Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm, IndieGoGo campaign thread.

Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!!Joined: Posts: 1,134
edited June 2013 in Fighting Game Discussion
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/yatagarasu-attack-on-cataclysm

Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm is the name of the first and probably most important update to Yatagarasu, a Doujin fighting game by Shizapen. Now with the help of Nyu Media they are trying to get funds with an IndieGogo campain.

The goal is 68.000 bucks.
Post edited by Hayama Akito on
Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,003 mod
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    What

When

Where

I wonder when the Kickstarter crash is coming.
    STOMP!
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,134
    d3v wrote: »
    Who?

Nyu Media is a well know Doujin Soft publisher for english market, with titles like Ether Vapor, eXceed 3rd, Kamui, Satazius and other good games.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,704
    more airdashes
    more long air combos
    more dumb ass kawaii characters

Donate plz!!
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    They've made some badass shumps, I hope this succeeds
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,432
    Yay can't wait to see it
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,330
    Big Bang Beat Revolve 2nd Mark? No? Probably not going to care. Who knows, maybe it'll not suck.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • KikeredKikered Joined: Posts: 36
    Yes, it's Yatagarasu. They want to finish the game with at least six new characters with the original team and even launch it on Arcade for NESiCAxLive. Good for me. If someone want to close this thread because we already have a Yatagaru thread it's ok for me.
  • GoryusGoryus Joined: Posts: 232
    Maybe update the original post to include the link, and make this a separate thread for the IndieGoGo campaign?
    I contend we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do.
    When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I would suggest to change the title of this thread. Looking at the Indiegogo page I'm apprehensively hype. I would have more faith if:

(Change/Feature implementations)

GGPO/Rollback netcode or bust. If the netcode isn't good I'm not buying it. No compromises.

How will the original characters be changed? I want radical changes. I want the shoto's to be different. I want the grappler dude to not be a typical grappler with a worthless drop kick. Give everyone 3 supers.

Get Rockefeller to do commentary. If not him than Hellpockets.
    Post edited by Louiscipher on
    STOMP!
    Goryus wrote: »
    Maybe update the original post to include the link, and make this a separate thread for the IndieGoGo campaign?

Hey look, it's Derek, maybe if we post about this in the 3S section we can get him to talk about the 3SOE patch.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,704
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    Big Bang Beat Revolve 2nd Mark? No? Probably not going to care. Who knows, maybe it'll not suck.

I was so dissapointed that it wasn't.

I mean yay yatagarasu but i didn't even put that much time into it
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala

I was so dissapointed that it wasn't.

I mean yay yatagarasu but i didn't even put that much time into it

I just got back into Yatagarasu, so this announcement was really weird for me. In one hand I was really taken off guard because I was hoping for something actually new and was kinda disappointed that it wasn't, but I was also kinda excited that there was going to be something new for it, and it's a big something new.
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 499
    Well, I've been in close contact with the CEO of Nyu-Media for a while (goes by the name of "GenkiPatton" on the Nyu-Media forums & I've been trying to get him to attend AWA this year which is a possibility at the moment now). If you guys got any question you want me to pitch to him, let me know.
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
    MikuruX wrote: »
    Well, I've been in close contact with the CEO of Nyu-Media for a while (goes by the name of "GenkiPatton" on the Nyu-Media forums & I've been trying to get him to attend AWA this year which is a possibility at the moment now). If you guys got any question you want me to pitch to him, let me know.

John Rockefeller: Y/Y?

3S parries hinder the fuck out of charge characters and that's retarded. Also, you get a better parry by holding forward as you parry as opposed to back and parry. Straight up I would probably hate the game if it was 3S parries. And the shotos are about as different as the shotos in 3S are, and Chadha's drop kick is pretty god damn not worthless. It's one of the most devastating anti airs in the game. It sounds like you want the game to be more like 3S for the sake of being like 3S instead of being a new game that is similar in concept but still a new game, and I don't support the former because it isn't warranted. If you want 3S, go play 3S.

As for Rockefeller, I've once again started my tirade on Nyu to get him in the game. Might make another video, who knows.

3S had charge partioning so... Also, it depends on the character. It doesn't effect Urien at all with his Launcher but Remy is a little bit harder to use but he's played very differently. To me, hitting a button to Parry is awkward and it's a fair request to make Parries more like 3S because... You know.... It's a 3S-inspired game and all. There's UOH's for christsake.

Wasn't aware the grappler had one of the best AA's so I cop to that.

On the subject of making it different from 3S I would like the UOH's to be easier to combo into regardless if opponent is crouching or not. Just an idea, and it would make UOH's a little like KOF's short hops.

STOMP!
    Goryus wrote: »

@Goryus Oh, so you're the guy who said "Arcade Perfect." and threatened to sue Ryan for exposing how not arcade perfect it was. We meet at last. I bet it was your idea to use MSPaint for those DLC palettes.
    STOMP!

3S parries hinder the fuck out of charge characters and that's retarded. Also, you get a better parry by holding forward as you parry as opposed to back and parry. Straight up I would probably hate the game if it was 3S parries. And the shotos are about as different as the shotos in 3S are, and Chadha's drop kick is pretty god damn not worthless. It's one of the most devastating anti airs in the game. It sounds like you want the game to be more like 3S for the sake of being like 3S instead of being a new game that is similar in concept but still a new game, and I don't support the former because it isn't warranted. If you want 3S, go play 3S.

As for Rockefeller, I've once again started my tirade on Nyu to get him in the game. Might make another video, who knows.

To me, hitting a button to Parry is awkward and it's a fair request to make Parries more like 3S because... You know.... It's a 3S-inspired game and all. There's UOH's for christsake.

On the subject of making it different from 3S I would like the UOH's to be easier to combo into regardless if opponent is crouching or not. Just an idea, and it would make UOH's a little like KOF's short hops.

Well doi it's a 3S inspired game, but that doesn't mean everything has to be a 1:1 clone of 3S and they clearly don't WANT it to be an exact clone of 3S. Also, I think it's funny how you say "Make parrying more like 3S because 3S," and then say "Make UOH dumber and not like 3S at all because fuck it." If you want short hops, the closest you're going to get is Jyuzumaru and Jet's super jumps.
    Well, I was trying to humor you since you want it to be different and making UOH's different would satisfy that want.
    STOMP!
    @MikuruX

Just want to emphasize if you can with this guy what kind of changes would the original characters be getting? Possibility of having 3 supers per character instead of 2. And the biggest one is the possibility of using GGPO. This is a must for a lot of people. I would love to see a Japanese developer use GGPO instead of completely ignoring a deafening wave of people begging for it. Looking at you SNKP.
    STOMP!
  • Shin NarayanShin Narayan Joined: Posts: 17
    Well, everyone's talking about GGPO, but there's another thing that bothers me as well : game balancing is part of the basic goal ,but rebalancing of the original characters are part... of the second stretch goal O_o
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
    Well, everyone's talking about GGPO, but there's another thing that bothers me as well : game balancing is part of the basic goal ,but rebalancing of the original characters are part... of the second stretch goal O_o

Well yeah, new characters take priority. You don't worry about the old characters until the new characters are in order.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,149
    I want to see this succeed since they are really hard working people and managed to do something of high quality mostly in their spare time out of love for the genre. Tomoyuki Kotani is the man.

Please change the thread title so people know which game will be crowdfunded.
  • ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,626
    edited June 2013
    Online Match Support

Yatagarasu’s network engine has been developed from scratch and allows smooth online matches with low lag and no jarring behavior such as rewinding. It has various features such as rank match, lobby match, play while waiting, and spectating. It also has handy features such as Twitter integration and checking on matches by mobile phone.

No rewinding = no Rollback netcode so it's probably gonna be your average input lag sf4 netcode.

Edit:

Or worse considering it is ex-SNK staff it will probably be their horrible host advantage netcode.
    Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 499
    If there are no other questions for this week, I'll submit the two that I have right now (about trying to get John Rockefeller as a commentator voice & implementation of GGPO). I need to submit these in the next few hours so if you have anymore questions, give them to me asap so I can probably get a response by next week.
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
    Er, chance of giving the grappler half circle grabs?
    STOMP!
    edited June 2013
    Er, chance of giving the grappler half circle grabs?

Next you'll want them to change the input of his level 3.
    I do want them to change the input of his Level 3. Fuck 720's.
    STOMP!
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    an 1800.
    He just needs Tomahoo. And I'll just ignore the rest of the cast.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

His level 3 is an 1800.

I still prefer HCBx2.
    STOMP!
    First post updated.
  • Ahmed Al- BaroodyAhmed Al- Baroody Joined: Posts: 2
    Lets talk about the new characters and get this forum moving!

just a curious question, whats your opinion on the New characters?

and your ranking from top to bottom on which one is the coolest, on you which character you want to play first? and why ?

meaning to say? which do you want the most or the first to appear in the game?

and who would you play?

and why?

• Araragi-kunAraragi-kun Joined: Posts: 349
    edited July 2013
    I think its more like:
    "We use additional funds to polish original 8 characters and this will make the game more balanced."

Also I don't think any GGPO will make huge difference if your ping >100. We are talking about 3 frames startups here.

Lets talk about the new characters and get this forum moving!

just a curious question, whats your opinion on the New characters?

and your ranking from top to bottom on which one is the coolest, on you which character you want to play first? and why ?

meaning to say? which do you want the most or the first to appear in the game?

and who would you play?

and why?

No real preference but the Arab character looks interesting and isn't an OTT racist caricature that Capcom would put out. Chiriakuta reminds me of the undead psycho dude from Last Blade, Shikyoh. Qadl brings the cheesecake but the design is still sound.
    I think its more like:
    "We use additional funds to polish original 8 characters and this will make the game more balanced."

Also I don't think any GGPO will make huge difference if your ping >100. We are talking about 3 frames startups here.

You've never played Skullgirls online, have you?
    STOMP!
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 762
    edited July 2013
    This game looks really interesting. I've been meaning to try the current version when get some spare change. The characters overall have a very simple look/theme and I think it works.
    That being said of the 4 characters you could vote for I like this Aja (how do you pronounce that?) the most. Of course this is just based on looks.
    The characters they plan to add if they reach 68K both look cool to me too.
    It's nice to meet you, too.
    Missing the point of GGPO/rollback netcode. It doesn't matter if you have 3/6/9 frames of startup/delay. What matters is that the delay is the same throughout the match. What we don't want is variable delay based netcode where the game slows down in the middle of a match.