Evo DVDs

PreppyPreppy act like you're used to itJoined: Posts: 11,883 mod
edited April 2014 in Video Gallery
Thanks to the generosity of SRK and with loving help from Magnetro, MJ_R, Toshin, and Jae, the Evo2k2, Evo2k3, Evo2k4, Evo2k5, Evo2k6, Evo2k7, and Evo2k8 DVDs are now available as a thank you bonus to SRK members.

Downloadable Versions
* B3 VHS (direct link to the vid)
* B4 VHS
* encoded B5 DVD
* Evo2k2 DVDs
* Evo2k3 DVDs
* Evo2k4 DVDs
* Evo2k5 DVDs
* Evo2k6 DVDs
* Evo2k7 DVDs
* Evo2k8 DVDs
There were no further DVDs after Evo2k8.
* IGN Insider: Evo2k9 footage

Using them
They're spanned RAR files - you will need to download all the RARs for that disc, open the first RAR with WinRAR, export the ISO, and then burn it to DVD (for example with ImgBurn). (Or mount the ISO, whatever.)
You can directly play them in VLC.
You can burn the ISO using Nero or ImgBurn.

YouTube Playlists
* B4: VHS tape 1, VHS tape 2
* B5: B5 DVD
* Evo2K2: MvC2
* Evo2k3: MvC2 East Coast vs West Coast 5 on 5, MvC2 highlights, MvC2 top 8, CvS2 highlights, CvS2 top 8, Third Strike top 8, Super Turbo, GGXX highlights
* Evo2k4: MvC2 highlights, MvC2 top 8, CvS2 top 8
* Evo2k5: MvC2 highlights, MvC2 top 8, CvS2 highlights, CvS2 top 8, Third Strike exhibition quals, Third Strike USA vs Japan 5 on 5, Third Strike top 8, Super Turbo top 8, GGXX highlights, GGXX top 8
* Evo2k6: MvC2 top 8, CvS2 highlights, CvS2 top 8, Third Strike highlights, Third Strike top 8, Hyper Fighting top 8
* Evo2k7: MvC2 top 8, CvS2 top 8, Third Strike top 8, Super Turbo top 8, Player Interviews
* Evo2k8: MvC2 top 8, CvS2 top 8, Third Strike top 8, Super Turbo top 8, Bonus matches

If there's anything missing, it's entirely possible that I forgot it or didn't figure anybody would notice. Lemme know if anything is missing/wrong. :smile:

<3

The standard ISO images were created using ImgBurn.

The Evo2k5 CvS2&ST and GGXX discs are up thanks to MJ_R and Toshin. :tup:
The Evo2k4 Tekken 4, Tekken Tag, Soul Calibur 2, and Virtua Fighter 4: Evo discs are up thanks to Jae. :tup:
Post edited by Preppy on
http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
"If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
·

Comments

• cuh | soncuh | son Innovator of Grindage Joined: Posts: 51
    Thanks for these. I've been looking all over the place since I missed out on getting them back then. What better place to find them than SRK?
    Signature
    ·
  • garlicgarlic [DOJO_XTC] Joined: Posts: 4
    thank you so much, guys.
    appreciate all the hardworks for all these years
    these vids are really should be release, to use as a benchmark for all FGC all over the world
    ·
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    Oh good God this is TOO GOOD. I live in Venezuela so its near impossible to grab a copy of any of these. Thanks Preppy and thanks to the srk and EVO staff. This will be my own xmas gift =D
    ·
  • CyberguileCyberguile Joined: Posts: 35
    awesome !!!
    need to buy a new hard drive to store those :)
    ·
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the upload! Gotta make sure this footage doesn't fade away with the VHS and DVD era. Long live the glory days of old man games.
    ·
  • SuperFXSuperFX YOU GET NOTHING Joined: Posts: 1,065
    Thanks to everyone who made this possible, and glad to see this footage being made available for the whole community to enjoy

cheers
    The 20-mule-team dominates
    ·
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to everybody who made these possible, and here's to hoping we can get EVO 2009 and 2010 too!
    ·
  • MalevolenciaMalevolencia @MaliceIsGDLK Joined: Posts: 388
    Much appreciated.
    -Malice
    ·
  • DanDanDanDan Yeah! Joined: Posts: 1,209 ✭✭
    Thank you so much! This is baller!
    Gonna watch 2k2 3S.
    The year U.S. players woke up lol
    KOF and AE 2012
    ·
  • Camacho1977Camacho1977 Camacho is back Joined: Posts: 29
    damn, thank you so freaking much. This is awesome!!! I believe a lot of people will be interested in watching the tournament pre evo series. Since in many countries the scene still small and always look up at what the EVO series is today, but really don't know how it all started. Again thank you so much for this.....
    ·
  • Vagrant42791Vagrant42791 Joined: Posts: 35
    This is absolutely fucking amazing.

Thank you
    ·
  • KrakhanKrakhan Joined: Posts: 4
    Thank you so much, I'll have to spend some time during my vacation this month to watch over all these videos.
    ·
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
    my friend, i heart you
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
    ·
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 11,883 mod
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Thanks to everybody who made these possible, and here's to hoping we can get EVO 2009 and 2010 too!
    :wtf:

Evo 2008 was the last year they put out DVDs. :smile:
    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    ·
    Preppy wrote: »
    :wtf:

Evo 2008 was the last year they put out DVDs. :smile:

Ah, that sucks, sorry. I didn't hear about EVO until 2009 actually, so the first one I saw any of live was a couple matches from 2010. I actually didn't know that.
    ·
  • TripleAgentTripleAgent NSC Lord Joined: Posts: 719
    This is great. Any chance for torrents, just for ease of downloading?
    NSC - Repping real Hip-Hop in Baltimore.
    ·
  • PatakaReadaPatakaReada Just a Boy, hungry for love Joined: Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    They had Mario Kart!?

EDIT: also thank you so much preppy, and everyone else who lead to this being shared. you're such a peach <3
    Post edited by PatakaReada on
    "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. But not Hip-Hop yo"
    ·
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 211
    EPIC!!! Been waiting for these vids for a long-ass time. Thank you SRK + Preppy! Happy Holidays!

Peace out!

8P
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
    ·
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Scurred of LimeGreenPenis in my stocking. Joined: Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when this used to be a premium benefit.

Sad to know that era is gone, but glad to see these available again, Preppy!
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: JTM | Missing Person | Battle.net: DrSpielgood#1946
    "I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
    "Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both? I can't find the penis. I need to find the penis." --Augustus
    "Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
    Currently 7-4 in SRK Mafia | One half of SRK's contingent to the Game of Mafia Champions.
    MVP of SRK Mafia All-Stars II | Season 1 Best Mafia GM Golden Crust Award Winner
    http://www.jesustoastmafia.com - Where people from SRK go to lynch niggas.
    ·
  • darkdragon88darkdragon88 Joined: Posts: 24
    I don't even know which DVD to start with! Thanks for posting these. I only have 2 DVDs of my own so this helps the collection.
    ·
  • MattyHustedMattyHusted Joined: Posts: 20
    fantastic stuff perfect for over the xmas holiday
    ·
    (updated the first post with the various youtube playlists)
    ·
  • Luckydude23Luckydude23 Anime girls, all day. Joined: Posts: 501
    It's been a long time since I've been around these forums due to school and all, but much thanks to the EVO staff and to you Preppy. Downloading now.

P.S is the Duc Vs Sanford Money Match in there? Just wondering that's all.

Thanks!!
    ·
  • The QuestionThe Question Pitched Battles, here we go. Joined: Posts: 487 ✭✭✭
    What an awesome resource for anyone who missed it, thank you for all of the hard work that got put into this.
    ·
    Evo 2k2 is missing disc 2
    ·
  • ATXReaperATXReaper Joined: Posts: 17
    edited December 2013
    thank you so much for this :)

EDIT: Would you please upload a torrent file? gotta catch em all :P
    Post edited by ATXReaper on
    ·
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    Does anybody have any scans of the DVD covers? I own the majority of the DVDs already, but for the few I don't have I would love to print out the cover and put it on the case.
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
    ·
    It's been a long time since I've been around these forums due to school and all, but much thanks to the EVO staff and to you Preppy. Downloading now.

P.S is the Duc Vs Sanford Money Match in there? Just wondering that's all.

Thanks!!
    Yup, on the Evo2k6 DVD. :tup:

* http://zachd.com/mvc2/matches/Evolution/evo2k6/DVD/

·
  • DTJBDTJB Lazy Man's Artist Joined: Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Awesome news, drop the balloons and confetti.
    Average level warrior, advanced level fan.
    Oh look, I have a deviantart page. http://dtjb.deviantart.com/
    Put something in the music threads, good chance I'll like it.
    3rd Strike: Makoto
    KOF 13: Shen/Terry/Kula
    Ultra SF4: Adon

·
    *facepalm* I even found my note reminding me to fix this - this was one of the few files that weren't restored when I upgraded the server. I'm in the process of reuploading this, but it'll be a bit since it's huge. Thanks for reminding me.
    ·
    Fixed, sorry about that. :smile:

·
    edited December 2013
    Fixed, sorry about that. :smile:
    thanks man
    Post edited by MattyHusted on
    ·
  • CaptChucklesCaptChuckles Joined: Posts: 2
    This is awesome!! The Marvel 2 crowds as always carried so much excitement, i'll be watching these as a grayed old man.
    ·
    edited December 2013
    having some issues with evo 2007 disk 2 part 11. throwing me crc errors when im trying to extract it. anyone else having problems or is it just me?

if these dvds got released again, bet they'd sell like hotcakes
    Post edited by defghui on
    ·
  • GakoTheChefGakoTheChef Joined: Posts: 2
    Is there no way to make them all direct downloads like B3?
    ·
    ^-- Could you clarify what you mean by that? Diving up a 5+GB object into a "direct download" could mean any of a number of things. :smile:

As re: cover scans: I have the disc 1 and 2 Evo 2k2, 2k6, 2k7, and 2k8 sleeves in front of me right now. I'll try to get those scanned and up by Sunday if no one objets.
    ·
    He might be referring to some possibility of each of the individual files being video files into and of themselves, i.e. EVO 2008, disc 1 being broken up into 12 separate videos. I could be entirely wrong on that though, so if I am, my mistake.
    ·
  • Motts2rocMotts2roc Joined: Posts: 4
    This is great thanks man. evo 2002 and 2005 now my dvd collection can be completed. your the best
    MvC1 is going to be online. This goes out to my brother.
    NOBODY!!!! nobody beats those War Machines.
    ·
  • vargusvargus Joined: Posts: 7
    Hi,

First of All Great job Man!

However I think you are missing the "Tekken 5.0 Top 8 finals from evo2k5 DVD".

Another thing, I am uncertain if any Tekken 5.0 Exhibitions or highlights were also recorded that year, but either way, along with the Tekken 5.0 Top 8, they were never officially released.

If I have my history correct, due to the Torrent debacle of 2005 Only CVS2, 3s, ST and GGXX were released. I believe the MVC2 DVD and Tekken 5.0 DVD were not released at the time. So good job on releasing MVC2, I am eager to watch this as soon as I finish DL'ing it.

If you could please release the Tekken 5.0 DVD that would be awesome.

Keep up the great work

Now only if we could get the Complete Set of "Super Battle Opera DVDs" that would be the best.

Thanks

- Vargus
    ·
    edited December 2013
    Wasn't the release of the Evo2k5 Tekken DVD handled via Tekken Zaibatsu? At this point I only have clearance from the SRK team as regards their releases. I can check in on that, but that might require a different chain of people.

Super Battle Opera also has the same problem as far as I'm aware. I wouldn't even know whom to contact at Tougeki. I'm most definitely game (I have my stack of Texas Showdown DVDs next to my PC right now since archiving all of this historic stuff is interesting to me), but ... need to figure out how to get those appropriate rights first. =]

edit: Evidently Enterbrain handled the SBO DVD releases. So first I'd need clearance and then I'd need to get/borrow the DVDs I don't have, since I definitely have only one small chunk of their overall library. *ponders*
    Post edited by Preppy on
    ·
    edited December 2013
    He might be referring to some possibility of each of the individual files being video files into and of themselves, i.e. EVO 2008, disc 1 being broken up into 12 separate videos. I could be entirely wrong on that though, so if I am, my mistake.
    *nods*, seems reasonable. Those files were already up on the site. To help make them more visible to y'all, I moved them directly into "Content" subfolders under the DVD folder links above. Seemed like a reasonable solution.

Since this is a huge number of files, finding what you're looking for may be difficult- you can also use:
    * http://zachd.com/mvc2/fulllist.html?DVD content
    to help start to filter down to what you're looking for.
    Post edited by Preppy on
    ·
  • GakoTheChefGakoTheChef Joined: Posts: 2
    *nods*, seems reasonable. Those files were already up on the site. To help make them more visible to y'all, I moved them directly into "Content" subfolders under the DVD folder links above. Seemed like a reasonable solution.

Since this is a huge number of files, finding what you're looking for may be difficult- you can also use:
    * http://zachd.com/mvc2/fulllist.html?DVD content
    to help start to filter down to what you're looking for.

Basically what Livewire said. Hoping it would've just been one big file per EVO where each disc is separated into 2 vids but it seems like a big request asking for this since its already such a nice gift to us users. Thanks again for this all though
    ·
    Yeah, that wouldn't be practical/viable since at that point you're more or less downloading the ISO (OK, VOB but you know what I mean) as at least a ~2-3GB file. (Plus or minus the fact that it's not just one big VOB in the first place, blah blah blah.) :smile:
    ·
    yo winrar is throwing me errors for 2007 disk 2 also
    C:\Users\Barry\Desktop\Evolution 2007 Disc 2.part10.rar: Packed data checksum error in Evolution 2007 Disc 2.iso. The volume is corrupt
    C:\Users\Barry\Desktop\Evolution 2007 Disc 2.part11.rar: Checksum error in Evolution 2007 Disc 2.iso. The file is corrupt

possible to reupload 2007 disk 2 files mayhaps? pretty please?
    ·
    Yeah, np, will get on it tomorrow. =]
    ·
  • shadow x jinshadow x jin Joined: Posts: 84
    edited December 2013
    yeah appreciate the re upload whenever u got time. 2007 disc 2 part 2 is corrupted ='[
    Post edited by shadow x jin on
    ·
    I have finished reuploading Evo2k7 disc 2. Should work from here on forward.
    ·
    it worked! hurrayyyyy. we heart you 5eva
    ·
  • shadow x jinshadow x jin Joined: Posts: 84
    mine still says file corrupted.. maybe ill just redownload all of them again
    ·
    mine still says file corrupted.. maybe ill just redownload all of them again
    yea i redownloaded all 11 files just to be sure.
    ·