Tekken Revolution FAQ

Comments

• tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,674
    rafsemens wrote: »
    interesting how Revolution is the best Tekken since DR sans extra features, the core gameplay is not nearly as sluggish as T6 or TTT2

Which specific mechanics make it better and less sluggish? Elaborate.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • Combo_KnightCombo_Knight DashUppah, Muhfuqqah! Joined: Posts: 5,313
    I feel like there are too many tards online. too many people falling for my leo hijinks when do real niggas play?
    ---
  • Chukz15Chukz15 Low Tier Option select is the future. Joined: Posts: 492
    I haven't played a tekken since tekken three, and all I did was use eddy so my tekken skills are ass, any tips so I can body mofos online.(competition is pretty weak)
    PSN:Chukz15
    GFWL: Darkerfire706
    Skill level: D tier
    Injustice: Superman, Batman
    Mahvel:Nova/Vergil/Hawkeye alt Wolverine/Doom/Vergil
    SSFIV: Dan/Balrog

• SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    edited June 2013
    Chukz15 wrote: »
    I haven't played a tekken since tekken three, and all I did was use eddy so my tekken skills are ass, any tips so I can body mofos online.(competition is pretty weak)

Pick Lars
    do d/b+1+2

Run up to them and right as they wake up, do it again. They usually will try to wake up with a sweep or roundhouse and that move then counters them... Keep doing it... I got like 20 wins in a row with that nonsense.

And when you feel like doing a real combo:

f,b+2~1, ff, f+4,1,2,1

Easy, breezy combo, no prob.
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 526
    Chukz15 wrote: »
    since all the bad kids are online and dont know how to block, pick paul and mix up between demo man, deathfist and shredder kids
    TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Character, Jinpachi/King
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Hugo
    HDR: O.Sagat, Balrog,
    KOF2002UM: Vanessa, Jhun, Iori, Clark, Hinako, Chang, Orochi Yashiro, EX Takuma
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/Hwa
    KOF14: I dont understand this game
    Injustass 2: Swampass, Spookybird
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Spiderman/Thor/Ironman, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
    Super Setup Fighter IV: Hugo, Yun Sim
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Sagat/Law
    MKX: Cyrax, A-List Johnny
  • ZebsterZebster Joined: Posts: 3,738
    Got any tips for a Kazuya player so I'm not so awful? (besides practicing EWGF)
    KOF 14 team: Robert/King/K'
    BallTapper wrote: »
    Zebster wrote: »
    EDIT: even if you know alot of this, there is still a pretty good possibility that someone who is starting to play kazuya dosnt know any of this, so sorry if i bombarded you with stuff that you already knew, also if anyone wants something like this for bryan or steve, i can do that

It's me, I'm the guy who didn't know any of this. Thanks for the info.
    Updated FAQ. Last character unlocks at 60000 gift points. I just got to 30000 :(
    Former account:
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    tataki wrote: »
    Updated FAQ. Last character unlocks at 60000 gift points. I just got to 30000 :(

I just got my second. Wanted Bryan...got Leo. :sad:
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    AYO?! wrote: »

Open another PSN account and hope you'll get luckier in that one.
    Former account:
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    AYO?! wrote: »

Open another PSN account and hope you'll get luckier in that one.

Eh, I'm ok. Learning JACK is taking most of my interest and I am having some fun.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    For those of you who were looking to get TTT2 after having tried out TR
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jun/18/tekken-tag-tournament-2-sale-under-15-ps3-copy-comes-online-pass-code/

It's on sale... Under $15.
    In case y'all don't care about Twitter..

