Super Smash Bros. General - Patience and Spacing....or Whine and Moan

1139213931394139513961398»

Comments

• DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,081
    po pimpus wrote: »
    I can do the Metal Blade footstool lock. But it never works on @Rayne_

And if it doesn't work on him, then I'll never hit anyone else as smart as him with it.

Landing that shit on scrubs like Dre is a waste of time.

Wait vs which of his characters cause palutena footstool interactions are unique.
    Like its literally impossible to dthrow footstool lock her as Lucas too.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,360
    Davidstar wrote: »

And if it doesn't work on him, then I'll never hit anyone else as smart as him with it.

Wait vs which of his characters cause palutena footstool interactions are unique.
    Like its literally impossible to dthrow footstool lock her as Lucas too.

I never get close enough to him even think of attempting it.

Remember, he uses a bunch of motherfuckers with swords and/or "stay away from me" tools.

Palutena, Lucina, Corrin, Robin, and punk ass Cloud...

Not to mention his play style, which is very Japanese... That whole "I'm not taking any risks, and not pressing a button until you do" crap that pisses me off.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,199
    Execution-wise, how hard is Ryu?

He's the one character I really think you'd be better off using a wii remote with. I can't deal with the motions on the GC's analog stick.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,429
    Not to mention his play style, which is very Japanese... That whole "I'm not taking any risks, and not pressing a button until you do" crap that pisses me off.

So playing smart pisses you off? :coffee:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,462
    So now lets talk about what happened this weekend.

Lets start with T. That dude was so aggro and grabby, with some pretty legit spacing. I don't think people knew how to deal with it.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,337
    It's not just that. He was using bombs to generate a lot of passive pressure, kind of like what Viewtiful Joe WANTED to do in MVC3 but couldn't quite make work. His attack timing was really good too, he was tossing out a surprisingly high number of swings in a short span of time that I hadn't really thought was possible for Link.
    He never wanted to slow the game down either. Hence why he always dropped in with an aggressive option or why he used Zair maybe once while he was on stream.
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 I'm dreaming of a green Christmas Joined: Posts: 4,274
    edited March 27
    I am definitely going to have to rewatch this tournament later. All I was getting on Twitter were #CivilWar updates, which I cared less about.
    dre37k wrote: »
    Cmon guys. Theres no way ya can look at ryu and be like....
    giphy.gif

Even as someone who has constantly thought Ryu is top 10, this is pretty laughable.
    Bayo, Cloud, Diddy, Sheik are all at least as effective as him and only Bayo requires close to the amount of effort.
    NNID/XboxLive/Steam: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,366

What does that even mean? "Ill never hit anyone as smart as him with it". That means you have horrible execution. You can't land it on rayne because you suck. You are a pitiful player with a pitiful mentality.
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
    edited March 28
    dre37k wrote: »

What does that even mean? "Ill never hit anyone as smart as him with it". That means you have horrible execution. You can't land it on rayne because you suck. You are a pitiful player with a pitiful mentality.

We're not talking about mindlessly mashing up on the c-stick, and like I said, I can do it at will...

The problem is landing it on someone who never approaches or puts themselves in a position to get footstools to begin with.

Tell me, when is the last time you saw Kameme land it on anyone good in a tournament? Exactly.

Much like everything else in MM's toolkit, the footstool lock is a situational tool that you pull out when you have the opportunity. Landing it on some For Glory scrubs means nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Now go on back to crying about Ryu, while missing the completely hilarious irony that is someone who uses Mario complaining about another character's kill setups that actually take practice and timing to pull off... While all you need to do is hit a or get a grab, then roll your face over the c stick to profit.

Fall all the way back, son.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 317
    edited March 28
    This is for you @po pimpus and @dre37k
    Both of you give us a breakdown analysis of this match.

Po's heroes.
    Mega Man dittos suck ass. There's a reason Kameme went Sheik to end the shit as soon as possible.

I wish I could have seen Shuton shitting on people... Don't nobody care about shitty ZeRo getting ZSS up b'd.
    Mega Man dittos suck ass. There's a reason Kameme went Sheik to end the shit as soon as possible.

I wish I could have seen Shuton shitting on people... Don't nobody care about shitty ZeRo getting ZSS up b'd.

He did. On Salem. I even linked the video

When I checked, that vid was unavailable. Did they fix it?

When I checked, that vid was unavailable. Did they fix it?

I updated my post with it, so yes.

The site had a few issues with some videos when they were uploading them.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,357 admin
    We normally stop threads at around 500 pages to ease the server load. Hm.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

So long gents. It's been a fun thread!
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,277
    Preppy wrote: »
    We normally stop threads at around 500 pages to ease the server load. Hm.

Does a new Smash General need to be made?
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

Can I suggest a new thread title?

SRK SMASH THREAD: PO IS ALWAYS RIGHT EDITION
    edited March 29
    SRK SMASH THREAD: PO AND DRE COMPETE TO SEE WHO HAS THE SMALLER DICK

My submission for next thread name
    SRK SMASH THREAD: PO AND DRE COMPETE TO SEE WHO HAS THE SMALLER DICK

My submission for next thread name

Dre wins that one all day, every day.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,357 admin
    Pick a worthy thread creator amongst you, have them create that, and then we'll lock this old thread and link it to the new one. :tup:

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

edited March 29
    I nominate myself based on my clearly superior thread making title.
    I'd nominate Sonichuman again, but he's not here as much sadly. If he's willing and thinks he's a good pick, he gets my vote
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 I'm dreaming of a green Christmas Joined: Posts: 4,274
    edited March 29
    Frankly, I'm amazed we made it this far before someone noticed.

I nominate any of the following, since I don't expect them to abuse the privilege too much:
    - @Sonichuman
    - @Colonel-Gilgamesh
    - @LordWilliam1234
    - @Red Rick Dias
    NNID/XboxLive/Steam: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,081
    edited March 29
    Someone who plays the game
    I vote po
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,337
    Ha ha ha, you seriously think I'm suited to be in charge of any damn thing at this point? I'm flattered, but the faith is misplaced.

I have neither the time nor the goodwill to do so left in me at this point. Thank you all the same, Unsaxon.
    Davidstar wrote: »
    Someone who plays the game
    I vote po

Actually... that's a perfect title...

SRK SMASH THREAD: Y'ALL COWARDS DON'T EVEN PLAY THIS GAME
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,429
    I'm no good with thread names so I'm out of the running.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,460
    SRK Smash General Thread, goodbye 4 year old thread!
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,882
    Ill do it since im always here and all
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,277
    I am willing to make a new thread even if I'm not here as much. Again more than likely it's probably gonna get ported to Switch. If someone else is really up for making the thread I'm not going to oppose them though. If you do I'd suggest moving all the stuff in the OP to the new thread. What would you guys wanna do?
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

Sonichuman wrote: »
    I am willing to make a new thread even if I'm not here as much. Again more than likely it's probably gonna get ported to Switch. If someone else is really up for making the thread I'm not going to oppose them though. If you do I'd suggest moving all the stuff in the OP to the new thread. What would you guys wanna do?

You go ahead and do it, SH. Consider it 2 votes in your favor, one from me and one from Unsaxon.
This discussion has been closed.