If you guys want a CVS2:OE, tell Iron Galaxy!

CAPSTONeOGCAPSTONeOG Joined: Posts: 38
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Iron-Galaxy-Studios/345423010494

Go there and fill their inbox with requests for a CvS2:OE. They will forward it to Capcom, and that will increase our chances for getting it.

Don't be lazy, it'll take only a minute!
The love of money is the root of all evil...

Comments

• LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    I'm kinda' meh over it considering IG's history with the other titles and Capcom's usual fuckery.

I'm glad that 3SOE is getting patched and fixes most of the glaringly obvious bugs and adds some common sense features but why the fuck did it take 2 years to happen?

Heard the Marvel titles had speed issues and how hard would it have been to implement 4 player MVC1? You could do that on Kaillera back in the day.

I don't condemn a CVS2:OE by Iron Galaxy but at the same time I'm far from hype.
    STOMP!
  • CAPSTONeOGCAPSTONeOG Joined: Posts: 38
    Honestly though, who cares about MvC1? Marvel: Origins was overall a terrible idea to release in the place of CvS2, and I'm not surprised it did poorly in sales. It should have been obvious it wouldn't sell. MvC2 is a MUCH better game by such a huge margin, and it was already available.

3s:OE is a good port, and will be even better once the patch hits. I really have no complaints for it, as the differences are very small, and do not impact the actual game that much (except for the audio bugs that mess up my hit confirms).

As for CvS2:OE, I think IG should definitely get on it. We haven't had a proper way to play CvS2 online since Xbox, but even then it wasn't proper by a long shot.

Please give them a chance, they are better than us NOT having a decent online version, and from how they did on 3sOE, it looks like they really try hard to please the OG crowd, even though they might have messed up some minor things.
    CAPSTONeOG wrote: »

3s:OE is a good port

You are wrong. You are so wrong you have no idea how wrong you are.
    STOMP!
    Cool, wanna play me and show me how much I don't know about 3s?
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,633
    @snaaake.

Condiering all the love SRK supposedly shows for CVS2 I don't know if this thread will blow up or be more deserted than the comic book forum.

AE/UMVC era players clamor for classic and/or new game....then doesn't buy :rofl:
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    @snaaake.

Condiering all the love SRK supposedly shows for CVS2 I don't know if this thread will blow up or be more deserted than the comic book forum.

AE/UMVC era players clamor for classic and/or new game....then doesn't buy :rofl:

I hope it does blow up.

I think the era you mentioned are discouraged too easily. The SF games they are growing up with give them such a high with such little effort, but when they play a true OG game and can't instantly stop being bodied by the "basics" *haha* they have learned, they stop playing.

True warriors are hard to come by, especially when the money incentive for the new era of games is so high.

Love of money easily outweighs competitive drive in today's world.
    Sometimes I really hate Eventhubs.
    STOMP!
  • YariX0083YariX0083 @RaasuX Joined: Posts: 141

Go there and fill their inbox with requests for a CvS2:OE. They will forward it to Capcom, and that will increase our chances for getting it.

Done.
    YariX0083 wrote: »

Done.

Awesome! Please let all your True Warrior friends know!
    Sometimes I really hate Eventhubs.

What did Eventhubs do?
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 1,112
    As long as the online is good an the game plays the same as the arcade,PC,or PS2 version then I'm good now time to fill that thing out.
    SF5 Mains:Karin/Chun
    GGXrd Mains:May
    As long as the online is good an the game plays the same as the arcade,PC,or PS2 version then I'm good now time to fill that thing out.

Agreed. Don't mess with RCs or timings, and don't give us Ex-Groove or Easy Operations lol.

Just Online is all we need!
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    I just want a reliable port on a current gen system. The best options now are DC/PS2, but none of the scene around here even has sticks for those now. I could get people to play/practice easily if it was available for x360/ps3. We've tried emulators, but none of them work quite right.

I miss cvs2 :/
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • YariX0083YariX0083 @RaasuX Joined: Posts: 141
    Best emu version I've played so far is w/ NullDC. Only a few graphic hiccups every now and then. Sound kinda skips when you get a KO, but that's about it.
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,730
    are we ever gonna get the YT sharing 3SOE has on MvCO? otherwise whats the point of saving replys
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    edited May 2013
    jedpossum wrote: »
    "I want a port of game let's send messages to a company that doesn't have the rights to either property to make it happen" the thread.
    I've contacted IG and they have said our requests get forward to Capcom.
  • OneFrameLinkOneFrameLink Bringing better tech to the FGC Joined: Posts: 13
    edited June 2013
    NickRocks wrote: »
    are we ever gonna get the YT sharing 3SOE has on MvCO? otherwise whats the point of saving replys

I'm sorry, but IG completely fucked up the YT uploading. Given that you can get at max 360p quality (on PS3, on X-Box you have to upload to a dedicated channel and it allows 240p max) you can't even get a decent video.

What they should have done is the following:

- Enter the YouTube credentials the first time you want to upload. Console authenticates with YouTube via OAuth and stores credentials and/or access token linked to your account on the console for future uploads.
    - Default title for video to be uploaded is "<gamertag1> [<character1>] vs. <gamertag2> [<character2>] <date & time> <platform>". This is the default, but give user the option to override if they want.
    - Give user option of quality of video to upload. Understand the user is cognisant of the fact that it will take longer for higher quality videos (to render on the machine and to upload). Store the last choice and make it the default.
    - Allow user to upload with one button assuming defaults.

And then the video would render and upload (while you wait a gajillion years to transcode).

If IG really wanted to make it godlike, then they would make it even better by setting up a server to do the rendering and transcoding. Basically, all the steps would be the same as the above. The server would act on your behalf, but instead of having your machine perform the rendering and transcoding, the console would send the match state to the server which would then render and transcode and upload the video on your behalf (think of it like how you see replays instantly on AE, you aren't downloading video, you download the match states and the engine replays it).

The upload would be quick, and they'd have beefy servers which could handle the rendering and transcoding much better than your console could.

Once the video is uploaded, it sends a message back to your account indicating its done along with a link.

The latter would require a bit of money on IG's part, and be costly to maintain, but given infinite resources, that's what I envision the ideal way for it to be done with current-gen console technology.

Post edited by OneFrameLink on
    <a href="http://blog.oneframelink.com/what-is-one-frame-link/" title="CLICK IT! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!">Making the FGC better, THROUGH SCIENCE!</a>
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    "I want a port of game let's send messages to a company that doesn't have the rights to either property to make it happen" the thread.

It's more than just Capcom.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• OlanOlan get me an apple, bitch Joined: Posts: 278
    I sent a message. been so long since i been able to play some cvs2

It's more than just Capcom.

It's better than making an online petition. Capcom has sway with SNK. Learn to accept when your argument has been crushed.
    edited May 2013
    Olan wrote: »
    I sent a message. been so long since i been able to play some cvs2

Yeah man thanks for your help. I've been fiending for this game forever. I even asked my local arcade if I could buy a copy and have them install it and they said NO like whaaaat?
    "Sway with SNK" LMAO an agreement to put up the ps2 version of CvS2 with Sony's laggy PS2 emulator = sway. Other than that you have nothing to note on the business deals they have together if any at all. All you have is rumors.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

• OlanOlan get me an apple, bitch Joined: Posts: 278
    the arcade i used to work at in RI had it and mvc2 and tekken 6, but it got flooded a couple years back and closed forever, so many good times in that place.
    Snip

Yes, I agree. I was let down by the failure of a YT option in 3sO

But honestly, I'm pretty happy having the game to play online, and I don't really care all that much about putting videos up online. It would have been nice, but "oh well" is kinda how I feel.
  • mr.sagatmr.sagat OG Vegas Titan Joined: Posts: 1,697
    I just want a reliable port on a current gen system. The best options now are DC/PS2, but none of the scene around here even has sticks for those now. I could get people to play/practice easily if it was available for x360/ps3. We've tried emulators, but none of them work quite right.

I miss cvs2 :/

Guess I'm old school. I have two ps2 sticks, one is a modded dreamcast agetec stick, and I still play CVS2 on my modded ps2. lol Just won a money match yesterday :)

• EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    As much as I love CvS2. I think I'd rather they do CvS3 and leave CvS2 alone. Even if they released an arcade perfect port people would quickly lose interest just like every other classic port to xbox/ps3. If they did an arcade perfect port and gave the option of using a new rebalanced version of CvS2 (hopefully with Roll cancels left in unlike EO) I think interest would spike and last a little longer than a straight port but again it would die off, especially since top players would likely immediately discard the rebalance as bad due to losing all the tech they developed over the last 12years (which is a legitimate complaint even if the game ended up more balanced that is a lot of time invested to lose which is why I think the max time you can wait for a rebalance to be accepted by the community is 2years between updates.)

Simply put there is no good situation where the time/effort/resources put into porting CvS2 wouldn't be better spent working on CvS3.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • Mr. UnbrockableMr. Unbrockable I like Thomas the Tank Engine Joined: Posts: 1,434
    Cool, wanna play me and show me how much I don't know about 3s?

He means the port is bad, and quite frankly Capcom didn't deliver the experience they promised.

Rattle Rattle thunder clatter boom boom boom
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,843
    Eternal wrote: »
    As much as I love CvS2. I think I'd rather they do CvS3 and leave CvS2 alone. Even if they released an arcade perfect port people would quickly lose interest just like every other classic port to xbox/ps3. If they did an arcade perfect port and gave the option of using a new rebalanced version of CvS2 (hopefully with Roll cancels left in unlike EO) I think interest would spike and last a little longer than a straight port but again it would die off, especially since top players would likely immediately discard the rebalance as bad due to losing all the tech they developed over the last 12years (which is a legitimate complaint even if the game ended up more balanced that is a lot of time invested to lose which is why I think the max time you can wait for a rebalance to be accepted by the community is 2years between updates.)

Simply put there is no good situation where the time/effort/resources put into porting CvS2 wouldn't be better spent working on CvS3.

Except Iron Galaxy would be the one in charge of a CvS2 port. They have no input when it comes to CvS3. There's very little to no conflict of interest. In fact, if Capcom and SNK decided to go ahead and let CvS3 rock, there's a 99% chance that Capcom would immediately commission IG to do a CvS2 port.

The time, effort and resources are going to mostly be coming from IG's end on CvS2. Work on that would have no bearing on getting CvS3 out sooner, later or ever other than if they decided to use it as a gauge of support.

And it's no surprise that IG wants the people to tell Capcom to commission a CvS2 port. This would be a career defining move for IG to potentially make up for any and all negativity that came from 3S:OE.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ...can I play
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,669
    If this game became a reality, I would want a good training mode with input display and an actually viable trial mode. The one we got in 3SOE was just dumb. I would want the trial mode to be a tool used to help new players learn the combo mechanics like SF4 and Marvel 3. I would rather have the "vault" taken away so these features could be focused on, but its IG so we already know how the port would look like.

I've played this game a handful of times at an arcade cab in a restaurant and on an emulator but its hard to play people like this. CvS2OE should have been the game to be released a long time ago, not Origins and Darkstalkers. If this game manages to get ported, I would love to learn how to play it seriously.
  • IglooBobIglooBob Bob the builder Joined: Posts: 4,039
    all the ports of the big Capcom old games (ST, 3s, MVC2) have been lacking in one way or another. I don't think you'd get what you want even if they tried. it's cool that IG kind of lucked into making 3SOE be closer to arcade speed than PS2, because in every other way it is a worse port.
    IglooBob wrote: »
    all the ports of the big Capcom old games (ST, 3s, MVC2) have been lacking in one way or another. I don't think you'd get what you want even if they tried. it's cool that IG kind of lucked into making 3SOE be closer to arcade speed than PS2, because in every other way it is a worse port.

ST that was from Sirlin's ego getting in the way. At least, you didn't get some mechanic changes.

MvC2 is a mess there is no way you're going to get that game perfect to what ever version you were trying to emulate. MvC2 is that big of a mess.

3SOE they learned how hard it was to make a good port and they learned a lot as you see with the next two releases.
    I know DS:R is good port sure they left out some things but it was ps2 stuff they left out(selecting the recolored stages) and fixed some stuff like the alternate display for training mode.

• geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,084
    Roll super till death.

BTW @SNAAAAKE did you played my cousin Victor?
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
    yeah I did. he's a solid player no doubt. he should have been playing more when cvs2 was actually active around here. totally missed out on some REALLY good times/tournaments. he has a good chance of beating just about anyone(except maybe jwong who isn't even east coast anymore) and sanford if he steps it up a bit(he's rusty now a days)

• wtbrianwtbrian Joined: Posts: 33
    lets go im sending this to all my friends lets get cvs2:OE
    is this any effective at all? I can pay someone $5 to send FB messages from like 500 accounts. legit and everything lol..

• wtbrianwtbrian Joined: Posts: 33
    SNAAAAKE wrote: »
    is this any effective at all? I can pay someone $5 to send FB messages from like 500 accounts. legit and everything lol..
    are you the snaaake from the skillionaire tournament at next level