Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- one of life's gilty pleasures

Comments

• NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 3,487
    Did I get that right from you guys? I can airdash with Baiken after j.S > j.D to continue? Or is it only possible with YRC?
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Master Raven, Katarina
    BB CF: Nine
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,276
    edited May 3
    Neclord wrote: »
    Did I get that right from you guys? I can airdash with Baiken after j.S > j.D to continue? Or is it only possible with YRC?

For the little time that i tried her, you can do it without the need of a YRC, but think of it as a hard link, since you need to do it kinda late on the recovery animation of the j.D, so if you are not high enough when you input the j.D you probably wouldn't be able to do it.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited May 3
    Alright. I did it in the corner now after her command grab. You really have to wait a bit after j.D.

Managed to do j.S > j.D twice in the corner, leading to about ~200 dmg with her srk move as a finisher.

But it was burstable all the time. I wonder what other opportunities are available for corner stuff.

EDIT: Nevermind. I am dumb.
    It works after Tatami Gaeshi as well of course.
    Post edited by Neclord on

• KingCrimsonKingCrimson SFV ID: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 301
    Hey guys, I have a question about GG Xrd's Episode/Arcade Mode...

Does the game save any sort of statistics that you can view later, like from the main menu or somewhere, that show you whether you beat the mode with character _____, on difficulty _____, and how many matches you lost?
  • ShahenzanShahenzan to burn beasts Joined: Posts: 250
    Neclord wrote: »
    Alright. I did it in the corner now after her command grab. You really have to wait a bit after j.D.

Managed to do j.S > j.D twice in the corner, leading to about ~200 dmg with her srk move as a finisher.

But it was burstable all the time. I wonder what other opportunities are available for corner stuff.

EDIT: Nevermind. I am dumb.
    It works after Tatami Gaeshi as well of course.

once you get the timing for the loop itself down youll enter the real struggle
    getting the timing for loops that also get a knockdown consistently
    on all weight classes
    light weights are a bitch damn
    CFN - Ninebreaker
    PSN - Shahenzan
  • M1XM1X 04'er Joined: Posts: 135
    edited May 4
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

LMAO haha, that's ridic.
    Who was he playing?

If anyone cares, Venom got some new digs

PSN: m1x4h
    I play Venom in Guilty Gear.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge MAD STRUGGLE Joined: Posts: 16,104

HOLY SHIT FAB. Damn, that's when you quit the game!
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    Hey guys, I have a question about GG Xrd's Episode/Arcade Mode...

Does the game save any sort of statistics that you can view later, like from the main menu or somewhere, that show you whether you beat the mode with character _____, on difficulty _____, and how many matches you lost?

Hmm. I know that there are a lot of statistics, I think I've seen some Arcade stats somewhere. I can check it out later.
    Shahenzan wrote: »

once you get the timing for the loop itself down youll enter the real struggle
    getting the timing for loops that also get a knockdown consistently
    on all weight classes
    light weights are a bitch damn

Yeah. But for now I am pretty happy with my progress so far. Step by step to victory. :bee:

Wow. FAB is the perfect example of "any character can win in this game".

I'd really appreciate it @Neclord
    edited May 4
    I'd really appreciate it @Neclord

I made a screenshot. This one shows all the offline mode data except Arcade mode. Don't know why Arcade Mode isn't listed, but your total money is and from what I've seen, you gain money from arcade mode as well.

The other 6 pages from this menu are ranked stats only.

But keep in mind this is the menu from Rev 1.
    I don't know if the Rev 2 menu received any changes.

20170504165205_1wdjgv.jpg

Thank you @neclord! That is very helpful!
    The pages that talk about badges also come from Arcade mode, just as an FYI. @KingCrimson and @Neclord
    M1X wrote: »
    The pages that talk about badges also come from Arcade mode, just as an FYI. @KingCrimson and @Neclord
    Thanks @M1X! What kind of badges are there?

Basically, and I may be asking too much, but I was wondering if there was some sort of in-game record keeping, which stated if I beat Arcade/Episode Mode with any character, on any difficulty, and how many continues I used.
    M1X wrote: »
    Thanks @M1X! What kind of badges are there?

Basically, and I may be asking too much, but I was wondering if there was some sort of in-game record keeping, which stated if I beat Arcade/Episode Mode with any character, on any difficulty, and how many continues I used.

