Super Smash Bros. General - Patience and Spacing....or Whine and Moan

Comments

• Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,780
    i posted aerial landing lag for all characters before
  • CyntalanCyntalan Joined: Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sent ya a few replays vs. Davidstar, @LordWilliam1234.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

"NO! NOT LIKE THIS!" - Random audience member, Evo 2k9 SC4 finals. Go Hilde!
    "You are a weird, adorable little man, OZ." - Vynce
    "I violated marc but we definitely cool now." - dre37k
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,798
    Let's face it... Customs and the methods to unlocking them were implemented horribly.
    You mean you DON'T want to grind a mini game to have a chance of getting a random custom move which you can't manually apply in the versus screen and instead are required to set up a preset for in a different area?
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,454
    edited December 2015
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Where is my bubblegum Arakune color?

Come to Skullgirls. We have bubblegum double (n°18)!
    latest?cb=20141023221810
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,108

I also hear that you have an RD color on one of your characters...

Also, @Davidstar, @Sonichuman, the rest of your matches:

PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,454
    edited December 2015

I also hear that you have an RD color on one of your characters...

Robo Fortune n° 24 to be more precise
    robo-fortune-skullgirls-palettes.png

And that's a direct reference for this

EDIT: Oh, and she's a zoner. What are you waiting for, LW?
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • Rayne_Rayne_ Joined: Posts: 504
    You never really played Blazblue enough Po to justify complaining about one color that Arksys didn't bring back. Only time you played was when I brought it over and suggested we play.

Hell, I couldn't get you to practice that game either.

• CyntalanCyntalan Joined: Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2015
    Rayne_ wrote: »
    You never really played Blazblue enough Po to justify complaining about one color that Arksys didn't bring back. Only time you played was when I brought it over and suggested we play.

I totally read this like how the father says what he says here @ 2:38:
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

"NO! NOT LIKE THIS!" - Random audience member, Evo 2k9 SC4 finals. Go Hilde!
    "You are a weird, adorable little man, OZ." - Vynce
    "I violated marc but we definitely cool now." - dre37k
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,108
    edited December 2015
    Robo Fortune n° 24 to be more precise

And that's a direct reference for this:

vid

EDIT: Oh, and she's a zoner. What are you waiting for, LW?

As neat as that is, I just don't like Skullgirls. Way too fast-paced for me and not a fan of air dashers in general.

Sorry. :(

Yet I bet Po's gonna insist that you play Pokken when it releases.

As a random aside, I really wish we got this Mega Man in Smash instead of the one we did:
    Post edited by LordWilliam1234 on
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,072

An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    Hey Cyntalan...buddy...pal...friend...

...you think you could let me off a few days early?

I need this as my av, like...yesterday.

LXHLcJw.png

Please? I'll let Po off the hook early too if you do.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    edited December 2015
    Didn't know what else to try and bribe him with. At best blackmail him by not uploading his replays but I'm certain that would backfire.

Can't blame a guy for trying though, right?
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 25,992
    UnSaxon51 wrote: »
    NOT letting Po off the hook, and annoying him constantly about it is a reason AGAINST letting him release you.

Fixed.

Cynt, release him when he releases me.

Or don't.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Okay, how about this then.

If Cyntalan doesn't release me within the next two hours, Po is freed. If he does release me by then, I will keep Po on the leash until the 12th.

I NEED THAT AV
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,386
    How about you both honor the bet you made?
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HA-LU-KEN Joined: Posts: 4,222
    I don't get what the big deal is about that version of RD.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
    Cyntalan wrote: »
    You really think you can goad me into doing a trick like that?

I see the Mafia has made you more resilient than I expected.

Very well then. I will give you an hour and 45 minutes to change your mind.
    UnSaxon51 wrote: »
    I don't get what the big deal is about that version of RD.

I don't either. I just saw it when catching up on the season finale and wanted it.

Perfectly normal!
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,372
    I find it amusing that of all the people who lost AV bets, El Dubs is the one that seems the most determined to circumvent it.

Even the other dudes, for all their complaining, tend to stew in silence till their sentence is over. Very rarely, if ever did they try to bargain their way out of it.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
    edited December 2015
    Well, my circumventions usually are to try to set up something. The first av bet I lost I changed my av early to it fading back to my original one as a joke...which didn't go over well. Arguing about the semantics of my bet over not posting in other threads was to set up an argument to fall back on in case Po tried to worm his way out of punishment for breaking his agreement with me. This latest one is just an attempt to add some humor to the thread since I figured it'd be funny seeing me try to bribe my way into an early release over a battle-scarred Rainbow Dash av, as I was 99% certain that Cyntalan wouldn't actually budge on the issue.

Obviously it played out better in my head than it did in practice.

Po, your penance will last until 12/12. Sorry for getting your hopes up. hTk8sqq.png
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • KaboXxKaboXx FIGHTING CAT Joined: Posts: 3,961
    I think at this point negrodamua keeping that av longterm. Im so used to seeing megacat!
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    http://kaboxx.deviantart.com/
    KaboXx wrote: »
    I think at this point negrodamua keeping that av longterm. Im so used to seeing megacat!

I'd be more concerned about the kind of rant he's gonna go on than the av.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    He said it would be the rant to end all rants!

Fuck sheik!
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    It'd be funny if the patch released the day that he's freed and it completely invalidates all of his points :rofl:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    I bet a pony av that sheik isnt getting touched lol
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    You just want an excuse to wear one again. :wink:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    Maybe....
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    On another note, I stumbled upon this article today. It's a good read for those who wish to improve.

https://mrkingfunk.wordpress.com/2015/12/04/player-perspective/

It refers mostly to USF4 but the principals can still be applied to Smash.

Some good quotes from it:
    If there is one thing I hear from many players about improvement that I absolutely despise, it’s that absurd idea that you will get good at a game if you put tons of hours into it. “Just play a lot”, they say, “you’ll get the hang of it”. This idea also ends up being the basis behind the excuse that one cannot get good at a fighting game because of his/her considerable lack of free time during the week. All of this is wrong. You are not going to improve if you mindlessly grind a game without doing something about your mistakes.

Improving at anything, especially fighting games, is not about how much time you put into the game. It’s about how good you are at using your time with the game. In a lot of cases, players that improve very quickly will also often be called “talented”. But it’s rarely a case of talent either. That is generally due to a good learning mindset.
    The scrub is a negative variant of the mid level player. He will generally be even more delusional than your regular mid level player because he will often try to justify his actions and mindset and reject compelling arguments. Even when he might know deep inside that he is wrong, he will always try to argue that he is right because he feels shame/humiliation in admitting to the contrary. A scrub may also be quite vocal about his subjective opinions on virtually anything in the game. He is often the guy you will hear call a character “braindead”, a move “stupid” or a certain playstyle “boring”. He may whine constantly to the point where you wonder if he even enjoys playing the game in the first place. Similarly to the regular mid level player, he will also make hasty conclusions, but he might be even more stubborn about letting go of said conclusions. Therefore, the scrub is the one most likely to be “stuck” in his evolution as a player.

How to stop being a scrub: The game is generally not guilty of being stupid. 99,99% of the time, it’s your fault. Wouldn’t video games be boring if everything always went your way? You should not be afraid to admit that you are wrong and that you have lots to learn. Humility goes a long way, and there is hardly any point in maintaining some form of ego when you want to improve. You play video games, for goodness’ sake. Keep a positive mindset and instead of judging players and playstyles’, work on adapting to them.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,364
    Po, that author is talking to you...
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37

These are not the videos he's looking for....

I deem this offering WAHcceptable

You have re-earned your WAH
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,364
    I love how theres never any mario tech. Theres nothing more to learn about this character and thats why I believe people are overrating him somewhat.

Post some mario tech if u find some
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
    i only posted WAH tech so i can earn my WAH
    dre37k wrote: »
    I love how theres never any mario tech. Theres nothing more to learn about this character and thats why I believe people are overrating him somewhat.

Post some mario tech if u find some

This guy.....

dre, there really isn't much to mario

he's crazy safe on block compared to the rest of the cast, he has great combo set ups, very good mobility. a lot of his moves are fast and most of the cast can't handle him when he gets up close. it's like 90% of the cast has a really bad match-up with mario. it's why he's always considered top 5-7 (usually only sheik, zss, rosa, ryu, diddy, and pikachu are ranked higher than him).

there really isn't going to be mario tech because he doesn't have any shenanigans to play with. wario has a bike, rosalina has luma, zss has a paralyzer, diddy has nanerz, etc. unless someone finds a way to cancel fireball lag, i don't see much in the way of mario tech
    @Mood4food77 @po pimpus @UnSaxon51

I have for you the Ten Commandments of WAH

1 THOUS SHALT USE A TO MASH CHOMP TO PREVENT DOUBLE CHOMPING ON ACCIDENT

2 THOU SHALT NEVER RELY ON FULLY CHARGE WAFT HALF CHARGE IS STILL VERY POTENT

3 THOU SHALT VARY THY BIKE PLAY AND APPROACHES

4 THOU SHALT NEVER GROUND BIKE IF THEY COUNTER YOU TWICE

5 THOU SHALT TILT STICK

6 THOU SHALT FULL HOP FAIR

7 THOU SHALT ALWAYS BE MOBILE

8 THOU SHALT EMBRACE THE INCREDIBLE POWER OF LEDGE CONTROLLING WARIO

9 THOU SHALT NOT NEGLECT BIKE ITEM PLAY

10 THOU SHALT GREET FELLOW WAHS WITH THE UNIVERSAL HANDSHAKE OF DOWN TAUNT AT LEAST ONCE A SET
This discussion has been closed.