.Metal.

Comments

• HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,753
    edited August 2016
    So, Metallica released a new song

New album coming out in november.
    The song is fine i guess, not my cup of tea.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,754
    Yeah I heard it a couple of days ago, people are going apeshit for it but it sounds so generic and bland. Other bands would get passed over if they release a track like that but eh it's Metallica, they can fart on a drum kit and people will love it just see St Anger.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

Currently Playing: Nioh, Lost Odyssey, Yakuza 3, Rare Replay
    Speaking of that some people on the comment section are asking how will Lars play those drums live, while i am here wondering if they have ever heard actual complex and fast drumming :rofl:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,341
    The new Metallica sounds like new Slayer, AKA "Old men yelling (c)"
    edited August 2016
    Right, so I'm back from GWAR B Q.

The layout consisted of two different stages + a small pavillion where the smaller bands played. The Pavillion was no bigger than one you'd see at a regular neighborhood park, though obviously with all of the benches cleared out. Because of this, I was unable to absorb the full wrestling glory of Eat the Turnbuckle because I was caught in the back.

Pros
    +Both headliners (GWAR and Lamb of God) were amazing as they usually are. Lamb of God in particular was awesome because they played almost all of the songs that I have on my iPod of them so I was able to sing along accordingly. GWAR's theme was the presidency where they eviscerated Obama, Trump, and Hillary. Good times were had by all.
    +Phil Anselmo guest-starred as the vocalist of Eyehategod, and August Burns Red was a pleasant surprise as well.

Cons
    +The moment I walked into the venue I suffered an OP allergy attack. At first I thought I got suntan lotion in my eyes but as the day moved on and my eyes didn't stop hurting, it was getting so bad that I actually went to an EMT to get looked at. For 10 hours my eyes burned, made worse by all of the sweat, and my nose leaked like I was on the wrong end of an SF2 win portrait. Thanks to this I could barely even look at the stages longer than a few seconds without feeling some kind of ocular pain.
    +Dillinger Escape Plan's vocalist had his flight cancelled, so standing in his place was some dude who stuffed a microphone into his saxophone and started blowing.

The music was amazing but I can see why this water park is written off as "a white trash pool club." I probably won't go next year due to health concerns.
  • EvilSamuraiEvilSamurai Joined: Posts: 2,668
    Abbachio wrote: »
    A friend just turned me onto Oathbreaker, fantastic Black/Hardcore. It's refreshing to hear an extreme metal band where the female vocalist isn't just a gimmick.

still a gimmick where the riffs? Oh they have no riffs...

• thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 583

Slayer's Payback on ukulele.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)
    On the fence about MvCI: If I get the game Ultron/Strider might be sick. Space Stone + orbs ftw

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
    Speaking of that

Metal without distortion = Satanic Surf music

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,084
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,754
    Listened to Oathbreaker's latest release, very disappointing especially considering how strong of a start it has. Been going through Anaal Nathrakh's discography. They're a British based industrial blackened grindore band, christ that's a mouthful, early stuff is just standard black metal which isn't bad but it doesn't really stand out all that much but their later releases that incorporate more industrial and heavy metal influences are gold. I'll link their new album which doesn't officially release until the 28th.

{]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

Currently Playing: Nioh, Lost Odyssey, Yakuza 3, Rare Replay
    edited October 2016
    So Adagio (one of my favorite bands of all time) has started to release info about the new album (expected to be released by the end of this year.)
    Here are some previews of the work so far

For what i can listen it seems that the album could be more neoclassical than the last one which is fucking nice :rock_on: :rock:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

Another AWESOME album for this year, with a strong DEMILICH feel and Legeng of Zelda lyrics
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
    Zeta Nemesis by Stéphan Forté, feat. Marty Friedman, Album Enigma Opera Black (2014)

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

Even MORE awesome Death Metal (analog recorded as well!) for this year.

edited October 2016
    Self Abuse by Spheric Universe Experience, Album: The New Eve (2012) (Progressive Metal)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • GHOSTMACHINESGHOSTMACHINES Destroyer of Mouthbreathers Joined: Posts: 1,659
    Moth to the Flame actually sounds really awesome with the And Justice For All sound. I've always felt that Metallica needed to drop the over polished sound and go back to their roots a bit, since the gritty production I think fits their music best.

I play League of Legends. IGN: WellWHOOOOSThis
    My Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/stickyshooz

"Raiden is not, was not, and never will be a true nigga" -SWBeta
    Even with the production, both new Metallica songs are MEH at best
    Those new metallica songs make my metal hard on go limp with the quickness, granted, I have never been fan of them, but at least in the past they could make some quality songs.
    Their last albums have been nothing more than generic shit that if it wasn't because it has the Metallica name attached to it, it would have been ignored and rightfully.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,906
    geadom wrote: »
    Even with the production, both new Metallica songs are MEH at best

That's because Metallica is meh at best
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW

The stretch from RtL to ...AJFA was very good, though. S/T is a decent hard rock/heavy metal album as well. Could care less after that, even them being my gateway band to metal.

Even being easily the worst Vektor album and having a lot of moments that overstay their welcome, Vektor's Terminal Redux is another strong contender for AOTY as well.
    edited October 2016
    More Adagio's stuff

Recording the Violin

Writing and Orchestration
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Lost by Stream of Passion, Album: Darker Days (2011)

Lyrics
    Sweetest scent, blinding spell,
    Where you go I always follow.
    But I fell, I looked away,
    And at that very moment every sign fell apart.

Take me from this empty road
    And keep me by your side.
    If you read through these colourless words
    They will let you know, they will let you know I'm lost.

Not a sound, not a soul,
    I walk on with no direction.
    Every trace of my home
    Was gone at the very moment I lost my faith.

They will let you know, they will let you know I'm lost,
    I'm lost.

They will let you know, they will let you know I'm lost,
    I'm lost.

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Preview of Adagio's new upcoming album

Subrahmanya
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    And now we have Surf music with distortion

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,418
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
    Persefone will release a new album on feb 24

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • BBQBBQ ピンクゾーン Joined: Posts: 3,662
    Dig this song from a Spotify playlist that Enforcer recommended

• P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    any Maiden fans in here? I've been on a huge kick this past year. Everything from the early classics to the reunion stuff to Blaze to Dickinson solo albums.
  • BBQBBQ ピンクゾーン Joined: Posts: 3,662
    edited January 17
    I liked the killers album, that had the original singer?

This song had me head banging while driving through this shitty weather, almost caused an accident. That ending solo

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    I'm really liking a few of the new Metallica songs, particularly Spit Out the Bone. They make great driving songs and I like the mix of thrash and melodic going on with them. Hardwired and Atlas Rise are meh, though. This new album is definitely "salad bar" of taking what you want and leaving the rest.

Silent Descent is coming out with new stuff after a long hiatus. I have a few of their songs as Tekken Tunes and hopefully the new album will get some playtime when Tekken 7 drops.

Dead by April sounds so much heavier than before that they're almost an entirely different band. They sound more like early Sonic Syndicate than they do Dead by April, but I suppose its to be expected with the band getting up there in years and not the same emo post-teens they were when they first hit big.
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,336
    edited February 6
    If you like "technical" brutal death/grindcore then check out Cephalectomy. When I first listened to them it blew my mind how crazy their sound was, the mixture of styles, but it works. They called their style true northern mystigrind.

Their last album they made available for free. Later they split up, and made all their music available for free on their website. Some of their links were down, so their music was not easy to find.

http://technicaldeathmetal.org/tag/cephalectomy/

You can find their music for download in the above link. Share with your friends.

http://www.cephalectomy.com/press.html
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • SevansSevans Top Tier. Joined: Posts: 609
    Been feeling a little rebellious lately; anyone have some recommendations for metal with some fucking attitude? It can be a little angsty, as I find that attitude to be a little more genuine than say... what's posted above me (not that that's bad either.) Metal has raw fucking talent in spades now-a-days, but I feel like it's lost some of its spirit in the process.

