CvS2 to be released next week on PSN (No online and STILL with input lag)

geadomgeadom Reversal Counter HitJoined: Posts: 1,084
"He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best

Comments

• AiRiCAiRiC Joined: Posts: 479
    Input lag ... are we talking compared to the dc version or is there a separate lag just for ps3. Meaning Is it identical to ps2?
  • SesshaZLSesshaZL 春麗 豪鬼 Joined: Posts: 1,028
    mad lag on ps3 version, I think it has to do with the it emulating the ps2 hardware
    50/50 post Hyoukusen mixup is dirty!!
    Way more dangerous than outsiders perspective, "low forward super, yawn, I play better games" - WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • M3llow_BalrogM3llow_Balrog Cyberbots player Joined: Posts: 54
    thats disgusting
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    The input lag is noticable when JD'ing. I also can't link basic shit properly, unless I rely on muscle memory instead of reaction, which is... well, a really bad habit. I play K-Morrigan/Athena/Blanka mostly, but others as well. Felt like I was playing on a poorly maintained cabinet... T'was lame as fuck.

This is from the Japanese PSN version, which I'm going to assume is the same.
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    bro I love your profile pic, source?
    Way more dangerous than outsiders perspective, "low forward super, yawn, I play better games" - WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Damn input lag ah well if this helps them re-release CvS2 HD or CvS3 then I guess I'll buy
    SF5 Mains:Karin/Chun
    GGXrd Mains:May
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    Damn input lag ah well if this helps them re-release CvS2 HD or CvS3 then I guess I'll buy
    Word...
    Though I'd rather see a SvC2 than a CvS3, mostly because I like KoF13 more than anything that Capcom has put out in the last decade, regarding fighting games. Hyper Alpha? Hyper Anniversary? Capcom Fighting Jam? SF4? MvC3? SFxT? Fuck that... CvS2 was their last good game.

• geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,084
    Shitty Fighter 4 gets updated every year, with the most shitty engine / physics / models / everything, and CvS2, the game with THE best engine and mechanics EVER is treated like this...
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    I think this is as good as we'll ever get. Unless it's a HUGE hit on PSN which I doubt, we probably won't see an OE update any time soon.
    STOMP!
  • PointBreak91PointBreak91 Custom costumes for SFV please Cap Joined: Posts: 666
    -gets excited at frontpage news, then looks in here-

One word then... LOL!
    twitch.tv/nyc_vf
  • IglooBobIglooBob Bob the builder Joined: Posts: 4,036
    Isn't PS2/DC/Arcade all the same on input lag? It would only be PS3 that lags more.
    DC is better than ps2, but in regards to lag, it has to do with the ps3 emulating the ps2 hardware
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, DC runs "Closer to arcade" than PS2, but since that game is so... well... inconsistent, it's hard to define. The game speed and input lagged differently from cabinet to cabinet. It was so weird.

I mean, I didn't notice it... I'm going by what Ricky Ortiz said when he went from NYC to California and said the cabinets felt smoother there compared to NYC... and then some others on SRK said the same, where the game potentially felt different from cabinet to cabinet.

PS3 emulation has lag. It's very noticeable when trying to JD or do tight 1-2 frame links. Sakura's CC feels accurate, but then again, I don't go by timing on that one... I just go fucking ape shit and input a bunch of DPs...
  • NephinelNephinel Jill - Mistress of Wyverns Joined: Posts: 705
    All this will be doing is make me pull out my Dreamcast again and play CvS2 on that instead.
    This battle is about to explode. FIGHT!
    PSN: Nephinel
    NNID: Nephinel
  • araider08araider08 Use your head! Or I will... I need a new bowling ball. Joined: Posts: 1,035
    Was wondering where that thread went.
    MakSwag
    FYI guys, http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/169644/so-it-s-on-the-jp-psn-store/p1

Yes, there's lag, but it's still playable.
    Half-Ro wrote: »
    Yup, as stated before, I perceived input lag. I didn't have a way of measuring though but, my guess is 1 - 2 frames.
    HAV also said its very playable. If you have no other way of accessing the game, this may yet be worth the buy. Or you can just wait and see if it pops up in the US PSN store. If the latter actually happens, I will buy it in solidarity of our game.
    HAV wrote: »
    I have arcade access, PS2 and Dreamcast version.. and I bought PS3 port anyway. Fuck it.

And yeah.. I'm on record saying there's lag. There is. But unless you have a good history with the game, you won't notice. It doesn't matter. Buy it and play it.

• Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They'll gimp the american psn version just like they did the D&D collection of those two games as well. Japan of course got the much better version of that too because lol screw american japan always #1 dat pride issue japan has. And I'm sure you've noticed capcom does this shit a LOT.
    edited July 2013
    Gimp how? It's a port of the PS2 version... Nothing to "gimp" about...

Also, Capcom's likely not going to remake the game.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/may/03/sven-i-think-well-see-less-straight-ports-digital-space-future-update-cvs2-psn-and-more/?utm_source=feedly

As said there, though I don't now how relevant that is anymore.
    edited July 2013
    nt
  • b4k4b4k4 Potent Yomi. Joined: Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'll probably nab this just for the nostalgia.
    Low-Tier Street Fighter, Top-Tier Theory Fighter
    XD

hihihi: orbit should invest in an air conditioner for t6
    noodleman: yea, trade the horse game for an air conditioner.
    coveguy: yes, cuz ya know, so many ppl want to buy that horse game... -_-
  • Mr. WarzardMr. Warzard CvS2 Commissioner Gordon Joined: Posts: 779
    I

My sentiments exactly. I guess it's time to learn how to play a roll groove. Plus you never know, maybe they'll sort out the emulation issues on ps4 and we can actually play cvs2 on a HDTV without making compromises.

60% of CvS2 >> 100% of almost any other fighting game
    Holding a shovel over SF4's grave.
    CVS2: The Nine Ball of Fighting Games
    Apoc was right: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/556915/#Comment_556915
  • 2000_watts2000_watts My new stick boy Joined: Posts: 330
    I think i'll wait till PS4 comes out to download this then. lol.
    Do the pole jump
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,279
    CVS2 is great until the Roll Cancel bullshit comes into play. Get that stuff outta here.
    If you turn smoothing off... its playable
  • nesstor001nesstor001 luv(sic) Joined: Posts: 53
    Just got my hands on it: so far so good. Granted, this is my first time playing the game. I'll probably call some friends over and pull an all nighter. Not gonna lie guys, I'm pretty hype.
    cvs2: N Yama/Kyo/Cammy
    KOF XIII: EX Kyo/Takuma/Shen
    3S: Makoto
  • extravagantextravagant Joined: Posts: 964
    edited July 2013
    Don't even think about playing this game, the lag is fucking pathetically horrible. I put my original PS2 back in to compare results and the PS2 is way god damned better.

.... yes, the port to PS3 is straight up ASS.
  • benben king of wishful thinking Joined: Posts: 1,147
    I haven't logged into SRK in over a year and I'm posting now just to express my dissatisfaction with this port.

I thought I was just rusty, but I angrily hooked up my Dreamcast and was able to pull off simple stuff I couldn't do constantly on PS3.

I guess if I keep playing I can "re-learn" the game? Probably not in A-Groove though, 1-3 frames input lag in A kills all my timing.
    It's not a port... It's emulation, which is part of the reason it's so damn bad.
    That said, if you turn the graphic smoothing off, the lag isn't AS bad. I was able to JD a Tiger Uppercut, whereas with it on, I was getting smacked by fireballs.
  • YariX0083YariX0083 @RaasuX Joined: Posts: 139
    Remember it's Sony's decision not Capcom's.
    Thanks for the heads up on turning off smoothing.
    Yeah, it's enough to let me get back into the game... Because the Dreamcast / PS2 look HORRIBLE on my TV... absolutely HORRIBLE.
  • YariX0083YariX0083 @RaasuX Joined: Posts: 139
    I

My sentiments exactly. I guess it's time to learn how to play a roll groove. Plus you never know, maybe they'll sort out the emulation issues on ps4 and we can actually play cvs2 on a HDTV without making compromises.

60% of CvS2 >> 100% of almost any other fighting game

Except ST.
  • Mr. WarzardMr. Warzard CvS2 Commissioner Gordon Joined: Posts: 779
    Time for capcom to take my money again. Still, this is good news that you can improve the game's performance by turning off smoothing. This might be tournament-usable after all.

@2000_Watts good to see you're still alive!
    Holding a shovel over SF4's grave.
    CVS2: The Nine Ball of Fighting Games
    Apoc was right: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/556915/#Comment_556915
  • 2000_watts2000_watts My new stick boy Joined: Posts: 330
    Still alive and well but haven't touched this game in soo long. Hope I can make it to the next Gamecenter tourney. You'll know im there if I do a Facebook check-in. lol.
    Do the pole jump
    edited July 2013
    Just to be clear - the lag is still there and still apparent. It makes it better, yes, but by no means would I consider it tournament ready.
    It's an excellent way to bring the game to a tournament though without having to bring multiple consoles and have some casuals. It's also a great way for newcomers to get into it if they don't have access to playing the DC/PS2 versions.
  • Mangy_CatMangy_Cat Chop Suey! Joined: Posts: 591
    When will we see an European release on the PSN? Everything gets released late here as always.
    "Having big tits because you're fat is like having a fast car because it's falling off a cliff." - Showerthoughts
  • noontidenoontide Joined: Posts: 1,132
    I'm considering buying it to relive nostalgia. So to clear things up, with smoothing there is a 3 frame lag? And without smoothing, is it still noticeable? I'm assuming some links will be hard, but could I still pull off most moves consistently?
  • noontidenoontide Joined: Posts: 1,132
    Screw it, just bought it and dling now. It's a good game and easily worth $10.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Mai Seduction Joined: Posts: 2,784
    edited July 2013
    Thank you SirMixahLot and everyone else for the information provided in the thread...
    And, here I had hope for something a little more competent to the glory that is CVS2 for update. I'll... still try to take an approach towards it.
    *gulp*

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• ZukatokiZukatoki Joined: Posts: 123
    Mangy_Cat wrote: »
    When will we see an European release on the PSN? Everything gets released late here as always.
    Just buy it from US store, its not region locked. I still havent decided to buy or not, the "lag" doesnt really bother me, because it cant be worse than mahvel online, right?

• DeadNothinDeadNothin Joined: Posts: 6
    Just bought this game only to find out my Dual-Modded Fightstick doesnt work for this game.... why???????
    @DeadNothin - My stick had a hard time with it too... You have to be tricky as fuck to get it to work.
    My Cthulhu stick works like this...

Start the game up on pad with the stick disconnected.
    Plug the stick in, and it registers as player 2.
    hold the home key on the pad and make the pad P2 and the stick auto goes to P1. Then play.

It's wack as fuck, but I have a MadCatz too, so I can just use that. The home key on my Cthluhu doesn't work with it.
    I will try it when i get home.. thanks for the input :)
    Got home, tried and and FAIL.. i tried all types of scenarios and nothing... I have the PS360 Dual mod
    Ouch... that's all kinds of shit
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,267
    I have the original arcade for this...Since there is no online, no point in buying...
  • EsquilaxEsquilax The Legendary Rabbit Joined: Posts: 25
    My eightarc works on it

The input lags irks me, can't JD easily!
    XBL: Esquilax
    PSN: Devil0821
    Steam: Esquilax21

SFIV: Rose, Makoto and Dudley
    SFIII: Hugo, Q, Ibuki
    SFxT: Ibuki/Lili, Elena/Alisa, Christie/Ibuki
    Skullgirls: Ms.Fortune/Peacock, Peacock, Filia/Peacock
    KofXIII: Elizabeth, Clark, Yuri
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 1,207
    edited July 2013
    i still have the ps2 version, but never get to play it because i dont have a ps2 stick anymore, the input lagg is ruff even doing basic supers is kinda ruff on the ps3 version.. ill try turning the smoothing off next time......then maybe my habiki, maki athena can be a lil be less wack
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,551
    edited July 2013
    With smoothing off, I can link Kyo's cr.lk > cr.mp, Rock's cr.lk > cr.mk, all Geese's links, Ryu's cr.lk > cl.hp, Nakoruru's cr.lk > cr.mp and far mp, Mai's cl.lk > cr.mp, etc. etc. I think I can play with 1 frame input lag just fine but I think it'll fuck up roll cancel players (especially RC Mash attacks) and A Groove players. Granted, I've been grinding the game but I can't consistently RC or do Sakura ShouShou even on PS2/DC ports. Ironically, I can do A Groove combos just fine on Pad as opposed to stick but I still can't RC consistently if my life depended on it. Even more ironic, I find it easier to RC motion moves rather than charge moves so I don't know what's up.

Back to the PS3 version, I think it's alright but I think the more nitpicky players wouldn't want any lag whatsoever. But for the sake of convenience it's okay for casuals randomly at the byoc of some major. Certainly for a tournament you shouldn't be running this especially if international players come over.

Also, I can JD fine with smoothing off but I do notice that the timing is slightly different than lagless, but I can make the adjustment because the difference is negligible. With smoothing on, fuck trying to JD or even do anything at all. Can't even do normal 2-in-1s with smoothing on. Never play this game with smoothing on.