AGDQ 2018 is LIVE: $960,850 Raised

Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickeryJoined: Posts: 12,669 mod
edited January 12 in General Discussion
Speedrun general. Fine! It isn't the same event ok!!!

Get your merch (shirts, posters, coins, pins etc) for this year here *click the link*
http://www.theyetee.com/sgdq

AGDQ2014 Archived Runs
http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/1ui4dn/agdq_vods_thread/
http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/1ui4dn/agdq_vods_thread/cek0mmc
http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/1ui4dn/agdq_vods_thread/celhqnr
Post edited by Syke1 on
رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever

Comments

• Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,669 mod
    One of the highlights of AGDQ imo. Watching this live had me bewildered.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

• Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,018
    If I didn't have an outward facing cubicle I would watch most of it, but I'm going to have to hit the archives unfortunately. Some stuff I'll watch live for sure.
    gl hf dd ka.
  • sikwiditsikwidit Joined: Posts: 2,027
    I am not going to be able to stay awake for all of it but I will be watching a good deal of it.
    I am excited to see Yoshis Island, SM64 and Sunshine, donkey kong, any good current gen sonic, pretty much everything. Speedruns are just amazing to watch, the knowledge of the game mechanics that these people have is so amazing. Some of these games are so damn technical when speed ran, its crazy how some of the stuff comes down to 1 frame.

Seriously watching sonic colors or generations speedrun is pretty much bliss. Its like actually watching sonic play.
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,669 mod
    Trihex I think runs Yoshis Island every chance he gets lol

• Legendary HoamaruLegendary Hoamaru Draxx them sclounst Joined: Posts: 2,959
    Favorite speedrunner to watch right now is Kalemandu. He runs I wanna be the Boshy and has all of the WR at the moment (any%, 100%, rape mode).

I'll probably miss most of sda due to work though. I'll catch what I can.
    P.O.P Hold it down ~ Donna Goudeau

XBL: Legend Hoamaru
    NNID: LegendHoamaru
    Watching Boshy 40:03 speedrun now :tup:
    gl hf dd ka.
    SGDQ is live. Gonna watch right after I workout and get home. Pull some amazing shit again Cosmo plz.

I caught the end of RE:CV, the runner seemed really upset at the end. Felt kinda bad for him. Using an arcade stick was pretty sweet though :tup:

Amnesia run was really cool. Game has superduper broken boundaries. That was really cool to watch. I fell asleep somewhere in here so I missed the Hotline Miami run :sad: I'll catch it at some point

and I couldn't tell wtf was going on in that Catechuman seriously that game was weird
    gl hf dd ka.
  • MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They just reached $30,000! Good job for everyone donating.

I was sad I missed the Quest 64 run, but it was starting at midnight lol.
    I'll make sure to check out the Hotline Miami speed run. I just watched Scarface last night, so when I hear 'Tony' and 'Mass Murder' and 'Miami', you can imagine what I'm thinking.
    Yea it has been great so far and if you are not watching. Kill yourself!!!
    edited July 2013
    Yea FunkDoc is playing now, from SRK.

He's one of my favorites because he plays Castlevania.
    Good shit on that Batman and Vice play

Echo 2 looked insane yesterday, and now there is someone playing double dragon as both characters. Mind = blown
    Super dodgeball has that crazy oki.

Anybody know if Siglemic is gonna run SM64 120 Star this time?

• WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX V-ISM BOB SAGAT 30th Anniversary Joined: Posts: 18,102
    Yeah, Sunday night

http://marathon.speeddemosarchive.com/schedule

I might need to go back and watch that Crystalis, great game. Didn't know it was on the list.
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

edited July 2013
    LttP without Cyghfer is blasphemy. Doom 64 is up next though.

Not many hacknSlash games this year though. Probably have to wait till AGDQ

• JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,348
    Rpgs are always the worst part of these marathons.
    after 2 hours I no longer consider it a speed run.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • HotobuHotobu Simpsonized Joined: Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Joshkaz wrote: »
    Rpgs are always the worst part of these marathons.
    after 2 hours I no longer consider it a speed run.

I'd say that's about right. I tried watching an FF7 run just to see the mechanics of it, it was such a contrived method that it just wasn't fun to watch at all. I can't think of any game that'd be exceptionally long, yet still fun to watch. Mario is, of course, because of the type of game that it is, but that's about it, and it isn't even 2 hours.
  • SixMachineSixMachine Joined: Posts: 2,346
    edited July 2013
    SMRPG is the best rpg to watch speed running. I remember Cyghfer ran it at the last AGDQ and it was very interesting. The reason is because of the many platforming elements in the game, which allow for cool skips and tricks. Also the battle system also had active mechanics in it, so he could do stuff like reduce damage when he needed to or do well on special attacks. I remember he had to do a lot of specific super jumps during the run and he even did the 100 super jump.
  • HotobuHotobu Simpsonized Joined: Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    SixMachine wrote: »
    SMRPG is the best rpg to watch speed running. I remember Cyghfer ran it at the last AGDQ and it was very interesting. The reason is because of the many platforming elements in the game, which allow for cool skips and tricks. Also the battle system also had active mechanics in it, so he could do stuff like reduce damage when he needed to or do well on special attacks. I remember he had to do a lot of specific super jumps during the run and he even did the 100 super jump.

Wheeew, well if that's the "best" that's hardly a good selling point for RPGs in general. I couldn't stomach that one either.
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,552
    Am I watching a nigga speedrun Pokemon?

Nah I got better things to do with my time......
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
  • Combo_KnightCombo_Knight DashUppah, Muhfuqqah! Joined: Posts: 5,314
    edited July 2013
    WHENS MAJORA's MASK! ?

WHEN'S GORON GUY!?
    ---
    pokemon is actually sweet. super glitched out skips n stuff
    gl hf dd ka.
    Cosmo is doing Ocarina of Time Any% again. 20min estimate.

• WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX V-ISM BOB SAGAT 30th Anniversary Joined: Posts: 18,102
    Anybody watch that 2 hour GTA:Vice City

for your 2 hour + fun to watch gameplay?

Dark Souls 1:30:00 estimate on the list down there too
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,948 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I didn't know Ganon could be killed without the silver arrows.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • janoDXjanoDX Beautiful puppet Joined: Posts: 2,548
    #KillTheAnimals
    Playing lots of stuff right now.
    Follow me on Twitter!: iamnotjanodx
    PSN: JanoGX
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,713
    Wish people that played FGs did these donations for actual causes rather than their own enjoyment
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
    AGDQ was this weekend!?

• Combo_KnightCombo_Knight DashUppah, Muhfuqqah! Joined: Posts: 5,314
    Yeah all the way to the 11th
    ---
    edited January 2014
    OH YESSSS. Wasn't it usually 2nd and 3rd week of January tho?

Funny how the chat is full of swastikas and gay hate speech during Kirby Adventure.

edited January 2014
    Link for those who don't want to google it:
    http://gamesdonequick.com/

Save the animals T-Shirt!

Lol.

Buy awesome Tshirts, $3 goes to charity.
    http://theyetee.com/sda
    Really didn't like that Kirby runner lol. Hype for Cave Story (now) and Hotline Miami race (later)

Gonna get X-Strike shirt for sure
    gl hf dd ka.
    edited January 2014
    Definitely not getting the Tingle Tango!
    http://theyetee.com/sda/detail.php?itemid=AGDQ14tingletango
    edited January 2014
    OMG A Tasbot!

Lol! It was going off!
    yo0eNd1.png

tMLfEwc.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file