Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- one of life's gilty pleasures

Comments

• grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    So I'll probably get down voted for this opinion, but I don't think we need our own section. The only reason why we starting to have some more discussion is because of the new balance patch and because Drunkard wanted to be ignorant about some shit.

And to be honest those are not very good reasons to have our own section. DBFZ is a brand spanking new game with a lot of the FGC playing it at the moment.

All in all it would be a waste of space, we don't need it. We should be fine with this thread.

???

New/ Returning players/ unified location for specific character talk isn't viable?
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,592
    edited February 9
    Whose returning? Just recently there was a solid weeks or month of little to no talk in this thread. Mostly likely it'll go back to that in the coming weeks.

Look if you guys think it will help to liven up talks about Guilty Gear Xrd, by all means let's get our own section. I just think it would be a waste of space, that's all. . .
    Post edited by Weeaboo on
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,374 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You are likely right.

Just look at Dustloop, that place is deader than dead.

SRK COULD take over that role, but DL already has detailed character data available. The rest are in one massive pool of players on Discord and with other good to great US players opting to fracture off into their own private groups where the tech usually stays until someone posts it on Twitter.

I would just like one place where all the data for the game, and I mean ALL of it, is in one easy-to-search forum.

(This of course hinders on SRK actually being easily searchable instead of the mess Search is at the moment.)
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,402
    Hecatom wrote: »
    I think that is more likely we will get 1 or 2 new characters rather than a new version. Like what happened with Dizzy on Rev1.
    If they do a new version, it will probably involve more than just balance tweaks, new chars and story, since i suspect that they will try to move GG onto their new engine on UE4, so they can take advantage of the newer tech that is not available on UE3.

Where could they take Xrd without adding unnecessary mechanics?

If they add EX moves I swear I'll scream.
    I honestly wouldn't be against Force Breaks coming back. Meter Centric Dust Moves where fun.

I wouldnt say they are needed or anything tho.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,485
    So I'll probably get down voted for this opinion, but I don't think we need our own section. The only reason why we starting to have some more discussion is because of the new balance patch and because Drunkard wanted to be ignorant about some shit.

And to be honest those are not very good reasons to have our own section. DBFZ is a brand spanking new game with a lot of the FGC playing it at the moment.

All in all it would be a waste of space, we don't need it. We should be fine with this thread.

Blazblue has it's own section...
    MvC:I has it's own section (which is a ded game now lul)...
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU RIP Mahvel 2017-2017 Joined: Posts: 11,278
    Can I just mention how great it is that ArcSys isn't doing a yet another paid balance patch?
    Fighting Game Mains:
    - USFIV - Fei Long
    - SFV - Ryu
    - UMVC3 - Akuma/Iron Fist/Ghost Rider
    - KOFXIV - Ryo/Geese/Kim
    - Xrd - Ky & Kum
    - DBFZ* - Trunks/Yamcha/Gohan
    - UNI[ST]* - Enkidu
    - Tekken 7 - Hwoarang & Kazuya
    *to be purchased
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,592
    Neclord wrote: »

Blazblue has it's own section...
    MvC:I has it's own section (which is a ded game now lul)...

*Fine I'll take the bait...*

1. BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle is coming out in a couple of months, so yea. . .

2. This is one of those "you can't be serious?" moments. Don't really have the patience to go there with you.
  • flickyflicky Why do people run from me? Joined: Posts: 1,016
    Why did Dr Baldhead start wearing a paper bag?
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,531 admin
    I hate you all.

But that's just due to jealousy, oh people who actually play a game that will be featured at Evo. :sad:

i film things

Your mans Smash Bros is in twice.

You'll have your choice of all those prime 14-year-old girls.
    Omg GG got it's own section.

@Preppy you da best
  • SkieghSkiegh I am Ryudo Unit 2R Joined: Posts: 445
    The grandfather of anime games finally recognized on SRK, how times have changed.

Now... Let us proceed to do what Anime players do best and play the game instead of posting about it.

Welcome thine tumbleweed!
    I just finished playing a session with a buddy. His Millia is sure annoying but he has no option since A.B.A. isn't in this game.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 59,210 mod
    Preppy wrote: »
    Why does BB and DBFZ get a section now, GG getting left behind?

Guilty Gear should have a section at this point. It's an Evo game and the new sub forum listing is basically "Evo games". If you're an Evo game you should be in that category. I would talk to the admins like Preppy about it.
    Are we going to have more than one GG thread? I don't know the depths of interest in GG.

I mean Injustice should get taken off the list just because the last post for that thread was from 20 days ago. With a guy who made a purposeful bump post and said "plz dont mod me".

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,531 admin

@Preppy you da best
    It took me way too fucking long to go searching through SRK and move all of the GG threads over here. :lol:

If I missed anything useful, PM me or @ me in that thread and I'll move it on over.

At the least, it collects everything in one place for now.

I can't explain Injustice. Think that was before my time. I would like the MK peoples to succeed, but it hasn't been my speed for a long time.

i film things

• Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,396
    wonder if there are supposed to be more loketests for the patch. I have hard time they are going to neuter Chipp that bad and remove his corner game.

Loketests for GG are always weird though. Think it is so when they give your character peanuts or only nerf blatantly OP things they can basically Vader it and be like "Pray I do not alter the deal further".
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson CFN: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 1,848
    Hey guys, I am going to try getting back into GG and trying to main Baiken. I know the update patch is coming out soon and she’s getting some slight buffs, but in the meantime, does anyone have any tips on how to play her in her current form?

I guess I’m mainly looking for basic gameplay strategies, and any tips in the neutral (including AA options and ways to open the opponent).

Thanks in advance.
    CFN & FightCade: OldManRage
    PSN: WhoCares1984
    SRK Warriors Forum: http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,396
    Hey guys, I am going to try getting back into GG and trying to main Baiken. I know the update patch is coming out soon and she’s getting some slight buffs, but in the meantime, does anyone have any tips on how to play her in her current form?

I guess I’m mainly looking for basic gameplay strategies, and any tips in the neutral (including AA options and ways to open the opponent).

Thanks in advance.

Her main strategy now is largely use tatami to create + on block oki and use it to stop approaches with air backdashes.

Punish predictable buttons with parry->sakura for big damage

Use armor run to get throws near the corner for good dmg

??????

Profit

Feel her problem right now is she has a mixture of offensive tools & defensive tools where non of them are super standout. Hope she moves one way or the other stronger post patch.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
    Preppy wrote: »

@Preppy you da best
    It took me way too fucking long to go searching through SRK and move all of the GG threads over here. :lol:

If I missed anything useful, PM me or @ me in that thread and I'll move it on over.

At the least, it collects everything in one place for now.

I can't explain Injustice. Think that was before my time. I would like the MK peoples to succeed, but it hasn't been my speed for a long time.

Yea there were quite a few GG threads. Looks good now. :bee:

Thanks in advance.

I am also still new and I want to main Baiken as well.
    From what I heard it is quite important to learn her IAD Tatami as a get in tool and as a way to approach the opponent mid screen.
    And of course practicing her corner loops. She has some nice corner combos, which require a bit of timing with her air dashes.

These are the 2 things I am practicing right now with her.
  • stronzolostronzolo Joined: Posts: 676
    edited February 11
    @Neclord, you're from EU right? We can play toghter if you want, I'm super bad at GG so don't worry too much about losing.
    You can add me on steam, the nick is stronzolo

Thanks in advance.

I am also still new and I want to main Baiken as well.
    From what I heard it is quite important to learn her IAD Tatami as a get in tool and as a way to approach the opponent mid screen.
    And of course practicing her corner loops. She has some nice corner combos, which require a bit of timing with her air dashes.

These are the 2 things I am practicing right now with her.

Awesome! I will work on these. Thanks
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,751
    edited February 11
    I really suggest checking out the Baiken Discord if you havent already, it has a ton of good info.
    Also check out KeepOnRock as it is a database for finding high level matches for your character of choice.

My 2cents for Baiken corner combos:
    - When doing jSD, delay the D slightly so you go a bit higher, making the followup AirDash more easy
    - On Lights(All female chars) end with a raw Kuchinase(63214~P) instead of doing 5H>Kuchinashi to get hard knockdown
    - On Heavies and Super heavies when doing the followup ardash use either jPSD or jPKD to bring them up a bit so you can connect the 5H>Kuchinashi

There is more detail about it in the Baiken Discord and look at the "pinned" messages of the combo thread. She has a combo google doc.
    DBFZ: A18/Trunks/Yamcha
    GGXrdR2:
     Jam, Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

Great, thanks @LockM. I appreciate the combos and the resources.
    edited February 12
    So what’s the best way to find matches? I guess the GG Discord?