We will add free training mode. RT@mashthrow I can't get new players to try TR. They want to learn but can't with the limit on play.
    BallTapper wrote: »
    EDIT: even if you know alot of this, there is still a pretty good possibility that someone who is starting to play kazuya dosnt know any of this, so sorry if i bombarded you with stuff that you already knew, also if anyone wants something like this for bryan or steve, i can do that

Could you do one for Steve? I know someone who is trying it out and wants to use him.
  • Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 714
    This game is a perfect introduction 2 people who dont have TTT2 and maybe even encourage them to buy it but as someone who owns TTT2 I have no need to play it, still think its a nice idea tho

Changes to Kazuya from TTT2 to Revolution, found the video and thought it would be useful to know.
    edited June 2013
    okay Steve, b+1 hold back is steves most important button its a 13 frame high that gives a combo on counter hit, what makes the hold back so important is it transitions him into flicker (b+3+4) stance which you can cancel into his sways, or downback (probably best option) then you return to standing by holding back thus making b+1 safe (-14 on block without flicker cancel). b+2 (-11 on block) is a mid that slightly high crushes that causes a crumple on normal hit (follow ups are extremely limited). Ducking 1 (f+3/4, 1) is a safe, normal hitting mid that allows you to get a ff+2 follow up. Extended ducking 1 (f+3/4 Hold, 1) is +2-3 on block. ff+2 is an okay footsie tool, its kinda bad (-13 on block) but if it hits a standing opponent, you get a free db+2. 3, 1, 1 is a natural combo that wall splats and is a somewhat hitconfirmable move -13 on block, but if you want a safe mid poke use 3, 1, f+1. b+1+2 is a punch parry that gives a combo if it connects (extremely limited). qcf+1 is a extremely useful mid that wall splats from a million universes away, and you can cancel into flicker stance by holding back.

d+2, 1~f+3/4, db is probably one of his most important lows, the cancel into duck into downback makes it safe. db+3,2 is again, one his most important lows, 16~17 frames, db+3 by itself if +1 on hit. d+1 is an okay low, leaves him in crouch and is +1 on hit, -13 on block. full crouch d+1 is pretty good and leaves him in peekaboo stance (f+3+4) after full crouch d+1 a peekaboo 2 is pretty much uninterruptable, peekaboo 2 if it connects, another peekaboo 2 is uninterruptable, peekaboo 2 is a counterhit launcher, a punch parry, and a homing move all in one. since i dont want to flood the faq with a 20 page double spaced essay on steves stances, his options from his strings, and wall game (which im sure wasnt the appropriate place to put it anyways). im gonna end with punishers, and if there isnt a ttt2 steve thread yet on srk, i guess ill start one soon. But this should be good enough for basics.

From Standing:
    10f: 1,1,2 or 1,2
    12f: 2,1 (at least im pretty sure)
    13f: b+1,2 or df+1,2
    14f: df+1+2
    15f: ff+2 (you're probably never going to use this)
    16f: db+3,2
    17f: b+2
    lol everything past this point
    19f:uf+2
    23f: uf+4

From Crouching:
    10f: db+1
    11f: ws+1,2
    15f: ws+2 (useless)
    17f: ws+1+2
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Spiderman/Thor/Ironman, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge The Age of Murder and Storm Joined: Posts: 16,184

Changes to Kazuya from TTT2 to Revolution, found the video and thought it would be useful to know.
    I did not give two shits about TR until I saw this. I might actually get it afterall.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • KawwKaww ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ Joined: Posts: 509
    Wind god fist is safe?

Welp. Guess I don't have to worry about fucking up EWGFs now when learning him.

What up Balltapper

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpNYYgsfhQ9sSyn1v2H24roo7cXdrP2CwP0Uvwf0Y6u8HyUdgt
    Kaww wrote: »
    Wind god fist is safe?

Welp. Guess I don't have to worry about fucking up EWGFs now when learning him.

What up Balltapper

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpNYYgsfhQ9sSyn1v2H24roo7cXdrP2CwP0Uvwf0Y6u8HyUdgt
    q8Dbcdf.jpg
  • PatakaReadaPatakaReada Over Flowers Joined: Posts: 1,458
    Watch me duck it
    "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. But not Hip-Hop yo"
  • therooktherook I Challenge My Fate! Joined: Posts: 3,458
    Looks like training mode wont take coins when it's implemented.
    SFIV: Guy, Cody, E.Ryu, Poison.
    Gundam Extreme: Wing Zero(TV)
    Tekken: Lili, Asuka, A.King, Julia/Jaycee, Kunimitsu.
    SC: Taki/Natsu
    VF5FS: Eileen, El Blaze, Aoi.
  • rafsemensrafsemens Joined: Posts: 4
    interesting how Revolution is the best Tekken since DR sans extra features, the core gameplay is not nearly as sluggish as T6 or TTT2

play DR then play T6 or TTT2 right afterwards, they're both very slow in comparison (PS3 gen graphics taking a priority). Revolution is a return to form, input is immediate, sidestepping feels much better as well. I like the direction Tekken x Street Fighter is going in this current state, and how the unblockables work (Shoryuken!!!).

play DR then play T6 or TTT2 right afterwards, they're both very slow in comparison (PS3 gen graphics taking a priority). Revolution is a return to form, input is immediate, sidestepping feels much better as well.

No no honey shit doesn't work like this. Tell me exactly what's slower and get accurate data to back you up. "input is immediate" is suggesting that T6/TT2 have some sort of input lag which is BS. Most of the moves have the same speed so the games are not "slower". Only thing that's slower is that all jabs are now 10 frames instead of some being 8, but 2 frames is not something the human brain can even measure so they game shouldn't "feel" slower, unless you convince yourself it is.
    Former account:
  • PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,182
    edited June 2013
    Got a question.

If someone were to max out Paul's damage, wouldn't Phoenix Smasher one shot, like everyone who doesn't have a high health stat?

I'll definitely check this game out after they release Marduk, then i'll proceed to only level up his power and demolish people online.
    spread'em
    Got a question.

If someone were to max out Paul's damage, wouldn't Phoenix Smasher one shot, like everyone who doesn't have a high health stat?

I'll definitely check this game out after they release Marduk, then i'll proceed to only level up his power and demolish people online.

i couldnt imagine why it wouldnt one shot provided the conditions were met, ive seen death cradles, actually impose death. and i would suggest you download and play anyways to grind cash for upgrading stats, because eventually namco is prolly gonna release stamina, vigor, and strength packs as DLC people are gonna have their stats so high, that its going to be extremely hard to beat them, so you're probably going to be sitting there going, "well, its free to play, but not free to win, i better go download those strength packs"
    Is the max level 50? I faced a Law on ranked that was that level and had maxed out (200) Strength (Max strength plus Rage = scary to fight btw).
    Got a question.

No but it will hurt a lot.
    Former account:
  • rafsemensrafsemens Joined: Posts: 4
    No no honey shit doesn't work like this. Tell me exactly what's slower and get accurate data to back you up. "input is immediate" is suggesting that T6/TT2 have some sort of input lag which is BS. Most of the moves have the same speed so the games are not "slower". Only thing that's slower is that all jabs are now 10 frames instead of some being 8, but 2 frames is not something the human brain can even measure so they game shouldn't "feel" slower, unless you convince yourself it is.

i'm not the only one with this opinion, T6 & TTT2 are slow and it's well known, have you measured the frames yourself between input and onscreen movement? you can feel it's not optimized, the photorealistic graphics put a strain on the system which are most likely not helping them, when you've been playing Tekken for 17 years you tend to notice these things...
    i'm not the only one with this opinion, T6 & TTT2 are slow and it's well known, have you measured the frames yourself between input and onscreen movement? you can feel it's not optimized, the photorealistic graphics put a strain on the system which are most likely not helping them, when you've been playing Tekken for 17 years you tend to notice these things...
    Call me when you have a real answer.
    Former account:
  • RaishinXRaishinX I fell off Joined: Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    supposedly there's a bit of input lag and the console is stressed bringing this [TTT2] from arcades but that's about it afaik.
    i just stared at beast for 5 minutes.... hes looking right at me
    like im poongko and i got his money -Jaja Novistro
  • YannickYannick Max Range Panta Rhei Joined: Posts: 4,467
    Tataki, you know as well as we all do that Harada said console Tag 2 has input lag. No need to be so mean.

I will agree that the pace of the game seems quicker, but movement seems nerfed somehow? Not quite sure how that's adding up in my brain.

I am LOVING the visual improvements, especially on character intros and some of the blockier looking parts of the stages and models.

Menu music is also sweet. :D
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.

Jiyugaoka_Kaz
    Good evening Harada-san. I have a question regarding offline mode in the home version. After playing in T6 practice mode, I went into the TTT2 practice mode, and clearly felt some lag. I've heard that there might be intentional lag in the offline mode, but what is the reason for this?

Harada
    In truth, the home version of T6 was faster than the arcade version. The arcade version had a JV board in the circuit, so the game was delayed X(秘 frames*. In addition, even though the HDMI output is the same as the home version, the Noir Monitors would lag about one frame when it finished rendering to the bottom right. TTT2 is the same as the arcade version
    http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=4578201#post4578201
    Former account:
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,690
    This free to play model needs some work but for a first attempt this is actually done pretty well imo. It does a really good job of making me want to try tag 2, the netcode is just so amazing.

If done correctly, I can see free to play being the way to go for fighting games as long as you have the ability buy the full game with little to no restrictions.

• Sleepy princeSleepy prince Joined: Posts: 65
    I do not understand the statement who say that TR is a lesser TTT2. They're pretty different. I hate the tag and bound system. And they're not in Tekken R. Plus I feel that you have less posibility to juggle the opponent on their wake up, is it me or ?

I like TR better than TTT2. Way way better. Fuck the business model though.

edited June 2013
    Plus I feel that you have less posibility to juggle the opponent on their wake up, is it me or ?

You can't relaunch backrolls anymore. Which is bad because reducing the risk on backrolling only makes waking up simpler, and reduces the momentum a knockdown leads to.
    Former account:
  • Conrad09Conrad09 Joined: Posts: 37
    Plus I feel that you have less posibility to juggle the opponent on their wake up, is it me or ?

You can't relaunch backrolls anymore. Which is bad because reducing the risk on backrolling only makes waking up simpler, and reduces the momentum a knockdown leads to.
    Not to mention it completely ruins characters like Lili who was known for her awesome oki.

• Sleepy princeSleepy prince Joined: Posts: 65
    edited June 2013
    Relaunch backroll allowed fuckfest in TTT2, and that's partialy what make me drop TTT2. That and the "Bound" that allow to do even more juggle than before. And we all know how exciting juggles are in the eye of an average player ^^

As an average player who do not have that much time and do not want to invest hours and hours learning a video game, Tekken R fits me perfectly. But I can understand why pro or good player despite it.

What upset me with Tekken R is the coin system. I thought you could defend your credit online, and play on it until you loose. This is not the case. Win or loose, your credit is lost. Complain material.
    as long as you keep on winning you can keep on playing via use of your ticket, however if you lose your ticket, you can revert to coins which win or lose the coin is lost. Basically, once you have your ticket, don't lose and there shouldn't be a problem
  • FunkyPFunkyP Chicks with Guns Joined: Posts: 1,545
    They've removed daily tickets which gives less incentive to play now, and kinda corners you into buying coins
    that is unfortunate
  • PiccoroPiccoro Joined: Posts: 75
    Harada says the game has been downloaded 1.000.000 times. Exp, Gift bonus and 1.000.000 Gold to everyone who logs tomorrow!

Oh, and Jin and Xiaoyu are coming! :)

https://www.facebook.com/Harada.Tekken/posts/604043469628119
    PSN: PiccoroDaimaoh
    Ling?

Shit, I deleted it because I went back to TTT2...

If Ling's in it, I'm going to have to download it again tonight.

Thanks for the update.
  • PiccoroPiccoro Joined: Posts: 75
    You're welcome but I think we have to unlock Jin and Ling with Gift points, like the other 4 extra characters.
    And there's no problem if you deleted the game. Your progress is always saved in the cloud in this game. ;)
    PSN: PiccoroDaimaoh
    Piccoro wrote: »
    You're welcome but I think we have to unlock Jin and Ling with Gift points, like the other 4 extra characters.
    And there's no problem if you deleted the game. Your progress is always saved in the cloud in this game. ;)

Yeah, I know. It's fine, I don't mind doing it, nor do I mind unlocking them. I'd play if I can play as Ling. She's my favorite character in Tekken as a whole. If I could do Ling / Lee, I'd be 1000% satisfied.
    Ling is really bad... :(
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Just making functions give in to unwanted pleasure..." Joined: Posts: 2,869
    Watch out for dem lasers! XD
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!