Super Smash Bros. General - Patience and Spacing....or Whine and Moan

Comments

• po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,773
    edited December 2015
    @KaboXx, you LOL now, but Swans have been known to break bones with their wing slaps.

I appreciate the WAHspect, CG... I feel like some progress was made today. Will carry that with me into tomorrow.

*Oh Lord, I'm starting to sound like @EmblemLord...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Joined: Posts: 23,039
    I think Pocket Pika is a success. Probably won't bring him out much but I'll have him if the situation calls for it.

And still keeping in theme with me using only Smash 64 characters. TfrhfXB.png

(Maybe I should try pocket Captain Falcon next...)
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 10,009
    Apparently i can only use mario characters.

If my store is dead tomorrow ill probably search for some wario vids
  • KaboXxKaboXx FIGHTING CAT Joined: Posts: 3,965
    Where everyone at?! I saw it was full house earlier, the irc dead now >_<
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    http://kaboxx.deviantart.com/
  • owattjacobowattjacob Joined: Posts: 3,342
    sick the whole week

rip
    We had to go to sleep
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,486
    I just realized that the only character that I can use relatively well is R.O.B. I also use Jr, Mewtwo and Ryu, but I'm not very good with them. I was trying to invest on a secondary, but I don't know who. Considering that with R.O.B. I usually have problems with Mario, Fox, Sheik and other fast characters that can juggle me to eternity, wich character you guys think it's best to deal with R.O.B.'s counters?
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
    I just realized that the only character that I can use relatively well is R.O.B. I also use Jr, Mewtwo and Ryu, but I'm not very good with them. I was trying to invest on a secondary, but I don't know who. Considering that with R.O.B. I usually have problems with Mario, Fox, Sheik and other fast characters that can juggle me to eternity, wich character you guys think it's best to deal with R.O.B.'s counters?

Possibilities:
    main.png
    main.png

Or you could continue investing in Ryu.
    Mario would probably work better since he has a better match up with zss, diddy, and sheik than yoshi does (match ups rob struggles with)
    edited December 2015
    Side note, as someone who still loves Smash 64, it makes me happy to see so much of the original cast being good in this game. Luigi, Mario, Pikachu, Fox, Captain Falcon, Yoshi, and Ness are all really good, and even the likes of Jigglypuff, DK and Kirby I feel are quite solid.

RIP Link and Samus though. For Sakurai hates us LoZ and Metroid fans. :sad:

(Kind of ironic to say that though since 2 of the characters in the top 5 in this game are from LoZ and Metroid)

Possibilities:
    main.png
    main.png

Maybe I should stick with Ryu. I don't like Mario/Yoshi very much. Unless Doc also works becausd I like how the pellets travel.
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,652

Possibilities:
    main.png
    main.png

Unless Doc also works becausd I like how the pellets travel.

Any character who can get around ROB's projectiles can also exploit Doc's terribad recovery
    NNID: a2handedmonk
    Yea, doc's just bad. Outside of KO power, mario is better. They are not like pit/dark pit
    I wouldn't say he's outright bad, just outclassed.

He has a fair amount of the 'Mash buttons whenever' that Mario has still, and his KO power and throw setups ARE still there, albeit toned down.

But his crippling lack of recovery just makes him the worse option
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,366
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
    At this point, Sakurai's head gets slapped into more scenarios than John Cena
    Everyone loses to *redacted*, so using that as a reason to not play a character is foolishness.

Congrats on finding "your" character though... My prayers are with you for all the saltiness that will be unfairly thrown your way due to your character choice, but you can tell the haters to hold the many Ls you will be dropping upon them.

At least you're not a *redacted*, Fox, or goddamn Mario main...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,925
    edited December 2015
    Hehe, thanks. :)

And eh, Pikachu, ZSS and possibly MK seem to run even with her as of late from what I've seen. Rosa's not terrible for the matchup but you have to play very careful since Sheik can assassinate luma so easily, and you neeeeeeeed Luma to keep the match under control and check Sheik often.
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    SFV - Juri, Cammy | Sm4sh - FemCorrin |
    KOFXIV - Luong / Athena / MuiMui |
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
    My boy EL, you missed a bit.

There's a Smash dedicated Nintendo direct this month

Cloud announced for Smash. More details next Direct

We restarted the League. It''s on a trial basis at the moment
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,805
    oh i know about cloud. isnt the direct today or tomorrow? is the chat still up? gimme the link
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
    edited December 2015
    EmblemLord wrote: »
    oh i know about cloud. isnt the direct today or tomorrow? is the chat still up? gimme the link

No, we don't know about the direct. Current rumor puts it on the 16th.

https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?server=aurora.psigenix.net&amp;channel=#srk-smash

EDIT: There is something 'big' coming tomorrow though from Nintendo. I suspect NX announcement
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,752
    How many times do you have to bait and punish a Bowser Bomb before they stop doing it?

A:
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    edited December 2015
    po pimpus wrote: »
    At least you're not a *redacted*, Fox, or goddamn Mario main...

Oh hush. Fox is a fun character. Stop hating on him just because he beats Mega Man.
    roknin wrote: »
    EDIT: thanks LordWilliam for the matches yesterday. Didn't intent to play 39(?!) matches, but I think it helped me out a lot today.

Happy to help. Seems you finally managed to find your answer to Fox, as well as Pikachu. Now Yoshi will be your next hurdle to climb.
    How many times do you have to bait and punish a Bowser Bomb before they stop doing it?

A:

I'LL NEVER STOP DOING IT!!!

A:

I'LL NEVER STOP DOING IT!!!

Not you lol... The For Glory drones. This one guy did it EVERY time he was in the air. No matter how much I punished it, he refused to stop.

I always get my shield broken by Bowser Bomb, because fuck my reactions.
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,098
    edited December 2015
    How would you guys rank characters in their ability to break shields?

What I'm asking for you to list characters from best to worst regarding shield breaking potential
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    Davidstar wrote: »

What I'm asking for you to list characters from best to worst regarding shield breaking potential

Marth/Lucina used to be #1... THANKS, SAKURAI.

Now, I'd say the top shied breakers are:

Ryu
    Yoshi
    Marth/Lucina
    Donkey Kong
    Little Mac
    Dedede
    Ganondorf
    Bowser

Honorable mentions to Peach(Mr. Saturn pull), Dr. Mario, and Mega Man(Crash Bomb shenanigans)
    Donkey Kong over Marth Lucina cuz of Ground Pound's great shield pressure

And D3 doesn't really break shields that much.
    edited December 2015
    Bowser is definitely higher than d3 and ganon. As much as bowser bomb can be telegraphed, it breaks it too well to even think about shielding.

I'd put him higher than marth/lucina, ganon, and even lil mac

Yoshi is definitely not that good at shield breaking. He's great at shield poking though

Ryu
    Dk
    Bowser
    Marth/lucina
    Lil mac
    Ganon
    Yoshi
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,098
    I think Samus needs a mention when it comes to shield breaking. Fully charged beam can be pretty scary.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    Jigglypuff is fairly decent with shield breaking, pound is a shield destroyer
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,201
    edited December 2015
    The more I play this game offline the more I like it but I become way less tolerant of online.

That being said I'm plugging something: http://thecomfortzone.challonge.com/SuperComfortBrosCloud

I used to do tournaments weekly with decent turnouts but stuff happened and then I couldn't, now I can and I'm kicking it off with the traditional (for me) DLC only tournament. You guys can come if you want, no pressure.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Davidstar wrote: »

Marth/Lucina used to be #1... THANKS, SAKURAI.

Now, I'd say the top shied breakers are:

Ryu
    Yoshi
    Marth/Lucina
    Donkey Kong
    Little Mac
    Dedede
    Ganondorf
    Bowser

Honorable mentions to Peach(Mr. Saturn pull), Dr. Mario, and Mega Man(Crash Bomb shenanigans)

There's a difference between shield pressure and shield breaking. The characters I crossed off are good at building up shield damage, but rarely does that ever result in a shield break. The one's I left have almost guaranteed shield breaking moves that hit fairly often.

Eh, id leave lil mac on the list. He can break shields often enough especially when most of the cast is bad at it
    I'd also probably leave Yoshi on the list too, since BOING hup is actually a pretty good shield breaker, but Yoshis don't really use it enough
    I don't think I've ever seen it happen. Block enough ftilts and f smashes and your shield WILL break, but it's too rare for me to agree with his categorization as a shield breaker. Compare him to Ryu who just needs a couple lights into ftilt, which is easy and common. Bowser shield breaks off of one good read, Marth has a move that's designed for it, DK makes you scared to block.... Mac just doesn't do enough.

Lil mac does a lot of shield damage with his smashes. im not saying he's top but he's definitely above average.

Problem with yoshi bomb is that is does less shield damage than marth/lucina's shield breaker so it cam be blocked at some points unlike bowser bomb, which literally needs a full shield to block. It also doesn't have that much horizontal reach and he doesn't have the ledge shenanigans bowser bomb has.
This discussion has been closed.