First person to make an angsty Linkin Park joke sucks cocks.
    edited February 7
    Sonic Syndicate with their original lineup sounds more in line with what you're looking for. Just be warned: We Rule the Night marked the beginning of a steep decline for the band due to losing so much of their original lineup and thus their creative direction that led to their success in the first place. SERIOUSLY, STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM CONFESSIONS AS YOU CAN!

Listening to Only Inhuman right now and this is a solid suggestion so far; could stand to be a little angrier but I like it, so thanks.

Just for a little direction, I've been to listening to a lot of shit like this lately.

In honor of Black History month...

Sevans wrote: »
    Been feeling a little rebellious lately; anyone have some recommendations for metal with some fucking attitude? It can be a little angsty, as I find that attitude to be a little more genuine than say... what's posted above me (not that that's bad either.) Metal has raw fucking talent in spades now-a-days, but I feel like it's lost some of its spirit in the process.

Maybe Altar?

Psychoblue wrote: »
    In honor of Black History month...

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    edited February 10

Lyrics
    LYRICS

Standing
    Confused
    Tears in my eyes
    Void in my heart
    I don’t know who I am anymore
    This trance defies the realms of my mind
    My head collapsed by the magnitude of this feeling

Let you be, close your eyes
    and dare to see what always was…

I will, I want!

Don’t want to be what I am not anymore!
    Trust your being, let you feel connected with this life.
    Thousand voices, fear and anger,
    Fighting ego wants to keep this false I alive.

Confined by the walls I built
    Being consumed by this prison skin.
    Open your Eye
    Feel what you’re inside…

You’re not your face,
    You’re not the name you’ve been given
    Break these walls and see the Light,
    Transcend the senses,
    Be!!

There is more,
    That I can’t see
    That I can’t touch
    But I can feel, deep
    I will break free
    For this false reality
    I will!
    Leave the anger
    Open your heart
    Bloom outside this prison skin.
    Post edited by Hecatom on
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Sevans wrote: »

Maybe Altar?

This is pretty good; looking through some of their other releases, I like the older stuff a little better.
    edited February 13

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited February 13

Few bands can be relentlessly brutal and compositionally sophisticated at the same time, but these 10 acts have balanced both dynamics with sheer brilliance.
    The origins of technical death metal trace back to the 1980s when death metal was starting to emerge from Tampa, Fla. Up in Orlando, Death‘s Chuck Schuldiner was experimenting with highly mechanical musicianship and later became the godfather of both death metal and technical death metal. In western Florida, Athiest were concocting a similar formula which would also go on to inspired an entire generation of metal bands.

Tech-death made a huge resurgence at the turn of the millennium, with Muhammed Suiçmez arguably leading the charge with Necrophagist. It’s unbelievable that Muhammed was writing what became Onset of Putrefaction as far back as 1992, seeing as how innovative the album sounded when it was finally unleashed in 1999. Hell, it still sounds incredible to this day.

Another new-school hero of tech death is Obscura, finding massive success with Cosmogenesis in 2009. The German act helped refresh technical death metal once again, following up with the equally brilliant Omnivium in 2011.

http://loudwire.com/10-greatest-technical-death-metal-bands/
  • Fulci86Fulci86 Joined: Posts: 6
    I'm an old school metal head. Lately I've been jamming alot of Venom, first few Morbid Angel albums, Kreator, Overkill, Razor, Mayhem, Autopsy, and Hammer.
    When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth
    Because you demanded it, Lady Gaga and her band Metallica!

geadom wrote: »

Great album! Dark Descent has so many great released. They're probably my favorite label right now, along with Hells Headbangers.
    *releases, not released
  • The MartianThe Martian Tatsu Spam Supreme™ Joined: Posts: 12,148

These guys are really talented, I'm jamming to their shit ever since I found out about them a few days ago. Very creative and impactful music video for an equally impactful song. :tup:
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    edited February 18
    New Obituary song kicks ass

Death metal legends OBITUARY have unveiled “No,” a new track recorded exclusively for the Decibel Flexi Series. 2017 will mark the first year in Decibel history that each band on the tour has recorded a song for the series. You can hear “No” digitally at the link below.

If you like punk/thrash ala Municipal Waste or SOD then you may like this

• PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,418
    New Immolation is good, as expected.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.