"You think I'm afraid of heights?" - The Batgirl Thread

CelerityCelerity Professional NecrodancerJoined: Posts: 798
Hey guys, I figured I'd make this thread so we can put our findings here instead of general discussion.

I'm just about to get into the lab with her, I'll post what I come up with soon!
(P4AU) Marie :::: (UNIEL) Vatista :::: (BB) Izayoi/Rachel :::: (USF4) Juri

Comments

• rainlessrainless Joined: Posts: 209
    Here's just the BEGINNING of a combo:

2,1,BB+MB,u/f+2,DD+X

And if you MB *that* then the opponent is stranded
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,777
    edited May 2013
    here's one that'll do a good amount (haven't landed it but i know for a fact it'll work)

b2u3, d2 xx BF1, walk up, b3, j2, 11 xx BF3

should do roughly 31% and it's a good meterless combo

she doesn't seem to do a lot of damage but her mix-up potential is absurd
  • CelerityCelerity Professional Necrodancer Joined: Posts: 798
    rainless wrote: »
    Here's just the BEGINNING of a combo:

2,1,BB+MB,u/f+2,DD+X

And if you MB *that* then the opponent is stranded

If you're going to spend meter, you can cancel ground strings into Flying Bat[MB]. Example:

2 1 2 xx Flying Bat[MB], D2 xx Bola, Stuff

It seems like D2 xx Bola is her main way of getting high damage combos, but if you wait until the end of the combo to use it, you can get a standing reset instead. In the corner, you can link F2 3 multiple times for high damage.
  • Wise Fox SpiritWise Fox Spirit New Fighter Joined: Posts: 154
    From the thread on TYM:
    Mid-screen

b+2u+3 > b+2u+3 > d+2 xx BF1 > b+3 > J2 > 11 xx DB2U (31%)
    b+2u+3 > b+2u+3 > J2 > f+21 xx DF2 MB > f+21 xx DB2U (41%)

b+12 > d+2 xx BF1 > b+3 > J3 > 212 xx DB2U (27%)
    b+12 > 212 xx DF2 MB > 212 xx DB2U (36%)

d+2 xx BF1 > b+3 > J3 > 212 xx DB2U (24%)

f+12 xx BF3 MB > b+3 > J3 > f+23 xx DB2 (36%)

DD3 MB > dash b+3 > J2 > d+2 xx BF1 > J2 > f+212 xx DB2 (25%)

DF2 MB > 212 xx DB2U (27%)

BF1 > dash MB > b+3 > J3 > 212 xx DB2D3 (32%)

J+2 f+2,3 xx D,F,2 MB D+2 xx B,F,1 DASH B+3 J+2 F+2,1 xx D,B,2,U (41%)

f+3 > J2 > f+212 xx DB2U (31%)
    f+3 > J2 > 212 xx DF2 MB > f+21 xx DB2U (38%)

b+3 > J3 > 212 xx DF2 MB > f+21 xx DB2U (41%)

Corner

b+1 xx DB2U3 > f+23 > f+23 xx DF2 MB > f+23 xx DF2 (51%)

f+21 xx DB2U3 > f+23 > f+23 xx DB2U (45%)
    f+21 xx DB2U3 > f+23 > f+23 xx DF2 MB > f+23 xx DB2U (53%)

f+23 > f+212 > f+212 xx DB2U (38%)
    XBL: Wise Fox Spirit
    Injustice : DeathStroke, Wonder Woman.
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    Oscar Wilde
  • Wise Fox SpiritWise Fox Spirit New Fighter Joined: Posts: 154
    Also I found out that: You can get 2 dash in + MB from a bolo full screen.
    So: Bolo> Dashx2> Mb> b3>j3>212>db2 32%
    XBL: Wise Fox Spirit
    Injustice : DeathStroke, Wonder Woman.
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    Oscar Wilde
    An alternative to B3 > J3 > 212 > DB2 is B3 > J2 > B2 U3 > 2 xx DB2U. It only does ~.3% extra damage, so definitely not worth it, but it's a combo route to play around with. I feel like more damage is possible somehow.

Annoyingly, if you do B2 U3 off a jump-in, you have to delay the U3 somewhat for no good reason. Keeps messing up my timing.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,972 mod
    Basically works like this:

In Injustice, you can't link ground strings (except under special circumstances), so when you get a ground string that ends in, say +10 on hit, the only thing the opponent can do for 10 frames is block. Batgirl has ways to end her combos in Bola, which restands and ties up the opponent, allowing you to follow up with something like J2, 1 1 1.

Now, 1 1 1 is +22 on hit, meaning you have 22 frames to do whatever you want, but it won't combo. So now you either do B1 (14F low) or B2 (15F overhead) and they're forced to eat the mixup. If it hits, you combo into bola again, J2, 1 1 1, repeat.
    Oh yeah, another thing I forgot to mention:

Using a similar trick to the above, you can reset the combo counter before an MB bola by whiffing any normal. This creates an unblockable reset. Example:

B1 2, B2 U3, D2 xx BF1, 1(whiff), MB(activate bola), B3, J2, D2 xx BF1, 1(whiff), MB(activate bola), B3, J3, 2 1 2 xx DB2U = 90% damage for 2 bars
  • SkeletrollSkeletroll Banned Joined: Posts: 1,267
    So why does MB Bolo cost no meter, or am I missing something?
    Skeletroll wrote: »
    So why does MB Bolo cost no meter, or am I missing something?

Just a bug. Don't get too used to it (or the bola reset), as I'm sure they'll get patched soon. :)

• Lord GodfreyLord Godfrey Joined: Posts: 215
    Have such a hard time landing a B3 after a MB BF3, can't even mash it out.
    Mashing it out is never a good way to land combos, you'll be more accurate if you do it normally.

The recovery point is immediately after her last punch connects, it's actually really easy if you watch her punches.
    Just to clarify, the hotfix only took out the infinite and the unblockable reset right? Her vortexes are still in?
    Correct. If they removed the vortex, she'd instantly be the worst character in the game.
  • KillaFoxKillaFox I wish a nigga would on every candle. Joined: Posts: 2,207
    edited May 2013
    Batgirl is pretty damn good.

Ending any string that would leave you negative with bf3 makes you +1 instead.

How are you all getting in from fullscreen? not with dd3
    edited May 2013
    KillaFox wrote: »

Lots of blocking and dashing behind batarangs. If they give you a window, you can DB3~1 or DD3. Gotta be patient though, don't jump ever.

As for BF3, it's not tight from the majority of strings, and it can get you punished. I wouldn't make a habit out of using it. I think B1 and 212 are the only practical blockstrings, and 21 works as a frametrap.
  • HighOnPCPHighOnPCP Say Whut?! Joined: Posts: 107
    Made a quick Batgirl combo vid, 50% meterless & more
    hope you like it

That last combo is far from useless. but good shit.
    Celerity wrote: »

Lots of blocking and dashing behind batarangs. If they give you a window, you can DB3~1 or DD3. Gotta be patient though, don't jump ever.

As for BF3, it's not tight from the majority of strings, and it can get you punished. I wouldn't make a habit out of using it. I think B1 and 212 are the only practical blockstrings, and 21 works as a frametrap.

I have really been straying away from using unsafe strings. While the +1 is nice, some people can interrupt like you said.

Also on Medium to bigs, you can get a meaty j.2 during the mix-up portion of the vortex. Also dash+throw is another ender.

Her vortex is the strongest in the game.

• HighOnPCPHighOnPCP Say Whut?! Joined: Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    i mean not useless but it requires 2 bars for 39% off of the same starter as the 39% meterless combo you know? it's just for style purposes but that it gets DONE lol, looks super sick imo
  • FaceMeAndBeBrokenFaceMeAndBeBroken FUCK JAPANESE STICKS Joined: Posts: 3,518
    Just got her, she's pretty fun. Since I'm playing on 360 pad my combos are gonna be more simple. But still usually 31-34% for 1 bar. Good enough.

