    Neclord wrote: »

But I guess I started in the wrong order. I chose a character and did all the combo trials (Dizzy) before learning the game mechanics lol.

I think it's a bit weird that the tutorial of Revelator doesn't teach you any of the defense options you have.
    @Neclord

If you go through Mission mode they will go over all the defensive mechanics and more. Definitely do that before you start playing, they go really in depth (they even cover OS etc)
    Neclord wrote: »

@Neclord

If you go through Mission mode they will go over all the defensive mechanics and more. Definitely do that before you start playing, they go really in depth (they even cover OS etc)

Oops. I totally forgot that there is a Mission mode.
    That will be the next thing I will do then. Thanks. :bee: