The New Kingdom Hearts Thread: All Roads Lead to III

SaitsuSaitsu No Longer Fantasy, This Is RealityJoined: Posts: 35,863
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
WARNING, A GOOD AMOUNT OF PEOPLE WITHIN SRK HAVE NOT PLAYED THE FULL SERIES!!! AS PEOPLE WILL LIKELY BE PICKING UP THE SIDE GAMES WITH THIS ANNOUNCEMENT TO CATCH UP, I URGE EVERYONE TO KEEP SPOILERS TO A MINIMUM OR PUT THEM IN SPOILER TAGS. NOW IT'S BEEN ALMOST 7 YEARS SINCE KH2'S RELEASE SO I CONSIDER KH1, (RE)CHAIN OF MEMORIES AND KH2 OPEN SEASON. ANY SPOILERS THAT CONCERN 358/2 DAYS, BIRTH BY SLEEP, RE:CODED AND DREAM DROP DISTANCE AND ARE NOT PUT IN SPOILER TAGS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL BE IMMEDIATELY FLAGGED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

885902aea998ff027af1de4ec049288ab60e2674.jpg__620x350_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

Our time has finally arrived. This is our time. Kingdom Hearts 3 is finally on its way.

And for those new to the series, or those who really need to catch up, here is the order of the games within the timeline.

Birth By Sleep>KH1>KH:(Re)Chain of Memories>KH2>KH:ReCoded>KH2 Final Cutscene>KH:Dream Drop Distance

KH:358/2 Days takes place in the background from near the end of KH1 all the way through to the beginning of KH2.

And lastly the Gametrailers Timeline of KH. WARNING: CONTAINS MASSIVE SPOILERS. ONLY WATCH IF YOU'VE COMPLETED/WATCHED ALL THE GAMES OR DO NOT CARE ABOUT SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!

CONFIRMED WORLDS:

- Twilight Town
- Olympus Coliseum (with Greece explorable...hopefully it stays that way unlike KH2)
- Tangled World (name unknown as of now)
- Big Hero 6 World (name will probably be San Fransokyo)
Post edited by Saitsu on
PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
FC: 0490-4604-8179 
Street Fighter 5: Vega

Comments

• McTeaseMcTease Nay Joined: Posts: 404
    Literally the only non-fighting game that I ever took seriously. I remember even dedicating my AIM profile to Kingdom Hearts in middle school. I shamelessly don't regret it.
    Don't say my car's topless, say the titties is out.
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,669 mod
    The Crowned One has returned. Who is ready to be broken all over again?
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • SaitsuSaitsu No Longer Fantasy, This Is Reality Joined: Posts: 35,863
    Syke1 wrote: »
    The Crowned One has returned. Who is ready to be broken all over again?

Hell fucking yeah.
  • AlphaDragoonAlphaDragoon ._. Joined: Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So goddamn hyped for this.
    Spirit Juice on a new SE game:
    "If it's not Xenogears Episode IV I don't give a fuck what Square-Enix does."
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,669 mod
    So goddamn hyped for this.
    If the gameplay stays that fluid it will be fantastic. Maybe eventually your sig will ring true also.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

• GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,545
    Posting in a legendary thread!
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Can't decide whether I'm excited or sad. As most of you might know, I haaaaate the direction the story took after the first game and scorn all the stupid hand held games (CoM excluded, that was awesome). Ugh. Who am I kidding. I will probably pick up a PS4 solely for this and Final Fantasy XV.
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
    Wolfkiller wrote: »
    Can't decide whether I'm excited or sad. As most of you might know, I haaaaate the direction the story took after the first game and scorn all the stupid hand held games (CoM excluded, that was awesome). Ugh. Who am I kidding. I will probably pick up a PS4 solely for this and Final Fantasy XV.

Welcome back to the family.

And all ya'll hyped for this but haven't finished the rest of the games? I'd take this time to go and DO THAT. It's pretty fucking mandatory. Either go play them yourselves, or hit up Youtube if you're lazy. You're not getting into KH3 without the Handheld knowledge.

And if you hate the Handheld games well, to quote @Starhammer and James Storm, SORRY About Your Damn Luck.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,402
    SPLOOOOOOOGE
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,561
    The 2 hand held games that are the most mandatory are BBS and 3D. Lesser extent being CoM and even lesser 358/2. You don't really need to play Coded at all. 358/2 has one of the more saddest moments in the KH storyline though...
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

Sonichuman wrote: »
    The 2 hand held games that are the most mandatory are BBS and 3D. Lesser extent being CoM and even lesser 358/2. You don't really need to play Coded at all. 358/2 has one of the more saddest moments in the KH storyline though...

Well if we get 1.5 Remix out here Days won't be AS mandatory thankfully. RE: Coded, feel free to watch the last 10 minutes on Youtube or something.

CoM/BBS/3D are EXTREMELY Mandatory.
    Maybe make a post 1 to get those initiated. Was going to post that timeline from Game trailers.
    Well feel free to post it.

