Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

The New Kingdom Hearts Thread: All Roads Lead to III

Comments

• Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,180
    World Speculation Time? im pretty sure wreck-it-ralph is a given
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent
  • TanionTanion The Elusive One Joined: Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 2013
    Shadow Ace wrote: »
    World Speculation Time? im pretty sure wreck-it-ralph is a given

There has to be some sort of Computer Generated World. Toy Story or Incredibles. Space level of Wall-E would work too. But I swear to FUCKING based Square-Enix god... DO NOT MAKE A CARS WORLD! That shit has Little Mermaid World fail written ALL over it.
  • SaitsuSaitsu No Longer Fantasy, This Is Reality Joined: Posts: 35,871
    I would beg Square-Enix for a Gargoyles world. Teaming up with Goliath. Taking on Xanatos. Shit would be brilliant.

Now to be actually serious...

I'd say Traverse Town, Twilight Town (already confirmed from the trailer), Radiant Garden, Castle Oblivion and the World that Never Was will be in the game in some capacity, also the Keyblade Graveyard.

As for Disney Worlds, we'll obviously return to the Olympus Coliseum. Could also see a return to Agrabah.

New worlds, I think Jungle Book is a good possibility as it was a late scrap from DDD.

After that, I really don't know. Could go in any direction.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,669 mod
    So I'm guessing KH3 reactions are new thing to post?

Notice the hand holding lol

I know I was speaking tongues with my hand on my heart until the gameplay. Then I went "Ooohhh...oohh..ah?! DAMN". I wouldve been so embarrassed if i was caught
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • MrBGuyMrBGuy on that xrd crack Joined: Posts: 546
    Wait a minute, Kingdom Hearts has Disney worlds ..

Marvel is owned by Disney ...

I need this game in my life right now.
    UMvC3 Main: Dante / Morrigan / Strider
    The Original Squad: Wesker / Deadpool / Arthur
    Experiment team: Zero / Morrigan / Doom
    Xrd: Sin
    Yeah, Marvel is a SLIGHT possibility.

Idk how they'd legitimately fit it though. Maybe they'll do something after the Xehanort Saga.
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,669 mod
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Yeah, Marvel is a SLIGHT possibility.

Idk how they'd legitimately fit it though. Maybe they'll do something after the Xehanort Saga.
    I have no idea what is going to happen after Xehanort. As I'm ASSUMING 3 will end that chapter. Maybe FF worlds.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

• GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,548
    I would beg Square-Enix for a Gargoyles world. Teaming up with Goliath. Taking on Xanatos. Shit would be brilliant.

Now to be actually serious...

I'd say Traverse Town, Twilight Town (already confirmed from the trailer), Radiant Garden, Castle Oblivion and the World that Never Was will be in the game in some capacity, also the Keyblade Graveyard.

As for Disney Worlds, we'll obviously return to the Olympus Coliseum. Could also see a return to Agrabah.

New worlds, I think Jungle Book is a good possibility as it was a late scrap from DDD.

After that, I really don't know. Could go in any direction.

I would kill for a fight with gargoyles and they face...Demona OMG DISNEY AFTERNOONGASM!!!
  • Din0Din0 Retired Joined: Posts: 4,158
    The story is super convoluted and a bit ridiculous with the time travel

but don't lie to yourself, you know you're going to buy a next-gen system just for this game and FFXV to fulfill your childhood fantasies.

and you'll enjoy it.
    Magneto/Doom/Dante | Magneto/Doom/Phoenix | Magneto/Morrigan/Doom
    PSN: davidyes
    Other than the fucking
    Time Travel
    , it's not that bad to power through the story and most of it does make sense.
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I wish I had the same excitement as you guys and those people in the videos. I can't forgive the perfection of the first game's story being shit all over though. I apologize for being the Debbie Downer of the thread.
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
    Wolfkiller wrote: »
    I wish I had the same excitement as you guys and those people in the videos. I can't forgive the perfection of the first game's story being shit all over though. I apologize for being the Debbie Downer of the thread.

The only way the first game's story would've been perfect would be if they went with the original ending to the story.
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,813

The only way the first game's story would've been perfect would be if they went with the original ending to the story.

What was the original ending?
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
    rayplay wrote: »

Chernabog was going to be the source of all Heartless (hence the random boss fight at the End of the World, they thought he was too awesome to take out after plans changed).

The final level would've been a straight blitz up Bald Mountain up to a showdown with Chernabog.
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,180
    edited June 2013
    =
    '

Chernabog was going to be the source of all Heartless (hence the random boss fight at the End of the World, they thought he was too awesome to take out after plans changed).

The final level would've been a straight blitz up Bald Mountain up to a showdown with Chernabog.

that would have been a little cliche, still time travel
    so the premise of KH3 would be that Sora has to retake his master exam while riku tries to find Kairi? oh hopefully this time Axel actually does something
    Post edited by Shadow Ace on
    edited June 2013
    Problem resolved.
    Post edited by Saitsu on
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,428
    Pfft haha perfect my ass, but ok.

It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,577
    edited June 2013
    Shadow Ace wrote: »
    =
    '

that would have been a little cliche, still time travel

Spoiler stuff

yo.... some people haven't played 3D yet so you may want to put that in spoilers.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Welp, great just picked up 3DS and I just got spoiled, ggs.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    *sigh* Some of this is on me, I should've put something in the first post. I'll be fixing that now.

