Super Smash Bros. General - Patience and Spacing....or Whine and Moan

Comments

• Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 10,010
    They learned they could hack, so they experimented and decided to make melee 2.0. It's not arrogance, it's a learning experience to see how much you can do with an engine.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Joined: Posts: 23,057
    po pimpus wrote: »
    That's the othet thing about ZSS and Rosalina that sets them apart from *redacted*... They have legit weaknesses and bad matchups with other characters...

For all crying people do over Ryu, all you have to do is pick Mega Man or some else that can zone him well and stay out of his range.

You can't do that to *redacted*.

And LW, I SWEARTAGAWD, if you call that "breaking the rules" you and the other assholes agreeing with you can fuck right off.

This post is fine.

That other post you made that I called you out on is not.
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,925
    edited December 2015
    I see where Po is coming from in regards to PM. It's kinda' why I wasn't a fan at first, pretty much felt like it started as "we can make your game better than you can."

I don't think that was fully PMDT's intent... but there are loud people in the PM community that have that attitude that make it seem that way. This became super-apparent to me as an outsider looking in when Smash 4 released.

Resentment between games is always a thing in any competitive crowd, and FGs are no different... but the beef between Smash games is insane.

And at least at the start, Smash 4 was immediately PM's boogeyman.
    I'm honestly surprised more people haven't picked up pocket tiny characters against ZSS

Because only two play play ZSS lol

There's a lot of ZSS players, there's just only 2-3 notable ones at high level play (that make it out of pools).

But as a sign of how bad that matchup is, Nairo went DOC against Pikachu.

Months later and that still hasn't sunk in to my brain yet lol.
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    SFV - Juri, Cammy | Sm4sh - FemCorrin |
    KOFXIV - Luong / Athena / MuiMui |
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,666
    edited December 2015
    Cyntalan wrote: »
    Stupid kid name crap

Where have you been?

All_103dae_2894739.jpg
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,753
    Couldn't they just legally change his name and still get the free shit?
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    Looking forward to the first parents to name their kids after Pokemon

Surprised we haven't seen Charizard Jones yet
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    roknin wrote: »

Could be worse.

People could be naming their kids after ponies.

...that's not a thing, right?
    edited December 2015

Could be worse.

http://nameberry.com/blog/they-named-the-baby-what-the-most-outrageous-new-names-of-2013#more-33586

There are seven three-year-olds in the world that have the name 'Rarity'

Makes me glad that gaming's Mascot uses a real name. In Earth-2 they may have named him Sonic.
    edited December 2015

Could be worse.

http://nameberry.com/blog/they-named-the-baby-what-the-most-outrageous-new-names-of-2013#more-33586

...well I'll be damned.

Like, I don't have a problem with this to an extent. Like, for example, Zelda Williams. Sure, named after the game character, but Zelda is an actual name that exists and has a non-game meaning and works as a real name.

That, and its subtle.

Naming your kid Rarity? The hell?

It's as bad as naming your kids after cars and champagne or some shit.

Why the fuck are you naming your kid Mitsubishi
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~

equestria_girls___rarity_by_rariedash-d65gt2n.png

...now I'm sorry I asked.

At least we don't have Pikachu Smith.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,201
    edited December 2015
    Mood's an idiot. Just ignore him.

Don't do that to people on the cool people list man. C'mon. Be cool, be wild, be groovy. Those are the rules.
    edited December 2015

equestria_girls___rarity_by_rariedash-d65gt2n.png

...now I'm sorry I asked.

At least we don't have Pikachu Smith.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/11/28/japanese-politician-takes-a-stand-against-parents-naming-their-children-pikachu/

Care to quit while you're behind?

I...um...well...

...at least they aren't naming their kids Rainbow?

mlfw5593-rdanimated7.gif
    edited December 2015

I...um...well...

...at least they aren't naming their kids Rainbow?

mlfw5593-rdanimated7.gif

Capture.JPG

Oh and incase you were wondering about just 'Rainbow'

http://celebritybabies.people.com/2013/03/08/holly-madison-welcomes-daughter-rainbow-aurora/
  • CyntalanCyntalan The Metamoderator™ Is Here Joined: Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Queue the tramatized RD gif.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

"NO! NOT LIKE THIS!" - Random audience member, Evo 2k9 SC4 finals. Go Hilde!
    "You are a weird, adorable little man, OZ." - Vynce
    "I violated marc but we definitely cool now." - dre37k
    Rainbow is a name for a child born from hippies. It's not exactly an uncommon one, either.

Yup. Hippie names were pretty stupid.

If you're gonna name your kid after your favorite video game character, do everyone a favor and become a fan of Uncharted, Super Mario 3, Tomb Raider, or Fire Emblem: Blinding Blade.
  • CyntalanCyntalan The Metamoderator™ Is Here Joined: Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rainbow is a name for a child born from hippies. It's not exactly an uncommon one, either.

Yup. Hippie names were pretty stupid.

If you're gonna name your kid after your favorite video game character, do everyone a favor and become a fan of Uncharted, Super Mario 3, Tomb Raider, or Fire Emblem: Blinding Blade.

You can work with it a bit if you're a Final Fantasy fan and name your child Cid.

:wonder:
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

"NO! NOT LIKE THIS!" - Random audience member, Evo 2k9 SC4 finals. Go Hilde!
    "You are a weird, adorable little man, OZ." - Vynce
    "I violated marc but we definitely cool now." - dre37k
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,753
    Or Devil May Cry... If those twins were named Dante and Vergil, we wouldn't have a problem.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,098
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    Mood's an idiot. Just ignore him.

Don't do that to people on the cool people list man. C'mon. Be cool, be wild, be groovy. Those are the rules.

People here try and beat your ass in theory fighter cause they know they can't win at the actual game
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,486
    OMW to have a child and name it Albert Wesker.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
    That reminds me

So Worst IRC and I were talking about the differences between each iteration of smash. Said that all the changes from Brawl to Wii U were mostly tweaks. When asked about it, he brought up how a big difference between 'tweaked' and 'changed'(the latter being more drastic and impactful) were new moves

So who has received new moves each iteration? And how many per person? Do we know which game had the most new moves from the last game?

Ignoring global changes like Side Bs from 64 to Melee, Final Smashes from Melee to Brawl and Customs from Brawl to Smash 64
    OMW to have a child and name it Albert Wesker.

A distant cousin of mine did that. Turned out to be surprise identical twins.

Here's a picture of each of them

Younger twin
    1240232421022_f.jpg

And Older Twin
    ham.jpg
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,780
    edited December 2015
    Of the OGs, Mario, Kirby, and Link have probably seen the most moveset changes.

Falco got the biggest overhaul of the Melee crew... Bowser as well.

Pit got almost completely reworked from Brawl to Smash 4.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Of the OGs, Mario, Kirby, and Link have probably seen the most moveset changes.

Falco got the biggest overhaul of the Melee crew... Bowser as well.

Pit got almost completely reworked from Brawl to Smash 4.

No no, I mean legitimate new moves or extreme changes to existing one

Wario Fsmash

FLUDD

Gordo Toss

Kirby Dash Attack...twice

In other news, Papa Sakurai was on Famitsu recently

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/65964/20151204/super-smash-bros-teases-cloud-news-direct-reveals-patching-games.htm

He does have Cloud info on the patch(duh), but this confirms we won't get Cloud before the direct (also duh)

More importantly, he has words about patches/DLC
    edited December 2015
    Samus nair from brawl to smash 4
    Yoshi usmash and ftilt from brawl to smash 4
    Link fsmash from 64 to melee, fair from melee to brawl, and dash attack from brawl to smash 4
    Peach uair from brawl to smash 4 and utilt from melee to brawl
    Bowser side b from melee to brawl and fsmash, nair, bair, and dash attack from brawl to smash 4
    Pit.....i dont wanna go into but it's a lot of moves
    Zss fsmash and up b from brawl to smash 4
    Pikachu nair from 64 to melee
    Falcon nair and fair from 64 to melee
    Ness nair from 64 to melee
    Kirby nair, uair, and dash attack from 64 to melee amd side b and dash attack from melee to brawl
    Ganon side b, usmash, dtilt, and ftilt from melee to brawl
    Charizard side b, down b, dtilt, ftilt, bair, and fair from brawl to smash 4
    D3 bair (why ninty?), dtilt, side b, and ftilt (?) From brawl to smash 4
    Mk up b from brawl to smash 4
    Dk fsmash from 64 to melee and dash attack from brawl to smash 4
    Sonic dsmash and dash attack from brawl to smash 4
    Mario fsmash and fair from 64 to melee and down b and dair melee to brawl.
    Luigi fsmash and fair from 64 to melee
    Fox fsmash, fair, and neutral b from 64 to melee
    Wario fsmash and usmash from brawl to smash 4
    Zelda down b from brawl to smash 4
    Sheik down b and side b from brawl to smash 4
    Falco from melee to brawl

Im trying to think of others
    Post edited by Mood4food77 on
    edited December 2015
    Sheik and Zelda from Brawl to Smash 4. Down Special for Zelda, DOwn and Side for Zelda
    edited December 2015
    There were several animation changes (particularly from N64 to Melee) but I'll try to focus on the ones that had a greater impact on the move itself, and excluding the side-b additions from N64 to Melee.

Luigi:
    N64 -> Melee: F-air changed, from a front kick to the karate chop. F-smash changed from a straight punch to the heart pluck. I think he got the alternate jab ender in this game but that's not really a new move.

Brawl -> Wii U: Down throw animation was changed, not really a new move though.

Mario:
    N64 -> Melee: F-air changed, from the front kick to the meteor smash. F-smash changed from a straight punch to putting out his palm with fire at the end.

Melee -> Brawl: Down-B changed to F.L.U.D.D, down-air changed to the tornado.

DK:
    N64 -> Melee: D-smash changed from a breakdance to pounding the ground on either side of him (fewer active frames but more reach). U-air changed from swiping the air above him with his arm to a headbutt (more power but less coverage).

Brawl -> Sm4sh: Dash attack changed from a front kick that covers a small area to the roll which has long active frames and covers his entire body. New air hand slaps. Up-B has a new animation on the ground.

Link:
    N64 -> Melee: F-smash changed from a single overhead swipe to the long reaching forward slash that he steps forward with, and of course the follow-up. Dash attack changed from stabbing outwards with the sword to a quick swipe in front of him (losing a good amount of active frames). Air Spin attack changed from a single strike to a multi-hitting attack with a finishing slash to send them flying away. Also gave him the ability to use the hookshot in mid-air.

Melee -> Brawl: Spin attack on the ground can be charged. F-air changed to a double slash, instead of just spinning around with the sword. Given the Gale Boomerang. Illusion Stab removed.

Brawl -> Sm4sh: Dash Attack changed to the jump attack.

Samus:
    N64 -> Melee: D-tilt changed from a kick to the explosion thingy.

Brawl -> Sm4sh: N-air changed to kicking in front then behind.

Captain Falcon:
    N64 -> Melee: F-air was changed to N-air, F-air is now the Knee of Justice. F-smash changed from a quick front kick with a ton of range to the elbow strike. U-smash changed from a quick elbow strike upwards to the double kick. D-smash changed from doing a sweeping kick around him (pretty much the same as Samus') to the kick in front the behind him.

Melee -> Brawl: Can reverse Falcon Punch.

Ness:
    N64 -> Melee: N-air changed from kicking with both legs to spinning around with his arms extended. Dash Attack and F-air were changed to multi-hitting moves with PSI power instead of just swatting you with his hands (same animation though, so I dunno if that one really counts)

Yoshi:
    N64 -> Melee: I actually don't think there were any, but I may be wrong.

Brawl -> Sm4sh: New U-smash. Covers from in front of him to behind him instead of from behind to in front, better horizontal range. New dash attack, more range and more active frames.

