.Metal.

Comments

• geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Does anyone enjoy the Morbid Angel albums with Tucker? I´ve recently been putting more attention to them, and Formulas Fatal to the Flesh and Gateways to Annihilation are pretty good.. not better than A to C, but definitely better than D:

Havent heard H yet.. and just a couple tracks of that abomination called I.
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
  • mowrmowr NOW LISTEN CLOSELY Joined: Posts: 6,052
    edited September 2013
    One of the mightiest riffs of all time.

Had to post this VERY solid cover.

Best Paranoid cover to date:

I love how they worked Iron Man in there.
    Post edited by mowr on
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=uCbXf6aOfF4

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Alex
    Region: United Kingdom
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,058
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • BTierBisonBTierBison I am Lord Shiva. Joined: Posts: 918
    My PSN is VictorX1. https://www.facebook.com/Trimurti66X1 My theme song: https://youtube.com/watch?v=qFPVWv7X0c4 "To be a good fighter, you must be dangerous, fearless, deadly, unrelenting, threatening, and unpredictable. In essence, be like water, my friend" Bruce Lee. The 4 Cardinal Virtues: Prudence, Justice, Fortitude, and Temperance. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=755532914476914&set=vb.100000606370404&type=2&theater
  • TweleveTweleve fuccboi Joined: Posts: 7,643
    Anyone here like Savatage?

Add me on steam for ye olde Dota 2 - Tweleve3s (hookers and blow)
  • EvilSamuraiEvilSamurai Joined: Posts: 2,659
    edited September 2013
    Never knew that Carcass had a video for this classic. I thought they only did that melodic shit Heartwork. Symphonies of Sickness and Necroticism ftw.
    Holy Jeff Walker's crust dreads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d7oGGud2Jk4
    they also did this one from Necroticism:

And Heartwork is really good, wtf.
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,518
    New album of Dream Theater is out, so far sounds really good :rock:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Lotsa new albums from classic bands this year:

Autopsy
    Dream Theater
    Carcass (!!!!)
    Voivod (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Gorguts (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Fates Warning(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Great, great, great year for metal
    edited September 2013
    Tweleve wrote: »
    Anyone here like Savatage?

They sound fucking sweet, have to check. Also double post because of this:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/09/16/stream-the-new-dream-theater-album-right-now/

And even better, THIS:

• Torn ApartTorn Apart New Noise Joined: Posts: 1,150
    Speaking of Carcass, i'm so excited to see them on the 28th!!!!!
    faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens

AKA Zeppeli/Necro Bobsledder
    geadom wrote: »

Cool they did the best songs from the album as videos.

Heartwork is good but it (and melo death in general) is not really death metal in terms of song structure. It's Iron Maiden type stuff with badass growls and Kreator Coma of Souls-esque melodic solos. I still like Heartwork but it's the start of Carcass's decline and of a decline in death metal in general. At least we got tech death with Cynic (first album only), Decapitated (first album is still hte best by far as it was produced by Peter from Vader), and Cryptopsy (First two albums only when they had Lord Worm) made up for it. I don't think anything can make up for Archenemy though. When Carcass was recording their comeback, they were advertising themselves as the Archenemy free version of Carcass.
  • ShervinShervin 09'er Joined: Posts: 1,994
    Do we care about metalcore in this thread at all?
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

__

I've been told I'm entertaining in Battlefield and my roommate and I often get in fist fights over Nba 2k, watch here:
    Heh, some of us are lucky that the topic is not only about Death Metal or 80's metal
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

Cool they did the best songs from the album as videos.

Heartwork is good but it (and melo death in general) is not really death metal in terms of song structure. It's Iron Maiden type stuff with badass growls and Kreator Coma of Souls-esque melodic solos. I still like Heartwork but it's the start of Carcass's decline and of a decline in death metal in general. At least we got tech death with Cynic (first album only), Decapitated (first album is still hte best by far as it was produced by Peter from Vader), and Cryptopsy (First two albums only when they had Lord Worm) made up for it. I don't think anything can make up for Archenemy though. When Carcass was recording their comeback, they were advertising themselves as the Archenemy free version of Carcass.

I fucking agree with your Melo Death description. Thats why Heartwork is the BEST melodeath album, because even PIONEERING those traits, they dont abuse till death (no pun intended).

There are still lots of great DM riffs (not those lazy melodeath riffs), great lyrics, blast beast.. and cmon, Walker voice! One of the most unique DM vocals ever.

I dont like melo death, but Heartwork is in a level above all those crappy albums.

Shervin wrote: »

I personally dislike/despise it, but i suppose some others enjoy it. There are, however, a couple of interesting bands in the genre i guess:

• ShervinShervin 09'er Joined: Posts: 1,994
    ^Im a fan of Lamb of God, their vocalist Randy Blythe is incredible IMO.

Either way, I purchased August Burns Red's newest CD "Rescue and Restore" and in my opinion, it is a very good CD. Of course, if you think metalcore is just a bunch of noise, you won't like it probably.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

__

I've been told I'm entertaining in Battlefield and my roommate and I often get in fist fights over Nba 2k, watch here:
    edited September 2013
    Just heard the cd of Surgical Steel. Heartwork with gore is my first impression. Track by track breakdown:

1. "1985"
    An aping of Judas Priest's the Hellion with the title of the year that Carcass was founded. Pretty cool.

2. "Thrasher's Abattoir"
    Full grindcore with melody attack about how they're going to eviscerate and murder the dream pop and post-black metal atmospheric shit loving hipsters along with the metalcore posers. Has lyrics I need to open up the dictionary to understand like the good old Carcass. 2/2 so far.

3. "Cadaver Pouch Conveyor System"
    Heartwork-style with gore. Not bad at all for what it is. Some nice riffs. 3/3

4. "A Congealed Clot Of Blood"
    First weak song on the album. Midtempo and slow Carcass is not good Carcass. This almost sounds like Archenemy. That's not good. First misfire

5. "The Master Butcher's Apron"
    Groove metalish riffs, almost Swansongish first half leading up to a good second half with an almost Oriental ending. Melodeath done right.

6. "Noncompliance To ASTM F 899-12 Standard"
    Heartwork mixed with Necroticism. Ken Walker is back for background vox. Good first NWOBHM solo but it slows down later to get super melodic. Not a good thing.

7. ""The Granulating Dark Satanic Mills"
    Truly Iron Maiden with badass growls. What the hell does the chanted 6026916 mean though?

8. "Unfit for Human Consumption"
    Holy shit did Carcass really steal the riffs from Megadeth's "Holy Wars?" Yes they fucking did. Good song though as Rust in Peace is a classic album. At least they're good enough to play that shit, unlike fucking Ghost (Duran Duran trying to be Mercyful Fate) who were stuck stealing the Symphony of Destruction riff for Ritual.

9. "316L Grade Surgical Steel"
    Almost a rehash of No Love Lost from Heartwork but not as bad. Swangsongish and Led Zeppeliny. No

10. "Captive Bolt Pistol"
    The single. Not bad at all.

11. "Mount of Execution"
    Acoustic??? Carcass trying to be epic. It's interesting at least.

Bonus track 1: "A Wraith in the Apparatus"
    Groovy. Swansongish but at least it's fast and Bill Steer gets a lot of lines.

Bonus track 2:"Intensive Battery Brooding"
    More Swansong. But hilarious lyrics. Read them as you listen and then look up Blue Peacock and chickens on google.

7/10 for what it is. Good but not great. Too clean and dynamically compressed. Jeff Walker doesn't sound as nasty with age and some of the tracks and verses are misfires. Carcass are back and they've gone from the gods of grind to masters of melodeath. They play tons of old shit live so go fucking see them. The LP should have awesome audiophilia-jizz worthy sound quality like the teaser unless they pressed it from the CD master

I fucking agree with your Melo Death description. Thats why Heartwork is the BEST melodeath album, because even PIONEERING those traits, they dont abuse till death (no pun intended).

There are still lots of great DM riffs (not those lazy melodeath riffs), great lyrics, blast beast.. and cmon, Walker voice! One of the most unique DM vocals ever.

I dont like melo death, but Heartwork is in a level above all those crappy albums.

