Super Smash Bros. General - Patience and Spacing....or Whine and Moan

Comments

• DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,061
    well samus has the same final smash does that mean zero suit will be in it as well?
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • NekoMicNekoMic Neko Punch! Joined: Posts: 386
    I hope they bring the custom stages back although it was a let down in brawl I think it could really be awesome if they added pieces from all the different games to create the stages with.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,199
    edited June 2013
    NekoMic wrote: »
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    No you can't use a GC controller on Wii U. I'd suggest getting aquainted with a Wii U pro controller. Either that or the classic controller pro.
    Really ghetto option.

Very nice but we lose the analog triggers. Analog shielding was such a cool thing in Melee and Project:M. Pro controller doesn't have it so it probably won't be in the game which is super lame.
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,163
    I just want Shadow and Mewtwo. Sonic deserves a rival character. Mewtwo shouldn't have left in the first place.

Wonder if Meta Knight will be back, so everyone can freak out and ban him from tourneys again.

No! If Sonic should get any Rival Character, it should be Knuckles. He was the original, and honestly he's made for this game. He punches walls, man!

I always pictured knuckles as a DK clone and megaman as a samus clone
    Infernoman wrote: »
    so the roster of what we know coming back:

Mario
    Bowser
    Donkey Kong
    Link
    Samus
    Fox
    Pit
    Pickachu

(newcomers)

Wii Fit Girl
    AC Villager
    Megaman

hmm does anyone find it odd that the 8 orignial characters are announced before the newcomers, could this mean that Pit replaced yoshi? is there a website for this? if you guys remember that brawl used to reveal minor stuff each day on its website until the games release and announced big reveals on friday

does the wii u have DLC for its games?

if the rumor is true (final roster being 26 characters) then 15 more slots minus possible DLC
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,163
    already hentai and doujins out for wii fit trainer, go figure
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    Shadow Ace wrote: »
    already hentai and doujins out for wii fit trainer, go figure
    I'm shocked at how fast the fan art spilled out already. The day of the reveal there was megaman and villager pics

رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,199
    Matriarch wrote: »
    I will rage if Zelda/Shiek doesn't make it in.

Also, Midna deserves a character slot.

What could Midna do? She has that hand... thing but I'd much rather have Isaac from Golden Sun as the magic hand character.

Not knocking Midna, loved her in Twilight Princess but she doesn't add anything and they're not using the art style anymore so.. I see it as unlikely.

Definitely counting on Zelda/Sheik though, mostly because I have a theory any character that made the Melee to Brawl transition is a shoe-in.
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,974
    I'm Okay with lest roster but they better not skimp on stages yo. Thats the real meat to Smash.
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    I remember seeing that character concept art for the new Smash, I have mixed feelings on Zero Suit Samus's possible return. She's not a clone by any stretch of the imagination, but... another Samus?
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    I remember seeing that character concept art for the new Smash, I have mixed feelings on Zero Suit Samus's possible return. She's not a clone by any stretch of the imagination, but... another Samus?

It wouldn't be fair to remove Zero suit and keep sheik
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Syke1 wrote: »

It wouldn't be fair to remove Zero suit and keep sheik
    If they do something with Samus and Zero Suit where you can freely switch between them like Zelda/Sheik then I'd like that. I'm not that big of a fan of Zero Suit essentially being her own separate character, though. I won't be upset if she comes back, though.
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,974
    edited June 2013
    Sarangha post

7nTnr.png?1309330974
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I laughed at "great first party lineup." Good joke.
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,804
    snip

I just realized, your avatar (the main guy from the wonderful 101) looks like Gerome from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Probably because of the mask. :P

Speaking of which...perhaps he could be a newcomer? Not sure how he'd work though...
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Dante
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So apparently Sakurai confirms no tripping.

The only source I see for this is Kotaku, though, and Kotaku is about as valid a source as Nintendo is a valid producer of a great first party lineup. Can anyone confirm with a much better, more reliable source?
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
  • The MartianThe Martian We Out Here. Joined: Posts: 12,263
    [
    If they do something with Samus and Zero Suit where you can freely switch between them like Zelda/Sheik then I'd like that. I'm not that big of a fan of Zero Suit essentially being her own separate character, though. I won't be upset if she comes back, though.

I don't see any reason as to why they should remove Zero Suit Samus. Why exactly shouldn't she be in the game...?

Also, you know you could switch from Samus to Zero Suit mid-battle in Brawl...right? It could even be argued that switching back and forth was a big part of her playstyle, and knowing how to play both of them well took some skill and made her a lot more dynamic.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
  • Combo_KnightCombo_Knight DashUppah, Muhfuqqah! Joined: Posts: 5,313
    edited June 2013
    [

I don't see any reason as to why they should remove Zero Suit Samus. Why exactly shouldn't she be in the game...?

Because Wii Fit stole dat backflip, lol just kidding.
    [

Also, you know you could switch from Samus to Zero Suit mid-battle in Brawl...right? It could even be argued that switching back and forth was a big part of her playstyle, and knowing how to play both of them well took some skill and made her a lot more dynamic.

Argued how? Samus is TERRIBLE in brawl compared to Zero suit, you're better off hitting up the zero suit from the start and racking up early damage with 25 percent a peice.
    ---
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Joined: Posts: 0
    I personally think this thread should be in the FG section but I guess SRK still wants to ignore the smash fgc.

Anyways I like the new additions but the speed looked awefully slow like brawl, not to mention the hit stun wasnt quite melee level. I hope nintendo can pull their act together this time cause id hate another terrible game like brawl.
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HA-LU-KEN Joined: Posts: 4,156
    specs wrote: »
    So apparently Sakurai confirms no tripping.

The only source I see for this is Kotaku, though, and Kotaku is about as valid a source as Nintendo is a valid producer of a great first party lineup. Can anyone confirm with a much better, more reliable source?

Jeez, why so bitter, man? Nintendo is THE company for first party games. You can complain about their third party support all you want but in-house games have always been their strongest area.
    [

It could be argued, but it would be a very tough sell. About the only things regular Samus does better than ZS are ranged combat and recovery, and that's only because tethers were so bad.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • The MartianThe Martian We Out Here. Joined: Posts: 12,263
    Argued how? Samus is TERRIBLE in brawl compared to Zero suit, you're better off hitting up the zero suit from the start and racking up early damage with 25 percent a peice.

Samus is a lot harder to K.O since she weighs a lot more than Zero Suit. Also has a lot more DI and her moveset completely changes, so you're therefore presented with different options.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    edited June 2013

Samus is a lot harder to K.O since she weighs a lot more than Zero Suit. Also has a lot more DI and her moveset completely changes, so you're therefore presented with different options.

Does it matter really when the MU's as you climb up the tiers just flail out of favor?

I mean getting 0-to death by dedede aint the most gracefull way to go out. ZSS got better normals and much better air game and a better set of MU's if I recall correctly. Samus's moveset is hella weak and doesn't even do the big girl damage it should and air dodging has rendered charged shot nigh obsolete. both had pretty bad grabs. Samus has better recovery, but again there were plenty of players who could get back to that stage when the chips where on the table.

IMO picking samus over zero samus was if you just had a point to prove.
    ---
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,804
    Does it matter really when the MU's as you climb up the tiers just flail out of favor?

I mean getting 0-to death by dedede aint the most gracefull way to go out. ZSS got better normals and much better air game and a better set of MU's if I recall correctly. Samus's moveset is hella weak and doesn't even do the big girl damage it should and air dodging has rendered charged shot nigh obsolete. both had pretty bad grabs. Samus has better recovery, but again there were plenty of players who could get back to that stage when the chips where on the table.

IMO picking samus over zero samus was if you just had a point to prove.

At least it seems Samus is a bit more buffed. Her forward smash seems a LOT faster now. I'm sure they'll tweak the rest of her moves as well.

Link's spin attack seems a lot better too, around Melee levels if not better. It was a great kill move in Melee, but practically useless in Brawl.

Granted, the knockback on the spin attack in the trailer may have just been done on a character with a high damage percentage for "hype" purposes, but I hope not.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Dante
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
    Rik000 wrote: »
    I personally think this thread should be in the FG section but I guess SRK still wants to ignore the smash fgc.

Anyways I like the new additions but the speed looked awefully slow like brawl, not to mention the hit stun wasnt quite melee level. I hope nintendo can pull their act together this time cause id hate another terrible game like brawl.

Regarding first part, see OP.

As to the second part, I personally had way more fun in Brawl than Melee. So many characters and stages; new game mechanics like gliding and footstool; SMASH BALLS. It is a blast to play, and in that sense it is an amazing game.
    With that said, though, it's a miserable competitive fighter, inferior to Melee in pretty much every way. So I guess it depends on what you were looking for.

• InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,431
    Darksakul wrote: »
    send-link.jpg
    megaman.jpg

And there already cosplay of the Wii Fit Trainer
    tumblr_mo9ox4dbsR1rdm9pso1_500.gif
    tumblr_mo9ox4dbsR1rdm9pso3_1280.png
    tumblr_mo9ox4dbsR1rdm9pso2_1280.png

you call THAT fit? I guess it's ok for a cosplay no one cared about or even did til tuesday.

For us, June 11th was a day of smash hype,

For Wii Fit Girl, it was just tueday...
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,874
    Jesus chirst! Her eyes! D:

Also nobody is talking that Bowser got buffed but whatever.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,202
    I Seriously hope the villager will be OP.
    spread'em
    My first reaction to hearing about Bowser's changes:

DON'T TELL GIMPYFISH.

Jesus chirst! Her eyes! D:

Also nobody is talking that Bowser got buffed but whatever.

buff...How?
    ---
This discussion has been closed.