If you guys want a CVS2:OE, tell Iron Galaxy!

Comments

• wtbrianwtbrian Joined: Posts: 33
    SNAAAAKE wrote: »
    is this any effective at all? I can pay someone $5 to send FB messages from like 500 accounts. legit and everything lol..
    give it a shot mang

• CAPSTONeOGCAPSTONeOG Joined: Posts: 38
    I contacted IG about how we could get them to make CvS2 and they said that everyone who requests CvS2 will have their messages forwarded to Capcom directly, through IG, which is probably a better course to take than us just trying to message Capcom directly, and having it get lost in the millions of emails they probably never check.
    The love of money is the root of all evil...
    sweet i hope this method could atleast show capcoms that the fans want to see this game return
    Lets get CvS2, and lets support the heck out of it. Not like how the previous tournament organizers have done before by hosting a month of tournies for the games, and then forgetting them.

The FGC is dying for MvC2, 3s and CvS2 to become the standard for tournaments again. I'm sure I'm not alone in being bored to tears when watching streams of majors these days. One you get past the "pretty graphics", there is no real substance, especially when you understand how the games work.

These games were constantly dynamic, and you could actually see people being mind controlled by their opponents haha.

These games need to be a comeback, and I think CvS2 is integral in transitioning 09ers to the OG scene.
    make sure when you guys message IG on facebook to let them know why you guys want the game to return cuz they just messaged me saying "It's not up to us, it's up to Capcom. Did someone post to spam us with this question somewhere?" sooo yea state a reason why and lets hope for the best
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    Capcom vs SNK 2
    Public Awareness Campaign

OE, EO: Know the difference!
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    They actually responded to me. They said it's unlikely due to how their recent games have sold. :/
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • YariX0083YariX0083 @RaasuX Joined: Posts: 141
    CAPSTONeOG wrote: »
    I contacted IG about how we could get them to make CvS2 and they said that everyone who requests CvS2 will have their messages forwarded to Capcom directly, through IG, which is probably a better course to take than us just trying to message Capcom directly, and having it get lost in the millions of emails they probably never check.

Yeah, they said the same thing to me on FB. Either way, I think Capcom will hesitant to support it because of how DSR didn't meet their expectations. I still wonder why they even made MvCO honestly.
  • PatakaReadaPatakaReada Over Flowers Joined: Posts: 1,458
    Probably trying to get a trickle left out of that marvel license
    "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. But not Hip-Hop yo"
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Eternal wrote: »
    As much as I love CvS2. I think I'd rather they do CvS3 and leave CvS2 alone. Even if they released an arcade perfect port people would quickly lose interest just like every other classic port to xbox/ps3. If they did an arcade perfect port and gave the option of using a new rebalanced version of CvS2 (hopefully with Roll cancels left in unlike EO) I think interest would spike and last a little longer than a straight port but again it would die off, especially since top players would likely immediately discard the rebalance as bad due to losing all the tech they developed over the last 12years (which is a legitimate complaint even if the game ended up more balanced that is a lot of time invested to lose which is why I think the max time you can wait for a rebalance to be accepted by the community is 2years between updates.)

Simply put there is no good situation where the time/effort/resources put into porting CvS2 wouldn't be better spent working on CvS3.

Except Iron Galaxy would be the one in charge of a CvS2 port. They have no input when it comes to CvS3. There's very little to no conflict of interest. In fact, if Capcom and SNK decided to go ahead and let CvS3 rock, there's a 99% chance that Capcom would immediately commission IG to do a CvS2 port.

The time, effort and resources are going to mostly be coming from IG's end on CvS2. Work on that would have no bearing on getting CvS3 out sooner, later or ever other than if they decided to use it as a gauge of support.

And it's no surprise that IG wants the people to tell Capcom to commission a CvS2 port. This would be a career defining move for IG to potentially make up for any and all negativity that came from 3S:OE.

Uhhh I guess you don't quite understand how things work in this.