There's not that. You can see what characters you beat based on the endings you unlocked in the gallery, but detailed stats about what you do 1player do not exist.
    The badges are just for accomplishing different things in match and there's over 300 of them that I'm not about to get into here.
    edited May 4
    Haha, I wouldn't expect you to go through them all, but you certainly answered my question. Thanks @m1x.
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,344
    Any frame data on Baiken yet or do I have to wait?
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,340
    Just got back from locals...Ky's new 6H is legit af
    Opinions are like bedsheets: you only change them if it helps you get laid.
    More resources for you Baiken players
    https://twitter.com/LTL_YVR

• tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,658
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,169
    Just got back from locals...Ky's new 6H is legit af

It's nowhere near as positive on block as the old one (+11 rather than +15 I believe) but the forward movement-aspect is huge.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,549
    Lmao what the fuck!?!?!?!
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,034
    Wheres Dizzy I thought she was buffed
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 8,409
    Weeaboo wrote: »

Guess she will be my new main after all
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge MAD STRUGGLE Joined: Posts: 16,104
    Wow. And I thought Order-Sol being able to do that was sick but not even he could bypass Charge Stun Edge like that.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    edited May 7
    Apparently may and do that too now, and slayers is 5 frames faster than els.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Wheres Dizzy I thought she was buffed
    She was

It's not like she's super top tier now, but her buffs were pretty good.
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world

New backspin mechanics can create some dirty ass setups.
    Homogenius moment i had while testing Baiken against my brother

z30Tt14.gif

Anyone knows how to make a video on the ps4's share factory without the intros and outros?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 956
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Homogenius moment i had while testing Baiken against my brother

Anyone knows how to make a video on the ps4's share factory without the intros and outros?

You can just unselect them or delete them.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Raven is for real right now. I love gaining meter off of scratches.
    This is offensive.
  • zenzenzenzen キムチ悪い Joined: Posts: 3,488
    Raz0r wrote: »

character is mad dumb lol. there's also a glitch with excitement where if you whiff S cmd grab or YRC either cmd grab it resets the tick down timer. although idk if that's in the arcade version; it'll probably get patched out soon anyway :(
    <dominos> what 2d isn't real?
    <AlterGenesis-X> my world is over
    <Stabby> "come back when you lose a few dimensions"
    zenzen wrote: »

character is mad dumb lol. there's also a glitch with excitement where if you whiff S cmd grab or YRC either cmd grab it resets the tick down timer. although idk if that's in the arcade version; it'll probably get patched out soon anyway :(

I thought that was intentional
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,346
    Man, I hate when there's, like, four people in a room and instead of being two players in each machine all the four dudes group up in a single one.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Same here since if you do his parry at any moment it resets the counter. For example, if you do his double motion super and connect, just do his parry afterward and you won't lose excitement although you will give up pressure afterward.
    This is offensive.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,767

Same here since if you do his parry at any moment it resets the counter. For example, if you do his double motion super and connect, just do his parry afterward and you won't lose excitement although you will give up pressure afterward.

Nope, that's wrong. You have to get a tick of gauge in order to reset the counter from the stance, so you'll always lose at least 3 ticks (3 before you can do much of anything and then 1 during the stance chargeup you then get back).
    Man, I hate when there's, like, four people in a room and instead of being two players in each machine all the four dudes group up in a single one.

Eh, depends. If the players in the room are somewhat evenly matched, it's fun to have an actual winner stays setup sometimes.

If you want to skip that problem entirely though, just set the lobby to "rematch" rather than "winner stays".
    Naeras wrote: »

Eh, depends. If the players in the room are somewhat evenly matched, it's fun to have an actual winner stays setup sometimes.

If you want to skip that problem entirely though, just set the lobby to "rematch" rather than "winner stays".

When there's 3 people in a machine that's fine. Waiting a match before playing is not a big deal. But 4 or more? Pfffft. My play time is limited specially in this game, since isn't always you can find open lobbies with good connection. I wanna play. If I wanted to watch someone playing I would probably use twitch or tournament footage.
    Welcome, LW!
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 997
    ...with how much I shill this game in the SFV thread I should probably hang out in here too.

Hai guys. =)

Come in, the water is warm.
    ...with how much I shill this game in the SFV thread I should probably hang out in here too.

Hai guys. =)

Your favorite Makoto is bad and you should feel bad.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 I need a win button Joined: Posts: 20,621
    Naeras wrote: »

Hai guys. =)

Your favorite Makoto is bad and you should feel bad.

Just going straight to business huh. I can respect that :rofl:

...but I can't respect that opinion! :mad:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
    Just won against a Sin for the very first time. And it wasn't some random newbie, it was someone that was used to beat my ass regularly with him.

Feels good...
  • TetsuroTetsuro Joined: Posts: 683

Hai guys. =)

You're doing God's work.
  • DiasFoxDiasFox Joined: Posts: 402
    Now if only I am not far away seas from you guys, I would enjoy myself getting bodied by you guys.