.Metal.

Comments

• AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,058
    The whole album is so good

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • Vagrant42791Vagrant42791 Joined: Posts: 35
    Got a chance to see these guys a few months ago and was hella impressed.

• geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Carcass new OFFICIAL VIDEO

VOIVOD two new official videos:

"He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    Today is December 13th. Twelve years ago today we lost Chuck Schuldiner. Here's to you, buddy.

RIP Chuck. I discovered your music late, but is among the most beautiful form of art these ears have heard EVER.

"He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,518
    To this day i am still pissed that Amazon don't let me buy the damn album :shake:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 511
    just gonna leave a few of these here

and really? no wintersun?
    TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Lars, Jinpachi/King, Lars/Leo
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Hugo
    MvC2: Charlie/Sabretooth/Juggernaut, Venom/Juggernaut/Jill, MSP
    HDR: O.Sagat, Balrog,
    KOF98UM: Orochi Yashiro, Kyo, Daimon
    KOF2002UM: Vanessa, Jhun, Iori, Clark, Hinako, Chang, Orochi Yashiro, EX Takuma
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/?
    Injustice Frauds Among Us: Grundy, DerperMan, Nightwing
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: This Game Sucks
    Super Setup Fighter IV: This Game Also Sucks
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Sagat/Law, Jin/Alisa
    Soul Caliber 2: Kilik
    DS3: Rikuo, Victor, Lord Raptor
    Skullgirls: Big Band/Cerebella
    SamSho2: Earthquake, Kyoshiro
  • PastramiPastrami Delicious Deli Meat Joined: Posts: 198
    Growing up the only kinds of metal I listened to were limited to pretty much Metallica on the radio. I didn't have cable TV so no music videos, no internet since it wasn't available yet, and everyone at school was into hip hop and stuff like that. When I look back I thought it was kind of weird especially since I live in LA and metal music is everywhere here. In high school I knew there was harder and faster stuff. There was a classmate in my guitar class that had such a huge hard on for Kirk Hamster. He thought he was the best guitarist that ever existed. So to prove him wrong I went hunting for some music that was fast and had a lot of soloing.
    The first type of stuff that was introduced to me was mainly power metal. At first it kind of threw me off because of the clean vocals used and uplifting lyrics, not something I was expecting from metal. But the feeling I got from listening was great: it was like a beam of light came down from the sky putting energy in my body. I mounted my horse and galloped down the field, leading the vanguard to slaughter thousands of orcs, dodge ballista shots and overtaking the fucking castle. Here are some of my favorite songs from that genre.

[♥slimey... yet satisfying♥]
    edited December 2013

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • GHOSTMACHINESGHOSTMACHINES Destroyer of Mouthbreathers Joined: Posts: 1,659

3:40 especially makes me jizz every time
    I play League of Legends. IGN: WellWHOOOOSThis
    My Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/stickyshooz

"Raiden is not, was not, and never will be a true nigga" -SWBeta
  • gigglepiesgigglepies Joined: Posts: 61
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,878 mod
    http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/the-twenty-heaviest-metal-records-of-all-time#7lu4ZAfdbTQ2DVIO.01

usually I loath these kinds of listicles but this is special to me because #12 were my best friends in high school. We used to gig together frequently in peoples backyards, garages, or any bar that would open their stage, which wasn't many. In those days the local scene was dominated by metalcore but they stuck to their guns, especially the late guitarist and songwriter Daniel. It's nice to finally see his work getting the recognition it deserves. For you guys that like down tempo, down tuned kinda shit I highly recommend giving Admiral Angry a listen.
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
    edited December 2013

97392zvlwlt4qyt1_zpsb1d68fe4.gif
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 511
    meh, not too sure how you guys feel about female singers, but found this to be pretty badass
    TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Lars, Jinpachi/King, Lars/Leo
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Hugo
    MvC2: Charlie/Sabretooth/Juggernaut, Venom/Juggernaut/Jill, MSP
    HDR: O.Sagat, Balrog,
    KOF98UM: Orochi Yashiro, Kyo, Daimon
    KOF2002UM: Vanessa, Jhun, Iori, Clark, Hinako, Chang, Orochi Yashiro, EX Takuma
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/?
    Injustice Frauds Among Us: Grundy, DerperMan, Nightwing
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: This Game Sucks
    Super Setup Fighter IV: This Game Also Sucks
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Sagat/Law, Jin/Alisa
    Soul Caliber 2: Kilik
    DS3: Rikuo, Victor, Lord Raptor
    Skullgirls: Big Band/Cerebella
    SamSho2: Earthquake, Kyoshiro
    somebody sent this to my inbox, wtf

• BBQBBQ ピンクゾーン Joined: Posts: 3,566
    edited January 2014
    Checking my email, came across this news story, gotta say, fucking metal:
    http://news.yahoo.com/group-unveils-satan-statue-design-oklahoma-224102124.html
    4779a8f4dd182e00480f6a70670042b8.jpg
    I'd rock a statue of that in front of my house, HAIL SATAN
    Iced Earth - Cthulhu

Been listening to the new Iced Earth quite a bit the last few days and I'm really enjoying it. Has kind of a fresh sound, while still retaining that Iced Earth feel. I'm amazed at how well Stu has managed to fit in on vocals.

I have to say that i was not aware that they released a new album.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    There is a certain charm on some classic metal albums, that cant be explained, just EXPERIENCED:

I was thinking about Metallica today and I remembered what an incredible performance their Live Seattle 1989 set was. The sound is fucking heavy as shit.

Almost missed it, Carcass is playing tomorrow here. I am thinking on going to see them.

Been listening to some Racer X/Mr Big/Paul Gilbert

The added bass adds sooooooo fucking much to the album
    edited January 2014

Mendel released a new album :rock:
    Those are the tracks that i liked the most so far

Edit

I have to say that is a GDLK album :rock:
    Post edited by Hecatom on
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    New track from the legendary DEMILICH:

GODDAMM how can they keep their same sound after all those years is just amazing.
    ^I didn't think they were releasing new material. I knew they reunited briefly, I think in 2005? Don't know what they've been doing since then.

Cynic's "Kindly Bent to Free Us" got leaked, currently listening to see what i preordered :coffee:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    So far, this is the song that i liked the most from the album

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • xlxlxlxlxlxlxlxl Joined: Posts: 2,008

There's so many albums I need to get :(
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Steam: xlxlxlxl123 (Path of Exile, USIV, Awesomenauts, Dota 2)
    Has anyone heard of Slough Feg? holy fuck, what a fucking great band:

• Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2014
    if you guys like Chaos A.D era Sepultura, check out Soulfly's new album. it's pretty decent. :tup:

Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    Yo geadom, you never told me what do you think of Cynic's new album, was that bad that left you speechles? :razz:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Remembering about this from years ago:
  • SSRagnaSSRagna C'est La Vie Joined: Posts: 708
    Man, I wish more modern Thrash was as good as Vektor, these guys jam so fucking hard. \m/

Concerning the new Cynic album, I really wish I liked it more than I did. Its still a fairly solid piece of work but the one feeling that comes over me after a listen through it is frustration. Just gonna have to accept Cynic is as Cynic does and they made their intention of going to new horizons quite clearly.
    PSN: ShinXetsu
    Xbox Live: InertSolo
    Yes, Vektor fucking rules, hands down best thrash revival band.
    @AriesWarlock : Infernal Majesty fucking rules, im hooked to None Shall Defy
    SSRagna wrote: »
    Concerning the new Cynic album, I really wish I liked it more than I did. Its still a fairly solid piece of work but the one feeling that comes over me after a listen through it is frustration. Just gonna have to accept Cynic is as Cynic does and they made their intention of going to new horizons quite clearly.

This. Focus is not an easy album, anyways, i always understood that you had to be in a special mood to enjoy Focus, because otherwise it might sound really annoying. But their new direction its something that while i dont condene it, IMO is wasted talent.

Best Cynic is Human (ironic, isnt).

As for Cynic, i have to agree, while i came to known them with Traced in Air and i like their recent entries, i can understand if old fans wouldn't like much this new path they are taking.
    geadom wrote: »
    Yes, Vektor fucking rules, hands down best thrash revival band.
    @AriesWarlock : Infernal Majesty fucking rules, im hooked to None Shall Defy
    SSRagna wrote: »

This. Focus is not an easy album, anyways, i always understood that you had to be in a special mood to enjoy Focus, because otherwise it might sound really annoying. But their new direction its something that while i dont condene it, IMO is wasted talent.

Best Cynic is Human (ironic, isnt).

I think that i don't follow :/
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited February 2014
    Death's Human featured both Masvidal + Reinert (the core members of Cynic), and was recorded before Focus:

http://goo.gl/jqfFbc
    Post edited by geadom on
    edited February 2014
    @geadom yeah, None Shall Defy is a pretty good album. I checked out a song by Slough Fed called Traveller, pretty cool!

morgoth
    geadom wrote: »
    Death's Human featured both Masvidal + Reinert (the core members of Cynic), and was recorded before Focus:

http://goo.gl/jqfFbc

Well, the great news is that there are a great amount of terrific bands out there, so is not like we don't have choices, is only about to be open minded and receptive instead of being hung for the past and also not being focused on only one specific genre :coffee:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,292
    [url="
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,292
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • TweleveTweleve fuccboi Joined: Posts: 7,643
    edited March 2014
    Suffocation's drumming is always on fucking point

WHY SO FUCKING CLEAN MANNNNN
    Add me on steam for ye olde Dota 2 - Tweleve3s (hookers and blow)
    Nocturnal - Rising Demons

blackened thrash metal in the vein of old school German thrash. And Tyrannizer is quite pretty, one of the hottest metal chicks I have seen lately.
  • TweleveTweleve fuccboi Joined: Posts: 7,643
    2:17 - 2:35 is an example of why DEATH is one of the greatest bands to have existed. There's so much emotion in this riff that it hurts

Add me on steam for ye olde Dota 2 - Tweleve3s (hookers and blow)