Super Smash Bros. General - Patience and Spacing....or Whine and Moan

Comments

• DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 4,893
    How about if everyone just minds their own business. I mean fuck most of us don't even play smash anymore. Seems like you all just come in here to throw peanuts at him.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Frame Data Wizard Joined: Posts: 19,403
    edited March 16
    snip

At this point, the only winning move is not to play. Even if that is a reinforcer, it seems the least harmful.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Chun-li, Juri
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh WHHHoooOooO waaAAAAAantsSssS tO SmAAsssSssHHHH.... WAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaarrglrgl Joined: Posts: 8,173
    Meh. It's pretty much 'the off season' for Smash. Otherwise there'd be streams and shit to talk about.

Though Character Rankings for Japan is interesting.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,325
    Let po talk reckless. Least it makes conversation.

Also those who play the game, don't talk as much in here. I can say that me and marc play at least. In fact I'm probably going to a local today. @MarcOfTheBeast @Mood4food77 @Phantom Angel come through. Im going to the local in white plains.

I think they running smash and sf5
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 131
    Man Po is too funny. But in a lot of ways; he is just saying obvious true shit that a lot of people are too scared to say.
    Man Po is too funny. But in a lot of ways; he is just saying obvious true shit that a lot of people are too scared to say.

About 90% of the things he is saying is ridiculous. Everything @Red Rick Dias pointed out is spot on. There isn't one player in this world that can truly just love cloud, despite final fantasy 7 being considered a top 10 game of all time. This has nothing to do with people using characters they love, its all about po being in his self centered world, where cloud is a forbidden jutsu that ppl pull out instead of training hard. I hate cloud as well but you still gotta respect anyones choice to choose a character. Once again hes also being a hypocrite because he rides this bayonetta train since prepatch and even tho she has some of the most "dishonsest" tools in the game, it doesn't matter, because he uses her.

Hed probably hate marth too, if it weren't for that bet he lost to @LordWilliam1234, forcing him to use marth for a month. Po finds no issues with the characters he uses; those being... megaman, bayonetta, marth and/or luigi. Po is by definition biased.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 26,711
    edited March 16
    dre37k wrote: »

Also those who play the game, don't talk as much in here. I can say that me and marc play at least. In fact I'm probably going to a local today. @MarcOfTheBeast @Mood4food77 @Phantom Angel come through. Im going to the local in white plains.

What time? I can maybe go.
    Post edited by Phantom Angel on
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,085

That's not zelda

I probably cant go. Im super tight on money right now

Maybe next week that's when I'm on Spring break. Yeah, I got a shit ton of work to get caught up on.

@po pimpus you never replied to my question of why Nintendo is charging 50 bucks for damn Bomberman game? And Mario Kart for the Switch is listed at 59 dollars, this shit is getting out of hand. Or is it just me?
    Fuck Bomberman.... Why are they charging $50 for 1-2 Switch?!??

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 22,069
    You're asking the wrong guy. I don't own a Switch.

I will never buy another console at launch so long as I live... I need these things to be in place before I buy a new console these days...

-At least five titles I know I'll get my money's worth playing.

-A second print run of the console, to ensure any kinks are worked out in manufacturing.

-A decent online infrastructure.

-A not ridiculous price point.

Nintendo is striking out currently on all but one, and Sony only recently managed to check off all points.

I'll likely have a PS4 before I get a Switch.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »

But will you play Dark Souls?
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

• Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh WHHHoooOooO waaAAAAAantsSssS tO SmAAsssSssHHHH.... WAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaarrglrgl Joined: Posts: 8,173
    PS4 ain't no slouch in the games department. There's some top quality product to be had.

Including franchise games that are surprisingly not absolute shit like Digimon and Dragon Ball.
    edited March 16
    You're asking the wrong guy. I don't own a Switch.

I will never buy another console at launch so long as I live... I need these things to be in place before I buy a new console these days...

-At least five titles I know I'll get my money's worth playing.

-A second print run of the console, to ensure any kinks are worked out in manufacturing.

-A decent online infrastructure.

-A not ridiculous price point.

Nintendo is striking out currently on all but one, and Sony only recently managed to check off all points.

You just couldn't help yourself lol. You had to bring up Sony when discussing Nintendo flaws. Even you-a Bomberman fanboy gotta admit that that shit is extreme. Nintendo and Platinum is Po's weak spot.
    @Phantom Angel I can't believe they charging 59 dollars for the same Mario Kart that was on the Wii U. The same damn game for 60 dollars. They can get the fuck outta here with that shit.

Po's going to counter with, remember when Sony did that with Call of Duty blah blah blah you guys didn't say anything.
    Just wait till the inevitable Smash Wii U Bundle Pack with Controllers and all DLC for 200$
    MK8 supposedly comes with all the DLC, so I guess it's a good value.

• Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,262
    PS4 is indeed the best console for fighting games. Fortunately PC is (slowly) catching up.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 PUT ME IN YOUR DAMN CROSSOVER GAME OR ELSE Joined: Posts: 3,782
    edited March 16
    Speaking of "people don't play anymore", my main reason is that real life is busy so I have to ration my game time as best I can.

However, due to fortunate circumstances, I was actually able to go to Mega Smash Mondays in Santa Ana this week. I went 0-2 but I had so much fun; it's been ages since I've gotten to play against real people. Made me miss the good old days when I could compete on the regular.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,164
    edited March 17
    I played this again.

The neutered stage list really ruins the game for me. I think Smash 4 needs the spice to keep it interesting and since I'm done deluding myself into thinking that the community lists are the legit way to play or whatever causes us all to buckle and do whatever the masses do I've just started making my own lists.
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 PUT ME IN YOUR DAMN CROSSOVER GAME OR ELSE Joined: Posts: 3,782
    UnSaxon51 wrote: »
    I don't have Zelda yet. :sad:
    FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY

I'll buy it for you if I have to!

I fixed it. I'm... underwhelmed.

FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOOD
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY

Fix that feeling with Horizon: Zero Dawn.

• Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias "Therefore, I've ordered humanity's extermination!" Joined: Posts: 3,166
    FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY

Well, the new Zelda is one of those things that just dumps you in a sandbox world. I find it kind of cool, but not an absolute masterpiece. Enjoying it, though.

As for "you don't know what's good", yes he does. @UnSaxon51 , tell them. Tell them what is best in life.

edited March 18
    We need a Breath of the Wild Link mod for Smash to settle a true debate for the ages.
    WHO DOESN'T WEAR IT BETTER!

2017%2F03%2F10%2F4d%2Facf20f013b5445cca6f8d104288137a9.dd17a.png

shulk1.png
    Well, the new Zelda is one of those things that just dumps you in a sandbox world. I find it kind of cool, but not an absolute masterpiece. Enjoying it, though.

EVERY WORD YOU SPEAK HURTS MY VERY SOUL

...why do I have this strange feeling of deja vu?
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Why is everything out a sandbox/open world game? No me gusta.

I'll wait for the upcoming Mass Effect Andromeda and Persona 5 instead
    We need a Breath of the Wild Link mod for Smash to settle a true debate for the ages.

shulk1.png

Kinda got it.
    edited March 18
    Smashbro29 wrote: »

shulk1.png

Kinda got it.

*has a shirt and pants*

NOT ENOUGH NUDE! HE MUST BE THE MOST NUDE! I WANT THIS GUY EX SHOULDER TACKLING INTO AEGIS REFLECTOR SETUPS

shulk1.png

Kinda got it.

*has a shirt and pants*

NOT ENOUGH NUDE! HE MUST BE THE MOST NUDE! I WANT THIS GUY EX SHOULDER TACKLING INTO AEGIS REFLECTOR SETUPS

Tweet at Nano and ask for it to be one of the alts then?

shulk1.png

Kinda got it.

*has a shirt and pants*

Tweet at Nano and ask for it to be one of the alts then?

Too much effort for a joke
    edited March 18
    Have any of you hating ass mofos actually played Zelda long enough to get off the Plateau? I personally dislike "open world" games, but this doesn't feel like a GTA, just basically the true realization of Zelda 1.

Y'all sound like the same cats talking about "Marth isn't that good" and "Lucario is one big gimmick, and will never win"...

How does it feel to be constantly wrong about everything?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Have any of you hating ass mofos actually played Zelda long enough to get off the Plateau? I personally dislike "open world" games, but this doesn't feel like a GTA, just basically the true realization of Zelda 1.

Y'all sound like the same cats talking about "Marth isn't that good" and "Lucario is one big gimmick, and will never win"...

I barely liked Zelda before. Adding an element to it that I don't care for isn't making me really want to go out and get it.
    Po calling someone else a hater is too funny to be real.

• Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias "Therefore, I've ordered humanity's extermination!" Joined: Posts: 3,166

Figured I'd ask you, Mr. "I voted for someone who is going to intentionally tank our economy, send our already shitty medical system even further into the toilet, and cause actual 'Vhere are yoor paperz' incidents in university classes."

You have no room to talk down on anyone when you actively voted to make our lives worse. Not that clinton was much better, but now we're accelerating our problems rather than just holding ground. Previously you were just a loudmouth. Now you're part of the problem.

I barely liked Zelda before. Adding an element to it that I don't care for isn't making me really want to go out and get it.

i didn't like zelda before this either. I'm 80 hours in and still counting
    I played this again.

The neutered stage list really ruins the game for me. I think Smash 4 needs the spice to keep it interesting and since I'm done deluding myself into thinking that the community lists are the legit way to play or whatever causes us all to buckle and do whatever the masses do I've just started making my own lists.

most of the stages are either too big or have other issues. do your own thing but you're not going to attract many people with those other stages, po might join though :lol:
    Not saying I'm tryna relive this gigantic L. But I'll post it cuz I can't be ashamed of it and just learn from the lost. Open to analysis or pointers. Maybe you guys will see something I definitely didn't notice.

I definitely need to mix up of my approach options and I'm not very good at spin dash mixups.

edited March 19
    FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY

As for "you don't know what's good", yes he does. @UnSaxon51 , tell them. Tell them what is best in life.

Crush your enemies. And see them driven before you.

RE: Zelda
    I'm enjoying it more than I was at first, but I still think people were over-selling the game a lot.

RE: Horizon
    I don't own a PS4, so this was never an option.

Crush your enemies. And see them driven before you.

XhhYcs6.gif
    I'm enjoying it more than I was at first, but I still think people were over-selling the game a lot.

NO THEY WEREN'T

IT'S A MASTERPIECE, PERFECT IN EVERY WAY

I HAVE NEVER PLAYED A GAME SO AMAZING UNTIL NOW

YOU MUST LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I DO
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Meh, I don't care enough bout Zelda. Pass.

On top of that, everyone always gets drunk on a new Zelda when it drops, up playing it(something it and Final Fantasy have in common). I'll wait to get an honest answer in a few months when everyone's had time to digest and I've burned though the games I want to play.
    Meh, I don't care enough bout Zelda. Pass.

On top of that, everyone always gets drunk on a new Zelda when it drops, up playing it(something it and Final Fantasy have in common). I'll wait to get an honest answer in a few months when everyone's had time to digest and I've burned though the games I want to play.

We are giving you honest answers. Ive put 80 hours into the game, lw and po are probably around the same level. It's an incredible game that ups the ante of open world exploring. It's not all fetch quests and grinding enemies, it's a rewarding exploration. It drives you to explore every corner and find new things. I dont like zelda too much (ive only beaten oot, four swords gcn, phantom hourglass and skyword sword by association, was never amazed). This one is different. It doesnt have the 3d zelda formula of having a set dungeon path and using that item from the dungeon to beat it. It sets you up, gives you everything you need, and then says defeat ganon. How you choose to do it and when is entirely up to you

This game doesnt feel like a zelda game but it is
    It doesnt have the 3d zelda formula of having a set dungeon path and using that item from the dungeon to beat it. It sets you up, gives you everything you need, and then says defeat ganon. How you choose to do it and when is entirely up to you

This sounds a lot like Link Between Worlds, which was also excellent.

It doesnt have the 3d zelda formula of having a set dungeon path and using that item from the dungeon to beat it. It sets you up, gives you everything you need, and then says defeat ganon. How you choose to do it and when is entirely up to you

This sounds a lot like Link Between Worlds, which was also excellent.

It's only similar with the out of order thing. Other than that they're very different. Botw takes no time throwing you into the action
    I'd argue it's Zelda in it's purest form
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    Like I said, it's the idea behind Zelda 1 fully realized.

I'm 80+ hours deep, and have seen less than half the entire map... So much shit to do and see at any given time, and it never feels like a chore, but a real adventure instead.
    Nothing you guys are saying is particularly appealing. Nor was the gameplay I've seen thus far (which has been a decent chunk). It's been lukewarm at best to be honest.

I may pick it up down the line if I get a Switch (and when the Switch has games) and need a bundle. That's about the best you're gonna get from me.
    Well, this is the same guy who returned Xenoblade Chronicles, so I suppose his bad taste is to be expected. :coffee:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

I barely care about Breath of the Wild.

I return Xenoblade Chronicles.

I run out and immediately buy Digimon World: Next Order when it drops

SzcCmm.gif
    I was one of the game's biggest skeptics before release ,and I love it now.
    Not surprised this is coming from someone who enjoys persona and mass effect.

Xenoblade chronicles wasn't bad , but it was waaay too long and repetitive.
    I couldn't finish the sequel Xenoblade chronicles Explain nothing the game X.
    David loves BotW...but dislikes XCX.

nsr.gif
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Your taste shaming....mmmm...so delicious....mmm...it sustains me. MORE! DRIZZLE MORE INTO MY MOUTH AND BE MERRY!