The Boxing Thread.

Comments

• CUTWESTCUTWEST There is no rivalry. =( Joined: Posts: 1,779
  • Dj Hyper KidDj Hyper Kid The Nati Kid Joined: Posts: 5,500
    thurst wrote: »
    At this point, it's pretty clear that Floyd fucked @Zatalcon 's mom and never called her back.

This is very obvious.... Man I can't believe Fury beat Wlad. I think Fury vs Wilder would be amazing assuming there isnt a rematch. I think if Wlad trained hard and took the fight serious and got some of his hunger back he could win.

I agree with this. I mean I would imagine it would be tough to keep that hunger while having the title as long as he has. But I believe there will be a rematch, and Wilder v Fury would be great. Though I'm still pulling for Anthony joshua as well.
  • Sexperienced.Sexperienced. kdh Joined: Posts: 5,281
    edited December 2015
    I've been posting on boxing forums for the past week, I almost forgot we had a boxing thread. I picked Fury to win and I did expect it to be that easy. Fury is the only decent large fighter Wlad's faced in over several years, and secondly when Wlad start to lose rounds or he cant figure an opponent out he stops throwing punches to avoid getting hit with counter shots. In the last 3 rounds he should've been less cautious and just tried to knock Fury out even if that meant getting KO'd in the process. He'll have to do this in the rematch because Fury will try to knock him out this time.
  • MIRACLEARROWMIRACLEARROW Kendoka Joined: Posts: 2,042
    I've been posting on boxing forums for the past week, I almost forgot we had a boxing thread. I picked Fury to win and I did expect it to be that easy. Fury is the only decent large fighter Wlad's faced in over several years, and secondly when Wlad start to lose rounds or he cant figure an opponent out he stops throwing punches to avoid getting hit with counter shots. In the last 3 rounds he should've been less cautious and just tried to knock Fury out even if that meant getting KO'd in the process. He'll have to do this in the rematch because Fury will try to knock him out this time.

I mean you're right, he probably could have thrown caution to the wind when he was down by that much. I think all boxers at some point if they really have the heart will usually do this when you're down by that much. That in mind, I think if they do fight again it will likely be a pretty different fight. Also Wlad doesnt really take those risks... He's just not that kind of fighter. And its been a long time but don't forget, this guy has the shakiest chin ever for a boxer of his calibur. Its surpising if you think about but not really when you realize his style and how hes usually so much bigger.

Anywho, we shall see what happens. Quote me again in 8 months lol
    Check Out my Evil Ryu Combo/Mixup Video!!
    2012 Main: Evil Ryu and Ryu
    Retired: Guile - *Shades*, Makoto
    PSN - TojiSake
    edited December 2015
    In other news it looks like the king of rematches himself Manny Pacroids night-night Buuchiao is going out with a 3rd fight with Timothy Bradley as his last opponent before he officially retires.
    http://www.philstar.com/sports/2015/12/04/1528955/report-pacquiao-picks-bradley-last-fight
    s5g50l.jpg 2ns06l3.jpg

Edit:

At least in good news is that Kell Brook and Amir Khan are finally talking for June bout.....says Eddie Hearn.
    http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10089015/amir-khan-and-kell-brook-likely-to-meet-in-may-or-june-says-eddie-hearn
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    CUTWEST wrote: »
    In other news it looks like the king of rematches himself Manny Pacroids night-night Buuchiao is going out with a 3rd fight with Timothy Bradley as his last opponent before he officially retires.
    http://www.philstar.com/sports/2015/12/04/1528955/report-pacquiao-picks-bradley-last-fight
    s5g50l.jpg 2ns06l3.jpg

Edit:

At least in good news is that Kell Brook and Amir Khan are finally talking for June bout.....says Eddie Hearn.
    http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10089015/amir-khan-and-kell-brook-likely-to-meet-in-may-or-june-says-eddie-hearn

At least that pac guy gives rematches so we can see who is actually better and at least we know Bradley will actually box instead of run the entire fight and inject shit in him with an entourage of roid/ped masters behind is ass, you celebrity fanboying piece of shit.
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,810
    I always thought it was funny floyd fans hate pac n vice versa

I always could enjoy both fighters' fights. Im down for manny-bradley 3.
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    NickRocks wrote: »
    I always thought it was funny floyd fans hate pac n vice versa

I always could enjoy both fighters' fights. Im down for manny-bradley 3.

I don't like Pac either but i do like him more than floyd because he actually contributes to the sport. I respect both their skills but they have annoying boxing of the millennial fans that don't know shit about boxing.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    In retrospect, it's easy to forget that Wlad is pushing 40 and was coming off a hamstring injury. Lost a smooth $100 on the fight, staying away from the rematch.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
    I rather see Manny test himself against fighters hes never fought before like Terence Crawford rather than cherry pick a guy he clearly already beat twice already but...you know. You couldn't of expected anything less from king of rematches himself tho right? Gotta play it safe LOL!
    image.png
    edited December 2015
    Meh its his last fight so whatever. Really aside from floyd who even has a track record comparable to manny in boxing right now? Canelo?
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • naznaz i stab n00bs Joined: Posts: 231
    Pac fought Marquez 4 times, and people in lower weight classes avoided Marquez more than the black plague. Morales did not even gave Marquez a shot and Barrera only fought Marquez on the latter part of his career.
    If Pac is a cherry picker, don't know what Floyd is.
    naz wrote: »
    Pac fought Marquez 4 times, and people in lower weight classes avoided Marquez more than the black plague. Morales did not even gave Marquez a shot and Barrera only fought Marquez on the latter part of his career.

Eric Morales and Barrera were never really natural welterweights. I took a look and it looks like he had one fight at welterweight very late in his career but for the most part the heaviest he got to was light welter. For someone that hit as hard as Marquez I don't think those fights really made sense for them lol. They were technically the same weight class or around it between being like light welter and featherweight champs for so long but I dont think they were dodging the fights I just don't actually think they were big enough to fight JMM lol. They just naturally werent that strong. They were both super light and super short and fought in like featherweight for a long ass time. I dunno maybe thats just me being biased due to being an asbolutely huge Morales fan. When I boxed I tried to emulate his style and I even had a weird "very straight" right hand when i threw it.

As far as pac bradly, I guess i get why you wouldnt be happy but Bradly is an extremely entertaining fighter. He has had some absolute wars and he's tough. I think it might be an interesting fight this time around but maybe thats just me being optimistic. I think he's been nominated the past 2 years for fight of the year and won in 2013 with that crazy match vs prodnikov. His only "losses" (I put that in quotations because he did lose twice lol) came to Pac. So I think the fight has a chance to be interesting.

What do you guys think?
    PSN - TojiSake
    Floyd fought fighters coming off big wins unlike pacroids who fought left over weight drained shot fighters of their former selves so don't know what the phonk you talkin bout LOL!
    s615hl.jpg
  • DarkGeneralDarkGeneral Joined: Posts: 4,454
    I can get behind a fight of Pacman vs Bradley (with Atlus). But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't deeply disappointed. I wanted to see him fight Crawford, One Time or Khan for his final fight.
  • naznaz i stab n00bs Joined: Posts: 231
    edited December 2015
    snip

What natural welterweights are you talking about? None of 'em are natural ww. All 4 Barrera, Marquez, Morales & Pacquiao should have been superfeatherweights at max.

Among all that picture collage of fighters, who are going to the boxing hall of fame cause of their boxing skills? And when did Mayweather even fought a fight coming in a losing betting odds or near even odds. We all know Corrales only got in mostly cause of Castillo vs Corrales 1. And Gatti is in cause of his heart. RIP to those 2. I can pick maybe 1, 2, 3 fighters. Btw, may I remind you, May lost to Castillo first time though the judges says otherwise and Mayweather fought Marquez, a natural superfeatherweight, at welterweight. And Mayweather coming in overweight.

And Pacquiao fought Barrera, Marquez, and Morales a total of 9 times. < And those 4 are surely going to the HoF

I also don't like Pacquiao fighting Bradley for the 3rd time since we all know he already beat him twice.

OK. I'm done. Bye
    edited December 2015
    Welp. At least you tried Kid Chocolate....Horrible stoppage btw.
    Floyd and manny have really dope resumes. Both are gonna be legends of the sport years from now
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    edited December 2015
    CUTWEST wrote: »
    Floyd fought fighters coming off big wins unlike pacroids who fought left over weight drained shot fighters of their former selves so don't know what the phonk you talkin bout LOL!
    s615hl.jpg

Nigga stfu. Floyd fuckin ran in all his big fights.. his style is only allowed in his fights and for you to make a big deal out of his matches when he clearly forced all control and got points for antics no one in boxing can ever get is retarded. It's only in Floyd's fights in where nothing happens, no one is getting hurt, and where you don't need to at least attempt much punches to win on points.

You are just a retard 21st century fan who uses youtube and thinks he knows boxing. Your logic is fucking ridiculous BTW, you are complaining about Manny's last fight opponent yet are all up on floyd's ass when he chose berto? GTFO
    Well at least Floyd is setting records during retirement. S/O to @Zatalcon lol.

