The Boxing Thread.

1565758596062»

Comments

• MIRACLEARROWMIRACLEARROW Kendoka Joined: Posts: 1,937
    edited March 22
    NickRocks wrote: »
    at first i felt like it was a robbery

but tbh jacobs gave away rounds being cocky and stupid, letting his hands down, trying to shoulder roll, doing dumb shit. shouldve been a draw tbh, it def wasnt a win for triple gay, but it wasnt a clear win for jacobs.

choclatito deserved to lose for not letting his fucking hands go

no way golovkin beats canelo

Golovkin will beat Canelo. Jacobs is way bigger in sature and people forget he didnt even come in close to the 10 pounds needed to make it a title fight which means he was probably fighting closer to light heavyweight than middleweight. He probably weighed 15 pounds more than GGG during the fight and triple G still knocked him down.
    Check Out my Evil Ryu Combo/Mixup Video!!
    2012 Main: Evil Ryu and Ryu
    Retired: Guile - *Shades*, Makoto
    PSN - TojiSake
  • NickRocksNickRocks or whatever Joined: Posts: 22,186
    when the time comes my paypal will be ready
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys

From I just read, sounds like Oscar is not interested in making that fight happen lol.
    http://www.badlefthook.com/2017/3/21/14998924/de-la-hoya-chances-for-canelo-ggg-decreased-after-golovkins-latest-performance
    PSN - TojiSake
    oscars a pussy
    King of the Post-09ers
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,279
    edited March 24
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,291
    edited March 24

but tbh jacobs gave away rounds being cocky and stupid, letting his hands down, trying to shoulder roll, doing dumb shit. shouldve been a draw tbh, it def wasnt a win for triple gay, but it wasnt a clear win for jacobs.

Golovkin will beat Canelo. Jacobs is way bigger in sature and people forget he didnt even come in close to the 10 pounds needed to make it a title fight which means he was probably fighting closer to light heavyweight than middleweight. He probably weighed 15 pounds more than GGG during the fight and triple G still knocked him down.

He made weight. The only belt that wasn't up was the IBF because they have a same day weigh-in rule if you want to fight for that belt. Jacobs just said fuck it and started rehydrating the night before as everyone has done for decades...
    Post edited by Biolink on
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
    Biolink wrote: »

He made weight. The only belt that wasn't up was the IBF because they have a same day weigh-in rule if you want to fight for that belt. Jacobs just said fuck it and started rehydrating the night before as everyone has done for decades...

All im saying is he had an entire day to eat, hydrate, and gain weight before the fight. Where as triple G had to come in at 169 the morning of the fight.

PSN - TojiSake
  • Galactica727Galactica727 Joined: Posts: 63
    “But for me, I really wanted to focus on this fight. And we had a game plan. We wanted to make sure we used our size and we had the best possible nutrition that we can. And waking up early, for me, was just a hard thing to do".

Above was jacobs's statement. Make of that what you will.
    the wbc belts the only one that really matters, lets not kid ourselves
    King of the Post-09ers
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,291
    edited March 29

All im saying is he had an entire day to eat, hydrate, and gain weight before the fight. Where as triple G had to come in at 169 the morning of the fight.

GGG was the IBF champ. Only GGG was obligated to make that same day weight. Jacobs chose not to fight for it, but his own belt and GGG's other belt was up still up for grabs. Of course Jacobs wanted an advantage, so does everybody. This isn't comparable to Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. missing the official weigh in on Friday, but the show still going on. Jacobs made the official weight, period. How much stock you want to put on the IBF title is up to yall.
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,279
    the wbc belts the only one that really matters, lets not kid ourselves

WBC is like boxing's WWE
  • Galactica727Galactica727 Joined: Posts: 63
    WBC is the most prestigious belt due to its history, but I don't like the looks of it. WBA one looks better.
    edited April 11
    Anyone watch the Lomanchenko fight this past weekend? Dude looks goooood. He's calling on Mikey Garcia. That would be an interesting fight. He also called on Terrence Crawford lol.
    But looks like he's moving up to fight Flanagen for 135 belt. If he win's him and Mikey at 135 superfight.
    PSN - TojiSake
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,239
    Boxer Adrien Broner was arrested early Thursday morning in Cincinnati on an open OVI warrant.

According to Jennifer Baker of Fox19 (h/t USA Today), Broner was pulled over in a vehicle that was riddled with approximately eight bullet holes. Broner was uninjured.

Broner told police that an unidentified suspect followed him from an area bar before firing several rounds at his rented Chevrolet Suburban.

The 27-year-old Cincinnati native was released from jail on $503 bond less than four hours after being booked.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2704773-adrien-broner-arrested-on-open-warrant-after-being-found-in-shot-up-suv
    cFqLRft.png
    King of the Post-09ers
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,248

From I just read, sounds like Oscar is not interested in making that fight happen lol.
    http://www.badlefthook.com/2017/3/21/14998924/de-la-hoya-chances-for-canelo-ggg-decreased-after-golovkins-latest-performance

Looooool at that shit. De La Hoya got more excuses than a mf headed to jail.

That bit about Canelo not respecting GGG att he beginning of the fight is lulz too. Canelo usually cruises for a couple rounds in just about every fight and if he did that against GGG, he'd be catching hands pretty quick.

On another note, I've been watching some more old school fights, and I really love the Norton/Ali matches. Norton wasn't an amazing boxer, but he had that awkward style that Ali just couldn't seem to figure out. He definitely had Ali's number.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5