Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- one of life's gilty pleasures

Comments

• yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,081
    Ugh!!! My great character is still great, why did you take away the things he obviously didnt need?????!!!! </sarcasm>

The top 3 were taking Revelator in a direction that it didnt need to go, and if you cant admit that, or even worse cant see that then just rage more or quit the game. At least admit you were playing with the 2nd strongest character in the game if youre going to complain about the patch changes.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,423 mod
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    When does Dizzy actually stop being free? I'm ordering a PS4 now. Idk if I need next day delivery or some shit to snag her for free.

Download her from the web page so you can have her once your ps4 comes.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-playable-character-dizzy/cid=UP1024-CUSA04112_00-GGXRDDAT00001002

Well sadly this is taking me to a Sin blockhead
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,401
    I don't think any of the characters that got nerfed last week got hit really badly.

Also, to @ShinKoryuken and @Neclord

Watch this series. Just do it.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,342
    When does Dizzy actually stop being free? I'm ordering a PS4 now. Idk if I need next day delivery or some shit to snag her for free.

Download her from the web page so you can have her once your ps4 comes.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-playable-character-dizzy/cid=UP1024-CUSA04112_00-GGXRDDAT00001002

Well sadly this is taking me to a Sin blockhead

Weird, tried the link myself and leads me to Dizzy ps4 download.
    Anyway, you can always try to search her on the store.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Uh, Elk Hunt IS zero frames. Before it was +2. They added two frames of recovery and the attack level is the same. Now it is zero on normal block.

If you are whiffing BEAK DRIVER of all things then lmao I don't know what to tell you dude.

Jack-O is literally the same as she was before. Her normals are still godlike and goons are still strong. It's just that now you actually have to care about house placement and can't throw houses like a psycho.

Cheapness still exists in this game. You just have to be able to think more to use it now.
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,648
    Lord Daigo will stream Xrd on Friday

SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Uh, Elk Hunt IS zero frames. Before it was +2. They added two frames of recovery and the attack level is the same. Now it is zero on normal block.

If you are whiffing BEAK DRIVER of all things then lmao I don't know what to tell you dude.

Jack-O is literally the same as she was before. Her normals are still godlike and goons are still strong. It's just that now you actually have to care about house placement and can't throw houses like a psycho.

Cheapness still exists in this game. You just have to be able to think more to use it now.

Frame data I read must be wrong then or I'm fucking up inputs because it certainly seems -1 to me. I'll try it next time I get a PS3 to play with.

TK beak driver whiffs if you crouch on pretty much everyone. Some moves are too low-profile to get hit, too. I'm starting to change from D to UF to D to UF and immediately D again but I can't see a difference.

Jack-O was way more fun with longer stun.
    This is offensive.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    I'm like 99% sure your experience with Jack-O' pre-nerf would be almost the exact same post-nerf. Now you have to worry more about house positioning (which you should, and besides they take three hits to kill at Lv. 1 after all) and your house throw has 5 less frames of blockstun. You don't need those to be successful with Jack-O'. You still have excellent normals. You still have your silly goons. You still have dat ass.

If it really takes that little to make you go back to SFV, by all means go.
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
    I will, but I will complain here all the time still.
    This is offensive.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,423 mod
    Revelator and my shiny new stick/PS4 are on the way. Fuck I'm excited to make the jump from AC R+ Johnny to Revelator. Just for the damn art style, the character models in Xrd are the best a fighter has ever looked to me. Anything I need to remove from my memory banks of old Johnny going into new Johnny?
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I will, but I will complain here all the time still.

ayeaye, captain
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
    The whining is too real right now
    Ugh!!! My great character is still great, why did you take away the things he obviously didnt need?????!!!! </sarcasm>

The top 3 were taking Revelator in a direction that it didnt need to go, and if you cant admit that, or even worse cant see that then just rage more or quit the game. At least admit you were playing with the 2nd strongest character in the game if youre going to complain about the patch changes.

I know how cheap Sin was and that's what made GG fun. Still, hunger didn't need to get the shaft. It was a fair trade. Want to go nuts and get hungry, you're gonna have to give up your tension to keep it safe. Why do people think he NEEDS to be kept in that state? It's not like he got out of hunger animation for free.

His Elk Hunt isn't terribly nerfed, but why not just make it 0 frames? I will miss it's plus but at least on 0 I could've set up some okay frame traps. At -1, though I haven't tested this extensively, I don't think he has one.

I would've been fine with the TEN EXTRA FUCKING FRAMES OF RECOVERY on Beak Driver if it could be canceled on whiff to his leap. I didn't test it on block so I wouldn't know and since it's not on PC I don't own it myself. Shit, I wouldn't even give a shit if TK Beak Driver didn't whiff on pretty much anyone not standing or jumping. But yeah, here we are.

I was gonna move to Jack-O, but her house nerfing also turned me off. I'll probably just move back to SFV and hope that it's patch next year makes it more fun or just not play any current fighters at all. If only they released Marvel 2 on PC.

There are still a lot of cheap characters (Millia for instance, Bedman, etc) it's just that they also require a little work. Sin wasn't just cheap, he was full retard easy mode and required very little work (super easy execution, did whatever he wanted), had to take no risks whatsoever, and got some of the best reward in the game. If you want to go play SF5 (Lol) go ahead, have fun, but it sounds like what you're angry about is not being able to log on and go complete easy mode with Sin anymore. Sorry, but if that's all you enjoy doing then you probably weren't a big fan of the game in the first place.

I've loved GG since you were a twinkle in your daddy's sack. I can still hate the changes made to Sin.
    This is offensive.
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,405
    What's with the whiny bro? All they did was make him more manageable for the rest of the cast. You're still playing a very good character.

Play Slayer or Pot, then come talk to us.
    My problem isn't that you hate the changes but that you think the changes ruins the character for you when in reality you need to just make some adjustments yourself and then it'll be A-OK.

Like whatever work you put into Sin hasn't magically vanished.
    Far as I can tell, he lost the loop in the corner although I only tried twice. So I don't know if it was user error or the extra recovery means it's gone.
    This is offensive.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge I am Hatred. I am the Night. Joined: Posts: 16,362
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    Play Slayer or Pot, I'll call you either a fool or a masochist.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,307
    The whining is too real right now

Word. Niggas crying about S-Tier characters getting a slap on the wrist when I'm over hear trying to make shit work with Chipp, Jam, and Dizzy. Zato's an exception, but he's hard as fuck to play/win with, so it's the same struggle.

Raz0r's White Whine pierces even the realm of fighting games. Ol' Top Tier Problems having ass nigga.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    Get your Cammy using ass at the back of the line, goddamn tater tot asss motherfucker.
    This is offensive.
    Get your Cammy using ass at the back of the line, goddamn tater tot asss motherfucker.

I was using Cammy since Vanilla, though.... Used her in every update afterward, even when she was garbage. I use her in ST, I use her in Alpha, I use her in MvC2, I use her in CvS2. You can't say shit to me about that character :rofl:.

• MessatsMessats Joined: Posts: 272

Wait, what's wrong with Slayer?i even saw one at EVO top 32....
    SFV: Vega
    GG Xrd: Venom
    Tekken 7: Kazuya
    Messats wrote: »

Wait, what's wrong with Slayer?i even saw one at EVO top 32....

Idk either... I got royally fucked by a Slayer last time I played. Couldn't do shit.

• grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm curious what Machabo thinks of Sin now and Omito with Johnny.
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
    I am sure that they knew that a nerf was coming.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • buttlordbuttlord Joined: Posts: 31
    grandabx wrote: »
    I'm curious what Machabo thinks of Sin now and Omito with Johnny.

machabo's back to playing ky apparently
    edited July 2016
    Speaking of people dropping Ky, word on the street is that Dogura is a Jam player now.

Doren actually talked about how he thinks Jam is actually pretty strong now. Easier to get cards/max cards, better blockstrings, etc.
    Are arcades and console running different versions of Revelator now? I'm watching a Mikado tournament from this week, and they don't seem to have any DLC-characters and Johnny still seems to have his unblockables.
    Yup
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Arcades will be updated soon

There is no escape

There is no escape

Hopefully with at least 720p, like seriously.
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    edited July 2016
    Speaking of people dropping Sin, word on the street is that Dogura is a Jam player now.

Doren actually talked about how he thinks Jam is actually pretty strong now. Easier to get cards/max cards, better blockstrings, etc.

VERY interesting. It might be how Jam feels a little bit like Azrael.

There is no escape

If ASW has plans to add at least 1 more character in october i think that is safe to assume that we wouldn't see the arcade version updated at least until next year.
    They have this cycle where console/arcade have their turn on who has the updated version of the game.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,288
    edited July 2016
    Speaking of people dropping Ky, word on the street is that Dogura is a Jam player now.

Dogura tried to play Jam when she first dropped but she was ass. He played her in previous ones also a bit. You were throwing your money away with her before though.

Honestly I think the best character in the game is still Johnny. Fucker can't 100% death you off a CH anymore but still has everything he needs and more. Until he runs out of coins some characters aren't even playing the game vs him now same as before. Fucker still has hitbox/hurtboxes that make prepatch Elphelt jealous.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
    Meanwhile Doren is relieved that he no longer has any reason to go back to El lmao

Dogura tried to play Jam when she first dropped but she was ass. He played her in previous ones also a bit. You were throwing your money away with her before though.

Honestly I think the best character in the game is still Johnny. Fucker can't 100% death you off a CH anymore but still has everything he needs and more. Until he runs out of coins some characters aren't even playing the game vs him now same as before. Fucker still has hitbox/hurtboxes that make prepatch Elphelt jealous.

The main problem now with Johnny is once he's pinned in the corner certain characters have his number even more so. I'm really not sure he's still the best (I think Millia and Zato are tied for #1), especially since Arc is still tweaking things. Poor Kum is going to be in the pits of hell all by her one-dimensional self. Hurry up arcade update!!

There is no escape

If ASW has plans to add at least 1 more character in october i think that is safe to assume that we wouldn't see the arcade version updated at least until next year.
    They have this cycle where console/arcade have their turn on who has the updated version of the game.

That might have to change with how big fighters are becoming. The last thing you want to do with all this competition around is divide the player-base. That was one of the reasons America got Revelator so early. There's a lot of momentum here to take advantage of. There's no time to be going backwards. This E-Sport situation with fighters has serious potential.
    Like it or not, their primary market is and will always be arcades, the revenue that they made from arcades dwarfs the revenue they make from consoles.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

Having seen post-patch Karinchu in action, I'm inclined to agree. He lost some of his damage, but he still has pretty much everything else about him intact.
    And even if he's not the very best, he's certainly still in contention for top tier.