Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- one of life's gilty pleasures

Comments

• ShoryuAlmondShoryuAlmond Joined: Posts: 3
    Anyone know if gatling diagrams like the this one below exist in English? I know some of the characters on dustloop list the gatling options for each move, but a diagram is much quicker to read. I don't know Japanese well enough to type out the text for translation. Its easy enough to figure out in training mode, but I'd like to do some quick glance comparisons of characters that I don't care to practice with too much.

004.jpg
  • stronzolostronzolo Joined: Posts: 100
    edited June 28
    Whizard wrote: »
    stronzolo wrote: »
    Snip

Hey, I've just started my journey to learning Venom as I wanted to learn someone more "Involved"

Are you in the EU by any chance? Would be cool to play to get some idea of playing him, I have never even seen one online

Yes i'm in EU, feel free to add me on steam if you are a pc user.
    Just a reminder:
    1 I started playing fighting games only in the last year
    2 I'm transitiong from keyboard to fightstick so my execution is even worse than usual
    3 I've started learning Venom only in the last 3 weeks so i'm probably not the best guy to show you how Venom plays
  • WhizardWhizard CFN: Whizard Joined: Posts: 513
    Whizard wrote: »
    Snip

Hey, I've just started my journey to learning Venom as I wanted to learn someone more "Involved"

Are you in the EU by any chance? Would be cool to play to get some idea of playing him, I have never even seen one online

Yes i'm in EU, feel free to add me on steam if you are a pc user.
    Just a reminder:
    1 I started playing fighting games only in the last year
    2 I'm transitiong from keyboard to fightstick so my execution is even worse than usual
    3 I've started learning Venom only in the last 3 weeks so i'm probably not the best guy to show you how Venom plays

Haha no worries, I play on PS4 anyways!

He's proving a tough one to pick up after only learning Sin to a half respectable level
  • jblairjblair so this is it huh? having standards use to be standard Joined: Posts: 1,358
    Muttonman wrote: »
    jblair wrote: »
    If you think raven isn't S tier it's because even the most notable japanese players are still terribly behind when it comes to optimizing his setups and combos.

Zadi pulls out some new bullshit every other match so that's wrong there. I do agree that they could generally better optimize combos though

Presenting:

"Your Raven is bad and you should feel bad"

• MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,786
    A lot of that oki is sadly fake as there's no forced first frame of wakeup stand in GG and the S Grab resets only work on 1 out of 3 techs :(
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,473
    S grab resets can work on multiple techs.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    Veserius wrote: »
    S grab resets can work on multiple techs.

A lot of them don't, which was my point. I'm pretty certain that none work on all three.

Still love dat Zadi
  • jblairjblair so this is it huh? having standards use to be standard Joined: Posts: 1,358
    edited June 29
    Wow you really don't get it at all? This is a legit high/low and safe jump in most cases. And what reset are you talking about? The S grab is unblockable and combos..?

Edut: I'm actually pretty confused about whether you even watched.
    Wow you really don't get it at all? This is a legit high/low and safe jump in most cases. And what reset are you talking about? The S grab is unblockable and combos..?

The orb doesn't actually hit meaty in most cases; it's duckable and makes it possible to poke out or use certain moves. Actually getting real fireball Oki in that sort of situation is tough
  • ShockingFirstBulletShockingFirstBullet Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey guys,

I'm a relatively new player to GG, I payed a lot of XX, but that was years ago. And even then I was only like intermediate at best.

Anyway, I've been somewhat decent with Faust where I know his general B&B to an extent, but I'm still learning the game's mechanics, being good with roman cancels etc.

One thing I seem to have a HUGE issue with is stopping my opponent's combos. It seems like I go to face someone who is really skilled at the game and they just hit me once and I lose all of my HP. I try to just block their high low mixups the best I can, but it seems like their combos don't have an end to them? Like even when I see an opening and try to spam crouching punch to get out of it, I still get punished and end up losing.

Is that kind of a thing to this game, to not get hit at all? Do you guys think I'm missing something? I have noticed sometimes that when more experienced players block they create like a green sphere around them. Is that push blocking? Is there such a thing in this game?

Any tips you can give me would be great.

Thanks
  • SuicidalGrandpaSuicidalGrandpa Undeniably Free in 3S Joined: Posts: 3,453
    Caved, sold some CSGO skins, and copped. If anyone wants to play with a newbie limping into his first anime fighter:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/gooncsgo :tup:
    PSN: SGsrk
    SFV ID: BOOTYSWEAT69
  • riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,296
    questions

The green aura when blocking is Faultless Defense(FD). It pushes the attacker further back, but adds a bit more blockstun in their favor...

If I get your other question right:
    Neutral is extremely important in GG. Making bad mistakes and eating full combos is a lot harsher than other games because it usually leads to "combo>some sort of oki that can put you back in a similar situation. It's important to understand your characters defensive options( specific and universal) and how they can be used to get out of specific situations. Equally is how your move's cover neutral and what they can be used for beyond just gatling in a combo...I think that's pretty vague, but hopefully is sort of helpful?

A good place to start getting acquainted with the system mechanics is the dustloop wiki:
    http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php/GGXRD-R2/Defense
    Also use the in game missions to see how some of those work in relatively real life scenarios...
    PSN/CFN- Ribu_the_Luster
    Ed_SFV Discord:
    https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

• SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 88
    I hate it when I play and lose a single match against someone, and he immediately leaves the lobby...
  • SkieghSkiegh I am Ryudo Unit 2R Joined: Posts: 424
    edited June 29
    GG has a lot of defensive options, you can faultless defense (done by holding back and two attack buttons (not dust)) which spends meter while you hold it down and for each attack blocked to increase pushback but increases block stun (about 2 frames more in most cases, I think. Faultless is also the only way you can naturally block grounded attacks while in the air. Then you have Just Guard (done by pressing back/down-back right before an attack hits you) which gives you meter on success, decreases the pushback and lowers the blockstun (varies by move), but increases the RISC gauge more.

Then you have reject (done by pressing two attack buttons while in neutral or down-neutral), which rejects any attack, putting the opponent in a state where they can only reject back. In rev, you can charge it to make it an attack as well, which crumbles on counter hit or when max charged. When it turns red it will reject all attacks regardless of height (high or low). Costs 25% meter and if you use the attack version takes some burst gauge from the opponent.

There's also back dashing which are universally invincible, but how much varies by character. Throws also have no startup so if an opponent is right next to you, you can throw them unless they do something throw immune.

Beyond that there is burst and dead angles. Dead angles (done by pressing forward and 3(?) attack buttons while in block stun) is a good way to just get people off of you, but it costs 50% meter and can be baited. Burst is the same deal, though it can be done in hitstun and while in neutral for a gold burst which gives you max meter on success.

With all of those options, it becomes both a meter management game and a decision to made on every attack. Do I push them back and create a hole in their offense by making the next string in their Gatling whiff? Or do you JG instead and reduce the pushback and blockstun and make something negative which wouldn't have been otherwise? It's a fun game to block in to be honest.

As for blocking high low mixups, it's mostly about understanding their options and creating a block rhythm where you block the high or low based on the timing difference between them. Takes a lot of practice but it can be done, but there are a lot of tricky things in XRD especially if the opponent has meter.
    edited June 30

The orb doesn't actually hit meaty in most cases; it's duckable and makes it possible to poke out or use certain moves. Actually getting real fireball Oki in that sort of situation is tough

The point is that they are conditioned by the dozens of different overhead timings, and that in many cases you can do a fast fall heavy slash which is meaty and a safe jump, and the sweep knocks them into the fireball. I'm guessing from your first comment that you didn't understand since you made reference to tech traps and resets, which none of the above videos feature even once.

The point is that they are conditioned by the dozens of different overhead timings, and that in many cases you can do a fast fall heavy slash which is meaty and a safe jump, and the sweep knocks them into the fireball. I'm guessing from your first comment that you didn't understand since you made reference to tech traps and resets, which none of the above videos feature even once.

I was wrong on the Sgrab, the horrors if a mobile phone. But seeing as the ball almost never hits meaty in that sort of juggle situation and you can low profile that kind of safe jump does decrease it's value. You can also 6p many if not all of those.

If you can change the j.h to a j.k you can probably fix some of those issues however
    Did S grab always combo?
    I feel like I've never noticed this before...
    PSN/CFN- Ribu_the_Luster
    Ed_SFV Discord:

ribu wrote: »
    Did S grab always combo?
    I feel like I've never noticed this before...

It's an air unblockable so yeah, it's always been able to combo.
    WxVke.gif

Legit feel like a fool never got this...
    PSN/CFN- Ribu_the_Luster
    Ed_SFV Discord:

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,817
    Can I get some Jam tips? Super Beginner with her. Was messing around with her at my bros today and she's a lot of fun, interested in putting some time in with her.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm always down to game if any of you are ever interested. I'm on PC at raz0rw0rk. Pretty sure I've played with a few of you already in some of the East Coast lobbies.

Speaking of which, I always find some east coast lobbies up after 12 noon with some decent competition. I will admit, though, it's a lot of the same people I see online every day. For stiffer competition I use the private Discord but those guys are really good and way better than me.

I do have sessions in my apartment in NY but I'm hesitant to do it again since someone from last time nabbed something. It's why I hate inviting the gaming community to anything in my place.
    This is offensive.
    edited July 3
    Can I get some Jam tips? Super Beginner with her. Was messing around with her at my bros today and she's a lot of fun, interested in putting some time in with her.
    I don't use her, but a friend of mine made this intro combo video with her back in rev1. He said they were still usable in Rev2.

There's a lot more to it sense they buffed her combo routes from parry, but that's probably the best place to start.

unrelated:
    Fuck I wish Zappa was in this game. Don't think I'll ever have a character I feel right using till then lol
    PSN/CFN- Ribu_the_Luster
    Ed_SFV Discord:

• SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 88
    Is there any chance for a new character announcement at EVO? I am hoping Testament gets added asap.
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,372
    I've fought a few Dizzy's recently, she def seems pretty legit; she's vastly improved from Rev1. j.H was already solid, but now it's ridiculous, f.S jump cancel let's her do interesting bubble stuff (bubble is amazing too), plus her oki/mixup game (especially her tick throw game) is actually scary now.
    Opinions are like bedsheets: you only change them if it helps you get laid.
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,383
    I've been thinking in subbing Bedman. Is he hard execution wise? How is the matchup versus Sin?
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • Mr_BladeMr_Blade Joined: Posts: 203
    Just starting playing/watching the main story. Can't stand her but I want St. Maximus playable
    KOF: Zarina, Alice, Vanessa
    SF: Ed, Juri, Kolin
    TK: Katarina, Claudio, Nina, Shaheen, Miguel, Eliza

My Blog:http://darkonyxe.blogspot.com/
    edited July 5
    I've been thinking in subbing Bedman. Is he hard execution wise? How is the matchup versus Sin?

Despite being a weird character (which often makes people immediately assume he's hard to play), he's actually really easy execution wise. His difficulty lies in the fact that he has a lot of different setups to be familiar with, but if you're interested in him that shouldn't be a problem. I don't really know the ins and outs of the Bedman/Sin MU, but I have heard numerous people say that he fights Sin really well.
    Post edited by drunkards_walk on
  • SkieghSkiegh I am Ryudo Unit 2R Joined: Posts: 424
    edited July 4

I don't claim to be a good Jam, but I'll answer any questions you have. I much prefer voice communication for anything overly specific, like dealing with certain situations and what not. Despite my long winded posts here, I tend to ramble when it comes to teaching characters. I remember I did a 3S Ibuki Tutorial that was 3+ hours long and that was only HALF of what I had to talk about. I like to ramble...

Basic things I would suggest working on are:

- I don't know where you're at with fighting games, so execution always comes first.
    - I would recommend learning how to consistently do her instant air dash options, as while they each carry risks, they greatly increase her air mobility, which in certain match-ups (like against Zato), is about all you have to utilize (cause you can't approach on the ground against Zato as Jam).
    - I would also recommend learning to do her Hamonkyaku (K) command dash follow-up into instant Gekirin. Which is easy to do, you just do quarter circle back and double tap the kick button. This speeds up a carded Gekirin done on the ground, turning it from a 18 frame overheard, to a 12 frame. (Technically 19, 13 frame, if you include the first active frame)
    - Really familiarize yourself with her gatling options. This is where Jam's pressure game actually comes from, from having the most robust gatling options in the game, with a lot of reverse beats. For instance 6K reverse beating into 2K, or how you can chain back and forth between 5K and 2S. 2S as a whole can be canceled at pretty much any point in the animation, making it great for stagger pressure if you want to bait buttons.
    - 5K is a god normal, hits low, is +2 and only has 6(?) frames of block pause as opposed to the usual amount which I think is 11, which makes it really good for tick throws.
    - While 2H is a great normal, you should start to think of it as your last ditch effort. When teaching people to beat my Jam, I often point to that normal as a mistake on the Jam's part, because it limits her options immensely, essentially removing her strength of having strong gatlings at that point. I can go into more detail on that, if you want.
    - Prioritize simple knockdown combos rather than going for max damage options every single time. While Jam's consistency as a character drastically increased in Rev2, she is still prone to drops. Even the best Jams often opt for lesser damage options.
    - Familiarize yourself with her strongest YRC points. Specifically, they are... A) Ryuujin YRC to keep pressure during strings or fling yourself across the screen at a VERY good angle, B.) 6H YRC is great for throws, and if they jump, you can react and jump air throw, C) Mawarikomi, her P command dash follow-up, it's good for YRC throws as well.
    - Her kick specials are both a boon and a burden. Later on in practice, I would recommend learning to hit-confirm them, as you can cancel them to make them "safer" but never "safe" unless they are max charged. As Jam as a whole, you should be ready to YRC anything that goes incorrectly.
    - I would focus on a single card first. Gekirin is a useful card for pressure and otherwise.

I could ramble forever, and I will if I must, though I'd like to see you play first before I go spouting things you already know. A simple kind of gameplan to live by is essentially just getting yourself into a position where you can land 2K, because 2K can... become another 2K for confirmation, become 5K for frame advantage, can become a 2D into air dash (which can go into many things) on block, knockdown and card on hit, can become a 2H for pull if they Faultless, become a 6H which if you have 25% meter can become a throw mix-up or that can then become a Bakushuu if they are afraid to hit buttons, which can become a puffball (S) for frame advantage, a Mawarikomi (P) for either a cross-under or a YRC into throw, or a quick overheard via Gekirin by double tapping kick.

Essentially, 2K is good starting move. If you're having trouble with neutral, Ryuujin cards can help a bit, but the Jam game is essentially a game of living life on the edge. You don't throw projectiles, you ARE the projectile. So taking risk with Jam is kind of a must. She can't afford to dally in Neutral, because if the opponent gets a lot of meter, her neutral only gets much, much, MUCH worse. YRCs fuck Jam over hard, so you need to get things going rather quick. Thankfully Jam herself has high meter gain.

Post edited by Skiegh on
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,817
    Nice man thanks. I'm super beginner with her, watching me.play would only show I don't know how to play her. I'll keep these in mind. It's a little tough to practice because I don't have the game, my brother does, but I go over there enough to practice when there so I'll pull your post back up and work on it.

Also I don't mind rambling, rambling is fine. If you would like to take this to PMs so we don't flood the thread with tons of beginner knowledge about her or to just make conversing easier that's fine with me as well.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,271
    Jam requires good movement to play well. Knowing when and how to use which movement option, when to run the fuck away to bait something, and being creative in your approach is probably the biggest thing with her.

He's got some difficult stuff execution-wise, but his learning curve is pretty smooth in that regard. The difficult part is putting his options together, because his playstyle is very unorthodox.
    He supposedly goes even against Sin. Source: my training partner is one of the four guys that actually main Bedman.
  • TetsuroTetsuro Joined: Posts: 692
    The Baiken struggle is real. Just wanna post some thoughts on how I think she should be buffed in future iterations in the hope that someone from ArkSys sees this (I know they won't).

Grounded Tatami: Improved active frames, hits on the way down like it used to, if it didn't hit on the way up.

standing heavy slash: should have it's hit box expanded upward so that it is accurate with the animation, making it an effective anti air. Active for more than 2 frames.

forward heavy: expand vertical hitbox slightly.

Azami: I think a lot of people would like to see her old GCs come back, but I doubt that will happen. With that in mind I think GC Azami should be made far less strict. Maybe double how many frames it can be held. Allow her followups to be RRCd. Give her access to air azami followups outside of a successful air azami.

Sakura: Should cause a stagger like it used to out of both run and azami.

Kabari (claw): I have a couple ideas in regard to how this should be buffed. I would either like it to be made faster or eat projectiles like gamma blade does, probably not both though. Projectile YRC just makes this move a huge risk in neutral now.

That's mostly it. I feel like these changes would turn her back into the defensive wall she's meant to be without making her SSS tier.

@Raging_Zoroark a friend of mine (who also plays Bedman) showed me this video yesterday:
    It's made by GCYoshi, aka the best Bedman in the US and it seems like a really solid intro to the character. He's done a whole series, but I'm not going to link them all because they can be found from the link I posted. Good luck
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,383
    edited July 6
    video

Ah, thank you! This sure will help. I've been wanting to learn this guy for a little while. Now that I've met a couple of guys that are new to the game this seems the perfect moment to start. I like strange characters, the only thing I don't like is execution heavy dudes. Bedman seems to be what I'm looking for.
    Post edited by Raging_Zoroark on
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
    edited July 6
    video

Ah, thank you! This sure will help. I've been wanting to learn this guy for a little while. Now that I've met a couple of guys that are new to the game this seems the perfect moment to start. I like strange characters, the only thing I don't like is execution heavy dudes. Bedman seems to be what I'm looking for.

Yeah he's definitely strange, and he's really not execution heavy at all (I don't think it would be a stretch to say he's one of the top 10 easiest execution characters), so it seems like a good fit. You will have to become familiar with a fair amount of setups however, so you may want to consider joining the Bedman discord, so you can start to familiarize yourself with them. Also reading this would probably not be a bad idea either (written by another Bedman discord guy): https://drunkardshade.com/2017/05/15/guilty-bits-xrd-bedman/
  • ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,625
    Didn't actually read this thread before making this but i coincidentally finished a video on some bedman oki just now.

Not as polished as the leo guide but it seems fairly solid.
    Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,032
    I'm always down for games on Steam. Let's get some games going fellas.
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Which players from japan are coming to evo?
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • PsaroPsaro Joined: Posts: 65
    grandabx wrote: »

I don't have a comprehensive list, so what I know is based on which players I thought to look up in the brackets and what I've heard from other people who did the same, but most of the usual suspects will be there. Machaboo will return to defend his title, Omito will also return to try to get his runback. Dogura and Kazunoko will of course be there. Ogawa, Kedako, Samitto, Moga, Nage, 310, Fumo will also all be there. A couple of new faces from Japan are also coming; Zadi, Tomo, Teresa, and 2rio will be there this year. Conversely, there are some staple players who aren't there this year. FAB was nowhere to be seen in the brackets. Neither was Nakamura.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,775
    grandabx wrote: »

Dogura(Rv)
    Kazunoko(Rv)
    GO1(Mi?)
    Daikoku_GO(Le)
    Kedako(Ma)
    Koichi(In)
    310(Ve)
    ABEGEN(Po)
    Samitto(Ch)
    Nage(Fa)
    Moga(Sl)
    Omito(Jo)
    Zadi(Rv)
    Jonio(Jo)
    Purepure(Jack-0)
    Taitsu(Za)
    Ishimaru
    Teresa(Ja)
    Haaken(So)
    Ogawa(Za)
    2rio(In)
    Machabo(Si?)
    T5M7(Le)
    Minami(Answer?)
    Fumo(El)
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    where's my boy Rion :(
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 8
    Naeras wrote: »
    where's my boy Rion :(

I didn't see him in the brackets. Man, both GG and BB are going to be crazy.
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,886
    This is an odd question but is there anyone in this game that has a playstyle like rose from sf?
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Kolin/ Hopefully Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ Frieza....

Genistar wrote: »
    This is an odd question but is there anyone in this game that has a playstyle like rose from sf?

What exactly do you mean by that?
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,886
    She was able to control the pace of the match while being mostly defensive.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Kolin/ Hopefully Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ Frieza....

• PsaroPsaro Joined: Posts: 65
    edited July 9
    Maybe Faust, Venom, or Axl? Venom is the game's closest thing to a true projectile zoner, so you tend to play him with a defensive mindset and aim to control neutral, though he also has some pretty solid offensive tools to go along with it. Faust is more buttonsy like Rose. His big normals are great for taking control of space, and he has some good anti-airs to force the opponent to slow down if they're being too aggressive in the air, so you could say he's good at influencing pace. There are some matchups where he can't play his game though, and of course the twist on Faust that may turn you off of him is that he's a random item toss character, which fundamentally means that, rather than always playing a certain way, you have to change up the pace to match what items you get. I somewhat hesitate to say Axl because with him you're starting to go from Rose's relative versatility to a much more specialized and extreme version of the defensive poking game, but if you like the idea of stifling your opponent's approach with his long pokes and capitalizing on their frustration, then consider him an option. This is Guilty Gear though, so even with Axl you have to be aggro sometimes.

Apart from those three, I'd say that Ky is pretty versatile. Great buttons and projectiles to match any situation, and you can definitely play a solid, patient and defensive game with him and penalize your opponent for going too wild thanks to his great anti-air and air to air options. Baiken too can convince people to slow down by making them run into some Tatamis. Historically she's been the character who slows down matches and emphasizes defense, though the changes to her guard cancels have made it much harder for her to play that way in this game. The fact that they are so much weaker than they used to be really diminishes what kept people in check regarding being aggressive against Baiken in the old games.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 10
    Rose plays too much like a traditional SF character to really ground her too well in Guilty Gear. She also has things like projectile reflecting and an activation super (at least in the Alpha games) that isn't very relateable to what's in Guilty Gear.

If you just like the general, normal/footsie controlling aspects of Rose, then Ky, Johnny or Faust would be good picks IMO.

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

The issue is that there isn't a good option for waiting in line but not spectating, so people don't see when there's an open cabinet and probably are afk while waiting as well.
  • kylebrkylebr Casually competitive Joined: Posts: 945
    I think Johnny is more comparable to SFV Karin. Neutral control with oppressive offense and massive damage. Both are a bit too intensive on execution, so maybe you wouldn't like them if you appreciate Rose's simplicity. In this case, go Ky.
    CFN: kylebr92, Fightcade: kylebr, Steam: kylebr92.
    SFV: Guile, Karin.
    GG Rev 2: Ky, Johnny.
    SSB4: Mario, Marth, Cloud.