Resources include things like getting a hold of the original code base (Requires Capcom) dealing with potential QA issues (Requires Capcom) PAYING for the project (Requires Capcom, this isn't done on IGs dime Capcom contracts them and pays them.) a contract with SNK Playmore (Requires SNK Playmore and Capcom) and many many other things. This isn't as simple as "Hey IG, port this game!"and it's done. Everyone from Lawyers, to programers, to simply getting the data itself all cost money and take people. People that could be working on other projects and may not in fact work at iron galaxy.

Now it's true that the MAJORITY of the work would be done at IG but it still requires a lot of resources and money from Capcom and those resources, that time, and man power and money could be spent instead on CvS3. The Lawyers, the consultants, the designers, the programmers many of the people that would be required for a port of CvS2 would be needed for a new CvS3 title in some respect. Now Iron Galaxy itself wouldn't be needed for CvS3 but there are plenty of people at Capcom and SNK that would still be required for either project.

Not to mention that the lack luster sales of recent ports could make CvS3 less likely if a CvS2 port didn't meet expectations.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
    Honestly, the way all new gen fighters are going, I have no doubt that CvS3 would be a scrub friendly garbage game like SFxT, SF4 and MvC3 before it.

Give us CvS2.
    Just add the essential Capcom cast to KOFXIII and there ya go. XD
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2013
    wtbrian wrote: »
    are you the snaaake from the skillionaire tournament at next level

yes :karate:

yeah I will send them like 500 messages lol..I got random hookups like that.

you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

Honestly, the way all new gen fighters are going, I have no doubt that CvS3 would be a scrub friendly garbage game like SFxT, SF4 and MvC3 before it.

Give us CvS2.

yes i would imagine that they would add chain "ABC" combos to cvs3 and other bs stuff just give us cvs2
  • Mr. UnbrockableMr. Unbrockable I like Thomas the Tank Engine Joined: Posts: 1,434
    edited May 2013
    YariX0083 wrote: »
    Just add the essential Capcom cast to KOFXIII and there ya go. XD

Its a good idea but drawing the sprites would be a bitch for SNK.

Give us CvS2.

In Capcom's defense they did more or less fix SF X Tekken. Except gems. Those are still dumb.
    Rattle Rattle thunder clatter boom boom boom
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,834
    As much as I love CvS2. I think I'd rather they do CvS3 and leave CvS2 alone. Even if they released an arcade perfect port people would quickly lose interest just like every other classic port to xbox/ps3. If they did an arcade perfect port and gave the option of using a new rebalanced version of CvS2 (hopefully with Roll cancels left in unlike EO) I think interest would spike and last a little longer than a straight port but again it would die off, especially since top players would likely immediately discard the rebalance as bad due to losing all the tech they developed over the last 12years (which is a legitimate complaint even if the game ended up more balanced that is a lot of time invested to lose which is why I think the max time you can wait for a rebalance to be accepted by the community is 2years between updates.)

Simply put there is no good situation where the time/effort/resources put into porting CvS2 wouldn't be better spent working on CvS3.

Except Iron Galaxy would be the one in charge of a CvS2 port. They have no input when it comes to CvS3. There's very little to no conflict of interest. In fact, if Capcom and SNK decided to go ahead and let CvS3 rock, there's a 99% chance that Capcom would immediately commission IG to do a CvS2 port.

The time, effort and resources are going to mostly be coming from IG's end on CvS2. Work on that would have no bearing on getting CvS3 out sooner, later or ever other than if they decided to use it as a gauge of support.

And it's no surprise that IG wants the people to tell Capcom to commission a CvS2 port. This would be a career defining move for IG to potentially make up for any and all negativity that came from 3S:OE.

Resources include things like getting a hold of the original code base (Requires Capcom) dealing with potential QA issues (Requires Capcom) PAYING for the project (Requires Capcom, this isn't done on IGs dime Capcom contracts them and pays them.) a contract with SNK Playmore (Requires SNK Playmore and Capcom) and many many other things. This isn't as simple as "Hey IG, port this game!"and it's done. Everyone from Lawyers, to programers, to simply getting the data itself all cost money and take people. People that could be working on other projects and may not in fact work at iron galaxy.