I do like Floyd's contributions to the sport and how he handles himself in comparison to Manny. Manny is a deluded fuck when he speaks.
    Soooo. I take it none of yall watched yesterdays fights?
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 25,990
    I was tied up nearly all day and didn't get to watch shit. Haven't even checked any results... :bluu:
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    I was at the gym and then my fuccgirls house
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • Dj Hyper KidDj Hyper Kid The Nati Kid Joined: Posts: 5,500
    Date night with Mrs. Hyper Kid @CUTWEST . I should have posted em before I left though. That is my fault.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Eric Morales and Barrera were never really natural welterweights. I took a look and it looks like he had one fight at welterweight very late in his career but for the most part the heaviest he got to was light welter. For someone that hit as hard as Marquez I don't think those fights really made sense for them lol. They were technically the same weight class or around it between being like light welter and featherweight champs for so long but I dont think they were dodging the fights I just don't actually think they were big enough to fight JMM lol. They just naturally werent that strong. They were both super light and super short and fought in like featherweight for a long ass time. I dunno maybe thats just me being biased due to being an asbolutely huge Morales fan. When I boxed I tried to emulate his style and I even had a weird "very straight" right hand when i threw it.

JMM fought most of his career at featherweight. JMM only went up to welterweight (jumping 2 weightclasses to do so) at the end of his career to fight Mayweather and then Pacquiao. Before that he was definitely ducked by a lot of the big names.
    As far as pac bradly, I guess i get why you wouldnt be happy but Bradly is an extremely entertaining fighter. He has had some absolute wars and he's tough. I think it might be an interesting fight this time around but maybe thats just me being optimistic. I think he's been nominated the past 2 years for fight of the year and won in 2013 with that crazy match vs prodnikov. His only "losses" (I put that in quotations because he did lose twice lol) came to Pac. So I think the fight has a chance to be interesting.

What do you guys think?

I think Pac/Bradley 3 could be a good fight, but only because Pac is old. If Pac wants to go out fighting contenders, I don't really see why he's not doing so against dudes that he hasn't fought before (eg Kahn, Prodnikov, etc..).
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,826
    LMFAO WTF ROY JONES
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,414
    Someone needs to tell Roy to sit down.
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,732
    I just ordered some Winning 12 oz. velcro gloves for hitting the bag. I ordered from Winning-USA. I have a feeling they'll take forever to get here.
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    Winnings! Im jealous. Those are the japanese pillow gloves floyd made popular right? Hella exp too
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    They are definitely Japanese pillows! I'm not sure if Mayweather made them popular if at all. For me, they were always known and I came to know of them through Muay Thai albeit people would just buy Twins because they were good and some people could buy them really cheap. I hit the makiwara so it's not like I need them. B-baka!

Local gym is quoting me $250 first month and $150 for subsequent months. Sounds about right but it is an expensive hobby.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2015
    I've been watching some oldies and I have to say Ken Norton is the most unique heavyweight I've seen.

His rhythm and stance are so unorthodox that even Ali can't get a read on him. I've seen matches of Ali being pressured, but here he seems absolutely puzzled.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    I just always saw floyd using the winnings he was the first person i noticed using them
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,358
    edited December 2015
    I just ordered some Winning 12 oz. velcro gloves for hitting the bag. I ordered from Winning-USA. I have a feeling they'll take forever to get here.

Next time order from Rakuten brother man. Winning USA upcharges like a bitch and they don't even offer half as many colors. I think Winning-USA is pretty rigid with customization as well unless your name is Floyd Mayweather or you're another top level pro.

Rakuten offers free screenprinting IIRC and more customization options by far. All the gloves come from the same factory, but the Winning-USA rep is upcharging (Plus shipping IIRC) whereas Rakuten is what you'd pay in Japan for Winning gloves+shipping(You can ask Mitani to delcare the product as a gift to avoid extra taxes).

What he's got is what he's got as far glove Size and color combination goes, but if there is a color you want and not in your size you can custom order it.Obviously will take longer in the case of custom orders because it's just one dude and his wife running this operation and filling orders over the entire world(He has been on shaky standing with Winning in the past before because it is a greatu dishonouru to sell such a great product to foreigners at non rape prices).

http://global.rakuten.com/en/search/?sid=boxing&tl=402453

Custom
    http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/boxing/item/10001144/
    NickRocks wrote: »
    I just always saw floyd using the winnings he was the first person i noticed using them

It's mostly a lower weight kind of thing when it comes to actual fights. Japanese fighters pretty much exclusively use them. It's also popular with guys that have hand problems like Mayweather. Erik Morales used them as well and I think his reasoning was that he spent so much time hitting the bag and sparring with them he felt comfortable using it as his fight glove as well.

Post edited by Biolink on
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
    Rakuten didn't have the gloves I needed.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    Finally got my gloves

1451495817979_zps9hyphve4.gif
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    If it makes you feel better, I've been waiting for my Bogu for like 3 weeks. Shit is killing me LOL
    PSN - TojiSake