Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- one of life's gilty pleasures

Comments

• MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,837
    No rush really, I bought enough time so I didn't have to play I-No v Axl casuals ;)

I'm playing Raven right now!
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,004 mod
    I'm gonna have to play on pad.

:-/
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,413
    Pertho wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to play on pad.

:-/

Why?
    Opinions are like bedsheets: you only change them if it helps you get laid.
    Guys I help run tournaments loaded up all my equipment but not my stick.

Heads may or may not roll.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

Guys I help run tournaments loaded up all my equipment but not my stick.

Heads may or may not roll.

That sucks, I tried it once...feels really awkward
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,368
    Yeah, sorry guys, I'm having 10-18 frames of delay. I just can't play with this. =(
    Naeras wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry guys, I'm having 10-18 frames of delay. I just can't play with this. =(

It did seem quite bad
    Dropping everything, need to shake off this rust
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    edited July 2016
    grandabx wrote: »
    Man, I really think they should've made cancelling into specials cost more and eating having more start-up time after looking at those videos. It really doesn't matter after a combo with Sin that he has no meter left. Look at the damage he gets from 75% hunger meter. Combo, knockdown, eat and doesn't even miss a beat. SMH!! But they have a problem buffing Ramlethal, Potemkin, Jack-O and Leo...
    I mean the bigger bullshit was his neutral which they DID nerf, so I'm cool with Sin now

Jack-O is still strong lmao
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Potemkin needs something like the projectile from his "flick" where he can spend tension to create them.
    I don't think you realize how stupid this would be.
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
    Muttonman wrote: »

Was the delay as bad on your side as on mine?
    My pad Ky is the most fraudulent shit ever. :lol:
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

Muttonman wrote: »

Was the delay as bad on your side as on mine?

Yes, 19f minimum
    Going to take a quick break, get some food in me. GGs
    edited July 2016
    It looks like this thing sort of died on the vine, I'm really sorry to everyone who showed up. If anyone wants I'll keep pkaying though, I could def use the practice
    Props for trying to get this off the ground though.
    Props for trying to get this off the ground though.

Thanks. I think I'll try again in a month or so. I have a hunch some people maybe didn't want to show up because they didn't feel all that confident, so hopefully that will change in time. Also, next time I'll maybe ask some people from the Discord rooms to join so we can get some larger numbers
    In the meantime I need to grind some combos; I think I went that whole time without landing one cleanly. I'll be on for a bit though if anyone wants to play
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 516
    Weeaboo wrote: »

Has capcom made any statement that they're looking into releasing it in the arcades?

Not yet, but seeing how I'm sure they are aware of their Japanese market and how competitive players there thrive on an arcade scene, wouldn't surprise me if it's low key in the works. Possibly just waiting for a large enough roster to debut with it and make sure the updates coincide with the platform releases.

I hope you are right...seems SERIOUSLY dumb to not have an Arcade scene for your game in Japan at this rate.
    For word to the wise, DOA didn't have an Arcade scene since like DOA1 or 2 and when they released the Arcade version of DOA5U, there's people who always play on one of those Arcades atleast from plenty of sources.

If this is Sony's insistence, then this is just plain up ridiculous.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,266 mod
    edited July 2016
    Xhominid wrote: »

Has capcom made any statement that they're looking into releasing it in the arcades?

Not yet, but seeing how I'm sure they are aware of their Japanese market and how competitive players there thrive on an arcade scene, wouldn't surprise me if it's low key in the works. Possibly just waiting for a large enough roster to debut with it and make sure the updates coincide with the platform releases.

I hope you are right...seems SERIOUSLY dumb to not have an Arcade scene for your game in Japan at this rate.
    For word to the wise, DOA didn't have an Arcade scene since like DOA1 or 2 and when they released the Arcade version of DOA5U, there's people who always play on one of those Arcades atleast from plenty of sources.

They knew they were going to make their console money and get their eSports/CPT advertising so considering the expense to make arcades to begin with, I'm sure an arcade release wasn't of first interest. Their main objective was simply to be the king of fighting game eSports which they pulled off (they already did with IV, just to a larger degree now with V).

It's not dumb (arcades aren't a booming business anymore), just an obvious lower priority when there are other fighting games that don't have arcades and still have a solid tournament player base.

Still might pick up this game. If I do I'll probably play Johnny. Depends on if I can squeeze it in with KOF XIV. If KOF XIV's netcode is garbage then I'll check Xrd out for sure.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

YES

Stick was at the store. Now I can play with less fraudulence. Also Raven can go suck a dick with that dumb ass air dash and his stupid long sweep.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

YES

Stick was at the store. Now I can play with less fraudulence. Also Raven can go suck a dick with that dumb ass air dash and his stupid long sweep.

You know you love it
    Xhominid wrote: »

They knew they were going to make their console money and get their eSports/CPT advertising so considering the expense to make arcades to begin with, I'm sure an arcade release wasn't of first interest. Their main objective was simply to be the king of fighting game eSports which they pulled off (they already did with IV, just to a larger degree now with V).

It's not dumb (arcades aren't a booming business anymore), just an obvious lower priority when there are other fighting games that don't have arcades and still have a solid tournament player base.

Still might pick up this game. If I do I'll probably play Johnny. Depends on if I can squeeze it in with KOF XIV. If KOF XIV's netcode is garbage then I'll check Xrd out for sure.

I've pretty much dropped SFV, so I think I'll have room to play Xrd and KOF side by side. That is of course if UNiST doesn't suddenly get a release date. Come, join the anime side.
    YES

Want to run a set?

Want to run a set?

Sure, send me an invite
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

Want to run a set?

Sure, send me an invite

Room code is r66h
    edited July 2016

Come, join the anime side.

Yes.
    It has more whiff punishing than SFV.

Yes.

Really though I feel like this game is all about the neutral. For instance any Millia player is going to basically look the same after the KD, but what really separates the good players is their neutral game
  • The MartianThe Martian We Out Here. Joined: Posts: 12,201
    YES

Want to run a set?

Want to run a set?

Sure, send me an invite

These niggas. Smh.

"Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    YES

Want to run a set?

Want to run a set?

Sure, send me an invite

These niggas. Smh.

The room name is clearly posted
    Come to the anime side

And pick

Axl

Yes.

Yeah, so much whiff punishing. Like, not just letting a move whiff by being out of range but actively dodging moves via low profile, high profile, IADs, super jumps, partial invincibility, so on and so forth. Add on that counterhit status lasts through active frames and you can set up all sorts of trades in your favor.
    Come to the anime side

And pick

Axl

Hey, that's my main you're talking about. Fun as hell, although I play a pretty aggro Axl.
  • The MartianThe Martian We Out Here. Joined: Posts: 12,201
    YES

Want to run a set?

Want to run a set?

Sure, send me an invite

These niggas. Smh.

The room name is clearly posted

Pertho be ignoring my messages on PSN for dayyzzz', and none of y'all are any better when I come in here asking if anyone wants to play.

Dudes only wanna play when I'm not postin'. I see you!

:rofl:
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    Lol I can't even be salty, that was nice. Anyway GGS, was able to come up with a nice long list of shit I need to work on
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 516
    Snip

I...actually do not agree with that at all.

The only other games I know that doesn't have arcades and have tourney appeal is Western games...and those sell typically more than any Japanese Fighter.

And you forget that again, they usually flock to Arcades so even if it's not as booming as it once was, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be so low priority either.

It's SNK. The netcode will suck. There, I saved you the effort.
    Also, every former C. Viper player I know seems to love Johnny. Stance cancels for days.

Now. Come join us in the glorius land of ANIMUUU~
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2016
    Man, I really think they should've made cancelling into specials cost more and eating having more start-up time after looking at those videos. It really doesn't matter after a combo with Sin that he has no meter left. Look at the damage he gets from 75% hunger meter. Combo, knockdown, eat and doesn't even miss a beat. SMH!! But they have a problem buffing Ramlethal, Potemkin, Jack-O and Leo...
    I mean the bigger bullshit was his neutral which they DID nerf, so I'm cool with Sin now

Jack-O is still strong lmao

Eating for free is still a problem. Sin eating and not even having to give up pressure (oki) is even worse. Also, from current vids; Jack-O strategy boils down to: set houses, flood the screen and pray you don't get hit. Throwing houses is not viable any more. Her whole RTS thing is just so limiting. Current vids have been showing her getting mostly wrecked especially when she has no houses down in the latter parts of a match. Time will tell what the reality is though.

Arc, For Jack-O ideas:

I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Potemkin needs something like the projectile from his "flick" where he can spend tension to create them.
    I don't think you realize how stupid this would be.

Spending valuable tension for a projectile that only last a couple of seconds is bad? That can easily be balanced by how much tension is needed.
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,266 mod
    edited July 2016

It's SNK. The netcode will suck. There, I saved you the effort.
    Also, every former C. Viper player I know seems to love Johnny. Stance cancels for days.

Now. Come join us in the glorius land of ANIMUUU~

I didn't even know he had stance cancels. I just wanted to hit good buttons and mist finer people. Generally wanted to use whoever was good/top tier since I'm not going to spend enough time with the game to figure out wonky mid/low tier character. Stance cancels works too.

If I was going to spend a lot more time with the game I'd probably use Zato, but too much time sink for him.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,836
    KOF can get kind of anime though, lol. That being said, even if KOFXIV's netcode is ass, going off what I've seen and what I played at EVO, I'm still going to play KOFXIV because it feels really awesome.

I've strangely been putting off getting Revelator. It's weird to say because it's certainly not for a lack of wanting to get into Revelator after playing Xrd, and EVO being good, it's just this whole "ASW not doing English Dubs on their fighters anymore" stuff going around and Revelator randomly not having one for seemingly no reason has me kind of souring on them a little.