Now it's true that the MAJORITY of the work would be done at IG but it still requires a lot of resources and money from Capcom and those resources, that time, and man power and money could be spent instead on CvS3. The Lawyers, the consultants, the designers, the programmers many of the people that would be required for a port of CvS2 would be needed for a new CvS3 title in some respect. Now Iron Galaxy itself wouldn't be needed for CvS3 but there are plenty of people at Capcom and SNK that would still be required for either project.

Not to mention that the lack luster sales of recent ports could make CvS3 less likely if a CvS2 port didn't meet expectations.

Even with ALL of what you mentioned, that's still only a small fraction of people that would be put to work if CvS3 came to be.

Lawyers, any deal to cooperate with SNK to get this off the ground would likely coincide with CvS3 to begin with.

Designers and programmers, the bulk of which will be from IG. Maybe a few would come in and help but nowhere near as many to actually hinder any development on a CvS3.

And if CvS2 doesn't sell that well then OF COURSE they shouldn't make a CvS3.

However, unlike the Darkstalkers example, they know that a CvS3 would sell so both would likely be developed.

But you should really know that the reality is that more people want a CvS2 port than a CvS3 period. There's a complete lack of trust in a lot of people in Capcom when it comes to making ANY new fighting game and CvS2 doesn't have as close to an underground scene as games like 3S or VSav keeping it going. Whereas those two games could fall into trouble because they were on GGPO for free and people would get annoyed to have to pay for it, CvS2 isn't nearly as kind. There aren't that many people who have actually gotten to play it to its full potential or facing anyone.

So you know what? I really don't give a damn how many resources they put into CvS2, because that game deserves to live far more than any potential CvS3. And I'm not even as paranoid as most when it comes to new Capcom FGs, but CvS2 didn't get the extra scene time like 3S, ST or VSav. It's about time for people to be able to mess around with it.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    Who else thinks that if CvS2 had a stable online community, we would already have a port? IMO, that really is the common denominator. Thinking like a money loving Capcom exec, they aren't really "losing money" with CvS2, since there isn't a pirated online version, but with ALL the other games they've released (even Jojo's wtf), you could play those games online.

I think Cashcom saw this as a way to cash in on the franchises that were still being played, and being the inept non-gamer suits that they are, they probably never even considered CvS2, even though it is infinitely more appealing to more players than games like Marvel: Origins (wtf we already had MvC2), Jojo's, and Darkstalkers (sorry if you live this game, but CvS2 is wayyyy better).

Capcom are dumb, and need us to tell them what to do en mass, otherwise all they know what to look at is numbers, and CvS2 has no recent numbers of anything.
  • Mr. UnbrockableMr. Unbrockable I like Thomas the Tank Engine Joined: Posts: 1,434
    edited May 2013
    Who else thinks that if CvS2 had a stable online community, we would already have a port? IMO, that really is the common denominator. Thinking like a money loving Capcom exec, they aren't really "losing money" with CvS2, since there isn't a pirated online version, but with ALL the other games they've released (even Jojo's wtf), you could play those games online.

I think Cashcom saw this as a way to cash in on the franchises that were still being played, and being the inept non-gamer suits that they are, they probably never even considered CvS2, even though it is infinitely more appealing to more players than games like Marvel: Origins (wtf we already had MvC2), Jojo's, and Darkstalkers (sorry if you live this game, but CvS2 is wayyyy better).

Capcom are dumb, and need us to tell them what to do en mass, otherwise all they know what to look at is numbers, and CvS2 has no recent numbers of anything.

Even if it did, people would just say "Online is ass" and try to play on arcades anyway. AND if 3S OE is an indication. I would agree that online is ass. Playing Locally is the way to go.
    Rattle Rattle thunder clatter boom boom boom
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,834

Even if it did, people would just say "Online is ass" and try to play on arcades anyway. AND if 3S OE is an indication. I would agree that online is ass. Playing Locally is the way to go.

Playing locally no matter how good the online is will always be the way to go.

But a lot of people don't have that option.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227

But you should really know that the reality is that more people want a CvS2 port than a CvS3 period. There's a complete lack of trust in a lot of people in Capcom when it comes to making ANY new fighting game and CvS2 doesn't have as close to an underground scene as games like 3S or VSav keeping it going. Whereas those two games could fall into trouble because they were on GGPO for free and people would get annoyed to have to pay for it, CvS2 isn't nearly as kind.

