The Boxing Thread.

Comments

• MIRACLEARROWMIRACLEARROW Kendoka Joined: Posts: 1,952
    edited March 22
    NickRocks wrote: »
    at first i felt like it was a robbery

but tbh jacobs gave away rounds being cocky and stupid, letting his hands down, trying to shoulder roll, doing dumb shit. shouldve been a draw tbh, it def wasnt a win for triple gay, but it wasnt a clear win for jacobs.

choclatito deserved to lose for not letting his fucking hands go

no way golovkin beats canelo

Golovkin will beat Canelo. Jacobs is way bigger in sature and people forget he didnt even come in close to the 10 pounds needed to make it a title fight which means he was probably fighting closer to light heavyweight than middleweight. He probably weighed 15 pounds more than GGG during the fight and triple G still knocked him down.
    Check Out my Evil Ryu Combo/Mixup Video!!
    2012 Main: Evil Ryu and Ryu
    Retired: Guile - *Shades*, Makoto
    PSN - TojiSake
  • NickRocksNickRocks We are coming Joined: Posts: 22,325
    when the time comes my paypal will be ready
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys

From I just read, sounds like Oscar is not interested in making that fight happen lol.
    http://www.badlefthook.com/2017/3/21/14998924/de-la-hoya-chances-for-canelo-ggg-decreased-after-golovkins-latest-performance
    PSN - TojiSake
    oscars a pussy
    King of the Post-09ers
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,407
    edited March 24
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,293
    edited March 24

but tbh jacobs gave away rounds being cocky and stupid, letting his hands down, trying to shoulder roll, doing dumb shit. shouldve been a draw tbh, it def wasnt a win for triple gay, but it wasnt a clear win for jacobs.

Golovkin will beat Canelo. Jacobs is way bigger in sature and people forget he didnt even come in close to the 10 pounds needed to make it a title fight which means he was probably fighting closer to light heavyweight than middleweight. He probably weighed 15 pounds more than GGG during the fight and triple G still knocked him down.

He made weight. The only belt that wasn't up was the IBF because they have a same day weigh-in rule if you want to fight for that belt. Jacobs just said fuck it and started rehydrating the night before as everyone has done for decades...
    Post edited by Biolink on
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
    Biolink wrote: »

He made weight. The only belt that wasn't up was the IBF because they have a same day weigh-in rule if you want to fight for that belt. Jacobs just said fuck it and started rehydrating the night before as everyone has done for decades...

All im saying is he had an entire day to eat, hydrate, and gain weight before the fight. Where as triple G had to come in at 169 the morning of the fight.

PSN - TojiSake
  • Galactica727Galactica727 Joined: Posts: 64
    “But for me, I really wanted to focus on this fight. And we had a game plan. We wanted to make sure we used our size and we had the best possible nutrition that we can. And waking up early, for me, was just a hard thing to do".

Above was jacobs's statement. Make of that what you will.
    the wbc belts the only one that really matters, lets not kid ourselves
    King of the Post-09ers
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,293
    edited March 29

All im saying is he had an entire day to eat, hydrate, and gain weight before the fight. Where as triple G had to come in at 169 the morning of the fight.

GGG was the IBF champ. Only GGG was obligated to make that same day weight. Jacobs chose not to fight for it, but his own belt and GGG's other belt was up still up for grabs. Of course Jacobs wanted an advantage, so does everybody. This isn't comparable to Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. missing the official weigh in on Friday, but the show still going on. Jacobs made the official weight, period. How much stock you want to put on the IBF title is up to yall.
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
    the wbc belts the only one that really matters, lets not kid ourselves

WBC is like boxing's WWE
    WBC is the most prestigious belt due to its history, but I don't like the looks of it. WBA one looks better.
    edited April 11
    Anyone watch the Lomanchenko fight this past weekend? Dude looks goooood. He's calling on Mikey Garcia. That would be an interesting fight. He also called on Terrence Crawford lol.
    But looks like he's moving up to fight Flanagen for 135 belt. If he win's him and Mikey at 135 superfight.
    PSN - TojiSake
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,279
    Boxer Adrien Broner was arrested early Thursday morning in Cincinnati on an open OVI warrant.

According to Jennifer Baker of Fox19 (h/t USA Today), Broner was pulled over in a vehicle that was riddled with approximately eight bullet holes. Broner was uninjured.

Broner told police that an unidentified suspect followed him from an area bar before firing several rounds at his rented Chevrolet Suburban.

The 27-year-old Cincinnati native was released from jail on $503 bond less than four hours after being booked.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2704773-adrien-broner-arrested-on-open-warrant-after-being-found-in-shot-up-suv
    cFqLRft.png
    King of the Post-09ers
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,287

From I just read, sounds like Oscar is not interested in making that fight happen lol.
    http://www.badlefthook.com/2017/3/21/14998924/de-la-hoya-chances-for-canelo-ggg-decreased-after-golovkins-latest-performance

Looooool at that shit. De La Hoya got more excuses than a mf headed to jail.

That bit about Canelo not respecting GGG att he beginning of the fight is lulz too. Canelo usually cruises for a couple rounds in just about every fight and if he did that against GGG, he'd be catching hands pretty quick.

On another note, I've been watching some more old school fights, and I really love the Norton/Ali matches. Norton wasn't an amazing boxer, but he had that awkward style that Ali just couldn't seem to figure out. He definitely had Ali's number.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,345
    So Klitschko got waxed, but he took Joshua to the limit all the way to the 12th. Still no Shannon Briggs sighting, though...
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
    Anthony Joshua/Klitchko was a damn good fight. Klitchko was surprisingly not boring to watch compared to his past fights, and he even dropped joshua, but Joshua was too strong in the later rounds and got the better of klitchko. Hopefully Anthony Joshua fights Luis Ortiz or Deontay Wilder next.
  • Sexperienced.Sexperienced. kdh Joined: Posts: 5,233
    edited May 1
    I predicted Wlad to win the day this fight was announced because he has far more experience than Joshua so I'm pleasantly surprised at the outcome because I knew that if Wlad won this would have been the end of Joshua's career. Wlad has no intention of staying around much longer even if he had won tonight. I believe he should have two more fights and then retire.
    DGod205 wrote: »
    Still no Shannon Briggs sighting, though...

He's on instagram 24/7 lol.

Post edited by Sexperienced. on
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,178
    Joshua vs Wilder should be interesting.

Dan Rafael is calling this fight the best heavyweight fight he has covered in his entire career.... pretty good endorsement.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
    Is dan rafael the same guy who thinks adrien broner is hilarious
    King of the Post-09ers
    damn....canelo just shitted on chavez jr

King of the Post-09ers
    Sooooo according to sources, Canelo/GGG is going down in September...
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,470
    Real Mexican style fight, big drama show
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    RockBogart wrote: »
    DoctaMario wrote: »

Sources, you mean ppl who watched the ppv when it was announced :rofl:

:sabu:

Great fight Canelo dominated. Hoolio Shevez is done
    King of the Post-09ers
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,279

I feel bad for people who payed money for that farce. Canelo fought a tomato can last night.
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Chavez SON OF A LEGEND, indeed....

Back to being the bust he always was.
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    Wilder will look e the belt soon?

I didn't see the fight I just heard that they finally got a date on the books. Still kind of skeptical as to whether or not it's actually going to happen but I guess we'll see

I didn't see the fight I just heard that they finally got a date on the books. Still kind of skeptical as to whether or not it's actually going to happen but I guess we'll see

Oh its already finalized and official. If you watched the fight you would see they already had this big promo and he came into the ring and everything. It's legit. On a side note, was it just me or did it look like Chavez got paid to lose. Either that or he was so absolutely weight deprived he forgot how to throw. But he was doing some WEIRD stuff. He's got canelo on the ropes and their heads are touching and he refuses to throw punches.

PSN - TojiSake
    did you miss the part where canelo was countering the fucc out of him? chavez was scared to throw.

this was canelo mayweather in reverse, and with the dmg setting higher
    King of the Post-09ers
    edited May 9

Oh its already finalized and official. If you watched the fight you would see they already had this big promo and he came into the ring and everything. It's legit. On a side note, was it just me or did it look like Chavez got paid to lose. Either that or he was so absolutely weight deprived he forgot how to throw. But he was doing some WEIRD stuff. He's got canelo on the ropes and their heads are touching and he refuses to throw punches.

Bruh, let me punch you in the face. How good is your kendo after eating a few punches?

Dawg, I've been a boxer and helped run a boxing club for like 5 times as long as I've done Kendo. Been punched in the face plenty lol. That is boxing at the highest level. He wasnt there to win, he was just there to survive. There shouldnt be anyone being 'scared' when you're fighting for the middleweight championship of the world. Comon bruh. How many other fights you seen where the guy throws less than 100 punches. Probably the worst performance I've ever watched in over 20 years of watching boxing.

Chavez landed 71 punches the whole fight..... which is pathetic. Ontop of that, half of those punches weren't thrown at full speed.
    PSN - TojiSake
    Maybe Chavez just took the fight for the payday?
    chavez only kind of wanted to fight for pride, but it never really meant that much to him while to canelo it meant everything.
    King of the Post-09ers
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,066
    The one time I pay for this shit, it ends up being TERRIBLE. Chavez was out of it. He was saying some questionable shit between rounds.

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,178
    Maybe Chavez just took the fight for the payday?

You know how much Fruity Pebbles he can buy with that payday??

So much potential squandered over some damn cereal smdh
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
    Either way, Canelo/GGG is happening so I'm happy.
    Either way, Canelo/GGG is happening so I'm happy.

Gotta rewatch GGG vs Jacobs now that I got a Canelo fight fresh in my head.

Early pick is GGG but I can see the Mexican redhead pulling it off.
    i wonder who the next boogeyman will be after canelo beats ggg
    King of the Post-09ers

Prolly Killa Kovalev again once he knocks out Ward.

You probably thought Andre Ward beat Kovalev too right?
    PSN - TojiSake

he did, and the rematch will be worse for kovalev
    King of the Post-09ers

he did, and the rematch will be worse for kovalev

Maybe so, but you're on some bullshit if you think Ward won the first fight. That was robbery.
    PSN - TojiSake
    So Mayweather Mcgregor half done. Lets see what happens.
    PSN - TojiSake
    Who honestly really cares about maywedder macgruber? Show of hands?
    King of the Post-09ers
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,449 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i do
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,383
    I'll care when Floyd comes out shuckin' and jivin' to "Living in America", Apollo Creed style.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10