Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

The New Kingdom Hearts Thread: All Roads Lead to III

Comments

• JLALloydJLALloyd Joined: Posts: 815
    edited January 2017

(Found the thread at 5th page... should've let it dead till we get some news)
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,912 mod
    If anyone cares the full OST is out for 2.8 on YT atm I believe, or at least a large majority of it.

I'm gonna wait until I get the game personally.
    SFV Cody Discord! - https://discord.gg/6CwKfAG
    SFV Lounge Discord! - https://discord.gg/cBByyap
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,944
    The Simple & Clean remix in 2.8 is flames.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • SaitsuSaitsu No Longer Fantasy, This Is Reality Joined: Posts: 35,871
    ...hopefully I can get it on Thursday. Please let me get a decent return on this damn book...
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 10,094
    Saitsu wrote: »
    ...hopefully I can get it on Thursday. Please let me get a decent return on this damn book...

Sorry, there's a new version, 12 cents
  • FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 1,036
    Apperantly down the line their will be a box that contains 1.5,2.5 and 2.8 so i'll wait out on that one.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,912 mod
    Oh damn really? I'll definitely hold out on 2.8 until that if it's the case. I've wanted 1.5 and 2.5 on PS4 for a while.
    SFV Cody Discord! - https://discord.gg/6CwKfAG
    SFV Lounge Discord! - https://discord.gg/cBByyap
    YouTube
    Twitch
    FDream wrote: »
    Apperantly down the line their will be a box that contains 1.5,2.5 and 2.8 so i'll wait out on that one.

That's just 1.5 and 2.5.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-2-5-remix-playstation-4/5698800.p?skuId=5698800

• FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 1,036
    @Phantom Angel
    Recent interview says that there is a full box underway
    Eh, that's kinda excessive. I haven't watched the video yet, but I hope there's something new.

So I finished 0.2 a couple of days ago, and I took some time to gather my thoughts on it. I still have to go through and beat it on the harder difficulties, and deal with the Zodiac Mirror but I figure it's fine like this.
    Game for the most part is definitely gorgeous. Lighting is incredible, which says something considering the entirety of the game is in the Realm of Darkness outside of the Final Boss fight. The models still need a SLIGHT bit of work, still look a bit plastic but it's a far cry from what they were on initial viewings.

The atmosphere though is dripping with tension while also throwing a bunch of callbacks to KH1, which makes sense as the game basically takes place during KH1. The sense of fear the Darkside and the Heartless initially drew upon you, will come back with a vengeance even though you're a Level 50+ Aqua. But there's so much tension, and you can feel the misery. Probably a good thing Nomura didn't go forward with making this story into a full game, idk if anyone could deal with that depression for that long.

The effects are definitely solid. The new Magic effects come in handy. Magic feels useful without feeling overpowered. You can't go through the game without using each magic spell, and that's good. The downside is that you can't Magic Combo as you could in KH2, but that's mostly just a nitpick. Magic also looks gorgeous, especially the Tier 4 Spells.

I enjoy how they integrated the Command System essentially, into KH2's System. Having Command Styles be OPTIONAL, separate inputs is a godsend. No more having a Command Style coming at the wrong time. On top of that, instead of Elemental Command Styles, we just get Tier 4 Spells finally and man, they wreck, ESPECIALLY Thundaja. Spellweaver isn't as busted as it used to be in its Finish Command, but to make up for it, it gets a big AOE effect at the end which is very helpful on bosses. The system meshes well.

Movement however is stilted, though it may be attributed to the fact that they gave Aqua the BBS movement which wasn't particularly smooth. Hopefully Sora gets his typical movement options back, which will make things run smoother. Also, Aqua's Dodge Roll is nerfed which is fine as to make up for it, she has an extremely quick run speed.

Music is composed beautifully once again, especially the Demon Tide music, both phases.

The Enemies, at least the few we got, are solid. We have Elemental Types back, and unlike the ones in KH1, you are much more inclined to use the weaknesses quickly, otherwise they can potentially overwhelm you. The Water Cores especially are just infuriating. The issue though is that the weaknesses aren't really intuitive. Fire loses to Blizzaga naturally, and if you watch certain anime, you can at least see Earth Cores lose to Thundaga, but the Water Cores losing to Firaga is obviously not something expected. Neoshadows are as evasive and annoying as usual. But the stars of the show are the Demon Bosses by far. We expected something crazy when we saw the first trailer for KH3, and they delivered. I'll never look at Shadows the same way again. The Demon Tower is aggressive and vicious, but the Demon Tide is just something else. You can just tell the level of ambition that KH3 is going to shoot for, and all the ideas that Nomura never got to use until now due to the technology being lacking.

As for story, not a ton learned, but not needed. At least we know how the King obtained the KKD (it was behind that fucking Destiny Islands door the entire time...at least someone figured out that it's a push door). Otherwise, just the setup for KH3. King and Riku off to save Aqua for real this time on a Bro Trip, Kairi off with Lea to learn under Merlin (thankfully remembered that she wouldn't be particularly happy with that considering their last interaction was him kidnapping her) and SDG off to the Olympus Colisseum to finish Sora's training since he's Level 1...again... But for those annoyed by the lack of Disney relevance, the fact that Yen Sid outright sent Sora to Hercules is a good sign.