Don't lump VSav with the 3s people everyone that played Vsav on ggpo bought the port even the Japanese players. The people that refused to buy the port are the people that wanted chronicle or the extra characters with out knowing how bad chronicle is compared to the arcade version and how broken the extra characters are. Even if that shit was in there they would refuse to buy it cause it wasn't ds4.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• IglooBobIglooBob Bob the builder Joined: Posts: 4,039
    a lot of the 3s GGPO people bought OE, they just thought it was shitty so they went back to GGPO at first opportunity.
    There is an online pirated version of CvS2.
    tell me more lol

• IglooBobIglooBob Bob the builder Joined: Posts: 4,039

Pretty heavy on input lag though. If we are talking about the same one

Demul emulator with Kalleria online client. Runs the arcade version. You can either connect via server or P2P. I was on a server connection with Phil Law (a regular at STA back when they were open and running Real Honest Sundays) and we had a 3-5 frame delay. It was playable. He was able to do is lvl2 cancels in C groove and able to to cr.short x2, stand short > Super with Ken. And I was able to JD fairly well. We weren't able to get a P2P going. I think he ended getting busy with school/real life stuff.

Demul is easy to download though it tends to crash. I tried to get my buddy Halfro on it, but he couldn't get Demul to work. We never could figure out the issue. But if you DL Demul pm me for more details.
    I played on Demul back in the day, but could never find a decent enough connection.

What I meant was that there is no stable scene for the pirated online version, and as such, there's no "tangible interest" for Cashcom suits to weigh, while even JoJo's had players on GGPO, and that was enough for them to release that. I don't think they even know that CvS2 can't be played on GGPO... Maybe they think we all just hate it?

Who knows how money minded non-gamers think. Anyways, I would try out Demul again, but my computer died about a month ago and I'm too broke to buy another one. Been living off my phone and 360 lol.

I really wish Ono had balls and would step up and demand CvS2. He's been quoted saying he wants a re-release.
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    You can't really 'demand' a release when you need SNK's permission.

If I had to guess, this is more or less what happened: There have already been negotiations between Capcom and SNK on this matter. Capcom concluded that after paying licensing fees to SNK, CvS2 would only be profitable if they didn't have to put more put more money into the release. As a result, we got the (laggy) PS2 classic version on the PS3 store instead of an online edition. Naturally, most CvS2 fans don't see the value in buying a laggy port, so it sells poorly, so Capcom feels likely they made the right decision not doing a proper release for it.

Sucks, but I doubt we'll ever see a proper re-release of CvS2 in the current climate.
    edited May 2013
    You can't really 'demand' a release when you need SNK's permission.

If I had to guess, this is more or less what happened: There have already been negotiations between Capcom and SNK on this matter. Capcom concluded that after paying licensing fees to SNK, CvS2 would only be profitable if they didn't have to put more put more money into the release. As a result, we got the (laggy) PS2 classic version on the PS3 store instead of an online edition. Naturally, most CvS2 fans don't see the value in buying a laggy port, so it sells poorly, so Capcom feels likely they made the right decision not doing a proper release for it.

Sucks, but I doubt we'll ever see a proper re-release of CvS2 in the current climate.
    Honestly, this is probably the worst speculation on anything I've ever read about CvS2. Edited because honestly, I don't feel I need to expand further than this.
    Troll on then brother, troll on.
    CvS2 as a PS2 classic was Sony's decision not Capcom's.
  • SesshaZLSesshaZL 春麗 豪鬼 Joined: Posts: 1,028
    I got to play cvs2 on head to head cabs last weekend, I'm craving that game now more than ever!

but at least we still got a ps2 setup for the local meets
    50/50 post Hyoukusen mixup is dirty!!
    Way more dangerous than outsiders perspective, "low forward super, yawn, I play better games" - WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,134
    IglooBob wrote: »
    all the ports of the big Capcom old games (ST, 3s, MVC2) have been lacking in one way or another. I don't think you'd get what you want even if they tried. it's cool that IG kind of lucked into making 3SOE be closer to arcade speed than PS2, because in every other way it is a worse port.

yeah i agree with this but at least IG cares enough to keep trying to make it better and now they are better versed in what we expect and want. unfortunately 3S was one of their sacrificial lambs but they seem to get better and better at this, even if the margin is small (except their shitty graphic filters. those never seem to get better). it's better than nothing and at least there seems to be legitimate interest in the folks at IG for fighting games. giving the project, if it ever happens, to a new studio who doesn't care or whatnot and with less experience in porting and dealing with the very finicky FGC would be a lot worse, imo.

