.Metal.

Comments

• HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,624
    edited February 24
    Got my digital copy of Persefone's Aathma.
    The album is fucking great so far; and the song with Paul Masvidal as great as i expected.

Persefone - Living Waves (Ft. Paul Masvidal), Album: Aathma (2017) (Symphonic Progressive Death Metal)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • SevansSevans Top Tier. Joined: Posts: 600
    Sanctuary just released a remixed and remastered version of a bunch of old 80's tracks. Most of this shit is from Refuge Denied, so I don't know where the YouTuber is getting off saying it's "lost recordings," but it's still pretty cool.

• AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,274
    So Cadaveria did a cover of Christian Woman by Type o Negative, I think it sounds pretty good!

I remembered I had heard another Christian Woman cover by Lilith Astaroth years ago, it was also good

Here's the original for comparison

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    https://getmetal.club/112588-massacra-collection-1990-1992-remastered-2014.html

Massacra, one of France's best thrash bands from the 90s have remastered their albums. You can download them at the link above, share the links. Check them out if you haven't:

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    edited April 15

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,745
    I listened to Leprous a while back, really like them, been meaning to check out more of their stuff. I'm pretty sure Ihsahn from Emperor and self titled band, Ihsahn, helped produce some of their stuff.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

Currently Playing: Nioh, Lost Odyssey, Yakuza 3, Rare Replay
    edited April 21
    Yup, that is right, in fact during a while (2009 to 2014 i think) Leprous was also Ihsahn's backing band for when he played live. Also, Einar Solberg, Leprous vocalist is Ihsahn's brother in law. He also sings most of the clean vocals on Ihsahn's albums.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Ihsahn is one of my fave people in metal so anything that his stamp of approval I need to get into.

Been jamming to this filthy bullshit recently

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

• P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    been listening to a lot of Savatage and WASP lately. With the exception of Helldorado, WASP's post-Electric Circus output is pretty damn great.
    My gf loves WASP, I've only heard the album with Wild Child on it but I really like them even though I'm not big on that style of metal.

Classic Power Metal band Lbyrinth released a new album

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited April 26
    DragonForce sneak peek to their new album that comes out in may.

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

Tech-death super formation, Exist, will release their monster album, So True, So Bound, via Prosthetic Records on June 9th. The album is made up of Max Phelps (Death To All, Cynic), Alex Weber (Jeff Loomis), Hannes Grossman (Necrophagist, Obscura), and Mathew Rossa. So you know that you're getting some top notch shred!

toxic holocaust interview

edited April 29

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 909
    edited May 4
    Saw Sabaton with BattleBeast and Leaves Eye's last night in Minneapolis. Insanely fun show. At one point they gave the audience a choice between two songs and the audience made them play Swedish Pagans instead of what they suggested. Sabaton has no business opening for anyone, they're impossible to follow up. If you haven't seen them you definetly should at some point.
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
    DragonForce's new album is out.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 450
    Drum cover
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,778
    Since this thread is a bit dead

For when your obscure Belgium shoegazing crust punk band finds a literal banshee to be the vocalist.
    edited June 14
    Ihsahn to record a new album soon; this is always good news.

blabbermouth.net/news/ihsahn-to-begin-recording-new-album-next-week/

And a possible collaboration between Mikael Akerfeldt and Devin Townsend where the vocals are the primary focus? Interesting.

blabbermouth.net/news/opeths-mikael-akerfeldt-says-his-proposed-project-with-devin-townsend-will-focus-on-lead-vocals/
    @Sevans
    Leprous released a new song today

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »
    @Sevans

That was pretty solid, thanks for sharing. Loving the drum work there.
    edited June 18
    Sevans wrote: »
    @Sevans

That was pretty solid, thanks for sharing. Loving the drum work there.

Baard is probably one of the most solid drummers right now. The way he plays is simply amazing.

Post edited by Hecatom on
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    That boy is gonna be winning 'Drummer of the Year' awards in a few years time.
    Sevans wrote: »
    That boy is gonna be winning 'Drummer of the Year' awards in a few years time.

Some people were already calling him the best drummer of Norway before he joined Leprous, when he was 17yo.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited June 25
    raw black/thrash band from Colombia

15:10 NOWHERE TO RUN \m/

https://getmetal.club/124349-hellbreaker-thy-serpents-coven-2017.html

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Gonna see thrash cult legends Morbid Saint and Hellwitch on Sunday. That's gonna be interesting.

edited July 7
    So, Morbid Saint sound pretty good live. Pity the original vocalist is not with them anymore, he's voice just seals the package.

You can DL both remastered albums in the re-issue pack:
    http://oldtendencies.blogspot.com/2017/05/morbid-saint-estados-unidos-discografia.html

Post edited by AriesWarlock on
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This past weekend saw Maiden/Ghost/Kamelot/Exodus. Good shit. Kamelot was wack as hell though...like a symphonic Creed.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,778
    Listening to BTBAM at the moment. Waiting on new The Contortionist and Kardashev.
    Been in a symphonic black metal mood recently and can't stop listening to these dirty cunts

Probably gonna go through Cradle of Filth's pre Midian stuff after I'm able to put these albums down

If you speak Spanish, I didn't know about "huevos con aceite" twisted sister joke

https://www.facebook.com/cholorockoficial/videos/1588462501204870/

kim kardashian wearing a morbid angel shirt

IMG_9018.png?resize=562%2C1000
    Listening to Cradle of Filth again first 4 studio releases are really good I don't think I'll ever dislike those, skipped ahead a few releases to Thornography I went through stages of laughing at the album to being really mad, that album fucking stinks.

I used to listen to them until Midian. After that I didn't like the stuff that came after.
    edited July 14
    Her Ghost... is the only decent track on Midian imo, Bitter Suites to Succubi is a decent EP, Damnation and a Day and Nymphetamine are ok but the next lot of albums are arse from what I remember. Their last album Hammer of the Witches was really good though, I thought, more akin to Cruelty and the Beast.

I just wish they'd take their time with albums instead of shitting something out every time Dani comes up with some "clever" wordplay.
    Post edited by Abbachio on

• NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,804
    edited July 14
    I'm a former huge cradle of filth fan, and I'm really liking their new song. Everything after midian/bitter suites had my scratching my head.

Abbachio wrote: »
    Her Ghost... is the only decent track on Midian imo, Bitter Sweets to the Succubi is a decent EP, Damnation and a Day and Nymphetamine are ok but the next lot of albums are arse from what I remember. Their last album Hammer of the Witches was really good though, I thought, more akin to Cruelty and the Beast.

I just wish they'd take their time with albums instead of shitting something out every time Dani comes up with some "clever" wordplay.

As someone who listened to the band for a very very long time. I can say that most of the problems with the bands writing came from Paul Allender. He's kinda ass at writing. Every song had that generic, simplistic guitar-shop metal riff in it and I would just cringe every time it popped up. A lot of the Paulisms that I dislike are in his band the white empress

In their post-Allender days, it just doesn't happen. the songs are mostly way way better
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    Yeah I used to absolutely love Cradle, they were my gate way to Black Metal along with Dimmu Borgir when I was about 14/15. Their new track is all right, it's not great but I'm not rolling my eyes at it.

I think its nice and melodic and has good progression like old cof.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    from Midian my favorite song is Lord Abortion, one of their "heaviest" songs, I really like the riffs. It was my gateway back to more extreme metal back then. And the lyrics are awesome once you start reading into them:
    He was born from a botched abortion that his mother had tried to have to rid herself of him. “Debris cast from the stars and Mother”…. debris from fate and his mother. He is a waste material from his mother that she didn’t want…but it was fated to be that way…and he knows it.
    The guy was fucking her mother in the ass and i guess blood came from it and the fetus, so the abortion was not normal as you can see, and then he began to grew

Thus you have the “dub me lord abortion, the living dead”, give me a name lord abortion, he is like dead but living, the abortion was supposed to kill him

He grew up on the women that his father beat up black and blue… He grew up screwing women that eased puberty through for him…when he was a teen and wanting sex all of the time…when his penis would stand at attention for absolutely no reason…other than the fact that his body wanted sex…they were there to satisfy him… And they became keepsakes (with sentimental value) to him in his memory…but other than that, they were nothing to him.

“Nostalgia grows…” he is remembering what has taken place in his past, and now sex is old news to him…he is having problems with erections…He has to “dig deep to come” or cum…he has to do odd things to women to have an interest in them. To be able to have an orgasm he has to do things other than just have sex. Sex is no longer the same for him, he needs to experience more things in order to cum.

He knows that he has to do “odd” things to women…and thinks maybe he could be gentler with them…but he likes hurting them…even should they have to die to get him off…to make him cum.

He is counting how old he is…and he is counting his years by the women that he has been with…and is remembering all the “toys” that he used on them. And knows that he is unable to love a woman because he cannot respect them. They are “sluts” to him.

“dub me lord abortion”…his own mother didn’t want him…this started the first chapter of his life…and he feels that his life has followed suit…He feels that he shouldn’t be alive, that he should be dead. It was a chop job abortion that was attempted on his mother…in the backseat of a car…and the abortion didn't work. He is remembering this while receiving a blowjob. (Oral sex). He fucks her hard enough to draw blood, tries to fuck her hard enough to reach her throat…and he wants her to choke on his cum… The joke of death isn’t funny anymore…it has worn thin through many uses…to many deaths…. He is a joke that wears breath, he is alive but he is mad with faith because he is like a joke.

Diorama - A picture (or series of pictures) representing a continuous scene, killing women in order is his diorama.

Ok…so he is after twelve women, one representing each horoscope or zodiac sign…this is his mental drama played out for real. He has another woman now. Chained. He means to hurt her. He will hurt her inside and out. This is his way at getting back at fate for the joke of letting him live. Fate…horoscopes…. you see? He is wearing a mask… so that she may not see him. He is hard and is cumming while killing her…Her cards are all coming up death…she is dying.

Vermillion - Of a vivid red to reddish-orange color

Her bleeding starts in her vagina or anus…I don’t know.

He is falling apart in his head and he knows it. Watch your back he says…or he may kill you too. He is just a little sane, he is becoming insane and he knows it, that is if he is not already insane.

He is prying hell apart and earning a quick way in…He is cutting the women..

He kills in an informal way…or maybe semi formal…

He thinks that he is still in the hands of God and that by killing he can earn his way into hell…he doesn’t want to be in the “hands of a dirty god”

He says faith leads the truth astray…life went in a bad way for him.

He falls in love finally with victim number thirteen…. She knocks him head, maybe she knew he kills women and tried to kill him in order to be alive but he is too strong and knocks her, then he falls in love with her. And right when he was going to kill her, she proves her worth again to him with a blowjob…And oddly enough…he just uses a lot of pretty words in this stanza…he loves her, but is still going to kill her…

He strangles his love I think…she has hid nothing from him though…and he knows that he is insane. Then he kills himself…but bites his tongue in the end…lest the angels here him curse…He dies of blood loss…while the angels stare and stare and stare at him.

He leaves one question to the listener…did he go to heaven or hell…were the angels staring at him and waiting to take him to heaven or kick him on into hell?
    Also the last part can say that he sees past romances are dead, gone and he cries when he sees them, but they show no emotion whatsoever.

Jeffrey dahmer was a cannibal
    Debris...is ....The remains of something that has been destroyed or broken up
    keepsake - Something of sentimental value
    dub - Give a nickname to,
    chop job - an attempt to do something that failed.
    Chained or tied up. Fastened down so that she cannot move. Held against her will. He IS going to hurt her. He will use things like knives and other sharp objects to cut her inside her vagina and on her breasts....and other portions of her anatomy...
    He is getting back at fate for letting him live at all...
    He is getting back at fate by killing the zodiac a piece at a time through symbolism...the twelve women...
    He is afraid he WON'T go to hell and is making sure that he will get there...he doesn't want to take a chance at being put into the hands of a God that would let him be a botched abortion...and that would let him live with the stigma of that.
    I think that the last album that i listened was Nymphetamine.
    Checking metallum it seems that there is a lot of catch to do, plus that they have scheduled a new album for september this yar.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,298
    edited July 14
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
    edited July 14
    I think that the last album that i listened was Nymphetamine.
    Checking metallum it seems that there is a lot of catch to do, plus that they have scheduled a new album for september this yar.

Their new album has leaked so if you know where to look you can grab it now, if you do go through their stuff I honestly advise skipping Thornography. I can't speak for the quality of the other albums until Hammer of the Witches as I've not listened to them properly so I'm going off memory but I remember them not being very good.
    from Midian my favorite song is Lord Abortion, one of their "heaviest" songs, I really like the riffs. It was my gateway back to more extreme metal back then. And the lyrics are awesome once you start reading into them

Oh yeah I actually forgot about Lord Abortion, really fun song.

edited July 15
    Most of Cof's albums are good if you consider midian/bitter suites (album + ep might as well be considered its own era) and everything before them.

Damnation and a day - a few good riffs, but the album ultimately sucks.

Nymphetamine - a few decent songs but nothing special. This album kinda feels like an album specifically written for hot topic chicks who love dani.

Thornography - absolutely trash. the lowest the band has ever been. Under a Huntress moon is the only real cof song on this album.

At this point i sort of lost hope for the band, godspeed and darkly darkly venus aversa are way better than thornography but ultimately forgettable. Manticore just seems like a pointless album to me. nothing stood out but nothing offended me.

Hammer of the witches is a good album. Cof finally doesn't suck again

Heartbreak and Seance, while only being one song has me very very excited for this next album. It sounds like old cof but not just retreading
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • KashiyukasthighsKashiyukasthighs Joined: Posts: 992
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    been listening to metal for about seven months now. 95% of it has been 80s thrash (eg. big 4, exodus, testament, etc.) which i found most agreeable when i started. saw metallica in a stadium show on sunday night and had a good time. haven't dabbled much in more extreme genres but some of dimmu borgir's songs have sounded somewhat interesting/palatable. i might end up not going any further beyond older thrash stuff but i'm open to more experimentation.

btw are accuradio's metal channels a good representation of quality metal? that's mostly where i've gotten exposure from. maybe accuradio is secretly hated by longtime metal fans or something.
    This message will self-destruct.