Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- one of life's gilty pleasures

Comments

• drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,443
    edited October 22
    Naeras wrote: »
    Those characters you mentioned don't have better air normals than Raven, they just have a normal or two that is really strong (Jam j.S, millia j.P, bedman j.P, el j.S), while Ravens entire arsenal is godlike (j.P, j.k, j.S, j.H) are all really strong. The only one who even comes close in that regard is Chipp, but even his aren't as good imo.

Those characters have at least one (generally two) really stupid air normals in additional to the ones you're mentioning. Jam jH is ridiculous, Millia jH is great, Bedman jS and jH are retarded, all of El's air normals are great.
    Same thing with grounded normals, his entire arsenal is crazy (5K, 4P. 5H, 2H, 2S, 6P, f.S) none of those characters you mentioned have such a solid arsenal. The only one who even comes close imo would be Ky; I think including Chipp is silly because his are more designed for pressure rather than neutral control (although raven pressure normals are solid too).

What

You know how Ky has normals for more situations than Raven, and has a far, far easier time converting them into knockdowns or damage thanks to 2D and dipper?
    You know how Ky literally can't challenge Chipp's normals head-on because they're so fast and have amazing hitboxes?
    You know how Sol, Johnny and El have huge, fast normals with almost no hurtboxes that convert into massive damage if they use them right?
    You know how Venom's normals are.. kinda nuts, even though he doesn't convert from them as easily as Ky?

I'm not even trying to downplay Raven's normals here -- they're really good overall -- but I don't think they're better than any of the characters above by any stretch.
    Also his pressure is definitely real, he gets a meaty and then you are forced to try and anticipate an iad or get frame trapped, or if he has 25 meter you're holding a mixup; it's a pretty scary scenario to be in considering how crazy his conversion game is and especially considering once he gets the good knockdown you're in a "guess wrong and die" scenario. Also, A LOT of his pressure/combos are burst safe, so it's just all around bad news.

His IADs are pretty darn reactable and comes in at an angle most people can just 6P him. It's still good, but you don't need to anticipate it. This is coming from someone with fairly shit reactions.
    When I say he has "bad" knockdowns I refer to the fact that you can backdash out of a lot of the setups that come on those knockdowns. Characters with DPs that leave them airborne can often just DP and get out (they'll get hit by the Kugel once in the air, so Raven doesn't get a conversion if he's committed to a swoop).
    People I've talked to say he goes even with Ky, flat out beats Sol, and has a slight disadvantage with Chipp, shrug. I also disagree about the damage. Pre-nerf Millia and Bedman were top tiers (arguably the best in the game) and both did below average damage. However, they were really godlike for the same reasons Raven is godlike now: godlike neutral, godlike conversions, and oki/mixup where you are forced to guess.

You're changing up comparisons now. Pre-nerf Millia and Bedman were nowhere, and I mean nowhere near pre-EVO Johnny or pre-nerf Elphelt. That's just not up for debate. On the other hand, I think they're fairly good comparisons to where Raven is now. Very clearly one of the best characters in the game, but not oppressively so.

None of them (Jam j.S maybe being the exception) have anything nearly as good as Raven j.S.

Also, Ky doesn't have normals for more situations than Raven, if anything I'd say they are about equal in that regard. I guess you forgot about the massive range of Raven 2D and about Scratch. Also Ky can challenge Chipp with 6P and 2H lul. I honestly don't know what you're talking about with Sol, what normals convert into massive damage while also being fast? El and Johnny have solid ones with good conversions, but neither has the ridiculous mixup potential as Raven. All of the characters you mentioned have really good normals, but I still think Raven has a much bigger arsenal of good ones; few characters have a laundry list of great, not good, great normals on the ground and in the air

Idk, this downplay is honestly reaching absurd levels, Raven 6P is garbage? Lmao.

Referencing the DP situation, it speaks volumes to me that DP'ing and taking the hit is actually offered as a solution, that's a sign of crazy oki. Also, Raven can adjust to that and start converting to kd. Finally, you brought up Millia first
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,739
    edited October 22
    stronzolo wrote: »
    Hecatom wrote: »
    stronzolo wrote: »
    So, I'm playing GG Rev2 with a friend of mine who is a decent/good SF player (probably around platinum level) and lately he can't stop whining on how AA are weak to nonexistents in this game (probably because he's used to Akuma's easy anti airs), what could I do to prove him the contrary without making him even more salty? (aside from linking him some guides on the matter?)

Just 6P his sorry ass every time that he tries to do something, btw who are you playing with and who is your friend using.
    Also, if he comes from SFV and is complaining about anti airs on GG then lmao.

I'm playing Ky and he's playing Baiken, he picked up GG in the last week so it's only normal for him to lose (not that I'm a good player, I have around 90 hours in Revelator, most of them spended in single player modes and I have started to learn Ky basics in the last week) but I can understand his jealously for Ky's plethora of tools and effectiveness

Well, of course he will feel that he has weak anti airs when playing the char that is balanced and tailred around her own parry mechanic.
    Muttonman wrote: »
    Baiken's AA game is pretty bad, yes. You either need really good timing and spacing on a 6P, to counter their jump in with your guardcancel, do an early run -> P, or meet them in the air. Frankly the best route is probably to do preemptive air tatamis to shut down any air route.

I would add 5k as a getho anti air
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,669
    You know how Sol... have huge, fast normals with almost no hurtboxes

Huh? O_o

What do you have in mind there? Sol's hurtbox-free stuff isn't really huge, just good counterpokes. The high reach stuff is a lot less amazing, barring 5H but you basically need CH or RRC to get anything off that. He has nothing on the oceans of red on things like Ky 5H, 2S, 2H etc. Just compare: Sol, Ky
    Steam/Fightcade:Coffeeling
    Xrd: ? | ST: Claw, Ryu, O.Sagat | 3S: Chun-Li, Akuma
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,989 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I still like Raven's 6P but yeah, it's not the best. Still, it covers his head completely and I still can get combos off of a normal hit depending on how they get hit. It tends to lead to a 5S into a jump combo into j. D where pressure can then be applied.

I dunno why you guys keep responding to this ass clown who refuses to admit he doesn't know what he's talking about.
    This is offensive.
    edited October 23
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I still like Raven's 6P but yeah, it's not the best. Still, it covers his head completely and I still can get combos off of a normal hit depending on how they get hit. It tends to lead to a 5S into a jump combo into j. D where pressure can then be applied.

I dunno why you guys keep responding to this ass clown who refuses to admit he doesn't know what he's talking about.

It is one of the best in the game. 6P after his dash is basically full invul, it's one of the best counter poking tools in the game and requires a really hard call like backdash to beat it. It starts up in 9f and has 1-6f of upper body invul and 7-11f of above the knees invul, that's really good. As an anti air it really compliments his other amazing anti air tools well (5K, 5H, etc). Saying it is one of the worst 6Ps is ludicrous and speaks volumes to the kind of down playing that is taking place here
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,868
    6P after dash will constantly lose to not just normal defensive buttons but gets trashed by counter 6P. Holy hell you're bad at this game.
    edited October 23
    Muttonman wrote: »
    6P after dash will constantly lose to not just normal defensive buttons but gets trashed by counter 6P. Holy hell you're bad at this game.

Then all he needs to do is press another button (c.S for example) and you're blown up, backdashing and whiff punishing is the better option. Stop trying to act like you know shit when you're just carried by raven
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,137
    Stop trying to act like you know shit when you're just carried by raven

And the scrub reveals his true colors. :coffee:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
    edited October 23
    Stop trying to act like you know shit when you're just carried by raven

And the scrub reveals his true colors. :coffee:

No I'm just tired of this dudes constant downplaying. Razor at least acknowledges Ravens strong points, this dude acts like Raven is some bottom tier character. He's literally one of the biggest downplayers I've seen

Like at least with razor he's like "yeah I play top tiers goml" I can respect that, but the other one plays the best character in the game and tries to act like he's playing Pot or some shit
    I've Raven is easily top 5 and I'm treating him like he's bottom tier? You're even worse at arguing on the internet than you are at GG.

And "then he just hits c.S" which also loses to any decent button being stuck out makes no sense. You don't want to backdash because dash 5K blows that up and leads into a solid combo or pressure while being fast (not that great of they can go super low profile though, but that also blows up 6P). Stick out a button with a halfway decent hitbox and active frames and you'll be fine.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,428
    Nobody here has said Raven is a bad character. We're just taking notice of someone comparing Raven's power level to plainly broken characters, while at the same time admitting that the biggest issue with the character is their ease of use, not their power level.
    Komatik wrote: »

Huh? O_o

What do you have in mind there? Sol's hurtbox-free stuff isn't really huge, just good counterpokes. The high reach stuff is a lot less amazing, barring 5H but you basically need CH or RRC to get anything off that. He has nothing on the oceans of red on things like Ky 5H, 2S, 2H etc. Just compare: Sol, Ky

Okay, placing Sol with El and Johnny is just wrong in retrospect, though I still prefer Sol's ground buttons to Raven's.
    Nobody here has said Raven is a bad character. We're just taking notice of someone comparing Raven's power level to plainly broken characters, while at the same time admitting that the biggest issue with the character is their ease of use, not their power level.
    Komatik wrote: »

Huh? O_o

Okay, placing Sol with El and Johnny is just wrong in retrospect, though I still prefer Sol's ground buttons to Raven's.

Sol's buttons are good in a different way. I'll take Raven's poke game over his just about any day assuming Raven doesn't run into all the Gunflames; Sol simply doesn't have anything on Raven's f.S (on CH), 2H, or 2D for active poking. Rather Sol does have amazing counterpokes in his Gunflame, 2S, and 2D; you're baiting them to press a button (so you can't Fafnir or just run in) and punishing them for their insolence. Outside of the Gunflame CH though he doesn't convert that well without meter. Sol definitely has better pressure buttons thanks to two plus on block buttons. He does suffer from somewhat of the same issue as Raven does against some short characters (glaring at Faust) that he has trouble doing a low blockstring which doesn't end his turn on the second hit thanks to 2S not being low.
    Err, yeah you can do his dash into 6P and it's an okay counter but it's by no means the safest thing to do. Raven't lower body is fully vulnerable. Shit, do it too early or too late and you're going to eat a combo.

Raven is annoying to play against. I get it. He's still not invincible. He was definitely stronger before he got the current nerfs, but he's not awful. Once you truly understand how some of his strings work you'll see they aren't really airtight.

And I notice he's top tier. I make no qualms about it. He's just not that good that I'd complain about playing against him. I'm a lot more concerned about Ky and Chipp.
    This is offensive.
    Err, yeah you can do his dash into 6P and it's an okay counter but it's by no means the safest thing to do. Raven't lower body is fully vulnerable. Shit, do it too early or too late and you're going to eat a combo.

Raven is annoying to play against. I get it. He's still not invincible. He was definitely stronger before he got the current nerfs, but he's not awful. Once you truly understand how some of his strings work you'll see they aren't really airtight.

And I notice he's top tier. I make no qualms about it. He's just not that good that I'd complain about playing against him. I'm a lot more concerned about Ky and Chipp.

Dash 6P is basically a f.S/5P callout. It's pretty safe if you don't think they'll backdash due to its gatling, but a backdash punishes it pretty hard. Depending on their jump arc you can air FD block it and a chain slash will whiff.

5K beats backdash/jump, 2K beats blitz, 6P beats f.s/5p, 6H can beat low, throw beats block. The general solution if you see the Raven dash is a 2S as it beats everything, assuming it isn't too low or high profile. A decent 2P or 5K also does wonders.
    edited October 24
    Ky to me is at an acceptable level. He's really fucking strong, but it's not over the top like with Chipp and Raven. Even with Chipp, he's obviously really strong, but he still has to approach through the air at predictable angles despite having low health, so you can blow him up if you're reading where he wants to go. His corner game is probably a bit too strong though. However, at least with Chipp it's only the corner where you die, Raven gets incredibly scary oki from anywhere on the screen, doesn't have to take as much risk in his approach, has more health, has a better conversion game, and has j.S (every bit as obnoxious as Chipp j.D) along with a laundry list of other godlike normals. He's for sure the strongest character in the game right now, even with his ostensible "bad" matchup with Chipp.

With all that said I think they could fix him pretty easily. The big thing is that his normals need to be fixed (they fixed 2H, now they need to fix a few others). In addition to being too dominate, the hurtboxes are set in such a way that makes it almost impossible to defensively burst against Raven (one of the announcers at ArcRev was actually saying that a lot of top players have started to almost exclusively gold burst against Raven for that reason). That's a massive strength, and imo it's a bit much. I also think that he maybe shouldn't get a meterless confirm + kd off a throw considering how strong his oki is; just giving him a KD + time to toss a ball is fine. Anyone have any other ideas/criticism?
    Post edited by drunkards_walk on
    shit

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    We need some more old characters to return. Team Red has different divisions. The group that does GG isn't the same one doing DBFZ (they said it in an interview). Nothing shown at ARC Rev 2017 was discouraging.
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • PsaroPsaro Joined: Posts: 82
    I'd say most likely bet for an announcement of some kind at this point is Evo Japan next January. From the point of view of getting the product out before next Evo proper, that would make sense if the new content is a patch and/or DLC characters. That said, if their plan is to go straight for the next big iteration of Xrd then I wouldn't be surprised if they let Rev2 have a second crack at Evo and wait till then or later for an announcement. They've kinda been teasing at it with the Rev2 after stories but we'll see.
    edited October 28
    It would seem more logical to bring more attention to GG by having something released before Evo Japan. They can already see (from months of gameplay) what tweaks need to be done to the Rev 2 new-comers (Baiken and Answer) and some others. It would seem extremely strange to allow the only two characters that were added to your newest product to remain unused for the most part. New character would be allowed because of the time to train against them.

Evo Japan is going to be the biggest tournament Japan has ever had (It's free to enter and they have access to all of the East Asian region). It would be a waste not to take advantage of that by having the most balanced game possible.

Evo Japan is also dated the same day that DBFZ releases in America. It's absolutely not a good idea to put GG anywhere near that publicity.
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    I suggested Evo Japan because as far as I'm aware, there are no major events between now and then at which ArcSys has enough of a presence to actually announce major new content, and as you said, Evo Japan is going to be a big deal. So, I think it makes plenty sense to announce something big for the game at an event that will capture the attention of much of the Japanese scene, and where Guilty Gear will be one of the main events. It's shaping up to be a big platform for them.

Nothing will realistically be released before Evo Japan. A patch that includes a few tweaks for Answer and Baiken certainly could, but I don't know that I would qualify that as major new content, and I don't think you would either. New content, such as a brand new character(s) or a rebalance, will likely be put through a lengthy location test cycle, which may not be complete and given a general arcade release in time for Evo Japan. A console version certainly wouldn't be out in time, so if Evo Japan isn't an arcade only event then you're screwed. This is also not taking into account that a major rebalance is not likely so soon after Rev2's release.

I think in general you're seriously overstating the impact the balance of the game will have on the game's publicity. The people who care enough about Guilty Gear to know that Answer and Baiken are mostly ass are going to watch anyway, and everyone else is not going to realistically say "wow, those two characters whose names I don't even know aren't being picked, this game must be ass." If people who attend/watch Evo JP aren't feeling GG, then I feel pretty comfortable saying that Answer and Baiken's state is not the reason why. Besides, every reasonable fighting game player knows that every fighting game has some balance issues. Guilty Gear is still very well balanced overall, and the gameplay will speak for itself.

As for DBFZ, I see what you're getting at but I honestly think it's debatable. First of all, as you point out, DBFZ comes out in the west at the same time as an event that is aimed at an eastern community. At worst, you have only westerners not paying attention to Evo JP that day, while any announcement at that time is inherently a commitment to the eastern scene, which won't have DBFZ for about another week. So I fail to see a conflict here. Furthermore, the people that ArcSys can rely on to support the game in the west will not fail to hear about any major announcement due to DBFZ. I know that I, for one, would be pretty hype if in the same day we got DBFZ and a big announcement for the future of Guilty Gear. The only people you're missing out on are the more casual players. Let's be honest with ourselves. These people are not going to pay attention anyway, and you're certainly not going to score any better with them with some random announcement out of the blue this winter. At least once DBFZ is out, you're giving at least some of those people a very concrete reason to care about the fighting game genre and to pay attention to what ArcSys in particular is doing. DBFZ is not competing with GG in this sense. Rather, DBFZ is your best bet to get more people into the ArcSys ecosystem to begin with, and I think there's a point of view here where announcing something for Guilty Gear at the biggest event in Japan on the heels of the release of ArcSys's biggest mainstream project yet is just capitalizing on some serious momentum for the company.
    As a developer, you want to give your products the best chance to sell. That is why releasing GG product is more logical around this current time. Dragon Ball is a global money-maker. one of the reasons Blazblue Central Fiction suffered in sales last year was because of the timing. Way too close to other games that people wanted to purchase. DB will easily take away attention from anything released around the same time-frame. Not many people will buy both GG and DB at the same time especially when DB is completely new and the hype is surrounding it is crazy. It's being covered everywhere. GG didn't even get IGN/Gamespot reviews.

There's obvious confliction. Let the IPs breathe.
    edited October 29
    There is no obvious conflict. You don't get to change the terms of the conversation whenever you feel like it. I never said anything about a release. I said "announcement." Something could be announced at Evo JP and be released a few months from then, before Evo. Kinda like pretty much every announcement they've made for GG, excluding the Evo 2016 patch + Dizzy (though technically, it had been announced that Dizzy was coming a long time before then).

No one should expect a release of new content by next January. That's not even a year since Rev2's release. Besides, if you want to talk about "letting the IPs breathe," releasing something new for GG right now actually makes no sense, by your logic. Why release new content now when GG is just going to be swept under the rug when DBFZ comes out? Who are you even appealing to with new content right now? Really only just the people who are already playing, so good luck getting big sales figures only months after you asked people to open their wallets for Rev2. If anything, you let DBF have its launch, let it get people interested in the ArcSys brand, and then put out new GG content. Again, Evo JP is the best upcoming publicity platform ArcSys has. They don't have any better promotional opportunity in the coming months and they're not going to want to rush out substantial new content in such a limited time.
    Post edited by Psaro on

IF they were to wait over 9 months to add more content to GG, you can pretty much confirm it will be put on the back burner tournament-wise.

DBFZ releases in 3 months. Tell me how that's affecting sales in 2017 please. When DBFZ is on the market, Bamco is going to start a pro tour (something GG has never had) and it's going to take attention away from any GG update released afterward. As people are awaiting DBFZ, you take advantage of the space in between. They've had plenty of time to make at least two new characters. Answer and Baiken were ready back in late January. You don't think they've making other characters after that?
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,855
    Guilty Gear is dead boys

it had to be sacrificed to make DBFZ a reality

sorry y'all
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    grandabx wrote: »
    IF they were to wait over 9 months to add more content to GG, you can pretty much confirm it will be put on the back burner tournament-wise.

DBFZ releases in 3 months. Tell me how that's affecting sales in 2017 please. When DBFZ is on the market, Bamco is going to start a pro tour (something GG has never had) and it's going to take attention away from any GG update released afterward. As people are awaiting DBFZ, you take advantage of the space in between. They've had plenty of time to make at least two new characters. Answer and Baiken were ready back in late January. You don't think they've making other characters after that?
    The problem I'm having right now is that you just sort of seem to be flip flopping all over the place. First you're talking about publicity, then you talk about giving the game the best opportunity to sell, and now apparently it's about tournament presence. Can you please make up your mind or at least write out, clearly, what your actual concern is? Because right now it feels like I'm basically playing wack-a-mole.

Concerning your first point, I have some bad news for you. Xrd has mostly always been and likely will continue to be on the back-burner at tournaments. This is because it is a niche within a niche. Not many people play it, and, if you haven't noticed, a lot of people who have expressed interest in the game have actually been turned off by ArcSys's business model of releasing new content too frequently. So if tournament presence/adoption by a wider range of fighting game players is your concern, you may want to hold off on begging for brand new content just yet.

I'm not trying to say that DBF will impact sales now. What I'm saying is that by releasing now, then, if you're right and DBF takes attention away from GG, you are simply setting up your content for a short, three month lifespan before DBF's launch kills it. Many of the people who play GG will be early adopters of DBF, and you know what everyone else who's not committed to GG is probably going to say? "Wow, ArcSys is charging me for new content, again. Since DBF is coming out soon, I'll just wait for that instead." Look, if DBF kills GG, then it will kill it no matter what you do. I still think DBF can possibly help grow the actual GG scene, by getting people who ordinarily wouldn't be interested in GG to give it a second look. But, if you're convinced that the games will have to compete, then they will compete, and GG will die. This is inevitable. Dragon Ball is a massive IP. GG is, again, a niche within a niche. All I want to know is: why would you play your hand now if you know your opponent still has their ace up their sleeve (namely their launch day)? And, I mean, presumably, you will want more content still down the line somewhere... But if it doesn't matter because of DBF, then why bother? May as well just end the franchise now.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,485
    I doubt dbfz is going to kill GG at all. GG might slow down for a bit but killing it ain't happening.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
    Speaking of Evo japan, what game do you think would be the main final event?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

SFV
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,456
    DBFZ will kill everyone. First MvCI, then GG, and then everyone else.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 146
    MvC:I is already dead.
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

SFV

LOL
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

SFV

LOL

LOL all you want but it's still an EVO event, therefore they'll push SFV
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

SFV

LOL

While is very likely, i think that it will be idiotic to push for a game without a strong scene over there.
    It would be more benefitial if it were Tekken, Xrd or Gundam (if it were there)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

SFV

LOL

While is very likely, i think that it will be idiotic to push for a game without a strong scene over there.

https://smash.gg/tournament/evojapan2018/events

742 entrants, the highest among all other games, the closes one being Rev2, and it's still 350 people behind
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

SFV

LOL

https://smash.gg/tournament/evojapan2018/events

742 entrants, the highest among all other games, the closes one being Rev2, and it's still 350 people behind

Which over half of them are international players.
    I am talking about its prescence on its home country on his fighting game scene here.
    Ultimately what will make the event to get traction is that Evo reflects what is popular over there.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    We really trying to say SFV won't get entrants in Japan?
    This is offensive.
    Also, a lot of you seem to have your heads firmly up your asses. Unless you have marketing or sales experience, I don't want to hear what you think is the best marketing ploy nor does anyone else.
    This is offensive.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,279 mod
    Especially with the arcade cab on the way. The train is coming

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited October 30
    We really trying to say SFV won't get entrants in Japan?

No one is saying that it wouldn't get entrants Ramon :wink:
    Also, a lot of you seem to have your heads firmly up your asses. Unless you have marketing or sales experience, I don't want to hear what you think is the best marketing ploy nor does anyone else.

It is well documented for a while that the most popular games rotate between Tekken, Gundam and the most recent ASW offerings.
    In fact, one of the most popular games right now on multiple arcades centers is Dengeki Bunko Climax, which surprise surprise, is absent on Evo's lineup.

I am talking about the fact that this current lineup is not really representative of their fighting game scene and how this could ultimately hold the event into gaining traction over there.
    Is just common sense, you wouldn't come to latin america to make a sports game tournament and force baseball and an nhl game as the main events when Footbal (Soccer) is the most popular shit around here.
    Especially with the arcade cab on the way. The train is coming
    While this certainly will help the sfv scene there, the fact is that SF games have been lagging begind other games those last years over there.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Angry AbelAngry Abel Joined: Posts: 387
    edited November 1
    Where is it well documented that those games are more popular the SFV? This is the first I've heard such a thing.

I'd have to agree with PVL_93_RU, I think SFV will be the main game. Especially considering the money behind it. It's possible Tekken might overtake it, but I doubt it.