Evo DVDs

2»

Comments

• shadow x jinshadow x jin Joined: Posts: 86
    defghui wrote: »
    mine still says file corrupted.. maybe ill just redownload all of them again
    yea i redownloaded all 11 files just to be sure.

man i have no clue how you got yours to work. mines still says file corrupted once it gets to the 2nd rar
  • shadow x jinshadow x jin Joined: Posts: 86
    well if it works for you now then it has to be a problem with my computer. the 2nd part still says its corrupted. normally id think its winrar messing up or something but i extracted the 2k4 DVD just fine. im lost.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,504 admin
    Yeah, this is a full re-archive and re-upload. You would not be able to mix and match between the two compression passes, sorry. :smile:

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

MvC2 for Xbox One/PS4 pls

• vargusvargus Joined: Posts: 7
    Preppy wrote: »
    Wasn't the release of the Evo2k5 Tekken DVD handled via Tekken Zaibatsu? At this point I only have clearance from the SRK team as regards their releases. I can check in on that, but that might require a different chain of people.

Did happen to find out, if you could get the Evo 2k5 Tekken 5.0 DVD and upload it here? I was going to post in the thread over at www.tekkenzaibatsu.com for you, but I figure you would be far more persuasive than I, since you are spearheading this project.
    Super Battle Opera also has the same problem as far as I'm aware. I wouldn't even know whom to contact at Tougeki. I'm most definitely game (I have my stack of Texas Showdown DVDs next to my PC right now since archiving all of this historic stuff is interesting to me),

I love the history too, I wish more stuff like this was archived. Even if we just had random interviews at the venue with top players all this stuff is great to look back on
    edit: Evidently Enterbrain handled the SBO DVD releases. So first I'd need clearance and then I'd need to get/borrow the DVDs I don't have, since I definitely have only one small chunk of their overall library. *ponders*

Happy to wait for the SBO DVDs, I know it will probably be miracle to make it happen though.

I'll check back in later.

Thanks Preppy
    OK, scanned the covers I have on me:
    * http://zachd.com/mvc2/pictures/Evo/DVD cover scans/
    Please note that I am delirious with a cold right now, so am aware that not all of these scans are great. Feel free to scan better copies and point me to them.

<3

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Reads back of Evo 2K2 dvd cover:

"I swear she was 18"

God dammit Viscant XD
    edited January 2014
    A few things I forgot to mention a few posts ago...

Preppy,

Hope you have shaken that delirious cold you had and are feeling better. I thought the following might be of interest.

Any chance of more recent Evo Footage going up? I noticed that the following "Top 8"s are missing.

Evo 2013
    Skull Girls Was this a unofficial tournament?
    Dive Kick Was this a unofficial tournament?

Evo 2012
    SC5
    KOF13
    MK9
    SFxT
    VF5fs
    Skull Girls unofficial again?

Evo 2011
    GGXX A Core unofficial?

Evo 2010
    HDR
    MVC2
    TvC
    SF4 (Women's Event)
    MB:AA

UPDATE 'ST' was removed from the Evo 2010 list and Evo 2011 list, as per "eltrouble's" post that is located later on in this thread. The ST tournaments in 2010 and 2011 were unoffical. UPDATE

I understand that with the unofficial tournaments, there is a very good chance that there is no footage of that.

but for the others, I couldn't find them on your youtube page or the evo2kvids youtube page (located below)

http://www.youtube.com/user/evo2kvids/

Even if these were only put up on youtube, I'd be more than happy with that.

I also understand you are focusing on old "B" tournament series and Evo DVD footage, but the completest in all of us would love to have access to the whole lot, wouldn't you agree?

Lastly, any word on the Evo 2005 Tekken 5.0 DVD?

Thanks

- Vargus
    Post edited by vargus on
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,707
    As for ST, they've had tournaments at Evo every single year. Evo 2010 was the last year for the official tournament (HDR), but 2011-2013 were all side tournaments.
    Anything post-08 was not put on DVD and so I don't have that source. I'd need to check in on the other stuff. I'm heading down to California later this month for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon: if I run into @MrWizard then I'll try to get that ball rolling. :smile:

• LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,614
    Yeah, I have to second that if anybody can find the EVO 2009 and 2010 Top 8s, complete, that would be amazing.
    eltrouble wrote: »
    As for ST, they've had tournaments at Evo every single year. Evo 2010 was the last year for the official tournament (HDR), but 2011-2013 were all side tournaments.

UPDATE I have updated my earlier post and fixed the ST request UPDATE

Thanks 'eltrouble' for the post.

So in 2010 HDR was the last official tournament for 'ST'.

So I gather regular ST was not in the official line up 'along' with HDR?

Come to think of it, it seems like the Cannon Brothers would never do that, either one or the other never both, well officially at least.

Will check back later

vargus wrote: »
    official line up 'along' with HDR?

Nope. ST has just been a side tournament since then. It has never been a main game alongside HDR.
    Bernie would probably know if they've recorded the ST side tournament matches.

Tournament of Legends is up on youtube, it was the side tournament we held for Evo 2012.

ST Games was held during 2013. Every single match of the tourney was recorded, but it's taking awhile to get put on YT. It takes quite awhile to edit and upload 20+ hours of ST footage across 4 setups, but a few matches were uploaded via iebattleground's youtube channel.
    If people want to link to appropriate playlists / channels for alt. tournament footage from Evo, I'd be happy to update the first post with those relevant links. :tup:

Guys Im having errors burning Evo 2k7 disk 2, always at 79%. Either with Nero or Img Burn =( I have the 2nd re upload. Funny: It plays ok mounting it on a virtual drive. Any hints?

error.png
    I know I've brought this up before, and I know there isn't a DVD for it, but why is there essentially zero footage of EVO 2009 save for a 240p version of the SF4 Grand Finals? It just seems really odd to me that there's all this footage for the EVO's beforehand, and even EVO 2010, with all the footage holes for that, has the T6, TVC, and SSF4 Top 8's available, with the Grand Finals for MVC2 and Melty Blood as well. So uh...was there some technical error that made the footage get erased or something, because it kind of comes across as "the forgotten EVO" in a sense like that in terms of available footage.

And well, if footage does exist and people can point me in the right direction, then thanks in advance.
    LivewireX wrote: »
    I know I've brought this up before, and I know there isn't a DVD for it, but why is there essentially zero footage of EVO 2009 save for a 240p version of the SF4 Grand Finals? It just seems really odd to me that there's all this footage for the EVO's beforehand, and even EVO 2010, with all the footage holes for that, has the T6, TVC, and SSF4 Top 8's available, with the Grand Finals for MVC2 and Melty Blood as well. So uh...was there some technical error that made the footage get erased or something, because it kind of comes across as "the forgotten EVO" in a sense like that in terms of available footage.

And well, if footage does exist and people can point me in the right direction, then thanks in advance.

I remember IGN had all the DF from EVO 2009 in HD. Dont know if they still do.
    I remember checking yesterday and while they had links to stuff (I only really checked the SF4 videos) none of the IGN ones seemed to work, at least, not anymore.
    Anybody have a copy of the IGN archives and want to send them to me for posterity for starters? I made a note to check in on that.

I bought IGN Prime and confirmed that most of their Evo footage seems to be gone now. Hitting up the Evo gang to get the ball rolling. :\

I bought IGN Prime and confirmed that most of their Evo footage seems to be gone now. Hitting up the Evo gang to get the ball rolling. :\

Thanks man, I just want to say I appreciate all the work you've been putting in and I'm sure somebody has the footage out there, so hopefully they'll step in to help out. If I ever stumble across any footage at all from it, I'll let you know ASAP.
    With boundless thanks and love to Chen and Wiz, they've been resurrected:
    * http://zachd.com/mvc2/recent.html
    :tup:

YouTube availability is an absolute no-go at this time, but may be revisited.

With boundless thanks and love to Chen and Wiz, they've been resurrected:
    * http://zachd.com/mvc2/recent.html
    :tup:

YouTube availability is an absolute no-go at this time, but may be revisited.

Sweet! Major thanks to you and everyone that helped you get those!
  • ][gognito][gognito Joined: Posts: 139
    edited April 2015
    Aloha from Hellas (Greece) guys , awesome job of trying to put them all together.
    Many of the links doesnt seem to work , doesn anoyone know where could i find them?any help would be much appreciated , thnx in advance =)
    My hosting provider is wonky right now. These and other things may be offline indefinitely on my side.

Then it seems that it is fucked up for me.
    If anybody happens to see my post and knows something then plz let me know cause i mostly want it for community purposes as i am trying to do some serious job here.
    Thanks everyone regardless =)
    No, I'm the guy you'd want to talk to here as regards those URLs. Those URLs are currently deliberately offline due to my problems with my hosting provider. I'll respond to your PMs with temporary URLs, I guess.

Sorry: my hosting provider has been fine for a long time and just decided to be a dick last month. Still figuring out how to deal with it.

The videos from the links that are up on your Youtube channel are still fine, so we can still check those out, right?
    Yup!

No, I'm the guy you'd want to talk to here as regards those URLs. Those URLs are currently deliberately offline due to my problems with my hosting provider. I'll respond to your PMs with temporary URLs, I guess.

Sorry: my hosting provider has been fine for a long time and just decided to be a dick last month. Still figuring out how to deal with it.

I dont have prob waiting for everything to be settled.it would be better for me if you could PM please :smile:

LivewireX wrote: »
    The videos from the links that are up on your Youtube channel are still fine, so we can still check those out, right?

As far as i chekced there ,ones of 2004 is missing Tekken which i mostly need :smile:

• Jokiz92Jokiz92 Joined: Posts: 13
    edited July 2015
    Amazing upload guys! :smiley:
    Wish someone could upload all the DVD's as a single torrent though, hate downloading all these parts..
    But still, great work!
  • Sp00kyFoxSp00kyFox Joined: Posts: 318
    edited August 2016
    @Preppy

I sent you a message, don't know if you noticed. I have the complete footage from Evo2k9. on the archive there is a lot of stuff that is missing. I could provide it for the archive if you want.
    Post edited by Sp00kyFox on
    It's on my list to respond to, just been busy - heading off to Portland for the weekend in 30 minutes. =P

• Sp00kyFoxSp00kyFox Joined: Posts: 318
    I uploaded all the stuff I have from Evo2k9. as far as I know that is all the match footage that was released back then. I did my best to make sure that the file names are correct, but regarding semis I don't know the brackets. if anyone should notice an error with the player names or other things, let me know.

download:
2»