I got offline 30-odd minutes ago and I tried waiting for a Ranked match while in Training and gave up after about 40 minutes without finding a match. According to the Asia, NA, and other lobbies there was only like 39 players online tonight (though I realize that doesn’t include Player Rooms). Now, I was able to play two people in the NA lobbies, but they, understandably, didn’t want to play my newb ass for long.
  • ShahenzanShahenzan to burn beasts Joined: Posts: 333

I got offline 30-odd minutes ago and I tried waiting for a Ranked match while in Training and gave up after about 40 minutes without finding a match. According to the Asia, NA, and other lobbies there was only like 39 players online tonight (though I realize that doesn’t include Player Rooms). Now, I was able to play two people in the NA lobbies, but they, understandably, didn’t want to play my newb ass for long.

The discord is a fairly sure way to get games yeah, but you can usually try to play people in the lobbies or player matches. Thing about Guilty Gear is no one plays ranked mode, so it's not surprising you had to suffer through that wait. Just pretend ranked doesn't exist.
    CFN - Ninebreaker
    PSN - Shahenzan
    Shahenzan wrote: »

The discord is a fairly sure way to get games yeah, but you can usually try to play people in the lobbies or player matches. Thing about Guilty Gear is no one plays ranked mode, so it's not surprising you had to suffer through that wait. Just pretend ranked doesn't exist.

I wonder why people ignore Ranked in GG? I understand why they do it now, but was it like that when there was a larger player-base?

Truthfully, climbing up through ranks is something that motivates me. It allows me to play relatively close matches no matter what skill level I’m at, and gives me clear goals to achieve.
  • ShahenzanShahenzan to burn beasts Joined: Posts: 333
    edited February 12
    I wonder why people ignore Ranked in GG? I understand why they do it now, but was it like that when there was a larger player-base?

Truthfully, climbing up through ranks is something that motivates me. It allows me to play relatively close matches no matter what skill level I’m at, and gives me clear goals to achieve.

The American playerbase just doesn't seem to bother with it and I can't recall a time they ever did. Japanese players play ranked supposedly. Personally I like it being all unranked because it's easier for me to put more positive psychology into it, I guess? I walk away from sets feeling good about my adaptations more than getting upset about losing, and I usually lose a lot against half decent players lol
    CFN - Ninebreaker
    PSN - Shahenzan
    stronzolo wrote: »
    @Neclord, you're from EU right? We can play toghter if you want, I'm super bad at GG so don't worry too much about losing.
    You can add me on steam, the nick is stronzolo

Yea I am from EU.
    Cool, I will add you later when I am home!

I get what you mean.
    Having a goal is always nice, but you can have that too in games without ranked matches imo.
    Like, can you beat the people in your lobby consistently? Do you still go 0-10 against the same player, or maybe next time you can even take a match from her/him, or just trying different moves in different situations, does it work this time? etc. Stuff like this is more important than points imo.

Because in the end, the ranked matches are way too short in most games and often times don't really determine who is the better player. It's usually more about tryharding instead of actually learning. Depends on the player of course. But I learn more from long relaxed sets instead of short matches, where my mind is always like "hopefully I don't lose points". (well I get that you shouldn't worry about points in general, but I always do, can't turn that off in my head, feelsbadman)

I feel like outside of ranked, I can focus more on the important parts of the game and actually learn something.
    When I take SFV for example, ranked is so stressful and anti-fun at times, I barely play it these days. And quite a lot of people dropped ranked for these reasons (last time I played SFV ranked I was getting matched with the same 3-4 people in like 3 hours).

Those are good points @Neclord and I agree that SFV ranked can be stressful and you can lose sight of what's important. You do actually mention good points regarding goals in GG.

I do wish that I was getting matched up with people that are closer to my skill level though because the people I played did not seem to want to play me for long, and I ran out of opponents quickly.

But with the smaller player-base, I guess I can't be picky. Just need to up my game, do a lot of work in training, and try to find other newer plays to play here or on Discord. Thanks.
  • GetTheTablesGetTheTables Joined: Posts: 604
    Those are good points @Neclord and I agree that SFV ranked can be stressful and you can lose sight of what's important. You do actually mention good points regarding goals in GG.

I do wish that I was getting matched up with people that are closer to my skill level though because the people I played did not seem to want to play me for long, and I ran out of opponents quickly.

But with the smaller player-base, I guess I can't be picky. Just need to up my game, do a lot of work in training, and try to find other newer plays to play here or on Discord. Thanks.

@KingCrimson I'm game for GG anytime. Just hit me up. Even with all the new shiny FGs Rev 2 still has my heart.

My initial problem in this game is picking someone to focus on. At this point I just need to pick one of the couple characters I've messed around with and put time in.
    CFN: GetTheTables

KingCrimson I'm game for GG anytime. Just hit me up. Even with all the new shiny FGs Rev 2 still has my heart.

My initial problem in this game is picking someone to focus on. At this point I just need to pick one of the couple characters I've messed around with and put time in.

Thanks Tables, I am definitely up for some matches. I do need more practice though. It's been a while since I played GG and I only started playing this weekend for the first time with a stick and really need to get used to the new button configuration... It was probably a little pre-emptive for me to look for matches yesterday anyway, but I just wanted to get out of Training for a bit and see what the player-base was like.

I am currently learning Baiken as well. I know we talked previously about her maybe not being the best character for me, but I really love her character design so I want to make it work, even if it's an uphill battle.

I like playing Kum as well though, and he's probably a better character for me to learn, just because his gameplan is a little more SF like and it'll be an easier transition for me. It probably wouldn't hurt to get decent with both to see who may be a better fit...

I'm also unsure what I'm going to do with SFV at this point. I'm way too shitty at FG's to play multiple ones so I think I just need to pick with one and stick to it, but maybe learn two different characters for some variety.
  • GetTheTablesGetTheTables Joined: Posts: 604

KingCrimson I'm game for GG anytime. Just hit me up. Even with all the new shiny FGs Rev 2 still has my heart.

Thanks Tables, I am definitely up for some matches. I do need more practice though. It's been a while since I played GG and I only started playing this weekend for the first time with a stick and really need to get used to the new button configuration... It was probably a little pre-emptive for me to look for matches yesterday anyway, but I just wanted to get out of Training for a bit and see what the player-base was like.

I am currently learning Baiken as well. I know we talked previously about her maybe not being the best character for me, but I really love her character design so I want to make it work, even if it's an uphill battle.

I like playing Kum as well though, and he's probably a better character for me to learn, just because his gameplan is a little more SF like and it'll be an easier transition for me. It probably wouldn't hurt to get decent with both to see who may be a better fit...

I'm also unsure what I'm going to do with SFV at this point. I'm way too shitty at FG's to play multiple ones so I think I just need to pick with one and stick to it, but maybe learn two different characters for some variety.

Hey man, play whoever you like. I don't think tiers are as important when you're starting out and everyone is doing low intensity stuff anyways, and its way more important to like the character you're playing and be excited to work on your skills. There is also that upcoming patch which may be good for Baiken, but hell if I've played enough Rev 2 to understand what those changes are really gonna do for anyone.

Playing multiple FGs can actually do a lot for you in the long run. Like you aren't going to build specific game skills as fast but I think trying multiple FGs helps to illuminate and reinforce fundamentals since those carry across pretty much everything (though specific implementations may vary). Plus it is always nice to have an alternate to switch to as a palette cleanser.
    CFN: GetTheTables
    I'm really thinking of picking up Ramlethal. Do you think I should wait to see what's changed or jump in now?
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
  • M1XM1X 04'er Joined: Posts: 149
    grandabx wrote: »
    I'm really thinking of picking up Ramlethal. Do you think I should wait to see what's changed or jump in now?

Jump in and get a feel for her.
    She's got a lot of random unique things about her. Controlling her swords takes time, so the sooner you start, the better.
    PSN: m1x4h
    I play Venom in Guilty Gear.
    I was following a number of Japanese GG players but....look, if you like loli shit that's between you and your Maker. But I don't wanna see that shit pop up on my feed every time you like it.

Twitter really needs to get rid of public likes.
    I was following a number of Japanese GG players but....look, if you like loli shit that's between you and your Maker. But I don't wanna see that shit pop up on my feed every time you like it.

TweetDeck.
    M1X wrote: »

She's got a lot of random unique things about her. Controlling her swords takes time, so the sooner you start, the better.

Thanks for the help!

?

What happen?

Thanks for the help!

?

What happen?

Twitter gives you a list of "posts people you followed like" kinda like what Facebook does.
    TweetDeck gets rid of that post.

But yeah, if you follow some people for stuff, but they clickin like on some shady stuff, you see that stuff in your timeline. I used to follow LostSoul for instance, but his furry obsesssion got me getting looks at work.

Thanks for the help!

?

What happen?

Twitter gives you a list of "posts people you followed like" kinda like what Facebook does.
    TweetDeck gets rid of that post.

But yeah, if you follow some people for stuff, but they clickin like on some shady stuff, you see that stuff in your timeline. I used to follow LostSoul for instance, but his furry obsesssion got me getting looks at work.

I know exactly what you're talking about. lol!