Kirby:
    N64 -> Melee: U-air is now N-air. U-air changed to the flip kick. Dash Attack changed to the fireball. F-air changed from a front drill kick to the triple kicks.

Fox:
    N64 -> Melee: U-tilt changed from a kick straight above him to a kick from behind him to above his head. F-smash changed from a front kick to the advancing roundhouse kick. F-air changed from a single hitting front kick to the multi-hitting kicks. Blaster changed to rapid fire.

Melee -> Brawl: F-air animation changed so it has more reach and combos better (further improved in Sm4sh).

Pikachu:
    N64 -> Melee: N-air changed from a kick to the spinning one. B-air changed from a back kick to the spinning multi-hit. D-smash changed from kicking once in front and in back to the spinning electric multi-hit one.

Jigglypuff:
    I don't think Jigglypuff has gotten any move changes throughout the entire series.

Mewtwo:
    I don't think he got any move changes in Sm4sh

Marth:
    Melee -> Brawl: Neutral B animation changed. Side B animations were altered and it flows far better but I don't remember to what extent the animation changes were (I do remember that side b down 3 spiked in Melee but has a different animation and doesn't spike in Brawl).

Bowser:
    Melee -> Brawl: Side B altered from the Koopa Claw to the flying slam.

Brawl -> Sm4sh: New Dash Attack with better reach and more active frames. New F-smash with better reach, though it doesn't hit twice. New N-air with a better hitbox and more reach but hits multiple times instead of knocking them away once. New B-air with better reach but it doesn't cover as great a range vertically.

Falco:
    Melee -> Brawl: New Jabs, new U-tilt, new F-smash, new N-air, new f-air, and I believe a new u-air. Down-B changed so he kicks it away from him.

Brawl -> Sm4sh: New U-smash, hits twice and has better vertical reach. New b-air, altered animation with tons of KO power but no longer functions like a sex kick.

Ganondorf:
    Melee -> Brawl: Jab changed, much slower but I think it has more reach. U-smash changed from the double kicks to the single up kick. Side B changed to the flame choke, introducing the Ganoncide. Can reverse Warlock Punch.

Roy:
    Melee -> Sm4sh: New Jab, less range than in Melee. New f-tilt, also less range. New f-smash, better range and easier to hit with the sweetspot. New d-air. Side-b was altered like Marth's was. New dash attack which is faster and easier to sweetspot.

Mr. Game and Watch:
    Melee -> Brawl: N-air changed from the Parachute to the fishbowl. Parachute added to his up-b.

Peach:
    Brawl -> Sm4sh: New u-air, hits twice and has better horizontal coverage.

Sheik:
    Melee -> Brawl: Down-air changed to a dive kick.

Brawl -> Sm4sh: New side-B and new down-B. U-air changed from a single hitting strike to a multi-hitting one.

Zelda:
    Brawl -> Sm4sh: New down-B.

Charizard:
    Brawl -> Sm4sh: New f-air. Now a claw swipe instead of a fire breath forward. Better coverage above him and no longer has a sourspot that doesn't flinch. D-air changed to hit with one leg instead of a stomp with both legs, better range. U-air changed to a sweeping headbutt instead of jabbing his head straight upwards, much better coverage horizontally. Side-B changed to down-B, new side-B. Up-throw changed.

King Dedede:
    Brawl -> Sm4sh: New d-tilt, cartwheels forward instead of kicking. Faster and better range. New f-air, swings downwards in front of him instead of upwards. New b-air, swings the hammer behind him instead of kicking. New d-air, now a slow spike instead of spinning the hammer below him. New side-b, removes RNG from it and Gordos function differently. New down-throw, sets up combos instead of chain grabs.

Wario:
    Brawl -> Sm4sh: New f-smash. Loses armor but has more range. New d-smash, swings around in a larger circle with much better range but doesn't last as long. New up-smash, now a headbutt with better horizontal coverage and hits once instead of a multi-hitting spin.

Pit:
    Brawl -> Sm4sh: F-tilt changed, from a short ranged swipe in front of him to a far reaching "scissor" strike with both blades. F-air changed from a short ranged swipe in front of him to a longer reaching multi-hitting attack with his weapon spinning in front of him. New side-B, no longer the multi-hitting spinning blade but now an armored charge forward that launches the opponent and can deflect projectiles. New down-b, now reflects and blocks attacks on both sides of him. New up-b, now a long reaching move that you can't follow-up after but you don't lose it if you get hit.

Toon Link:
    Brawl -> Sm4sh: No major changes in terms of animations or moves.

Sonic:
    Brawl -> Sm4sh: New d-smash. Split kick that hits on both sides of him simultaneously, instead of front then back.

Ike:
    BLUE FIYAH

ROB:
    Brawl -> Sm4sh: F-smash has a new animation. He leans downward and fires the beam at a much longer range. F-air has an altered animation which gives it much greater reach than it had before. Neutral B at full charge has a much larger beam, though granted that's not really a "new move."

Olimar:
    Brawl -> Sm4sh: Jabs changed. F-tilt changed. U-air altered, swings the pikmin above his head with better horizontal coverage, and now only hits once instead of being a multi-hit move. Up-B changed.

Zero Suit Samus:
    Brawl -> Sm4sh: New f-smash. Loses range but hits twice. New dash attack, less range at the start but lasts longer and goes farther. Down-b altered to have an attack when she's close to an opponent. New Up-B, removes the tether-only recover and instead is a multi-hitting kick. Now has a z-air.

Diddy Kong:
    Brawl -> Sm4sh: Diddy Kong has a new u-air animation which has better reach.

Lucario:
    Brawl -> Sm4sh: Almost all of his moves got new animations (only exceptions are d-tilt, u-tilt, d-air, neutral b, down b and up b) but most of them don't affect their functionality much. Aside from dash attack, which has much better reach now.

Meta Knight:
    Brawl -> Sm4sh: New Up-B, hits twice and doesn't glide.

Lucas:
    Brawl -> Sm4sh: No major move changes, aside from his tether actually hitting people.

Note I don't have a copy of Melee so I may miss some things there, as I'm just working from memory in that case.

So I don't know what Davidstar is smoking, but Smash 4 has the most major character changes in the series so far since N64 -> Melee.
    Post edited by LordWilliam1234 on
    Links fair changed?
    Links fair changed?

Yeah. In N64 and Melee he swung the sword once and spun around in the air once with it, there was a second hit when he finished rotating but it didn't really do anything. In Brawl and Smash 4 it's a deliberate double swipe in front of him, with the first hit being weak and the second hit knocking away.

So I don't know what Davidstar is smoking, but Smash 4 has the most major character changes in the series so far since N64 -> Melee.

This isn't about him though, in case that seemed my intention. I was mostly just curious.
    This isn't about him though, in case that seemed my intention. I was mostly just curious.

I know, that was just in response to what you said he said.

I can be a bit antagonistic when I see that I can prove someone wrong.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,201
    edited December 2015
    I don't like a lot of the Smash 4 animation changes.

Also Sonic is so lazily made. 2 spindashes, Pikachu's fair, Fox down smash. Just... why?

And Falco now using his "arms", I mean that's just stupid. The Starfox guys kick all the time because they have metallic legs/boots, it made sense.

And what the fuck is Link even doing for up air now?
    link is just showing off his sword

they should have given sonic his Brawl- down smash
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,780
    Link is using Up Thrust from Zelda II.

Falco is a bird, they use their wings to attack all the time.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    The IRC for the last 2 hours, summed up in one image

tumblr_inline_mxgqysuSnP1qh3yij.png

Po has bested me once in honorless WAHmbat, and has earned his WAHttorney's Badge

Mood4Food77 has not and is still a WAHdawan, but because he has defeated Po who in turn defeated me, I have offered him a fair deal. Expect a couple of Youtube WAHrio videos soon
This discussion has been closed.