But I absolutely enjoyed my time. A lot of effort was put into this and it does its job in satiating the appetite but leaving you wanting more.
    edited June 2017

Yeah, you can definitely tell how 0.2 is a jumping off point gameplay wise, while also bringing in a bunch of other things. The amount of style we'll have available to eradicate foes will jump to even greater heights now. Also more Wave of Darkness, I'll never get enough of that music piece.

EDIT: Updated to the trailer with Eng Subs. Xemnas pointing out the obvious.
    Post edited by Saitsu on
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster OK Joined: Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    AAAAAAHHHH
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.
    Currently Playing - Steven Universe: Attack the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - One Punch Man (Viz Media), Rick and Morty (Oni Press)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Initial D, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Law and Order: SVU, Sons of Anarchy
    I do like how Wave of Darkness has sort of become the Unofficial Main Theme of KH3.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    We toy story graphics now
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,106
    :coffee: no Gargoyles
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,180
    that toy story world looks amazing, next up should be tangled and big hero 6; im thinking some worlds might just be mini-games or cameos and not full fledged worlds

Buzz putting in more work than woody; this also confirms we will have assists instead of party members in some worlds
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,669 mod
    I do like how Wave of Darkness has sort of become the Unofficial Main Theme of KH3.
    Why is that?
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
    Syke1 wrote: »
    Why is that?

...because it's a nice theme?
    So...fun fact. Both the Toy Story and Big Hero 6 Worlds in KH3 are actually canon to their respective series.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,106
    So...fun fact. Both the Toy Story and Big Hero 6 Worlds in KH3 are actually canon to their respective series.

I hate everything now
    Like Big Hero 6, fine, that's cool.

Toy Story though? There's about 5000 different solutions the toys could've had if they've been capable of taking on fucking Heartless.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I want the throne! Joined: Posts: 27,376
    This is a rumor so take it for a grain of salt. Kingdom Hearts 3 screenshots from a development build leaked and it shows a world based on Monsters Inc
    https://gematsu.com/2017/12/rumor-leaked-kingdom-hearts-iii-screenshots-reveal-monsters-inc-world
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster OK Joined: Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Yeah. KH3 is vapor ware as far as I’m considered. I don’t believe it’s a thing until I’m at home playing it.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.
    Currently Playing - Steven Universe: Attack the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - One Punch Man (Viz Media), Rick and Morty (Oni Press)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Initial D, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Law and Order: SVU, Sons of Anarchy
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,348
    They're still working on KH3?

Thought they canceled it years ago.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • CHIEfyCHIEfy Joined: Posts: 1,230
    edited February 10
    The Enter the Darkness remix in the first trailer is unbelievable.

Like... HOLY SHIT.
    "Competitive Smash is all about no items and Final Destination."
    - Masahiro Sakurai
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Tangled eh? DAY JUAN!
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    edited February 11
    All they need to do is leave out Frozen and we're golden
    Post edited by Phantom Angel on

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I want the throne! Joined: Posts: 27,376
    edited February 10
    You out of your mind if you think Frozen is going to be left out. Big Hero Six is in and that was the movie that came after. You better be ready to listen to all the songs, have Anna and/or Elisa as a party members and Olaf with the Moose as a summon.
    Post edited by Hawkingbird on
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I’ll be getting the most expensive bundle whenever they’re announced. KH3 is life
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 10,094
    Give me that $4000 trilogy special edition that comes with a life size statue of sora and riku as well as a real keyblade

My body is ready
    Sacr3D wrote: »
    It's hard to still care about this series 16 years later. This used to be my favorite series but holy shit end it already.

See, if you have this state of mind, why even give a shit? Just ignore the damn series. You dont' need the creators to end it for you. If I grow to dislike a direction a franchise is going...I just...stop caring.
  • GhostTearGhostTear MANGO NATION...FOX MCCLOUD...MANGO NATION Joined: Posts: 2,886
    shhhh. the more you talk about it the more it gets delayed
    THE SOUL STILL FUCKING BURRRRRRNNNSSSSSS!!!!
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,399
    I keep forgetting this is getting made since it got started in development at least 6+ years ago now. Sure it will be solid, but man there are worlds about movies that seem to have came out AFTER it started development. That is development hell.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
    I keep forgetting this is getting made since it got started in development at least 6+ years ago now. Sure it will be solid, but man there are worlds about movies that seem to have came out AFTER it started development. That is development hell.

Definitely, but at the same time its development hell is more due to FFXV's Development Hell. KH3 got meme status because of another even bigger meme.
    Why I think we still get KH 2.9998 before we get KH3? I agree with sacr3d, let the shit die already.
  • GhostTearGhostTear MANGO NATION...FOX MCCLOUD...MANGO NATION Joined: Posts: 2,886
    it cant end until sora goes into the star wars and marvel universe. lets see here what else has disney made or acquired...

tumblr_mqk9fiowAy1sp8qt3o1_500.gif
    THE SOUL STILL FUCKING BURRRRRRNNNSSSSSS!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file