Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- one of life's gilty pleasures

Comments

• shinrshinr Joined: Posts: 24
    edited July 2016
    How long do you guys think ASW will keep supporting Xrd with new updates? BlazBlue has been going on for like 7 years now, and they keep introducing new characters

If ArcSys includes 5-6 new characters per Xrd update - theoretically they'd bring the entire Guilty Gear cast over the course of next 2-3 updates (Anji, Baiken, Robo-Ky, Testament, Bridget, Zappa, Order Sol)

Would be pretty cool if they added Justice, Kliff, and Gabriel too for fanservice (even though J. and K. wouldn't exactly make sense story-wise)

Well, Revelator's Story Mode's post-credit scene strongly implies that...
    I-No is going to start some shit, most likely by throwing people through time
    ...and that alone can justify various non-sensical character additions.

• grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Naeras wrote: »
    Seems to be a fairly common sentiment nowadays. Sadly.

Oh well. It means more coverage for another, better game, and hopefully even brings in people who would otherwise not consider the game.

Yes and please people help those that ask for it.
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,484
    grandabx wrote: »
    Seems to be a fairly common sentiment nowadays. Sadly.

Oh well. It means more coverage for another, better game, and hopefully even brings in people who would otherwise not consider the game.

Yes and please people help those that ask for it.

I'm doing my best at that part. There's a bunch of new blood in Norway right now and a lot of love for the game, and I'd love for more people to get over that first bump.
    Fun fact: two of the most active youtube channels for uploading SFIV-videos in the past (YogaFlame24 and BlackVegeta) basically went "yeah, so, we're a bit bored with SFV, do you guys wanna see some Xrd instead?" this week. The reception to these uploads was very positive, so it seems they'll keep on uploading Xrd.

Remember, Daigo and the sharks are streaming Revelator in a few hours.
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,453
    edited July 2016
    I won't even be suprise if we pull some people from SFV as the year goes on.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    I'm going to tell all the disgruntled SF players in my area to play Axl
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
    Fun fact: two of the most active youtube channels for uploading SFIV-videos in the past (YogaFlame24 and BlackVegeta) basically went "yeah, so, we're a bit bored with SFV, do you guys wanna see some Xrd instead?" this week. The reception to these uploads was very positive, so it seems they'll keep on uploading Xrd.

It's like an hour from now right?

Axl only local tournament
    do it
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,809
    CoG0-mYVUAA8s9A.jpg:orig
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • TetsuroTetsuro Joined: Posts: 706
    I'm curious with Daigo streaming Xrd what the Japanese scene for Xrd is like versus SFV. I know Daigo said a while back that he misses the arcade SF scene. I wonder if that's a common sentiment and if a lot are migrating toward Xrd as a result.
  • infrequent lurkerinfrequent lurker I'm not here Joined: Posts: 1,514
    Where do I go to watch replays? I'm hoping I can pick up a few things.
  • Angry AbelAngry Abel Joined: Posts: 387
    Nice to wake up and read some good news in here. Good shit.

Also, about this tourney tomorrow, what time is it kicking off? I might try and join, but if the lag is less than 2 bars I'll just watch.

http://www.keeponrock.in

One of the best resources out there. Allows you to select matches by character or matchup.

You evil, evil man...
  • Mr PHMr PH Bisu Build Joined: Posts: 265

It's like an hour from now right?

I think it's 7PM pst.

Angry Abel wrote: »
    Nice to wake up and read some good news in here. Good shit.

Also, about this tourney tomorrow, what time is it kicking off? I might try and join, but if the lag is less than 2 bars I'll just watch.

The tourney is on Sunday.

http://www.keeponrock.in

One of the best resources out there. Allows you to select matches by character or matchup.

That's cool. I was hoping there was a replay channel but I can't find it.
    edited July 2016
    11am JST, which is like 2 and a half hours from now.

edited July 2016

Other recommended channels:
    mdesilva -->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgCAvdE5VZ1on9dTo-q3FCQ
    goldenrody --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS7KzXpV2VFJZw_sB9uqhA
    Jonio (mikado) --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmFkuRZSbxyvqdK-cjMSog

Note: there'll probably be some overlap between those videos though.

Also, as mentioned early, long time Street Fighter uploader 'black vegeta' has apparently started uploaading Xrd vids too --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0B_RY99vT1r13YJYA9SfXQ

Other recommended channels:
    mdesilva -->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgCAvdE5VZ1on9dTo-q3FCQ
    goldenrody --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS7KzXpV2VFJZw_sB9uqhA
    Jonio (mikado) --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmFkuRZSbxyvqdK-cjMSog

Note: there'll probably be some overlap between those videos though.

Also, as mentioned early, long time Street Fighter uploader 'black vegeta' has apparently started uploaading Xrd vids too --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0B_RY99vT1r13YJYA9SfXQ

I was hoping I could watch replays by selecting an in-game option that I can't seem to locate if there is one. My initial statement wasn't very clear. My apologies. I'll be sure to check those channels out though.
  • TetsuroTetsuro Joined: Posts: 706
    Daigo's stream was pretty good. Seeing Machabo's Jam has inspired me to put more time into learning her.
    Tetsuro wrote: »
    Daigo's stream was pretty good. Seeing Machabo's Jam has inspired me to put more time into learning her.

Remember to play her "your way".
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,443
    Yeah I'm hoping to get started tomorrow by 1pm est. I have most of the people who want to join, but if you haven't signed up yet if you could let me know by this evening I'd appreciate it so I can get a bracket set up
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,004 mod
    I'm curious with Daigo streaming Xrd what the Japanese scene for Xrd is like versus SFV. I know Daigo said a while back that he misses the arcade SF scene. I wonder if that's a common sentiment and if a lot are migrating toward Xrd as a result.

I can see some Japanese SF players migrating over to Guilty Gear as not all of them have Hollywood ass sponsors that make it easy for them to travel and play a console only SF.

You can bet the minute SFV gets an arcade release though they're going back to the Capcom grind.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

I can see some Japanese SF players migrating over to Guilty Gear as not all of them have Hollywood ass sponsors that make it easy for them to travel and play a console only SF.

You can bet the minute SFV gets an arcade release though they're going back to the Capcom grind.

Has capcom made any statement that they're looking into releasing it in the arcades?
    Yeah I'm hoping to get started tomorrow by 1pm est. I have most of the people who want to join, but if you haven't signed up yet if you could let me know by this evening I'd appreciate it so I can get a bracket set up

1pm Est? Yea you're gonna have to count me out on this one. I work tomorrow & I ain't getting home til 4
    That's 3am over here, so I'll have to pass. Good luck with it though!
    Heven666 has a few matches from yesterdays PS4 tourney (feat Machaboo, Dogura, Fab, Daru & more):

Daru (I-No) vs Nage (Faust):

FAB (Potemkin) vs Dogura (Sin):

Takehara (Ramlethal) vs Machaboo (Sin):

2nd round match (or later - I don't know)

I can't find other matches from the tourney uploaded, but if you guys find them please share.
    edited July 2016
    Man, I really think they should've made cancelling into specials cost more and eating having more start-up time after looking at those videos. It really doesn't matter after a combo with Sin that he has no meter left. Look at the damage he gets from 75% hunger meter. Combo, knockdown, eat and doesn't even miss a beat. SMH!! But they have a problem buffing Ramlethal, Potemkin, Jack-O and Leo...
    I think they should go all-out with the RTS style of Jack-O and make her play-style more open/creative by letting players use various amounts of tension to create all types of servants based on what a player needs are. Right now she's extremely one-dimensional. The current servants beside the S-servant (in some cases) don't really do much for strategy besides cover the screen. There should be servants that are primarily used for defense, some used for ambushing specific attacks and some used for confusion. The more tension used, the stronger the servants can be. Even her tension meter could resemble something more useful for managing specific amounts of tension.

Ramlethal's swords when deployed should act as projectiles and should not be stopped by strikes and only other projectiles. The weakness to the deployed sword would be hitting her minion holding the sword with any attack or another projectile to either.

Leo just needs a way(s) to get into stance mode without being telegraphed.

Potemkin needs something like the projectile from his "flick" where he can spend tension to create them.
    Well shit if we going that route. . .

Slayer:
    2HS stagger on hit & launch on CH
    6K is now +2 on block(formally -2 on block)
    2p > 2k > 2HS no longer combos

Dizzy:

TBD
    edited July 2016
    Fuck, my bus got stuck in the traffic and got delayed badly. When was the tournament supposed to start?

edit: lol, I have to download the patch and stuff first and the internet here is woefully slow -.-
    Post edited by Naeras on
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,004 mod
    Weeaboo wrote: »

Has capcom made any statement that they're looking into releasing it in the arcades?

Not yet, but seeing how I'm sure they are aware of their Japanese market and how competitive players there thrive on an arcade scene, wouldn't surprise me if it's low key in the works. Possibly just waiting for a large enough roster to debut with it and make sure the updates coincide with the platform releases.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Fuck, my bus got stuck in the traffic and got delayed badly. When was the tournament supposed to start?

edit: lol, I have to download the patch and stuff first and the internet here is woefully slow -.-

Hoping to get started at 1
    @Naeras @Pertho @Muttonman @Hecatom @Phantom Angel @Tetsuro if you are still participating, if you could check in the thread here once you're ready it would be appreciated, around 1 I will create a room and post the code here. If anyone else wants to join that would be cool as the number of participants isn't spectacular
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,877
    @Naeras @Pertho @Muttonman @Hecatom @Phantom Angel @Tetsuro if you are still participating, if you could check in the thread here once you're ready it would be appreciated, around 1 I will create a room and post the code here. If anyone else wants to join that would be cool as the number of participants isn't spectacular

Sure thing
    Ok Ive created the room, the ID is eyeg
    Ok so this is what the bracket is looking like, the seeds are completely random: http://challonge.com/SRK_GG If somebody doesn't show they forfeit (I was thinking about filling in with a random character like Sol, but decided that's a silly idea). Anyway I'll be back to the room momentarily
    edited July 2016
    WHen is "around 1"?
    I do not speak EST, only GMT. =V

edit: oh lol
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,420 mod
    Shit shit shit, just got home, gimme a sec.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    edited July 2016
    WHen is "around 1"?
    I do not speak EST, only GMT. =V

edit: oh lol

Est is gmt -5, so now :peace:
    No rush really, I bought enough time so I didn't have to play I-No v Axl casuals ;)