I don't mind some melodeath like pre Slaughter of the Soul (the fucking final sellout to retire) At the Gates and the first couple of Amon Amarth albums. It's really when they became just thrashy riffs but with New Wave of British Heavy Metal (NWOBHM) song structures did it start to suck. Arch Enemy is basically just like fucking Saxon or something only with shit riffs, shit song writing, shit vocals, shit everything. Basically repetitive thrash riffs with shitty black metalish vocals, and without the song and riff writing skills of real NWOBHM.

For those of you confused, Melodic death metal /= not death metal with melody. Symphonies of Sickness and Necroticism have melody. Bolt Thrower's Those Once Loyal has tons of it. So do the flag bearers of Japanese death metal: Intestine Baalism and Gotsu Totsu Kotsu. The difference is that they're still old-school death metal in terms of song structure. Fuck even Cryptopsy's None So Vile, one of most technical, brutal, and best albums ever, has it.

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • mowrmowr NOW LISTEN CLOSELY Joined: Posts: 6,052
    Just... badass.

Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=uCbXf6aOfF4

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Alex
    Region: United Kingdom
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    here's some actual heavy music to go in this thread.

thall.
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,255
    edited September 2013
    here's some actual heavy music to go in this thread.

thall.

they are releasing a new albulm???

alright

_______

going over my music theory notes

I realized that delta blues is extremly metal.

or rather, metal is really Delta.

hahaha

Delta

can you imagine, ah shit, that was so Delta. instead of that was so metal!

Post edited by pedoviejo on
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    edited September 2013

Shervin wrote: »

No, we don't ;)

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    I just found out that Yngwie will have a concert on november 20 :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »
    I just found out that Yngwie will have a concert on november 20 :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

shame the fat ass doesn't play as clean, and his most recent music isn't as original.

but still.

given the chance, id go

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • GHOSTMACHINESGHOSTMACHINES Destroyer of Mouthbreathers Joined: Posts: 1,659
    SWBeta wrote: »
    SWBeta wrote: »
    I started listening to some old power metal stuff... like Stratovarius. Shaft Agent will be so proud of me :D

Dont forget some Angra (Angels Cry), Nightwish (Oceanborn) and Symphony X (V: The new mythology Suite)!

I listen to some Nightwish almost everyday :tup:
    Oceanborn is too good. Sleeping Sun and Nightquest :rock:

Fuck yes to Angra :rock:
    Carry On from Angels Cry #Kreygasm

I actually haven't listened to Symphony X before. I'll go do that now.

Super late reply, but damn, I love old (Tarja era) Nightwish. They were just a different band back then, and Tarja's voice just put them over the top. As far as I'm concerned, they never found a legit replacement for her, and I'm not sure it can be done at this point. Though, I don't think she's hurting too much after being booted (in an extremely bush league fashion with that "open letter" shit) from the band. She is actually having huge success with her solo work.
    I play League of Legends. IGN: WellWHOOOOSThis
    My Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/stickyshooz

"Raiden is not, was not, and never will be a true nigga" -SWBeta
    Geadom`s favorite / essential metal albums, vol 3:

Megadeth - Rust in Peace

593.jpg

Riffs. Tons of em. They never stop. Yes, this is (IMO) the best thrash album ever, and a strong candidate for best metal album ever, and it has TONS OF RIFFS and the most MEMORABLE solo`s ever made. Mustaine decided to sober up, and it shows, delivering some of the BEST songwriting skills ever put on an album, and the rest of the band are no fluke either:

Ellefson bass is sooo damm clear and tasty, Menza fills and double bass is memorable as F (wait until you hear the beginning of the title track), and Marty Friedman.. OMG, maybe the best solo`s ever were written by this guy, as shown in the last part of the now legendary Hangar 18:

A beast of an album, Rust in Peace stands as thrash finest hour, even with the minor detail of Mustaine`s voice being an acquired taste, and a track that, being the intro to another track (Dawn Patrol to Rust in Peace) in the middle of the album, might be considered (ITS NOT) filler.

HIGHLY recommended album, dont miss it!
  • SSRagnaSSRagna C'est La Vie Joined: Posts: 708
    edited October 2013
    Forgot we had a thread for this, gonna post some shit I've been jamming lately.

