Tekken Revolution (OUT ON PSN)

J.DJ.D EVO StaffJoined: Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
edited June 2013 in Tekken
I'm downloading it while I post this.
Has anyone played it yet? I wonder how it plays compared to tag and if its supposed to be competitive.
I can't wait to play it. I just really hope it doesn't end up happening the same thing that happened with GG when they released a really weird version of the game called Isuka.
I hope this isn't an experiment similar to that.
Post edited by Preppy on
Fight For The Future!!

Comments

• KillaFoxKillaFox I wish a nigga would on every candle. Joined: Posts: 2,209
    This is most likely a test for TxSF.
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,656
    I like what I've heard about this so far, although that whole needing "coins" to play sound annoying as fuck. And a lack of a training mode (although I'm sure they can patch one in later)

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • J.DJ.D EVO Staff Joined: Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Oh damn, I have no Tekken experience whatsosver, I'm gonna get bopped.
    Quick someone tell me a BnB.....
    Fight For The Future!!
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 2013
    The new special effects are tight as fuck. Also, it looks like some moves still bound, and some don't (like Lili's df + lk). And bound looks like it only allows a couple extra hits rather than a soft re-launch. Gotta play more to confirm. Graphics appear to be higher res than ttt2.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    How do those so called Super Arts & Critical Arts look? Super moves being in a Tekken game is the main thing I'm interested in knowing about.

• KillaFoxKillaFox I wish a nigga would on every candle. Joined: Posts: 2,209
    How much to unlock other characters?
    HD-Man wrote: »
    How do those so called Super Arts & Critical Arts look? Super moves being in a Tekken game is the main thing I'm interested in knowing about.

You've more than likely done them while playing. I know I've done a few.

From another site: The game features two styles of special attacks for each character, Critical Arts and Special Arts. Each fighter has four Critical Arts, which give you the chance to do increased damage on on critical hits. Combatants also have one Special Arts, which gives them a period of invincibility at the start of the move. You'll recognize Critical Arts and Special Arts by the particle and motion blur effects.

edited June 2013
    Unlocked Leo after like 3 victories. Also, some moves got changed. Lili's slow windup backhand (<- + both punches) is now a FAST sliding strike, but with the same animation.
    Post edited by Rhio2k on
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,800
    edited June 2013
    Played it for two matches then turned it off to come find out more about it. Outside of bounds, my character felt the same as her TTT2 version (not sure if they added any more moves), but I figure it's gonna have to be a bit different to optimize damage without relying on bound or tag combos now (I didn't put as much time into Tekken before T6 so I'm not used to it yet). I couldn't really read the text explaining what this games features are since I'm over someone else's house with a SDTV. Are we supposed to like level up stats or something?

I probably won't sit down with this until I get back home.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,813
    No training or offline versus is extremely disappointing.
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i'm not a current tekken fan, but this seems pretty much the same as ttt2 but without bound in juggles. bound can still happen after floor breaks and when some moves outside of juggles (kazuya ff+3 when critical). special arts seem at least jab punishable. apparently the backward walking animations are new but i can't remember what they were like before anyway.

points system is weird. played one other dude and he did more damage than me, and his wgfs or ewgfs were critical when mine weren't because of the vigor point difference.
    This message will self-destruct.
    edited June 2013
    Rhio2k wrote: »

You've more than likely done them while playing. I know I've done a few.

From another site: The game features two styles of special attacks for each character, Critical Arts and Special Arts. Each fighter has four Critical Arts, which give you the chance to do increased damage on on critical hits. Combatants also have one Special Arts, which gives them a period of invincibility at the start of the move. You'll recognize Critical Arts and Special Arts by the particle and motion blur effects.

Dang that's a bummer, I expect SF/SNK style super moves. O well, sure the game is nice tho

And it's cool you can unlock characters. I wonder how many they'll let you unlock?

• Running WildRunning Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane Joined: Posts: 3,183
    I really think this should of been a PC game. It would of reached out to a much bigger audience.
    YouTube Channel - All sorts of random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various classic fighting games.
    RB2: Xiangfei, Cheng, Mary, Geese
  • ZebsterZebster Joined: Posts: 3,740
    How do you unlock characters in this?
    Also, is anyone else having trouble getting a match online? I've been trying for the past ten minutes but it keeps booting me back to the search menu.
    Also when I back out from a the menu it always fails to upload the data, kicking me back to the title screen.
    Arcade mode works though, so I still got that, but I still can't get online matches.
    KOF 14 team: Robert/King/K'
    I really think this should of been a PC game. It would of reached out to a much bigger audience.

Yeah, that would be awesome: people hacking and running around with maxed-out characters. PSN: keeping people honest.
    Zebster wrote: »
    How do you unlock characters in this?
    Also, is anyone else having trouble getting a match online? I've been trying for the past ten minutes but it keeps booting me back to the search menu.
    Also when I back out from a the menu it always fails to upload the data, kicking me back to the title screen.
    Arcade mode works though, so I still got that, but I still can't get online matches.

1: play other players, win

2 + 3: Your connection is borked. Might wanna try to fix that.
  • GraphicGraphic Waifu Fighter V Joined: Posts: 666
    I'm not sure if there is a clear way to unlock specific characters. Played arcade, some online, leveled up and I unlocked Steve.
    I got the "failed to upload" message and somehow got disconnected too. Had to restart my ps3 to get it going again.
    Gonna jump back on once my credits return.
  • J.DJ.D EVO Staff Joined: Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I cant find any resources for King can anybody recommend a couple of places to look for info?
    should I look for the BnBs of TTT2. I thought all BnBs in TTT2 used bounds, and thats why I didnt bother looking for it.
    Fight For The Future!!
    I really like the artstyle in the game, has a Borderlands look to it. Which is no doubt them trying out new graphical filters in preperation for TxSF. Game seems to cater more to casuals as well. Seems to be deliberate on Namco's part.

With that said, if you already have Tekken Tag 2, this game won't hold your attention too long.

I really like the artstyle in the game, has a Borderlands look to it. Which is no doubt them trying out new graphical filters in preperation for TxSF. Game seems to cater more to casuals as well. Seems to be deliberate on Namco's part.

With that said, if you already have Tekken Tag 2, this game won't hold your attention too long.

I wouldn't say that: new moves, changed moves, new combos...more than enough to keep interest.

• Conrad09Conrad09 Joined: Posts: 37
    edited June 2013
    i'm not a current tekken fan, but this seems pretty much the same as ttt2 but without bound in juggles. bound can still happen after floor breaks and when some moves outside of juggles (kazuya ff+3 when critical). special arts seem at least jab punishable. apparently the backward walking animations are new but i can't remember what they were like before anyway.
    TR is definitely NOT just TTT2 w/o B!.

Besides the obvious new stuff like critical and Invincible moves (which are all launch punishable on block). They've made everything easier. The throw break window seems like it's substantially larger than what it was in TTT2. Moves like Paul's Demo man and ff2:1 have been made easier to the point to where they can't even be called just frames (dunno about other JFs like Bryan's Taunt, JU). Backroll catches/floats have been removed completely. Backdash cancelling seems to have gotten nerfed as it doesn't cover as much distance (this could be just me though). There's also been some balance changes
    J.D wrote: »
    I cant find any resources for King can anybody recommend a couple of places to look for info?
    should I look for the BnBs of TTT2. I thought all BnBs in TTT2 used bounds, and thats why I didnt bother looking for it.
    http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=127427

• tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,702
    Asuka is so fucking gay. Her counter has the longest attack window I've seen in a fighting game since Dead or Alive 2. You don't even need proper timing for it to be effective. Managed to shit out scrubs using Leo after I figured out Asuka's bullshit

• PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,277 admin
    Moving to the Tekken forum...

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

• midnightgreen20midnightgreen20 I got them moves like jaguar Joined: Posts: 177
    I haven't touched Tekken since the PSone days (totally dating myself here), but I have to say this is a lot of fun to get into. I came to it since I play Lars in sfxt, so I figured why not try him out for free. I don't have TTT2 yet, but I think I'll pick it up at some point since it's pretty cheap now. Though one thing I will say that TR has that I think is an improvement is the lack of bound. Watching TTT2, I can see that it leads to ridiculous combos at times. TR tones that down a bit and makes you earn that damage. I like that touch.
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,180
    The coin system is kinda annoying.
    I wish you could just buy the game once and never pay again because TR is actually a pretty fun & GG.
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB