Super Smash Bros. General - Patience and Spacing....or Whine and Moan

Comments

• KaboXxKaboXx FIGHTING CAT Joined: Posts: 3,958
    Dont know if this has been posted, but some new tech was found. Its being called a landing, and it helps with lagless recovering after being put in a tumble state.

3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    http://kaboxx.deviantart.com/
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,290
    That's pretty useful information.

In general though, it seems you have around 1-5 frames on average to hit that window

I like what that site says about Megaman and Lucas.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,783
    edited December 2015
    KaboXx wrote: »
    Dont know if this has been posted, but some new tech was found. Its being called a landing, and it helps with lagless recovering after being put in a tumble state.
    That's pretty useful information.

In general though, it seems you have around 1-5 frames on average to hit that window

Phantasy already made a video about that (an OS involving it) a while ago that apparently none of you paid attention to.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Dante
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
    KaboXx wrote: »

Phantasy already made a video about that (an OS involving it) a while ago that apparently none of you paid attention to.

Due to a) not having numbers, b) not having a collective site to go to for referrals, and or c) being phants

Phnt's video

Pretty short and not as informative
  • DooplissDoopliss Joined: Posts: 3,181
    Of course R.O.B's aerials have a sum total of 0 start-up auto-cancel frames...
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Combo Hunter", A Street Fighter V Season 2 Combo Video
    The site in the video

http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4

Might not need El Dubs to get frame data depending on how quick/accurate these guys are
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,783
    edited December 2015
    The site in the video

http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4

Might not need El Dubs to get frame data depending on how quick/accurate these guys are

They haven't updated for 1.11, they're still missing several numbers for moves (what frame chargeable moves reach full charge, IASA frames on jabs and such, throw animation lengths), they have nothing on custom moves (I know they've more or less disappeared from the scene, but still) and they don't have anything on shield numbers at all.

I'll keep making my contribution, thank you very much.

Besides which, even some of those numbers are from me. Kurogane has asked me to assist with the updated numbers for patches in the past. Guess he's just been busy recently though.

Speaking of which, my friend got Mr. Game and Watch done. Dat U-smash O_o

And more replays (@Sonichuman, @Davidstar )

SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Dante
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter The Enigmatic Gale Joined: Posts: 3,237
    Prove your justice to society.
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,060
    Also for some reason Lucas is labeled as ridley
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • DooplissDoopliss Joined: Posts: 3,181
    Doopliss wrote: »
    Of course R.O.B's aerials have a sum total of 0 start-up auto-cancel frames...
    After thinking about this for a while, you might be able to charge down B and then do a roll, grab or shield when you land. I'll play around with that.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Combo Hunter", A Street Fighter V Season 2 Combo Video
    Most characters with charge neutral Bs can circumvent a lack of frames to abuse......but it's not an ideal supplement
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,665
    Bowser seems he has a good window with dair but gotta test it

Doesn't Bowser rise up when he does it or something?
    edited December 2015

He doesn't. As soon as you press d-air he cancels his momentum and jumps into the air to perform the move. You can't land with it on start-up even if you do it one frame before landing.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HA-LU-KEN Joined: Posts: 4,153
    edited December 2015
    I assume that's the case with most stall-fall aerials. I noticed Greninja has decent startup frames for dair, but because he does a small rise before dropping there's no way you could land before the auto-cancel frames run out. I suppose you could theoretically make it work on stages with platforms, but the circumstances required seem too situational to ever be really useful.

EDIT:
    Apparently I couldn't read the frames correctly in the video. Thought Dair had 1-8 starting frames when it's really only 1-2. That is not decent.
    Either way, I still think my general point is valid even if the specifics were off.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
    Why you're focusing on dair instead of the superior Fair is beyond me
    edited December 2015
    Dair has a much bigger auto cancel window than fair does (1-13 for dair compared to 1-3for fair). There are some instances where dair doesnt drop and acts like his old dair

Oh i thought you meant for bowser.

@LordWilliam1234 can you send smashbro your nnid so he can send the replays to you
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HA-LU-KEN Joined: Posts: 4,153
    Why you're focusing on dair instead of the superior Fair is beyond me

I wasn't really focusing on it from a practical standpoint, even when I thought the initial frames were better. It was more to contribute to the point I was making.
    Obviously Fair is the superior choice for Greninja.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,745
    So are we going to get a complete Cloud, or will his moveset be distributed in episodic format to better match his game?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    We haven't gotten any complete DLC characters yet, so I don't expect Cloud to break the pattern.
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,060
    No one gives a fuck about customs. They are complete
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,301
    Gotta somewhat agree there lol. No one uses custom moves anymore, For Glory doesn't allow them, and the modes that do all them also allow equipment. No point.

Now that I think of it, no games really ever release DLC characters with everything the default characters had.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    Now that I think of it, no games really ever release DLC characters with everything the default characters had.

ArcSys begs to differ.

ArcSys begs to differ.

Where is my bubblegum Arakune color?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »

ArcSys begs to differ.

What does that have to do with what I said?

All DLC characters came with 20+ colors, came with their Unlimited Mode already available, and could be used in all game modes, same as everyone else.

ArcSys begs to differ.

What does that have to do with what I said?

All DLC characters came with 20+ colors, came with their Unlimited Mode already available, and could be used in all game modes, same as everyone else.

Again,

Where's Headband Jigglypuff? See, I can do that, too.

And again, that has nothing to do with what's being discussed.
    I still don't know of a legitimate reason customs fell off other than 'they're new and weird'.

Logistics is probably the biggest one, but that can be done by setting a console overnight/for a couple of days.
    edited December 2015
    People hate change.

That or Wind DK really made people that salty.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    It's fucking impossible to reliably unlock all of them without playing single player for 100s of hours
    It's fucking impossible to reliably unlock all of them without playing single player for 100s of hours

That's a lie. Get gud scrub.

Not to mention, it's been a year. No excuses.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • KaboXxKaboXx FIGHTING CAT Joined: Posts: 3,958
    Lol powersave them onto your 3ds then transfer the sets, thats probaly an hr worth of work. Get the fuck out mood!

Id honestly love to see them comeback custom pikachu looks insanly fun!
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    http://kaboxx.deviantart.com/
    Davidstar wrote: »
    game could be out for 500 year and at no point in that time period will i ever give any fucks to unlock any of them.

Specially since Lucas doesn't have them
    Where's my please shut the fuck up about this dumbass back and forth color?

Oh, right. It was on disc and also 20.99$

...sigh...carry on.....
    I like how this guy is pretending like he played Arakune. Bitch, Arakune fits your playstyle as well as Mega Man.
    You know... *redacted* has all these highly-produced, well-edited videos covering movement, combos, and options at every percent, but no other character gets even a tenth of that kind of attention...

Where's the slow-mo, frame by frame breakdowns for Ness, or Ike, or, ugh, Mario? Can we get anything more than fuzzy, not-really-legit-combo-videos with terrible music for the other characters?
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,301
    Make them yourself.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
This discussion has been closed.