The Boxing Thread.

16061626466

Comments

  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,060
    edited July 2
    The Timothy Bradley sequel.

    Fuck you Bob Arum.
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,455
    Every time Tim Bradley attends a fight, there's always some BS decision.
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,072
    edited July 2
    Total punches connected

    bS4Ah3C.jpg

    Manny got robbed yeah. Today Castaño almost got robbed in France against Soro, judges fucking around with cards and changing the results due to pressure from managers and TV lol, boxing is a joke with these rigged judges.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    LMAO. That was actually a good fight.

    Yeah, Pac won that fight but am i the only one who sees right through this bullshit? Manny and crew wanted this loss so that in will draw rematch PPV money. I see it.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2
    Teddy mad as fuck lol.

    Horn would get destroyed by Mayweather not even a discussion.

    Please stop with the "xx will get destroyed by Mayweather". Mayweather's style of winning makes little to no coherence with the term "destroyed". "Destroyed" is used when it deals with actual force, which we know mayweather doesn't do. "lose" is the right word". He will just run through out the mother fuckin fight, and his dumb ass fans will pretend they know boxing.

    Mayweather and fans is like Lil Wayne + Fans going off about his record sales - as if it proves how "great" he is and how better he is than Chance because of the $$$, chart toppings, and album sales with out giving a damn about the actual art involved.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,650
    Hey, was that Sugar Shane's son in the beginning?

    Pacman out Horn over the WWE way...
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,067
    That was such a robbery, espn shill tried, but even bradley was like he lost

    Bullshit decision, dude not only got hit more, but he looking like elephant man
  • Legendary HoamaruLegendary Hoamaru Draxx them sclounst Joined: Posts: 2,950
    edited July 2
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    blahblah

    You're still ticking huh? Don't care about any of that nonsense. I didn't call out Mayweather, Horn did. He'd get fucked, low tier troll.
    P.O.P Hold it down ~ Donna Goudeau

    XBL: Legend Hoamaru
    NNID: LegendHoamaru
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    blahblah

    You're still ticking huh? Don't care about any of that nonsense. I didn't call out Mayweather, Horn did. He'd get fucked, low tier troll.

    I never said you called Mayweather out. I'm calling you out on your choice of words "destroyed". That is like saying Lil Wayne destroys Nas because Lil Wayne "destroys" him on the charts.
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,314
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Hey, was that Sugar Shane's son in the beginning?

    Pacman out Horn over the WWE way...

    Yeah Jr sucks. I'd beat his ass honestly.
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I had Pac 8-4. I can't imagine- how the one judge had it 117-111. Someone told me that BoxNation had it 115-112 Bradley and my Northern Irish homey had it similarly. so it might be a Commonwealth thing.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • SlurmzSlurmz I got John Blaze shit. Joined: Posts: 720
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    blahblah

    You're still ticking huh? Don't care about any of that nonsense. I didn't call out Mayweather, Horn did. He'd get fucked, low tier troll.

    I never said you called Mayweather out. I'm calling you out on your choice of words "destroyed". That is like saying Lil Wayne destroys Nas because Lil Wayne "destroys" him on the charts.

    Your analogies suck, NaS is way more relevant than Lil Wayne and would probably out sell him.
    "So what's the reason for the hating, niggas with dreads/Calling they self gods with white girls named Caitlin/And I'm cool with interracial dating, but I ain't about/To hear no fucking speeches cause I wanna have some bacon" - Phonte
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Slurmz wrote: »
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    blahblah

    You're still ticking huh? Don't care about any of that nonsense. I didn't call out Mayweather, Horn did. He'd get fucked, low tier troll.

    I never said you called Mayweather out. I'm calling you out on your choice of words "destroyed". That is like saying Lil Wayne destroys Nas because Lil Wayne "destroys" him on the charts.

    Your analogies suck, NaS is way more relevant than Lil Wayne and would probably out sell him.

    your comprehension sucks. you clearly missed the point of that
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,787
    Horn lost that fight.

    The real losers were the audience though. ESPN and Screamin' A Smith gave the fight the worst possible coverage and accusing the judges of hometown bias would have made more sense if two of them were not American.
  • Galactica727Galactica727 Joined: Posts: 66
    edited July 3
    Pacquiao is no longer the fearsome guy who KOs people 8/9 years ago. He is getting stale. I think it's about time he hang it up. He definitely showed his age in this fight. He was holding the WBO belt hostage, not wanting to unify and fight with thurman or errol spence. It's kind of a good thing that he lost. He also found jeff horn awkward to adapt to. If he had adapted earlier, it wouldn't be a close fight. Jeff horn was surprisingly good and a solid, durable fighter. He did good no matter how controversial the decision was. 117-111 was a clear incompetence from the judge who scored it.
  • SlurmzSlurmz I got John Blaze shit. Joined: Posts: 720
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    Slurmz wrote: »
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    blahblah

    You're still ticking huh? Don't care about any of that nonsense. I didn't call out Mayweather, Horn did. He'd get fucked, low tier troll.

    I never said you called Mayweather out. I'm calling you out on your choice of words "destroyed". That is like saying Lil Wayne destroys Nas because Lil Wayne "destroys" him on the charts.

    Your analogies suck, NaS is way more relevant than Lil Wayne and would probably out sell him.

    your comprehension sucks. you clearly missed the point of that

    I got your point, the analogy was shit.
    "So what's the reason for the hating, niggas with dreads/Calling they self gods with white girls named Caitlin/And I'm cool with interracial dating, but I ain't about/To hear no fucking speeches cause I wanna have some bacon" - Phonte
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,787
    Pacquiao is no longer the fearsome guy who KOs people 8/9 years ago. He is getting stale. I think it's about time he hang it up. He definitely showed his age in this fight. He was holding the WBO belt hostage, not wanting to unify and fight with thurman or errol spence. It's kind of a good thing that he lost. He also found jeff horn awkward to adapt to. If he had adapted earlier, it wouldn't be a close fight. Jeff horn was surprisingly good and a solid, durable fighter. He did good no matter how controversial the decision was. 117-111 was a clear incompetence from the judge who scored it.

    I'm Australian so I'm very familiar with Horn. He's a young, raw brawler. Hes not accurate at all. He's not refined at all. He's tough though with high cardio. His biggest asset is his youth right now.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    How the hell can you consider an opponent destroyed when at the end of the fight he appears to be unhurt at all.. "oh he got lower points" so?
    Cotto/Pacquiao is an example of "destroying someone, Ali/Foreman is an example of Destroying someone, Rousey/Nunes is an example of an opponent getting destroyed. Punching 2x and just running away throughout the rounds isn't destroying someone, it's just "beating" someone.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Cronopio wrote: »
    People who complain about defensive style in boxing are like the scrubs that complain about zoning in fighting games.

    Oh no. It's just us actual boxing fans recognize defensive boxing the way SRL and Ali showed it. We don't see LVL 99 DLH during his Fight with Trinidad - Style as defensive boxing - or boxing at all, as to what Mayweather fans see it as.
  • VGAddictVGAddict Joined: Posts: 97
    Crawford should fight Horn. It's an easy belt for him.
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 194
    It would be really funny if Mcgregor knocked Mayweather out. The only chance I give him is to start really strong first and second round (with intense pressure, be awkward, throw some haymakers, use your foot speed). Act like you don't understand the rules of boxing (play stupid, it is your first fight as a boxer)-push him around when it becomes a clinch type situation spin him and try to fall on top of him with your body weight. Now don't go full Ortiz and do a stupid headbutt but you get what I am saying. The moment Conor tries stand in front of him and "box", he's done.

    It will also be funny to see the UFC reaction if Floyd wins by knockout. .
  • VGAddictVGAddict Joined: Posts: 97
    Floyd Mayweather vs. Vasyl Lomachenko at 130. Who would win?
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It would be really funny if Mcgregor knocked Mayweather out. The only chance I give him is to start really strong first and second round (with intense pressure, be awkward, throw some haymakers, use your foot speed). Act like you don't understand the rules of boxing (play stupid, it is your first fight as a boxer)-push him around when it becomes a clinch type situation spin him and try to fall on top of him with your body weight. Now don't go full Ortiz and do a stupid headbutt but you get what I am saying. The moment Conor tries stand in front of him and "box", he's done.

    It will also be funny to see the UFC reaction if Floyd wins by knockout. .

    Floyd losing based on points to Mcgregor would be funnier. I bet his facial reaction would be "mother fucker..i paid for the control of this fight, i was really robbed".
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,787
    VGAddict wrote: »
    Crawford should fight Horn. It's an easy belt for him.

    Horn is in-line for a big Vegas fight now. Beating Pacquiao is going to be a curse as he's set the bar sky high. He has a lot to prove now where if he lost no one would have cared.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lol Bob Arum is such a piece of shit. Doesn't care how fucked his fighters get it as long as he gets paid.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,130
    Cronopio wrote: »
    People who complain about defensive style in boxing are like the scrubs that complain about zoning in fighting games.

    that's a bad analogy because boxing is ALL ABOUT hitting and not getting hit

    it's like someone complaining that they're using four buttons instead of two in Tekken
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

    Ray Kurzweil
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 194
    100 dollars boys, if you want to watch the Mayweather fight. 89 bucks for standard.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 11
    http://www.sportingnews.com/au/other-sports/news/horn-awarded-victory-over-pacman-after-re-score-boxing-manny-pacquiao-jeff-horn-battle-of-brisbane-wbo-welterweight/g3m315rzjhqi17gwm6zu1xt37

    Horn/Pac rescore.

    LOL at the Pac fanboys going all salty and the Australians all celebrating. It blows my mind how no one can smell this was all predetermined for a rematch or for the sake of buffing up a new "cash cow". I could just see pac, horn, and both camps sitting at a round table discussing ways to milk some good shit despite the free PPV.

    Now the Mayweather "fight" is $100 too; I guess it has to be that much to pay the IRS, USADA, and judges too. Mayweather fans don't smell or mind the massive rip off, it's science to them for some reason. They are like those japanese chicks in a porn flick who ends up liking getting raped. I hope to still get PM's to a stream of the fight regardless of what i said.

    G/Canelo is the real fight.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,787
    McGregor is fast and has power. I think it will be interesting to watch to see if maybe the fact he doesn't come from boxing troubles Mayweather. Whatever McGregor does he's not going to be as predictable as some of the guys Mayweather has faced.
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,314
    Mcgregor didn't look that good sparring that midtier pro Van Heerden, I got no doubt's he's gonna be stuck in the matrix against Mayweather. He's fast in a octagon, he has power with 4oz gloves. Nobody brings up what he'll do on defense. Too many unknown variables for anything, but a mayweather decision or possible TKO stoppage for me.
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,787
    Plenty of people get knocked out with boxing gloves so can we all stop pretending that McGregor can't do that.

    Anyone that has done training knows there are different gears when it comes to sparring. I'm not buying people that want to say no chance because of that.

    It's the fight game, one punch can be it and people can say it won't happen all they want because it hasn't and better people have tried but that was then and this is now. Google hot hand fallacy if you're not familiar with it. Curry can sink 10 tres in a row, doesn't mean 11 is good.
  • TrueSephirothTrueSephiroth Joined: Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "I'll fight in 8 ounce gloves, I'll fight in 4 ounce gloves, I'll fight in the Octagon." Man...seriously, gtfo with that nonsense, the only reason why it's being said is because the contract is now signed. Fight in the Octagon? Come on Mayweather, you're legitimate hands down in the boxing ring...but stating you'd take him on in the Octagon? Please man.

    Awesome Press Conference though, however in all honesty, I prefer the MMA Conference more, because they don't put up a bunch of people that I don't care about to be talking, and they allow the two fighters to talk to one another, while also giving questions to fans.

    Can't wait for this fight, and the Press Conferences are going to be enjoyable every step of the way because both of them talk so much trash. I'm letting it soak in.
    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." - Vince Lombardi

    Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting - Ryu
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,561
    boxing pressers are always dull ass affairs, everyones bored by the speeches usually. that was entertaining but retarded lol
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,650
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,805
    I think McGregor has like a 10% chance of winning. You can't seriously try to challenge an expert in a field you aren't in.

    However, I think Mayweather would have like a 2% chance to win in MMA. McGregor would basically need to get into a serious car accident or something and show up anyway to lose.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That press con was entertaining as hell. Floyd sounded like a face cutting WWE face style promos him: "hard work" fans:"dedication! While Mcgregor was the heel.
    Floyd Sr was able to cut better than Floyd though, he was like one of them crazy bums at the subway but at the same time can talk some mad shit.

    Sadly, this will be the only exciting thing about the fight.



  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think McGregor has like a 10% chance of winning. You can't seriously try to challenge an expert in a field you aren't in.

    However, I think Mayweather would have like a 2% chance to win in MMA. McGregor would basically need to get into a serious car accident or something and show up anyway to lose.

    I give him a 2%. This is in Floyd's land, in where he can fight the way DLH did against Trinidad and still win.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,857 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 12
    Lol@conor tryin to talk about Floyd's money... Come on son. I'm convinced he's either saving it for later or contractually can't talk about him beating women. Cause he came at him about it on instagram months ago.

    19956133_1949495575308896_190595596196709517_o_zpszltoablp.jpg
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,787
    I think McGregor has like a 10% chance of winning. You can't seriously try to challenge an expert in a field you aren't in.

    However, I think Mayweather would have like a 2% chance to win in MMA. McGregor would basically need to get into a serious car accident or something and show up anyway to lose.

    Mayweather couldn't win in MMA because defensive boxing doesn't work. His legs would get broken by leg kicks even if he didn't get taken down which would be unlikely. For all people go on about McGregor's wrestling he's fought good wrestlers and survived and he'd be able to submit someone like Mayweather. Mayweather could try knock him out with standup, that's his only chance and being the aggressor isn't Mayweather.

    Conor most likely won't win. I'll probably back him with a small amount only because it is the fight game and I've made big money backing underdogs to get a knockout before. He's most likely not winning though. I just find all the experts saying he's got zero hope to be laughable. I get boxing is their baby and they don't want an outsider stealing their thunder but a rangy, standup professional fighter in his prime is at least an outside chance for a knockout.

  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,060
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,787
    Conor told Mayweather "dance for me boy," and certain sections of the internet are losing their collective shit.
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,304
    Hold on. Do dudes even think Connor can beat Pacman?

    If you don't think Connor can beat Pacman as he is now, then why the hell do people think he can beat Mayweather?

    He's going to have to throw something like 700-800 punches to have a chance, and Connor does not have that kind of cardio to stand in the ring, on his feet, and throw that many damn punches.

    And if Connor is not going to be active, then he's going to lose, cause ain't no way in hell is he going to be counterpunching anything but air.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,805
    edited July 12
    I don't think Connor could beat any elite boxer in boxing.

    However, Connor is without question the overall better fighter than Mayweather, and I would assume most other boxers, by virtue of the fact that he is more well rounded, MMA will do that.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 194
    "
    Awesome Press Conference though, however in all honesty, I prefer the MMA Conference more, because they don't put up a bunch of people that I don't care about to be talking, and they allow the two fighters to talk to one another, while also giving questions to fans.

    Can't wait for this fight, and the Press Conferences are going to be enjoyable every step of the way because both of them talk so much trash. I'm letting it soak in.

    Boxing does do stupid shit like that, I went to Mayweather vs Cotto press conference in Harlem. I think it was someone from GoldenBoy that threaten the audience. They stopped the press conference for a bit and got on the mic and said we will never do another press conference in Harlem (Apollo) because people kept booing the HBO executives and every other random ass person that no one cares about. We only wanted to hear from the fighters. He wasn't bluffing either lol, their having one with Conor and Mayweather in Brooklyn.

  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,820
    Bwahahahahaha


    I don't think Connor could beat any elite boxer in boxing.

    However, Connor is without question the overall better fighter than Mayweather, and I would assume most other boxers, by virtue of the fact that he is more well rounded, MMA will do that.

    No idea what that has to do with boxing.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,857 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    Conor told Mayweather "dance for me boy," and certain sections of the internet are losing their collective shit.

    Yeah he said boy then man after real quick. Conor is used to calling everyone boy, I think this is his first black fighter in like 4 years lol. But it's hilarious anyone wanna jump on his neck about racist shit...Floyd still king of racist ass comments
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/