The Boxing Thread.

Comments

• Songo[KthX]Songo[KthX] (*_*(O-('.'Q) Joined: Posts: 2,024
    I'm still the only dude in this thread who's dedicated any amount of
    NickRocks wrote: »
    Call me a hater but golovkin needs to shut the fuck up. Yeah your knockouts are cool and impressive but lets not trip. Going after smaller guys like floyd/canelo/cotto is weaksauce (and the only person i think he can beat in that group is cotto tbh, and maybe not even) and everyone knows youre just doing it for the payday. Also i didnt forget you were accused of removing stuffing from your gloves. Fight ward first

Ward doesn't want the fight right now, nobody else at his weight wants to fight. He wants to beat names and nobody is stepping up. How is it his fault?
    <Metric> songo is #1 3s player
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Floyd is, or should I say was, a superb technical boxer. Incredible body positioning, footwork, a great jab, punching precision. However he handpicked his opponents, rather than fighting the best competition when they were in their prime. He also abused the clinch (though he isn't the only boxer to do that) in a way not intended in the sport of boxing.

I think he is respected but people have a tough time ranking him as one of the all time greats because of those qualities. The best fought the best of their time. The general public also generally despise fighters who always go for points rather than finishing their opponents.

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    no mention of cotto being stripped of a title the same way floyd was?
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,735
    I'm still the only dude in this thread who's dedicated any amount of
    Call me a hater but golovkin needs to shut the fuck up. Yeah your knockouts are cool and impressive but lets not trip. Going after smaller guys like floyd/canelo/cotto is weaksauce (and the only person i think he can beat in that group is cotto tbh, and maybe not even) and everyone knows youre just doing it for the payday. Also i didnt forget you were accused of removing stuffing from your gloves. Fight ward first

Ward doesn't want the fight right now, nobody else at his weight wants to fight. He wants to beat names and nobody is stepping up. How is it his fault?

you dont really believe that do you
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys

You're right, he's just fighting for less money because he wants to wallow in boxing and never get a huge payday.

You're an idiot if you think he doesn't want a payday at this point and he's doing it any way possible.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    Ain't nobody trying to pay the WBO man.. Out of all the fucked up sanctioning bodies and shady stuff in boxing, the WBO is cream of the crop
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • MIRACLEARROWMIRACLEARROW Kendoka Joined: Posts: 2,016
    Man thats insane. Im just blown away. Hes supposed to make 30 million this fight. Whats 300k for glory? Especially if he wins.... But actually i get it. Even if he wins, then hes gonna fight triple G. He might fight triple G anyways who will have the title regardless.... Am i crazy in thinking this way?
    Check Out my Evil Ryu Combo/Mixup Video!!
    2012 Main: Evil Ryu and Ryu
    Retired: Guile - *Shades*, Makoto
    PSN - TojiSake
    edited November 2015

You're right, he's just fighting for less money because he wants to wallow in boxing and never get a huge payday.

You're an idiot if you think he doesn't want a payday at this point and he's doing it any way possible.

I mean you dont really think ward is ducking GGG? Ward has already said hed fight him lol and golovkins team turned down a fight offer
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    RockBogart wrote: »
    No one knows his finances. :coffee:

He's always been pretty stingy if you really think about it. Thats such a legit point lol
    PSN - TojiSake
    edited November 2015

I mean you dont really think ward is ducking GGG? Ward has already said hed fight him lol and golovkins team turned down a fight offer

No, GGG gave the offer when Ward came back. Ward's team said they wanted a warm up fight first. Ward's team is ultimately who signs. I'm sure Ward does want the fight and so does Golovkin, but they aren't signing the papers until their camps come to a deal with the promoter.

GGG's camp is not in power here. Ward's camp has more offers.

I am a huge Ward fan and I'm neutral on GGG.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,008 mod
    Because I'm gonna be on the road I can't guarantee I'll say this so:

3.jpg

The salt gonna be incredibly real if Canelo wins. Still mad he lost to Trout. Some random Las Cruces nigga? Only reason I'm scared for this fight.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,424
    I'm looking forward to Canelo Cotto this weekend, but having a hard time finding a bar around here that's showing it. Most sports bars apparently don't want to pony up for ppv.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Canelo Cotto this weekend, but having a hard time finding a bar around here that's showing it. Most sports bars apparently don't want to pony up for ppv.

Yea, it's alot more expensive to show boxing than it is ufc. Hooters usually has the fights though, I would check there
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    Im rooting for canelo but cotto was my boy. Not gonna lie i feel like a race traitor cheering canelo on but whatevs. I like both boxers so whoever wins ill be happy tbh
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    LMFAO i dont really care about my "puerto rican" heritage i hate the way most PRs act anyways.

I loved cotto before margarito ruined him.

Canelo is an exciting young boxer and ive enjoyed watching his career bloom
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Im cheering for Cotto all the way.
    PSN - TojiSake
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,008 mod
    To be fair, PRs from the island hate how newyoricans act. Aint nobody loving those coons.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My heart is with my Puerto Rican homies...but my brain is saying "Bet the house on the Mexican!"
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
    Yeah when they showed the cotto fans in the 24/7 episode i felt the heart throbs for cotto...but canelo is hella good too

This should be a good fight but i think canelo just reks
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    DoctaMario wrote: »

Yea, it's alot more expensive to show boxing than it is ufc. Hooters usually has the fights though, I would check there

Even Hooters here isn't showing it. :( I called about 15 places around Nashville and no one seems to be showing it, so I think a few buddies and I are gonna get some food and watch some classic matches online instead. Either way, a fight will be watched lol
    Pertho wrote: »
    To be fair, PRs from the island hate how newyoricans act. Aint nobody loving those coons.

I dated a from-the-island PR chick for a few years and the shit she and her folks used to say about the newyoricans was hilarious! xD
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
    Official purse numbers... Cotto 15M Canelo 5M with Canelo getting all the share of that Mexican ppv

Hbo making me fall for cotto again
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,350
    This is about an even matchup is there is. I'm hoping Cotto's jab proves to be too much.
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
    I am VERY EXCITED for this fight tommorrow. LETS GET HYPE FOR SOME LEGIT BOXING SUPERFIGHTS! FUCK YEAH!!!
    PSN - TojiSake
    edited November 2015
    Cotto's jab = key to victory if he wins. Canelo's key to victory is taunting Cotto into trading hooks in the pocket and moving cotto towards the ropes. Should be interesting to see if Cotto does some switching to Southpaw that he so often does due to his power hand being in his left. If Cotto gets baited into a brawl and stands and trades in the pocket he's going to lose even though he does hit VERY hard, Canelo gonna be walking around WAY heavier come fight night.
    PSN - TojiSake
  • StarvinMarvinStarvinMarvin Joined: Posts: 646
    the fight is very even. please pm me tomorrow, ok. luvu.
    Zero/Doom/Strider.. X-23/Vergil/RR
  • DarkGeneralDarkGeneral Joined: Posts: 4,424
    I got Canelo winning, my brain and eyes tells me he's too young and good for Cotto to outbox for 7+ rounds

...But there's something inside me that wants to see the experienced and savvy Cotto win. I got nothing but the utmost respect for Cotto.

Either way its going to be a hell of a fight.
    So my laptop got smashed will there be links for mobile
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    edited November 2015
    I got Saul, but wouldn't be shocked if Cotro pulled it off. Wow wtf
    Sooo any linx for mobile or nah? This starts soon right
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • Dj Hyper KidDj Hyper Kid The Nati Kid Joined: Posts: 5,500
    Sooo any linx for mobile or nah? This starts soon right

I added it to a group PM. Lemme add you right quick.
  • StarvinMarvinStarvinMarvin Joined: Posts: 646
    Cotto for me

DJ. Link please!
    Zero/Doom/Strider.. X-23/Vergil/RR
    @Dj Hyper Kid PM me that link? Or add me to the chat. Either one. Thanks man!
    Just posted a new one. Check your PMs
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,400
    What time is the main event starting?

11:00 pm Eastern?
    Undercard is starting now.
    None of the linx work on mobile and im still at work so someone upd8 as much as possible during the main event pls
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    @Dj Hyper Kid Saving the day! The bar I was at that said they were showing the fight turned out they weren't. You're a boss man, much appreciated!