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,134
    edited June 2013
    jedpossum wrote: »
    Don't lump VSav with the 3s people everyone that played Vsav on ggpo bought the port even the Japanese players. The people that refused to buy the port are the people that wanted chronicle or the extra characters with out knowing how bad chronicle is compared to the arcade version and how broken the extra characters are. Even if that shit was in there they would refuse to buy it cause it wasn't ds4.

that's actually very similar to what happened to 3Soe. a ton of ggpo players bought it as soon as it came out because they thought it was arcade perfect and had ggpo netcode (HA!). once people knew about the inconsistencies and the shitty lobby, ping system, and the fact that it was not "arcade perfect", people stopped playing it as much.
    i think the main difference is that many people never experienced sfiii before sf4 came out so they bought it. Vsav didn't have that many fans outside of japan and to top it off there wasn't a sequel to gauge interest in it as an impulse buy.

on a different note: people also forget that if it wasn't for sf2HF's unexpected popularity on xbl, ultimately there wouldn't have been a street fighter 4. i understand that there are fees and shit but this is snk, not marvel. a straight up port with a few tweaks and ggpo style netcode could be a cheap and successful option for capcom and help make cvs3 a possibility. however, just like someone else pointed out earlier in the thread, it might be better if cvs3 is not made with the current people in charge of capcom and i kind of feel the same way.

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I just want a reliable port on a current gen system. The best options now are DC/PS2, but none of the scene around here even has sticks for those now. I could get people to play/practice easily if it was available for x360/ps3. We've tried emulators, but none of them work quite right.

I miss cvs2 :/

PS2 was the worst port. Worst speed, pixelated graphics. DC would be the best one to port (or straight arcade), but DC CvS2 was amazing. I could as far to say it was the most accurate Arcade port to console not counting Neo Geo carts obviously.
    No CvS3. CvS2 was good due to RC which was a glitch. K-Groove CBS would have dominated that game just as bad as Yun, Chun, Ken do 3S. Just my opinion probably shouldnt side track this thread though, I messaged IG.
    Jeff Hill
    Capcom vs Snk 2 Port please. DC/ARC are the best ports, ps2 is awful and ugly. All us CvS2 gamers just want a port with ggpo. I would pay 100 bucks that that game
    Today

8:39pm
    Iron Galaxy Studios
    This, sadly is up to Capcom

8:40pm
    Jeff Hill
    Pass on our regards
    Thanks for the response!
  • AlphaZeroAlphaZero Zzzz Joined: Posts: 994
    edited June 2013
    I'm glad that 3SOE is getting patched and fixes most of the glaringly obvious bugs and adds some common sense features but why the fuck did it take 2 years to happen?

Didn't IG have to fund it themselves?

I'd be happy with IG doing CVS2 port, they've gotten better with each of the their dual-pack releases and Capcom vs. SNK and Capcom vs. SNK2....perfect double pack.

I almost wouldn't mind it being a next gen arcade title....stream CVS2 24/7 lol

GT: AlphaZero
    www.KI.Infil.net <-Best guide to learning KI
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,041
    Oh nm, I read that wrong. I thought the title was CVS2:EO edition. Don't get me started on this one...
  • abacusabacus Joined: Posts: 112
    Sent :D Hope they can come through with this game at some point, I miss the shit outta CvS2
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 2013
    ask yourself..do you REALLY want ggpo for cvs2??

probably not a good idea. Id take the sf4/marvel3 netcode instead. cant play cvs2 with all that rollback and teleport and shit.

fyi the OG xbox cvs2 was mostly playable. same router to router connection was godlike. I used to play this dude EC to WC with very minimum lag.
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward