Super Smash Bros. General - Patience and Spacing....or Whine and Moan

Comments

• LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Frame Data Wizard Joined: Posts: 19,423
    Your taste shaming....mmmm...so delicious....mmm...it sustains me. MORE! DRIZZLE MORE INTO MY MOUTH AND BE MERRY!

Now I know how you guys felt when I was saying how many of your favorite games I didn't like :rofl:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Chun-li, Juri
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,093
    edited March 19
    Davidstar wrote: »
    I was one of the game's biggest skeptics before release ,and I love it now.
    Not surprised this is coming from someone who enjoys persona and mass effect.

Xenoblade chronicles wasn't bad , but it was waaay too long and repetitive.
    I couldn't finish the sequel Xenoblade chronicles Explain nothing the game X.

But mass effect is my favorite series and im loving botw

Never played persona, maybe since you hate it ill like it

This game isnt as daunting as xenoblade either. I have xenoblade and put in 30 hours, it just didnt grab me like botw did. That game felt like you needed to play it as a full time job
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 132
    edited March 19
    dre37k wrote: »
    Not saying I'm tryna relive this gigantic L. But I'll post it cuz I can't be ashamed of it and just learn from the lost. Open to analysis or pointers. Maybe you guys will see something I definitely didn't notice.

I definitely need to mix up of my approach options and I'm not very good at spin dash mixups.

Sonic is one of Ryu's worst match-ups and all I saw was you struggling for fifteen minutes lol. You missed a lot of shit though or overshot a lot of attacks. Overall, that match was boring ass shit except for the end.

@Phantom Angel damn Tyrone I already got all of the DLC for MK8. Nintendo wants me to buy the same shit again?
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,164
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Have any of you hating ass mofos actually played Zelda long enough to get off the Plateau? I personally dislike "open world" games, but this doesn't feel like a GTA, just basically the true realization of Zelda 1.

Y'all sound like the same cats talking about "Marth isn't that good" and "Lucario is one big gimmick, and will never win"...

How does it feel to be constantly wrong about everything?

I barely liked Zelda before. Adding an element to it that I don't care for isn't making me really want to go out and get it.

i didn't like zelda before this either. I'm 80 hours in and still counting
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    I played this again.

The neutered stage list really ruins the game for me. I think Smash 4 needs the spice to keep it interesting and since I'm done deluding myself into thinking that the community lists are the legit way to play or whatever causes us all to buckle and do whatever the masses do I've just started making my own lists.

most of the stages are either too big or have other issues. do your own thing but you're not going to attract many people with those other stages, po might join though :lol:
    Dude, that's exactly it. I'm not making any money playing Smash 4, I'd go out and say 95% of the tournament crowd has 0 shot at it and I likely never will so why should we give a shit what they run at tournaments? Just have fun your way. Stop giving the will of a select few TOs so much power.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 26,712
    damn Tyrone I already got all of the DLC for MK8. Nintendo wants me to buy the same shit again?

I guess you don't have to buy it unless you really need to play some MK8 on the go. Price seems ok, tho. That's saying a lot for nickel-and-diming Nintendo.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 22,112
    But it has BATTLE MODE, Inklings, and a Splatoon stage now...

TOTALLY worth re-buying at full price...

..and yes, I say this knowing full well my ears would perk at a Smash 4 update that added Bomberman, Wonder Red, Ice Climbers, a new stage or two alongside all the other Smash 4 DLC included.

But not for full price, ESPECIALLY if you already own it for Wii U... Nintendo owes the people that hung in there on Wii U... Owes them GREATLY.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh He rains salty tears Joined: Posts: 8,180
    What kind of deal could Nintendo do to help out Smash Wii U buyers make the jump to Switch?
    NNID: a2handedmonk
    What kind of deal could Nintendo do to help out Smash Wii U buyers make the jump to Switch?

The very least would be a reduced price point for Wii U owners... maybe even toss in some exclusive Mii Costumes, or early access... Something other than the usual, "buy this game again you already own" shit they typically do.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias "Therefore, I've ordered humanity's extermination!" Joined: Posts: 3,167
    edited March 20
    Exclusive Mii Fighter costumes? Like the Mii Fighters even fucking matter.

You can't use them online except with friends because little timmy will be mentally ruined for life if he encounters lord penisface in a For Glory match. You can't use them in tournaments, and if you can it's in their useless-ass 1111 moveset because fucking useless trash like zero and mvd are too fucking scrubby to cope with some of the weakest characters in the roster.

Such a fun idea, ruined by shitheads.

(Yes, I am bitter I spent so much time on making characters for that feature and not being allowed to use them in the end.)
    Didn't help that 2/3rd of Mii Fighters were awful and the last one was potentially busted to hell.
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias "Therefore, I've ordered humanity's extermination!" Joined: Posts: 3,167
    Potentially, but not actually. Turns out Brawler's major problem was a glitch which quickly got fixed. Brawler's other 'problem' is something ZSS can do just as well as Brawler can, possibly better. And the other two being 'awful' is really just another mark against mvd, zero, anther, and all the other idiots who couldn't cope with them.

And don't anyone start on the logistics. there were easy fixes for that. That shit was a cheap excuse.
    Potentially, but not actually. Turns out Brawler's major problem was a glitch which quickly got fixed. Brawler's other 'problem' is something ZSS can do just as well as Brawler can, possibly better. And the other two being 'awful' is really just another mark against mvd, zero, anther, and all the other idiots who couldn't cope with them.

And don't anyone start on the logistics. there were easy fixes for that. That shit was a cheap excuse.

No not that. Tiny Brawler transcends the One Inch Punch and Helicopter Kick
    What, the run-away potential? In that case ban sonic the hedgehog too. And limit the Miis to 50-50 size. I and damn near everyone else pushing for their tournament legality was damn well willing to accept the size limit.
    edited March 20
    ..............no. Tiny Mii Brawler was incredibly fast on air and ground with miniscule recovery and an amazing combo game. He's really quite the terror even before adding in Helicopter Kick.

Normal Mii Brawler is Tiny Mii Brawler's Dr. Mario. Hits harder, but inferior in almost every other way.
    Hell, most of us wanting legal Miis said we'd go for 50-50 size if the scenario you describe was a concern. We were insulted by most of the fuckwits over at smashboards anyway.
    Tiny mii brawler is the best character in smash ever made. That character is legit broken beyond belief

He has a midscreen combo on bowser that KOs from 20% and bowser cant escape it. His overall mobility is better than sonics as well on top of having actual escape moves too. He also is the size of pichu

Tiny mii brawler is the reason miis are locked into a size
  • WindalfrWindalfr Moe is cancer Joined: Posts: 1,649
    mii brawler was so fun
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 PUT ME IN YOUR DAMN CROSSOVER GAME OR ELSE Joined: Posts: 3,784
    I will say this about BotW. The more you play it, the more you want to keep playing. It has a very slow start, but once you get into a groove it's hard to stop.
    I was still pretty "meh" about it overall right up until I unlocked my first flashback, and since that point I just want to keep going.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • DooplissDoopliss Joined: Posts: 3,162
    edited March 20
    IT'S A MASTERPIECE, PERFECT IN EVERY WAY
    The story's told through non-interactive flashbacks. That's almost as bad as "It was all just a dream". Honestly, the story in BotW is so mediocre I almost feel like Nintendo played me with that story trailer. As a result, SS is still my favorite Zelda game.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Combo Hunter", A Street Fighter V Season 2 Combo Video
    Doopliss wrote: »
    The story's told through non-interactive flashbacks. That's almost as bad as "It was all just a dream". Honestly, the story in BotW is so mediocre I almost feel like Nintendo played me with that story trailer. As a result, SS is still my favorite Zelda game.

It helps keep a good story without forcing the game to follow a linear path to follow those events. I love that they did it that way while adding more pieces to it from your experiences in the current day as you wander around the open world.

I think you were just looking for something different out of it.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

If Tiny Brawler was indeed that much of a problem, then again there were tons of Mii players willing to stick to 50-50 size. We wanted the core idea of 'a Mii Fighter with a movelist we select.' Size was entirely optional to that ideal. But no, fuckers like mvd and zero insulted Mii players and threatened to not attend tournaments where Miis were allowed. So TOs caved.

As for Zelda, I'll tell you what I wanted: I wanted to play as Zelda in 'The Legend of Zelda.' That would be fun.

Maybe I'll get more time to put into My Breath is Wild this weekend though. I get the feeling I'll like it more then.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,164

Combine it with the 3DS version for one big ultimate version and add more on top of that. There is no system in place for them to know who bought what on WiiU to give the Switch discount and they know the re-releases will sell like gangbusters anyway. They'll get WiiU buyers by making it a worthwhile package in its own right.
    If Tiny Brawler was indeed that much of a problem, then again there were tons of Mii players willing to stick to 50-50 size. We wanted the core idea of 'a Mii Fighter with a movelist we select.' Size was entirely optional to that ideal. But no, fuckers like mvd and zero insulted Mii players and threatened to not attend tournaments where Miis were allowed. So TOs caved.

As for Zelda, I'll tell you what I wanted: I wanted to play as Zelda in 'The Legend of Zelda.' That would be fun.

Maybe I'll get more time to put into My Breath is Wild this weekend though. I get the feeling I'll like it more then.

Miis are but one victim in the top player dominated scene, join me on the dark side where we do whatever because we're not delusional enough to think a video game is a career choice.

Playing as Zelda in Zelda, that's hilarious. That sounds like a stupid joke I made as a kid. Like how I "complained" most of Street Fighter wasn't in the street or that Smash Bros. featured not only characters who weren't brothers but females as well.
    edited March 20

It helps keep a good story without forcing the game to follow a linear path to follow those events. I love that they did it that way while adding more pieces to it from your experiences in the current day as you wander around the open world.

I think you were just looking for something different out of it.

I mean I get that they had to do something like this because of how open the game is, but it left me wanting to play what happened a 100 years ago over the game itself. It's also guilty of telling you about a lot of cool stuff without actually showing it, you only catch glimpses. If that means we'll get a BotW2 taking place in the past later I'd be all for it though.

Don't get me wrong, I still loved the game. It's just that the story is far from perfect and brings it down somewhat, which will definitely keep me from replaying the game in the future.

To be on-topic, I only ever played big brawler since all my miis are big, maybe I should try the small one too. Always liked their moveset.

• UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 PUT ME IN YOUR DAMN CROSSOVER GAME OR ELSE Joined: Posts: 3,784
    I turned all my friends into Mii Fighters and have not touched them since the first month.

The story's told through non-interactive flashbacks. That's almost as bad as "It was all just a dream".

Interesting, because when I unlocked my first flashback, that was what really motivated me to keep going. Maybe it depends on which one you get first?
    Different strokes, I guess.

BotW Zelda for Super Switch Brothers

UnSaxon51 wrote: »

I'd be down for this. That, or a total retool of Zelda's current combat design. I love her Twilight Princess art style, but if she's going to keep being this shitty a character then she needs major overhauls.
    edited March 20
    The story's told through non-interactive flashbacks. That's almost as bad as "It was all just a dream".

Interesting, because when I unlocked my first flashback, that was what really motivated me to keep going. Maybe it depends on which one you get first?

The issue is what happens wheny you've found them all imo. That's the first time I thought "Huh. I don't think I wanna play this game for very much longer".

The issue is what happens wheny you've found them all imo. That's the first time I thought "Huh. I don't think I wanna play this game for very much longer".

By the time you find them all, you're at the end of the game
    Doopliss has bad taste.

Next.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Zelda's not shitty in Smash 4... She just requires more reaction-based responses and conditioning than your average, "do this one thing to win" bullshit ass character.

They can't all have Buster Swords and Mario's mobility in one package...
    Shut the fuck up, po.
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,262

Better netcode.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
    edited March 21

By the time you find them all, you're at the end of the game
    Not if you go out of the way to get them earlier, like I did (Pretty easy to deduce I had to go you-know-where for one of them). Besides, what dictases when you're at the end in a game like this? Sure, I had all the story missions done, but I still had only scraped the surface of the world.

Doopliss has bad taste.

Next.
    I mean, if you can't even see how someone might think the story elements are kinda lackluster, then I don't know what to tell you.

edited March 21
    I mean, if you can't even see how someone might think the story elements are kinda lackluster, than I don't know what to tell you.

I have a suggestion
    SzcCmm.gif
    That GIF will never not be great.

• GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Crush Claws Joined: Posts: 2,870
    "Sad anime flashbacks" ≠ Story progression.
    "You either love my motion controls...or die."  Shigeru Miyamoto
    People expecting a "deep" story in a Zelda game... ROFL.

Probably the same fools that want a psychoanalysis on Dr. Wily's motivations for making killer robots.
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Crush Claws Joined: Posts: 2,870

Well, when the pre-release stuff indicated that they were stepping up their game from the usual trite, that's not an unreasonable expectation to have this time.
    "You either love my motion controls...or die."  Shigeru Miyamoto
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,325
    Po should make a personal tier list. I'd love to see how twisted your mind is lol
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
    Fuck off tier: Cloud, Mario, Sheik, maybe Sonic

Good tier: Everyone else

• Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,262

Did nothing wrong tier: Bayo

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT tier: MEGA MAN!
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
    SS, WW, TP and OoT all have good enough stories and characters, mainly because (and I'm gonna spoiler tag here incase some people still haven't beaten BotW)
    they have interesting villains (I fucking love to hate Ghirahim, the final battle with him was pretty much the end boss for me while Demise was some kind of weird bonus). Making good villains is something nintendo has backed away from lately it seems, now they're just there for you to reach them and defeat them.

Take Sonic off. I laugh at Sonics. They can't do shit about lemons, then get pissed because their lame tactics get used against them...

Add a "Not Good" tier and put Ganon, Jiggz, and the Miis not named tiny Brawler there.

Seriously though, if I'm ranking the characters, it would go:
    S-tier: Diddy, Cloud, Bayonetta

A-tier: Mario, Sheik, Sonic, Zero Suit Samus, Fox, Marth, Ryu, Mewtwo, Meta-Knight, Rosalina, Corrin(stop sleeping on this character), Villager, Toon Link

B-tier: Lucina(stop sleeping on this character), Luigi, Dark Pit, Pit, Captain Falcon, Mega Man, Pikachu, Peach(stop sleeping on this character), Lucario, Bowser, Kirby, Falco, Lucas(stop sleeping on this character)

C-Tier: Ness, Ike, Greninja, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Samus, Link, ROB, Roy, Charizard, Wario, Dr. Mario, Olimar, Robin, Zelda(yes, she's this good)

D-tier: Little Mac, Palutena, Shulk, Pac-Man, Wii Fit Trainer, King Dedede, Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt, Mr. Game and Watch

F-tier: Ganondorf, Jigglypuff

Didn't rank the Miis, but Brawler would be mid A-tier(tiny variant in S), Gunner is top of F-tier, and Swordsman is bottom of D-tier
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 4,894
    Reasonable
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    I'd probably put Cloud a bit lower than #2, if only because a lot of the higher matchups are out of his favor. I'd say probably #3.
    edited March 22
    Until I see a Cloud get Guilty Gear Destroyed by an Olimar, or similar character the way Shuton wrecked Captain Zack, that mofo is number two.
    I can't find a Captain Zack fight vs Shuton.

What I can find is him getting 3-1'd by Salem at Frostbite so I'm gonna go ahead and say Shuton was just better than Captain Zack, rather than a character specific deal.
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,325
    I believe cloud got destroyed here.

HE DEFINITELY GOT GUILTY GEARED HERE LMAO

NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
    Probably the same fools that want a psychoanalysis on Dr. Wily's motivations for making killer robots.

Not hard to do. This is based on a cursory look at the story materials for the series... as I understand it, Dr. Light and Dr. Wily previously worked together, and their advances in AI were revolutionary. However, Dr. Light got most of the credit within the scientific community and general public opinion, leaving Dr. Wily feeling snubbed. From this, I can surmise Wily originally had a 'world is nurturing' worldview prior to that incident (the alternative, formed extremely early in childhood, infancy even, is that the world is viewed as hostile) but this incident was a major shock to that. It is equally possible that Wily always had Narcissistic Personality Disorder ("NPD"), though both possibilities are outright conjecture as we're not told about his child and teen years. Alternatively, there might be an underlying physical illness in his brain inducing behavior consistent with mental illness. In any case, he felt betrayed.

Getting no recognition, credit, or success for his hard work was a serious affront to either his work ethic and sense of justice, or a slight to his narcissism. From this point forward, I think it is more accurate to address his world-view within the context of NPD since no material in the games backs up the idea a physical issue is present in his brain. With this established, Wily's motives become clear: He will take the 'credit he deserves' by force; he will show the world he was the true genius (or at least A true genius) behind AI robots by designing great enough ones to take over the world.

That he hasn't quite had the sense to build up an army and storm Dr. Light's labs, overwhelm Mega Man by sheer numbers, and THEN take over the world suggests he's something of an 'idiot savant' though.

But there you have it: Wily most likely has NPD, felt cheated by the lack of recognition, and attacked the world to soothe his hurt self-esteem.

...Of course, this diagnosis is made based on only a very, very quick reading of the story material for Mega Man games. If I'm missing something, this would affect the diagnosis. I also admit that such 'remote diagnosis' is considered unethical when done about a real person, but since Dr. Wily is fictional I think it's okay in this case.
    dre37k wrote: »
    I believe cloud got destroyed here.

I was actually about to post that Weegee video.

There's another one with eLegant that I think Po posted a while back that was pretty harsh too