The good news is, you aren't as spoiled as you would think.
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    One thing I really hope we get in this one, let me use other people in my aprty not named Donald and Goofy. Donald's cool but fuck I can't stand the Goof int he anythign that's not named the Goofy movie, finally put the Gargoyles in if they got the rights and let me roll with Goliath plz
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    One thing I really hope we get in this one, let me use other people in my aprty not named Donald and Goofy. Donald's cool but fuck I can't stand the Goof int he anythign that's not named the Goofy movie, finally put the Gargoyles in if they got the rights and let me roll with Goliath plz

I don't think the first will be a problem. As we've been able to change party members in most worlds in KH1 and 2. Most likely the same thing here.

And yeah I really wish we could get on that Gargoyles shit.

And lastly, OP updated, final warning against Spoilers from games that aren't KH1, KH2 or Chain of Memories. Keep them in Tags.
    edited June 2013
    im sorry, damn...:(

Saitsu unquote my post bro...
    If we get to play as Riku, Max should be in his party.

A world with The Rescuers (their villain is actually frightening) or Oliver & Company would be dope. Sora can be a dog or whatever Nomura desires.

• SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770

"AND WE LIVE AGAIN!" - Kingdom Hearts 3

Time to watch CoM, D3, and that 365/8 shit on youtube to get prepped.
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like These... Joined: Posts: 12,604
    WARNING, A GOOD AMOUNT OF PEOPLE WITHIN SRK HAVE NOT PLAYED THE FULL SERIES!!! AS PEOPLE WILL LIKELY BE PICKING UP THE SIDE GAMES WITH THIS ANNOUNCEMENT TO CATCH UP, I URGE EVERYONE TO KEEP SPOILERS TO A MINIMUM OR PUT THEM IN SPOILER TAGS. NOW IT'S BEEN ALMOST 7 YEARS SINCE KH2'S RELEASE SO I CONSIDER KH1, (RE)CHAIN OF MEMORIES AND KH2 OPEN SEASON. ANY SPOILERS THAT CONCERN 358/2 DAYS, BIRTH BY SLEEP, RE:CODED AND DREAM DROP DISTANCE AND ARE NOT PUT IN SPOILER TAGS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL BE IMMEDIATELY FLAGGED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Uh, ok, this game franchise has been around for years now. If people haven't taken the time to play/beat them already they shouldn't be looking around in threads about the newest installment.

But anyway...I wonder if this game will have a 3 hour intro like 2. Either way, this is my hypest game this year so far.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    WARNING, A GOOD AMOUNT OF PEOPLE WITHIN SRK HAVE NOT PLAYED THE FULL SERIES!!! AS PEOPLE WILL LIKELY BE PICKING UP THE SIDE GAMES WITH THIS ANNOUNCEMENT TO CATCH UP, I URGE EVERYONE TO KEEP SPOILERS TO A MINIMUM OR PUT THEM IN SPOILER TAGS. NOW IT'S BEEN ALMOST 7 YEARS SINCE KH2'S RELEASE SO I CONSIDER KH1, (RE)CHAIN OF MEMORIES AND KH2 OPEN SEASON. ANY SPOILERS THAT CONCERN 358/2 DAYS, BIRTH BY SLEEP, RE:CODED AND DREAM DROP DISTANCE AND ARE NOT PUT IN SPOILER TAGS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL BE IMMEDIATELY FLAGGED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Uh, ok, this game franchise has been around for years now. If people haven't taken the time to play/beat them already they shouldn't be looking around in threads about the newest installment.

But anyway...I wonder if this game will have a 3 hour intro like 2. Either way, this is my hypest game this year so far.

Don't be an asshole. There is a lot of filler

Alright, since KH2, games have ended up on the PSP, DS and 3DS, and not everyone has both a PSP and 3DS. On top of that there are a GOOD amount of people who have only played KH1 and KH2, ignoring the other installments as filler (however misguided) but will come around hearing about KH3.

So get the fuck over it.
    Am I alone in liking GBA CoM over RE?

Syke1 wrote: »
    Am I alone in liking GBA CoM over RE?

Honestly, I think I like the GBA version better too.

A LOT more challenge there. RE:CoM was easy mode.
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,348
    What kind of Smasher cares about the KH story after 1? The gameplay, and cameos are the only reason to play this game.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    1> 2 in level design. 2's worlds felt so claustrophobic and bad

KH1 had a shit story too, just after 1 it went from "God damn this is bad" to "Holy fuck they made it worse"
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    Joshkaz wrote: »
    KH1 had a shit story too, just after 1 it went from "God damn this is bad" to "Holy fuck they made it worse"

Then why do you play the games? Because if anything the cameos would actually piss people off more due to the butchering of the movie's story, and the gameplay is nowhere near good enough to hinge an entire series on.
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,846
    Fucking godlike thread for a godlike game.

Story is convoluted but so what. Sora is the man. Riku is the man.

Hell. fucking. yes. to. this. FUCKING GAME!!!!!!!!
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
    edited June 2013
    Cameos and gameplay. It's the reason I play most RPG's since most RPGS have terrible stories.

Story sucks dick.
    Joshkaz wrote: »
    Cameos and gameplay. It's the reason I play most RPG's since most RPGS have terrible stories.

And again, I can say as a fan of the series, that neither are really worth playing the game for.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file