I'll also post the basic outline for how the timeline flows. But please post the GT Timeline video. Wish we could embed it though.
    The timeline is perfect but it spoils stuff for people who may be interested in playing those games. If you're gonna put it in the OP I'd make sure to put a warning about that.
    High Enough

Sonichuman wrote: »
    The timeline is perfect but it spoils stuff for people who may be interested in playing those games. If you're gonna put it in the OP I'd make sure to put a warning about that.

I will indeed.
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Christ. That timeline just depresses me. Such a jumbled mess of a story line that is in constant need of retconning to make all the crap dreamed up in new games fit.
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,675
    In on first page

I loved KH2 (my favorite out of all the games) so I'm so excited for a sequel.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sooo...I DO need to get through 3D. I have it but been kinda slow to get through it.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • Cheesecake_MakotoCheesecake_Makoto So there I was... Joined: Posts: 148
    Bust all over my keyboard when this was revealed.

AND YOU KNOW WE'RE GETTIN' THAT SORAxLIGHTNING TEAM-UP Stage!!
    "Despite what you may assume...I have never even played Blaz Blue. I just like cheesecake and breasts."
    Sora xSazh?

Honestly if we get Sora x Noctis I won't be surprised. He is the reason for the delay. He should be the Sephiroth of 3. But still have Sephi of course.

• FearTheFuhajinFearTheFuhajin Trying to git gud *again* Joined: Posts: 214
    So, who else besides me had the hugest fangasm of their life?
    Steam ID: TaiteFGC
    Playstation Network: TaiteFGC

I wish I could change my username...
    Check out this guide created by myself and the boys over at the Sakura thread (RIP USF4): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eeIc5GM3waM3fYhz2UefmD9gznynb56yeMFD16MYLhQ/pub
    I couldn't breathe for 30 seconds. Then I saw God, then I saw Sora in action

• Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,105
    Well, there we go. PS4 is now a buy.

So anyone think SE will go easy on us people who don't invest in handhelds and make the storyline cohesive enough with just the console titles that we'll figure it out?
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk

So anyone think SE will go easy on us people who don't invest in handhelds and make the storyline cohesive enough with just the console titles that we'll figure it out?

They dint do this for CoM so no. Idk the feeling of going through KH2 blind. How was it?

I think half the reason for the HD collections is so they can get the story all summed up in easy to digest locations. I mean fuck 358/2 days isn't even a game in KH 1.5 HD it's just cut scenes. I have a feeling they'll do the same to DDD for KHII 2.5 HD or whatever they decide to call it.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,105

They dint do this for CoM so no. Idk the feeling of going through KH2 blind. How was it?

It made sense to me. Maybe a few things would've made sense faster had I played the handheld, but I was fine with it. I loved the game, had a blast with it, and enjoyed a good story to boot.

Man, I have a lot of catching up to do in an indeterminate, but probably short amount of time then. I don't even have a PSP or a 3DS.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    I think half the reason for the HD collections is so they can get the story all summed up in easy to digest locations. I mean fuck 358/2 days isn't even a game in KH 1.5 HD it's just cut scenes. I have a feeling they'll do the same to DDD for KHII 2.5 HD or whatever they decide to call it.

Days was bad enough to only warrant a movie. 2.5 should be FM+, BBSFM, and maybe a RE:3D all playable

Days was bad enough to only warrant a movie. 2.5 should be FM+, BBSFM, and maybe a RE:3D all playable
    We'll see. Either way my point stands that for the most part they are collecting the whole story into easily digestible packages.

• SRKFADCSRKFADC But He's a Guy Joined: Posts: 1,774
    I've wanted this game since forever the only game announcement that could make me jizz more is capcom vs snk 3

fucking sub'd to this godlike thread
    @SRKFADC follow me on Twitter!
    Ultra:Yun/M.Bison
  • Kanta-KunKanta-Kun Magnudisto... BLAAAAAAAST Joined: Posts: 5,545
    Yes.
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 1,203
    I hear that FF15 will also be on the xbox one but I'm not sure about KH3 I think that will only be on ps4.
    SF5 Mains:Karin/Chun
    GGXrd Mains:May
    edited June 2013
    it just got announced as coming to Xbone as well
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-kingdom-hearts-iii-heading-to-xbox-one

incoming people getting pissed and betrayal posts
    High Enough

:sad:
    But KH isn't supposed to be on a green case. Eww

• AerodynOmyxAerodynOmyx PSN: nch2112 I'm insane and I like to laugh. Joined: Posts: 535
    Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV are still on Ps4 and that's the console that me and any other gamer with common sense is getting so no big deal. :D
    Lemme Google myself in yo office!
    I saw that trailer again i swore they were going to announce 2.5...then 3 popped out. Had massive fangasm when the music peaked!
    I knew it was 3.

If you finished DDD, it made it obvious the second Riku started talking in the Trailer that it was talking about 3.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file