Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- one of life's gilty pleasures

Comments

• ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,625
    edited May 17

Made this.
    Should help beginner Leo players.

Made this a while ago too.
    Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,260
    DiasFox wrote: »
    Now if only I am not far away seas from you guys, I would enjoy myself getting bodied by you guys.

If you're in Europe I'm probably up for a few games.
  • ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,625

Oh and this one aswell i guess.
    Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,551
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    There are several inferior non-nipponese players in that video tho.
    Sin confirmed trash.
  • DiasFoxDiasFox Joined: Posts: 426
    Naeras wrote: »

If you're in Europe I'm probably up for a few games.

Too bad I am in South East Asia(Malaysia). Most the chance I get to play with are Japanese players but we will suffer bad pings for some reason(maybe distance is still too far). =(
    Hopefully when Rev2 is out, playing with them will be less of a problem.
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,277
    Hm that seems like Zadi or Ogawa to be honest, though I wouldn't count Haaken out necessarily.

LOX got a bit too wild in that last game vs Ogawa if he'd not made the big gambles that didn't pay off against Ogawa he could have been sitting in winners. Big gambles can end the match but if your opponent is playing reserved you gotta cool it down a bit in that matchup.

LOX is good I'd like to see how he handles Ogichan or Haaken, both are pretty rouch matchups where a bad choice or 2 can just end Jam.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,726
    Veserius wrote: »
    Top 8
    Winners
    Kazuki(Dizzy)
    Ogawa(Zato)
    FAB(Pot)
    Zadi(Raven)

Losers
    Ogichan(Johnny)
    Haaken(Sol)
    Samitto(Chipp)
    LOX(Jam)

Sai top 8, second JP major in a row with 8 different characters in top 8

if you extend this out a bit further to top 16 you get Nage(faust), Nakamura(Millia), Hossa(Kum), Taka(Slayer), FG(Jack-O), Ashihana(Bedman), Trust(Johnny), Sharon(Millia).

for another 6 uniques. pretty solid.

So basically everybody in Rev2 is viable
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    I still think the bottom 3-4 still have some pretty awful matchups. The game is like 3S though a 7-3 or 6-4 isn't the same as it feels in like SF because 2 hard reads can win you the round, or just maintaining offensive momentum can be so rewarding.

Pot and Jam still have some pretty rough matchups where you have to out read your opponent pretty hard to win. Game just has a really high skill ceiling, so feel it doesn't show sometimes because it's hard for 2 players to be on completely even levels in this game unlike other games where the skill ceiling is lower. LOX hasn't really had to play any top level Johnny or Leo so it's easy to look good when all your matchups are decent.

Every character is viable, but if your local scene is swamped with Sin maybe Pot isn't the character you choose if you want to have fun.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,471

top 8 on now
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Too Many Waifus Joined: Posts: 20,883
    edited May 22
    So Dizzy looking solid now? All I heard people say about her in Rev 1 was that she was terrible.

'Course that was mostly side talk in the SFV thread so I dunno how accurate that was.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Laura
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
    talk in the SFV thread

You already answered your question.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,344
    Glad to see they fix the lobby system.
    So Dizzy looking solid now? All I heard people say about her in Rev 1 was that she was terrible.

'Course that was mostly side talk in the SFV thread so I dunno how accurate that was.

Kazuki did well in the last tournament, Sol still looks pretty rough but she definitely has some tools. Too early to say if she is in a good place for sure, but she doesn't seem deficient in some positions like she used to be.
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,102
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    Glad to see they fix the lobby system.

How so?
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Muttonman wrote: »
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Hecatom wrote: »
    zenzen wrote: »
    Raven is for real right now. I love gaining meter off of scratches.

character is mad dumb lol. there's also a glitch with excitement where if you whiff S cmd grab or YRC either cmd grab it resets the tick down timer. although idk if that's in the arcade version; it'll probably get patched out soon anyway :(

I thought that was intentional

Same here since if you do his parry at any moment it resets the counter. For example, if you do his double motion super and connect, just do his parry afterward and you won't lose excitement although you will give up pressure afterward.

Nope, that's wrong. You have to get a tick of gauge in order to reset the counter from the stance, so you'll always lose at least 3 ticks (3 before you can do much of anything and then 1 during the stance chargeup you then get back).

I don't know how right this is. I was playing with Destin and he did a super with Raven nearly maxed out. After the last hit, he went into stance for a brief moment and the gauge never went down.

I don't have the demo but I'll record/show it once it drops on PC next week.
    Dizzy now is much better than her Rev 1 iteration. She can definitely win but it isn't as much of a struggle as it was before.

Sin's combos are weirder now. I'm still disappointed he has to j. D to get a knockdown in the air. I've only had a few hours to play him in training and actual matches but I don't like how he plays anymore. I'll still give him some weeks so I can fully grasp the changes and implement them in my game but I dunno.

Raven is still bomb, tho. His oki suffers due to the changes and you have to do some new combos for better placement/excitement, but it adds a level of actual intrigue to him. Nothing like landing a command grab, RRC into ANOTHER command grab, and having so much excitement that you can follow up with a full combo into solid oki setup.

Such a different character than from Rev 1.
  • WhizardWhizard CFN: Whizard Joined: Posts: 513
    Damn I'm trying to play so much and get better but I can't get over the overwhelming pressure that characters with "on screen stuff" have.

Take Raven, May, Venom, I-no or Dizzy (not to mention the others).

I'm finding it really hard to get any turns after getting hit once as the Oki combined with the stuff hitting me on wake up means I just have to try and block these crazy mixup's, sometimes that you can't even see like with Raven's ball. One thing I need to work on is my reaction time to people dusting after I have somehow magically blocked their onslaught haha.

Is there certain patterns to these characters high/low mixups in the corner? Or can they chuck in low's and overheads instantly at will? As I don't think I'll ever have the reaction time to block those :P
    Whizard wrote: »
    Damn I'm trying to play so much and get better but I can't get over the overwhelming pressure that characters with "on screen stuff" have.

I'm finding it really hard to get any turns after getting hit once as the Oki combined with the stuff hitting me on wake up means I just have to try and block these crazy mixup's, sometimes that you can't even see like with Raven's ball. One thing I need to work on is my reaction time to people dusting after I have somehow magically blocked their onslaught haha.

Is there certain patterns to these characters high/low mixups in the corner? Or can they chuck in low's and overheads instantly at will? As I don't think I'll ever have the reaction time to block those :P

This (and the next video in the series) explains the subject of offense nicely. The key, though, is that they have to create gaps to continue offense past a certain point, which gives you an opportunity to either call them out, or escape.
    You should watch all of that series by the way. It's great.

There are often patterns to offensive sequences, but they vary greatly depending on character, situation and even what defensive options you're picking. You're just going to have to learn that stuff, mostly by getting hit by it repeatedly. And even after you've learned it, you'll still get hit by it every now and then. It's a very momentum-heavy game, and there are lots of reactions tests and scummy setups flying around.
    Naeras wrote: »
    Whizard wrote: »

This (and the next video in the series) explains the subject of offense nicely. The key, though, is that they have to create gaps to continue offense past a certain point, which gives you an opportunity to either call them out, or escape.
    You should watch all of that series by the way. It's great.

There are often patterns to offensive sequences, but they vary greatly depending on character, situation and even what defensive options you're picking. You're just going to have to learn that stuff, mostly by getting hit by it repeatedly. And even after you've learned it, you'll still get hit by it every now and then. It's a very momentum-heavy game, and there are lots of reactions tests and scummy setups flying around.

That video makes it seem really simple, just a similar way of watching out for frame traps in Street Fighter. This game is so much faster though so it's hard to see the small gaps I have. Not to mention threats of instant overheads.

I've watched that Line of video's before, maybe I should go through them again.

I think my biggest problem is not being able to see the Gaps, even with Sol I'm trying to press P or anti-air his bandit bringer with 6P in between blocking but I always get counter hit and eat a huge dust combo. I guess I just have to take all the L's and figure out when I can press a button but trying different every time. Gets frustrating though with characters like May when I have real trouble blocking the copious mixups
    Dunno who you're playing, but 6P-ing Bandit Bringer often doesn't work since it has such a great hitbox. There are plenty of ways to deal with it -- pre-emptive air-to-air, IB > throw, air IB > airthrow, blitzing, DP-ing it, crossing under it, to mention a few -- but at least for my character (Ky), 6P tends to clash a lot with BB even if I time it right.

Also, make sure to mix up your defensive options, and lab up different answers to different situations. Sometimes blocking isn't a reliable option at all, in which case you're going to want to explore which other defensive options to use. There are some unseeable left-right-mixups that are really vulnerable to high blitz, for example.

But, of course, the best option is to not get put in that situation in the first place, by winning neutral and putting them on their backs instead =)
    Haha true enough, I'm playing Sin and finding it hard to keep pressure after getting a knockdown, especially with all the eating I have to do.

As his was regarded as one of the best 6ps I thought that would be a good tool to use against it, you can actually just, just block it and get a free throw into the corner? :o

Sin has an invincible as hell DP. Use it.
    I play both Sin and Raven and if I'm using Sin to play another Raven whose knocked me down, I use DP if he's on top of me for close mixups or I use Blitz to stop his glide in from afar.

Sol has me tho. Fuck Sol.
    Sin 6P is godlike as an AA, it just doesn't work great against BB. Aside from that it's one of the best all-purpose AA-buttons in the game.
    IB > throw against BB is definitely a thing. It's kinda spacing reliant, but if you IB it and he's too far out for a throw, he'll be at frame disadvantage and you're free to push buttons. A lot of Sol's moves are like that, actually.

Also Sin's pressure is kinda weird. It's actually really good but requires a resource, and in a lot of MUs you'll be in a really bad spot if you find yourself low on food. His space control is so good that you can often just push yourself out and focus on restricting options, though.
    I'll have to work on reversal timings first, it's so weird. There's a really small gap it seems.

Also DP's don't help with the characters where they put "stuff" on the screen on your wakeup because you'll just get counterhit anyway right? So you can't DP if ravens ball is above you?

Okay I'll go into training and practise IB'ing a few of Sol's moves. I can't remember the other annoying ones name (the punch that flings you to corner on CH), I think even if you IB that, you're not free to punish right?

I wasn't sure whether he was the character for me or not as I feel like I'm limiting myself always worrying about running out of food in dire situations. I was thinking of making a transition to slayer as Dudley was the most fun to play in SFIV.. though the game is completely different really.
    If Raven's ball is on top of you and you DP, you'll escape with most characters. If you do it with Sin, you need to hit Raven in order to make the ball go away. A lot of projectiles in GG disappear once the caster is hit.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,715
    out of cusiosity...lets say you managed to learn bb, is it a big transition to gg afterwards?
    is gg considered to be more complicated?
    If Raven's ball is on top of you and you DP, you'll escape with most characters. If you do it with Sin, you need to hit Raven in order to make the ball go away. A lot of projectiles in GG disappear once the caster is hit.

Good to know! Is that the same with gun flame, so I can just BB it?

That's the problem with DPing against the 'stuff' I seems, because it's usually hitting you before they are even close to you
    You can wake-up backdash, too. You're way more invincible in this game than in SFV. Hell, Sin's backdash was so damn good and invulnerable they had to NERF it. TWICE!
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 8,747
    appomo wrote: »
    out of cusiosity...lets say you managed to learn bb, is it a big transition to gg afterwards?
    is gg considered to be more complicated?

They have very similar mechanics. Some of them are arguably easier to manage in Xrd (Roman Cancel vs Rapid Cancel) while other aspects are easier in BB (throws for instance). I find myself slightly more comfortable in BB because you have less buttons and therefore combo routes are slightly less complex, but on the other hand BB's zoning is much nastier than anything you can find in Xrd and you can extend combos for a very long period.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
    I'll keep that in mind, I never actually considered that as an option, probably because Street fighter was too drummed into me.
    Which SF games are you used to? SF4 had invincible backdashes, but SFV doesn't. SF3 had backdashes, too, yet the Alphas didn't.

In any case, GG is a vastly different game with a lot of options. For SFV it's easy enough to just get a feel for frames so you don't get frame trapped. In GG, you can actually change frame data depending on the defensive option you choose so you have to really study your character's ability to do shit and what the opponent can do.

Yeah, it's not easy. That's a lot of information to have to take in.
    Well it used to be SFIV but of course it's been SFV for over a year now. Hence the lack of backdashes in my GG gameplay.

I'll have to teach myself that it's a good tool.. then get rekt in SF after a while haha.

That's the thing, with PB creating different spacing and IB changing the recovery frames etc it's a lot to get to grips with when trying to consider how to punish or escape the opponents onslaught
    With Sin I choose 3 options: If I'm truly getting rekt, I use Blitz/Alpha Counter if I have the meter; if I get an IB, I stick out a 5P or 2K to just stop the pressure; I use Faultless Defense to pushblock them away enough that they need a long-range, airborne, or forward-momentum move to get to me and I can counter it with a 5S or 2P.

You need to sit down with Sin's frame data and really understand what you have at your disposal.
    Sounds like I do, I need to learn what things I can stuff.

Does anyone play from the EU here? I keep making my own lobby's with rematch but better people just come in, play me once and then move off of my machine and wait for someone else because I'm not much of a challenge. I'll usually try and beat someone at least once in a FT10 (in my mind anyway if they stay for that long)
    Yup, I'm EU. I'm down for some games in a few minutes. I'll probably be messing around with some alts though.
    edited May 23
    Cool I'm in a room called any EU Luls, what's your name on there?

I'm WizardSlayer, and you'll probably still destroy me haha
    Naeras.

Couldn't find your room so I just made one. Search for ID 06h7

Anyone else from EU want to join, feel free of course.
    edited May 23
    shall do! Says it couldn't find that room, hmm
    Remade. try "xoci"
    No luck, maybe it's just not gonna let us connect or something?
    Check your filters.

Otherwise you try hosting.
    Okay search ID is m7 44

Looks like it has a space
    ..oh right. You're on PSN, not Steam. Stupid lack of crossplay.

Ah well.
    I seee! Didn't think to ask that incredibly important question.. haha.

Ah well!
    I laughed.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited May 24
    I was getting bodied to death by Ky's last night haha.

Maybe I'm just too slow for this game, (I don't know the names of all the moves so bear with me)...

He uses that long spear on my wake up and then IAD's in, of course I should be blocking standing to avoid any overheads but I just don't think my reactions are strong enough to see when he is going to go for a low, or if he is going to do another 3 attacks in the air. Combined with looking out for his overhead special as well..

do you block all of that on reaction or when you do block it all is it a sigh of relief that you managed to guess which way he was going correctly? because right now I can't see myself being able to react to that :o

Also, is there an EU discord or something where I can talk to players while fighting them etc so I can learn more?