XBL/PSN DiegoElFuego

Will play
    (PS4): KOF14, Skullgirls, Blasterz, DBXV2
    (360): MVC2, MVC:O
    (XB1): Everything else non FG's
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,580
    So apparently Batgirl's dd+3 is very punishable and shouldn't be overused. It can be blocked, meaning it would unwise to spam it over and over again. However, my friend who uses Joker only blocked it once and I use as a counter/punisher whenever he's about to fire his pistol. I tend to watch the animation as well. Plus, I just simple rush him down with her 1,1,2 and her batarangs seeing he likes to press buttons and eventually he ends up in a corner. However, he did use Joker's teeth trap once whenever I teleport.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
    Yea you barely should be using dd+3. I think its -16 or somthing like that. Which equals full combo or a punish at least from all the cast.

Use dd+3 to keep the fight on the ground.
    Yea you barely should be using dd+3. I think its -16 or somthing like that. Which equals full combo or a punish at least from all the cast.

Use dd+3 to keep the fight on the ground.
    I learned when I realized it could be blocked (of course). I just use it as soon as Joker's about to fire his pistol, so that way my opponent can't block it in time. Other than that, I just poke and dash.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,380
    Soooo, what exactly does Batgirl's Trait do?
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • HisNameIsLHisNameIsL Your best friend Joined: Posts: 518
    edited June 2013
    DD+3 is a free full screen punish on a LOT of shit. It's a great tool if you can bait people to jump or press a button. It should definitely be abused as much as your opponent allows for. It's really good. Also, you can catch people jumping at you or anti-airing you by doing Bat Evade, waiting for them to jump/press a button, and then super.
    Got that right... Played some Wonder Woman who was content with flying away and running the entire time... Instead of chasing her, I baited her jumps/air dashes with battarangs and used DD+3/MB to get free damage... She had no idea what to do after her plan stopped working.

It increases her chip damage. It's not a big difference, but I think it is slightly better than keeping the claws on. Just activate knuckles as soon as you can and keep them on.

Claws = ~2-4% extra damage per combo
    Knuckles = ~2% chip damage per blocked string
    edited June 2013

It increases her chip damage. It's not a big difference, but I think it is slightly better than keeping the claws on. Just activate knuckles as soon as you can and keep them on.

Claws = ~2-4% extra damage per combo
    Knuckles = ~2% chip damage per blocked string
    I prefer the knuckles compared to her claw. The increased chip damage does wonders if you can keep up the momentum while you're rushing down your opponent.

So even though I don't own the game, I run Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Killer Frost, and Batgirl. Batgirl might just have to be my main.
    Did anybody else realize that you can charge/hold and Dash Cancel Batgirl's Bolo? Probably useless but, just throwing it out there...

Yup. Her dash recovers very quickly, so full screen you can do stuff like (Charge Bola) > Dash > Dash >DB3 or DD3 when they get jumpy.
    I had that in mind but, I'm not sure if DD3 would come out before they landed.

No, use DB3 if they actually jump, use DD3 if you think they're going to press buttons.
    No, use DB3 if they actually jump, use DD3 if you think they're going to press buttons.
    Well, I know a lot of people who like to press buttons and can't seem to get out of corners, so I'm about to have a field day.
  • TheDangerRangerTheDangerRanger Joined: Posts: 13
    Hey guys, i found this

b2, d3 j2 >whatever.

you have a very good frame advantage to do a safe jump, its pretty ambiguous. If you delay the j2, it will cross up, and if you press it early it will hit in front. its a bit simpler, not as good version of her vortex.
    Sf4 = Rufus, Deejay
    Sfv = Nash, Ken
    Umvc3 = Nova, Sentinel, Akuma
    Mkx = Kung Jin - clear