.Metal.

Comments

• HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,805
    This one is for George since he said that he wanted to hear some Cradle of Filth

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • fizzywoemacfizzywoemac Team Pwendines Joined: Posts: 403
    edited August 2013

One of da bes most consistently mind blowing songs you will ever hear (btw if you cant tell i like pink metal album covers). And yes, Boris do harsh noise just the way i like it, soul meltingly.

Edit: No love for opeth yet?? smh
    Counterpicking Sagat with Honda since forever
  • geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,083
    its THRASH, first of all.

Second not all thrash sound the same, lol.

Listen to Coroner, Anacrusis, Voivod, Kreator, Obliveon, Pantera, Toxik and Sepultura, and tell me how they sound alike, genius.
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,710
    Old 'Tallica were considered Thrash weren't they?

Anyways have some black stuff.

{]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

Currently Playing: Nioh, Lost Odyssey, Yakuza 3, Rare Replay
    edited August 2013
    Damn you geadom, now i have Bewitched stuck on my head :rofl: :shake:

Edit

Since you seem to like them, at least do you have heard their more recent material?
    Post edited by Hecatom on
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • ShervinShervin 09'er Joined: Posts: 1,994
    I know very little about metal, pretty new to the genre, but have you guys heard of the band Oh, Sleeper? My friend sent me this album and man I really like it.

"The only easy day was yesterday."

__

I've been told I'm entertaining in Battlefield and my roommate and I often get in fist fights over Nba 2k, watch here:
    edited August 2013
    Akercocke - Axiom (Progressive Black Metal)

Shervin wrote: »
    I know very little about metal, pretty new to the genre, but have you guys heard of the band Oh, Sleeper? My friend sent me this album and man I really like it.

Welcome :tup:, i have to say that i never heard of them, but they sound good imo
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • GHOSTMACHINESGHOSTMACHINES Destroyer of Mouthbreathers Joined: Posts: 1,659
    edited August 2013
    I want Bruce Dickinson to make another solo album already (last one was in like 2006). His solo shit is pretty good.
    I play League of Legends. IGN: WellWHOOOOSThis
    My Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/stickyshooz

"Raiden is not, was not, and never will be a true nigga" -SWBeta
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    I started listening to some old power metal stuff... like Stratovarius. Shaft Agent will be so proud of me :D
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,108
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    edited August 2013
    Emphatica

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Classic Metal you say?

Bass is sooooo fucking FAPTASTIC
    SWBeta wrote: »
    I started listening to some old power metal stuff... like Stratovarius. Shaft Agent will be so proud of me :D

Dont forget some Angra (Angels Cry), Nightwish (Oceanborn) and Symphony X (V: The new mythology Suite)!
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Damn you geadom, now i have Bewitched stuck on my head :rofl: :shake:

Since you seem to like them, at least do you have heard their more recent material?

Nope, im an (elitist fuck) old schooler when it comes to most of my metal, so i suggest you going with Nightfall and Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, their higher points (and the albums i´ve somehow heard from them).

"He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
    edited August 2013
    Already heard them

Edit

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • CHIEFxIRONLUNGCHIEFxIRONLUNG FLOORPUNCH_NJHC Joined: Posts: 591
    Sleep's Holy Mountain makes this thread irrelevant.
    its not fine, but at least it makes sense. your a fucking retard if you cant even grasp that. only a retard would die for people they dont even know to increase these peoples bank accounts. now why dont you go and applie to the army retard, you would fit in quite nicely with the rest of them ignorant bitches.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,604
    Catchy song even though it's a little too short for my taste:

CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • CHIEFxIRONLUNGCHIEFxIRONLUNG FLOORPUNCH_NJHC Joined: Posts: 591
    -snip-

Best SRK username, hands down.
    its not fine, but at least it makes sense. your a fucking retard if you cant even grasp that. only a retard would die for people they dont even know to increase these peoples bank accounts. now why dont you go and applie to the army retard, you would fit in quite nicely with the rest of them ignorant bitches.
    edited August 2013

Yo anybody hear the new deafheaven? Fuuuucking fantastic

So i finally had the chance to hear the album Sunbather from the beginning to end and i have to say that i am really digging the whole Post Rock, Shoegaze and Sludge mixture that the album offers, the way that they combine the shrieking with the melodies to give a contrast to the whole sound is really mesmerazing to put it in a way (yeah i know, cursi :rofl:), it helps you to inmerse on the whole experience.

The titular song of the album is my favorite btw.
    Now there is only one thing that bothers me, and is why anyone would label this band Black Metal?
    The black metalish rifts are really meaningless when it comes as how the whole songs have been constructed, and i don't really think that they alongside the shrieks are enough to say that they are Black when they lack everything that makes Black, Black to begin with.

Of course this not a flaw of the album at all, the album is a great offer and i have to say innovative since it manages to blend all those elements from different genres and make an interesting album from beginning to end.

I without a doubt became a fan after hearing it :tup:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    edited August 2013
    geadom wrote: »
    SWBeta wrote: »

Dont forget some Angra (Angels Cry), Nightwish (Oceanborn) and Symphony X (V: The new mythology Suite)!

I listen to some Nightwish almost everyday :tup:
    Oceanborn is too good. Sleeping Sun and Nightquest :rock:

Fuck yes to Angra :rock:
    Carry On from Angels Cry #Kreygasm

I actually haven't listened to Symphony X before. I'll go do that now.
    @SWBeta

Since you are going to try some Symphony X, I recommend you

Of Sins And Shadows
    Out Of The Ashes
    Smoke And Mirrors
    In The Dragon's Den
    Evolution (The Grand Design)
    A Fool's Paradise
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited August 2013
    This here is the metal thread you fuckface.

The thread for ravers who wear makeup and neon dreadlocks is somewhere else, thank you.
    VictorX1 wrote: »
    This here is the metal thread you fuckface.

The thread for ravers who wear makeup and neon dreadlocks is somewhere else, thank you.

It is goth industrial metal, boy. I also don't give a fuck about your opinion.

No it's not.
    It's plain fucking garbage.
    I am suddenly reminded of the good old days of zenial.nl forum.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    We cant have a metal thread without any thrashing going on, and what´s thrash without a good ole nuclear ending song?

• xlxlxlxlxlxlxlxl Joined: Posts: 2,008
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Steam: xlxlxlxl123 (Path of Exile, USIV, Awesomenauts, Dota 2)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited August 2013
    xlxlxlxl wrote: »
    SNIP

Whoa, i like Fates Warning a lot.. (but mostly their era with Alder.. i dont dig Arch vocals that much).

Did you hear their new single for their upcoming album?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fates-warning-new-song-into-the-black-available-for-streaming/

I just finished listening to what i consider THE BEST DEATH METAL album ever, and one of my favorite albums ever.

Death "HUMAN".

The level of amazing this albums contains is just infinite:

-Lyrics no longer about zombies, diseases, etc, but the true horror itself: The inner behaviors of the human mind
    -Musicians with not only outta this world abilities, but tremendous sense of songwriting, so no pointless "wanking" whatsoever.
    -Bass that not only is AUDIBLE, but has 70 - 85% of his own lines, with the best bassist of all extreme metal - Steve DiGiorgio
    -Sean Reinert on drums, a fucking octopus, with NO triggers whatsoever, and lots of jazz based drumming.
    -Paul Masvidal, the Cynic frontman, on rythm guitar. Yes, his leads here are also fucking amazing.
    -Chuck Schuldiner himself. Best songwriter ever, best riffer ever, best growls (understandable, but HARSH) ever. RIP x100000

Even with all those elements, the album never stops with rentless (but well-thought) agression, melody without getting to melo-death gayness, songs that dont dweedle on pointless sections or crappy buildups, a kickass instrumental with LOTSA bass, etc etc etc.

I could go on forever praising this album, and even ITP being my favorite Death album, its obvious that HUMAN is without doubt the ESSENTIAL album, from the band, and the genre itself.

RIP Chuck Schuldiner.

Post edited by geadom on
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • AkyneAkyne Phoning for help Joined: Posts: 104
    Don't mind me, just gonna stink up this thread with some progressive/groove shit I'm partial to.

geadom´s favorite / essential metal albums, vol 2:

Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime

So prog metal is just wankery? Vocalists with their balls being squeezed by a cat? Lyrics about imaginary stuff that wouldnt even fit in Foster´s Mansion?

Wrong.

YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS SHIT NOW.

This is crack, this is why you´re listening to music, this is art, this is fucking everything.

-High vocals, but far from that "OMG my ears bleed" feel. Melodic, clear, and with great entonation on the right parts.

-BEST LYRICS ever. Album is the best conceptual album ever, dealing with a crack addict that joined "the revolution" and did MANY crimes, then reformed in the hands of a prostitute turned nun... and then lost the memory.

-Musicianship that is gonna kick your balls, with GREAT riffs, even better soloing, and wait until you listen the bass lines on this baby.

-With all this ambition, the album NEVER feels bloated, excessive or a wankfest. Songs average 5 minutes at most, give you plenty of time to appreciate them without making you booze (take that, Dream Theater).

Seriously guys, dont miss this album, it has already received like all the praise ever for a reason: This is pure prog / metallic bliss:

edited August 2013
    Hell fucking yeah!
    8 years ago the internet radio station Pandora.com got blocked in Germany and up until now I haven't found a convenient way to bypass it, but guess what?
    An hour ago I stumbled across a Google plugin which bypasses every fucking video ban on the internet for me.

\o/
    I
    / \

Gonna post some of the shit the radio played for me today:

Some shit I've heard there was really good progressive metal or rather music, but sadly couldn't find a video or Wikipedia entry for them.
    Post edited by ArtVandelay on
    edited August 2013
    Give me the names and i will upload the songs to youtube
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited August 2013
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Give me the names and i will upload the songs to youtube

Thanks for the offer.
    Actually found a youtube video for one band.
    Had to unblock the youtube search for it.

Also one of my favorite bands ever with a very distinctive sound:

The other band was called "Event" with the song "Coincidental Existence".
    The band doesn't even have a wikipedia or youtube entry or anything.
    edited August 2013

It seems that i already had the band, lol
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • FuneralMoonFuneralMoon It was my privilege Joined: Posts: 301
    edited August 2013
    Ill bite.
    Funny how Hecatom is called someone else a cake mews when hes posting some of the most emasculated shit in this thread. Typical "Pink frothy aids" fan.

Heres some of my favorites from different sub-genres.

You can never go wrong with this one.

Zero/X/Doom
    Time is Precious. Don't waste it on bad teams.
  • mowrmowr NOW LISTEN CLOSELY Joined: Posts: 6,155
    A fucking classic. Chokes me up everytime.

Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=uCbXf6aOfF4

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Alex
    Region: United Kingdom
  • FuneralMoonFuneralMoon It was my privilege Joined: Posts: 301

Rocking alot of Darkthrone tonight. Any darkthrone fans here?
    Zero/X/Doom
    Time is Precious. Don't waste it on bad teams.
    edited August 2013

Edit

For funeralmoon who was asking for emasculated metal

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Some hefty imperialistic shit

geadom wrote: »
    We cant have a metal thread without any thrashing going on, and what´s thrash without a good ole nuclear ending song?

• TweleveTweleve fuccboi Joined: Posts: 7,643
    I don't listen to Leprosy as much as the other albums but Open Casket is ridiculous
    Add me on steam for ye olde Dota 2 - Tweleve3s (hookers and blow)

Mandroid Echostar - The Kingdom and The Crown

Mandroid Echostar - The Kingdom and The Crown, Guitar Playthrough
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Earlier in the thread I posted a terrible audio quality recording of the following classic without realising. I apologise.

Here's some more fucking Black Sabbath

• BTierBisonBTierBison I am Lord Shiva. Joined: Posts: 918
    My PSN is VictorX1. https://www.facebook.com/Trimurti66X1 My theme song: https://youtube.com/watch?v=qFPVWv7X0c4 "To be a good fighter, you must be dangerous, fearless, deadly, unrelenting, threatening, and unpredictable. In essence, be like water, my friend" Bruce Lee. The 4 Cardinal Virtues: Prudence, Justice, Fortitude, and Temperance. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=755532914476914&set=vb.100000606370404&type=2&theater
    Best Paranoid cover to date: