Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- one of life's gilty pleasures

Comments

• NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,403
    Which character do you main now, exactly, since you have to instantly stun Raven to beat him?

Also lol at the statement that Raven takes an hour of practice and you can play him fine. He's not a difficult character by any means, but if you seriously can't see the difference between a good and a bad Raven, I don't really know what to tell you.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,865
    Ah, so you don't play against Chipp either. Why the hell would a Chipp ever be doing a neutral jump j.d or teleport j.d or trying to anti air with j.d? He's got a billion better options in all those situations (6P and 2H against the swoop, j.H out of teleport), and even then it sounds like you're just stuffing during start up.

And wtf is with the second half there. You drunk posting?
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,441
    edited September 27
    Naeras wrote: »
    Which character do you main now, exactly, since you have to instantly stun Raven to beat him?

Also lol at the statement that Raven takes an hour of practice and you can play him fine. He's not a difficult character by any means, but if you seriously can't see the difference between a good and a bad Raven, I don't really know what to tell you.

I mean, obviously there are good Ravens and bad Ravens, but I am saying that Raven is the easiest character to be good with, BY FAR, it is literally not even close. If ever there could be a character that was considered "easy mode", then it's Raven. Easiest character in the game by far and arguably the best character in the game, that's a silly combination. Oh and I'm playing May still.

Also, seriously, when would Chipp ever do teleport j.D? Lol. The other situations are mainly trying to fish for a CH. I'll admit neutral jump j.D may be fairly uncommon, but teleport j.D happens all the time and anti-airing with j.D is done mainly for the reward on CH (and because j.D has such a great hitbox).

I mean, obviously there are good Ravens and bad Ravens, but I am saying that Raven is the easiest character to be good with, BY FAR, it is literally not even close. If ever there could be a character that was considered "easy mode", then it's Raven. Easiest character in the game by far and arguably the best character in the game, that's a silly combination. Oh and I'm playing May still.

Also, seriously, when would Chipp ever do teleport j.D? Lol. The other situations are mainly trying to fish for a CH. I'll admit neutral jump j.D may be fairly uncommon, but teleport j.D happens all the time and anti-airing with j.D is done mainly for the reward on CH (and because j.D has such a great hitbox).

Teleport j.d is weak because you aren't giving up a normal combo you'd get off the mixup for the hope of a counter hit and less pressure of they guess correctly.

You anti air with 2H or 6P as they're way more reliable and also give you big stonking combos.

Seriously, you don't know how either character plays and are angry that an easy to play character is good? This is just a case of mad cause bad.
    Muttonman wrote: »

Teleport j.d is weak because you aren't giving up a normal combo you'd get off the mixup for the hope of a counter hit and less pressure of they guess correctly.

You anti air with 2H or 6P as they're way more reliable and also give you big stonking combos.

Seriously, you don't know how either character plays and are angry that an easy to play character is good? This is just a case of mad cause bad.

Teleport j.D isn't weak, it is literally an integral part of his game. If Chipp is teleporting but finds that he is getting Anti-Aired, then you start doing teleport j.D to condition the opponent not to press a button in that situation. However, against certain moves, like Sin 6P and Raven j.S, it gets blown up for free. I would argue that j.D is as effective an anti-air as 2H and 6P in certain situations. Chipp's 6P is has a ton of recovery, so often j.D is less risky in case you whiff, 2H is pretty solid though. However, when I'm May and I try to air dash in at Chipp, I see jump back j.D all the time. j.D is definitely one of those "all-purpose" buttons that you can use as a jump-in, air vs air, and even anti-air
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,365
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,432
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Fuck Axl.

After a long set with an Axl player, I'm starting to agree with this sentence...

What's the best way to punish Axl's reversal? Shit pushes me too far, the maximum I can do as Jack O is 5S > 3HS, not the most damaging combo.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
    Fuck Axl.

After a long set with an Axl player, I'm starting to agree with this sentence...

What's the best way to punish Axl's reversal? Shit pushes me too far, the maximum I can do as Jack O is 5S > 3HS, not the most damaging combo.

It's more minus than it feels; you can dash up and do whatever
    Fuck Axl.

It's more minus than it feels; you can dash up and do whatever

Oh, thanks! I'll hit the training mode then and try to punish it.
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,388
    edited September 28
    Did this accidentally in a match:

Run > 236H (for the throw) 236H. The idea is that if the opponent presses a button the impact freeze will lengthen the time of the run, which means the super command will register and punish their attack. You have to do it really quickly to beat stuff like jabs.

The easier OS is obviously 6H -> S because it requires no special motions.

There's theoretically an easier way of doing this but I didn't spend much time testing how long the input buffer lasts. You can do 236 63214K 6H. This will activate the parry super, or throw if the run has already ended.

• SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 136
    edited September 29
    Another tier list, this time by Ruki: http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/xrd_rev2/index.html?tc=ya0-trkh8ol54l7zapev3tdp9a8j8kin8kfa937cd39sbphg77dsaya18bbo5wgv8p8o6xj46me458fz7ddl7kafa5j53zbz8yfqf2c3bm-bkh

Top to bottom means strong to weak, and left to right means has flaws vs well rounded. Compared to the Teresa list from a while back the top 4 characters are identical. But it has Ramlethal above Venom and Sin. Worst character again Baiken.
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,007
    Why exactly is baiken so bad? Goddamn I feel like every character I ever want to main is bottom tier. Claw in SFIV, Alex in sfv, game and watch in smash Wii u and now baiken.

Not that tiers matter at my level in the slightest but im learning so I'm curious as to why baiken is perceived as so much lower in the tier than everyone else.
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,610
    edited October 1
    Edit, wrong thread!
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Zeku, Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• TetsuroTetsuro Joined: Posts: 705
    Why exactly is baiken so bad? Goddamn I feel like every character I ever want to main is bottom tier. Claw in SFIV, Alex in sfv, game and watch in smash Wii u and now baiken.

Not that tiers matter at my level in the slightest but im learning so I'm curious as to why baiken is perceived as so much lower in the tier than everyone else.

Weak neutral with little payoff mid screen, weak pressure that is heavily reliant on reads. Her kit has been pretty gutted from previous games and she really didn't receive anything to balance that out.
    Rev2 Millia is fun as shit, I might start gradually transitioning to full time Millia; she is just 100x more interesting these days. They did a really good job with her in Rev2
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,845 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man, my Raven isn't even close to this good.

I need to learn some actual combos now that I pretty much know his entire oki game.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShinyRepleteCockroachANELE
    This is offensive.
    Zato against I-No is suffering.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,365
    Saandro wrote: »
    Zato against I-No is suffering.

Good :coffee:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,303 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Baiken Army take note. Koto putting in work in last a-cho video.

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,611
    Any tips for Jam Vs Raven?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • jblairjblair Joined: Posts: 1,437

I need to learn some actual combos now that I pretty much know his entire oki game.

Get really good at tk scratch. In every level of excitement and different weight class you get new things.

optimal 2d stuff: https://twitter.com/i/moments/870658828018171905

Can your DP go through his fireball? Do you have a way to slide through needle yrc resets?
    jblair wrote: »

Get really good at tk scratch. In every level of excitement and different weight class you get new things.

So good, but character specific enough that I personally doubt I'll ever bother. I need to find some good ways of spending 50 meter after a throw or air combo, as his air super is meh even with the excitement

Can your DP go through his fireball? Do you have a way to slide through needle yrc resets?
    Dunno about the DP, wouldn't be surprised if the answer is no tho. When I tried to slide under a needle I got hit right in the face for my trouble lol. Dunno if it was a timing issue or not tho.
    Go back to the select screen and choose another character. :coffee:
    This is offensive.
  • jblairjblair Joined: Posts: 1,437
    edited October 17

So good, but character specific enough that I personally doubt I'll ever bother. I need to find some good ways of spending 50 meter after a throw or air combo, as his air super is meh even with the excitement

Well your two options are basically air super or scratch RC command grab. Command grab gonna give you better oki and less excitement and super can give you more excitement also with good oki if you want. Air super can be spaced to only hit once so that you can recover quickly with oki afterwards.

Also you only get any good at guilty gear if you bother with character specifics.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,665

MIKE ROSS IS STREAMING
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Who is Ross playing?

Well your two options are basically air super or scratch RC command grab. Command grab gonna give you better oki and less excitement and super can give you more excitement also with good oki if you want. Air super can be spaced to only hit once so that you can recover quickly with oki afterwards.

Also you only get any good at guilty gear if you bother with character specifics.

You pretty much have to get into character specifics just so you always do max damage. It isn't as hard as I thought it would be. Was able to do it in +R with just about 20 hours or so of practice.
    This is offensive.
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,610
    Axl, Leo and Potemkin it looks like.
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Zeku, Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

Reminder Toushinsai 2017 and Arc Revo are happening this weekend, which will gather possibly some of the best Xrd players in Japan
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited October 18
    Hoping for a new character announcement lol.
    edited October 18
    Go back to the select screen and choose another character. :coffee:
    This is sound advice lol.

For BlazBlue, yeah
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

For BlazBlue, yeah

Nah, fuck that. I want Testament.
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

For BlazBlue, yeah

Nah, fuck that. I want Testament.

Testament is now included as ruby rose in cross tag battle LUL
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

I believe that they said that the next character (if we are getting a new character) will be Robo Ky.
    edited October 20
    I think it kind of sucks that we are likely going to be stuck with Rev2 for a while. While generally the balance is really good, I still think this is the worst version of the game to date just because of how large the disparity is between the top tier characters and the other characters (even the high mid tiers). Chipp and Raven (and arguably Johnny and Ky) are just wayyy too strong relative to everyone else atm. However, the good news is that they are only a few adjustments away from having a really balanced game.