Stay \m/ guys
    Post edited by SSRagna on
    PSN: ShinXetsu
    Xbox Live: InertSolo
    edited October 2013
    Thumbs up on that Morbid Saint track \m/ I once emailed one of the band members (who now works at an IT company) and the guy replied. He was cool. I asked him about the re-release of Spectrum of Death and he told me they never got a cent for that re-release or that they authorize such release.

Anyway, I just found out Danielle Sharp likes Exhumed and Bolt Thrower :O

may be NSFW
    http://www.celeb-for-free.com/pics/celeb3130/pics/danielle_sharp_03.jpg
    This cover is starting to grow on me, liking it more than the original
    They won a Grammy for another Metallica cover, btw:

Damn that's good :rock:
  • -AEON--AEON- Joined: Posts: 972
    Ihsahn's new song unintentionally sounds like it's about the FGC:

Viscant wrote: »
    The reason I don't stream is because the chances of me accidentally exposing my dick to the world is too high. I forget stuff way too often, I almost burn my place down because I forgot I was cooking at least once every 3 months. If I started livestreaming I would load up a Taylor Swift video, forget I had a webcam and a stream and then...
    These are self evident truths. You could irrefutably prove God's existence starting from the axiom that Marn is scum.
    Marn is scum ergo sum.

New Iced Earth song released

• SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770

:rock:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,378
    Hmmm, so this is pretty good:

The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    edited November 2013

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited November 2013

Post edited by Hecatom on
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited December 2013
    Well, here are the videos that i got from Yngwie's Concert here on El Salvador

I have to say that i hate how Youtube ruins the quality of the videos :lol:
    Post edited by Hecatom on
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Geadom`s favorite / essential metal albums, vol 4

Autopsy_-_Mental_Funeral-CD.jpg

Autopsy -- Mental Funeral

In an era where Death Metal was about achieveing the most fast, vicious speed and brutality, Autopsy, lead by none other than Chris Reifert (drummer on the pioneer Death album Scream, Bloody Gore) manages to release a beast of an album at a hellish slowly tempo, that might not just matches a lot of albums from the era.. it surpasses them:

Influenced by a myriad of doom metal bands (like Trouble), Mental Funeral crawls between short frenetic bursts, and slow atmospheric passages, led by Reifert`s almost suffocating voice, and some of the most memorable drum fills ever made. Danny Coralles and Eric Cutler deliver some axework HIGHLY unlikely (but ultimately, delicious) for the genre, with riffs varying between blues, death, groove and classic rock, with A LOT of unforgettable soloing; the kind that is gonna stick for a REALLY LONG TIME in your head:

With maybe the basswork the only weak link (having replaced one of the BEST bassists of extreme metal, Steve DiGiorgio for Steve Cutler), Mental Funeral stands tall in the Phanteon of the death metal Essential albums, featuring a slow ,diseased filled sound; gruesome, Death Metal vocals; with the corrects amounts of bluesy /classic rock and a perfect mix of all the instruments. Dont sleep on this stuff guys, this has CLASSIC imprinted all over it.
    I prefer Severed Survival, but Mental Funeral is still quite good.

• Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,378

The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    I prefer Severed Survival, but Mental Funeral is still quite good.

Hmm, while Severed Survival might also be considered a classic, IMO Mental Funeral is the better album, more polished, more thought, more refined. Shame that they couldnt keep Digiorgio on the bass..
    We cant have a metal thread without any thrashing going on, and what´s thrash without a good ole nuclear ending song?

Yeah guys, wtf?

edited December 2013
    so my friend posts this

and im like, OK

and then inquire on this commander in chief

http://www.thecommanderinchief.net/ "changing the shred sterotype..."

yet she wears Yngwie style clothing.....lol

anyway not bad, she isn't really doing anything new or revolutianary..But I reallyhate that tone for clean guitar. It's fucking anoying and thin, and metal players need to change that shit. eh, ok artist

edited December 2013
    I already pre-ordered my copy :rock:

Edit

Btw, i want to see what kind of troll logic will use the people to keep labeling them as Death :looney:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited December 2013
    My favorite Infernal Majesty track

Autopsy -- Mental Funeral

I am not really into slow tempo death metal, but I did liked Mental Funeral.