.Metal.

Comments

• PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,320
    On the topic of power metal, I'm not much of a fan in general, but I just popped in the original Demons & Wizards album for the first time in a long time, still really good to my ears. Never picked up the second, heard it was ass.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • Zx-toleZx-tole Joined: Posts: 611
    edited June 2014
    I like Primal Fear and Manowar when it comes to power metal, Sabaton is pretty cool too. But yeah Power Metal can be an acquired taste for some, probably one of the sub genres I don't dig too deep into.

I just picked up Pentagram's Relentless a few hours ago. I've been having a taste for old school Doom Metal as of late, probably gonna pick up some Witchfinder General and Saint Vitus one of these days and Trouble's Pslam 9... too good.
    Currently Playing-
    KOFXIV: King of Dinosaurs/Daimon/Maxima
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,862
    edited June 2014
    The thing with power metal i think, is that when is done right it can be very fun to listen but like death metal and gothic metal is one of those genres where is too easy to find too much bands that are plagued with that generic sound that it bores quickly, at least for me.
    There are certainly a lot of good bands, but for 1 of those bands you have to deal with a lot that at best are just regular :/
    Post edited by Hecatom on
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited June 2014
    The new album of the australian band Voyager, "V" has been already released :rock:

Edit

Mechina released a new single :rock:

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    I just found out that Christopher Lee released a new EP this year :O

http://loudwire.com/christopher-lee-92nd-birthday-metal-knight-ep/
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,084
    Atheist announces new album

http://www.bravewords.com/news/223435

YES, fucking YES.

For those who haven't, listen Unquestionable Presence now, truly essential.
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
  • GHOSTMACHINESGHOSTMACHINES Destroyer of Mouthbreathers Joined: Posts: 1,659
    edited June 2014
    I've always prefered Elements, myself. But yea, their first 3 albums are pretty much essential old school tech death.
    I play League of Legends. IGN: WellWHOOOOSThis
    My Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/stickyshooz

"Raiden is not, was not, and never will be a true nigga" -SWBeta
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/its-official-singer-steve-zetro-souza-is-back-in-exodus/

Never standed Dukes, I hope they can pull an album like Tempo of the damned again.

And yeah, Elements is also very very good.. in a different way (more Jazz than metal). did I mention that Tony Choi rejoined Atheist as well?
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
    Any fans of Katatonia? God damn their first two albums are soooooo gooooood (not really a fan of their more recent efforts)

Mastodon - Once More 'Round The Sun got leacked :coffee:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • xlxlxlxlxlxlxlxl Joined: Posts: 2,008

Anyone listen to this band? This album is is quickly becoming one of my favorites.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Steam: xlxlxlxl123 (Path of Exile, USIV, Awesomenauts, Dota 2)
    edited June 2014
    xlxlxlxl wrote: »
    youtube.com/watch?v=3NdXqroDz9c
    Anyone listen to this band? This album is is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

1st time hearing about them, but i am liking their sound so far. Though the intro is quite misleading in that i thought it was going to be more prog-neoclassic :lol:
    It seems that they have 3 albums so far.

Edit

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,132
    Discovered Benighted when I was looking for bands like Dying Fetus. So good, so brutal.

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,656
    Is the new Arch Enemy album ass like the last one?
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    edited July 2014

tataki wrote: »
    Is the new Arch Enemy album ass like the last one?

If you mean War Eternal, it has gotten mixed reviews from what i read; some people seem to love it while others hate it with passion.
    I have never been a fan of Arch Enemy so i really don't know much about their music so i can't compare it to previous works (so i don't know if the album is full of the same or if they changed their style) but from what i hear of it is not bad, but i certainly don't love it or think that is the best fucking album of all time.

There are songs that sound cool imo and others that have parts that i actually liked. The melodic parts are well done and usually kept me entertained and the solos sound good overall, you wouldn't find something genre changing or intrincate awe inducing rifts/solos but i don't think that it is something necesarily bad, the growlings of the new vocalist sound descent, i actually didn't knew that it was a girl (like i said i don't know much about them)
    I would say that it lets itself to be heard and can be enjoyable if you like melodic death.

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Its ass, listen to the new Carcass instead

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album/157866/Arch-Enemy-War-Eternal/
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    probably posted this band before, but will probably never stop:

https://myspace.com/ordorakun/music/song/reverse-bestiality-26517779

88622.jpg

metal from the point of view of a raccoon. Clawfucking God's Planet is a nice song too.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    geadom wrote: »
    Its ass, listen to the new Carcass instead

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album/157866/Arch-Enemy-War-Eternal/

LOL, well, in the end i recommend the same that i do when it comes about fighting games, or games in general for the matter, listen it for your self and decide for yourself :tup:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited July 2014
    All fans of extreme metal should listen to at least ONE Morbid Angel album (except that abomination called Illud Divinum Insanus), truly one of the defining bands of DM, fusing Trey's crazy psychodelic riffs and weird soloing + one of the best extreme metal drummers ever, not only for his excellent blast beat techniques, but also amazing fills, Pete Sandoval:

From BLESSED ARE THE SICK, Rebel Lands

From COVENANT, World of Shit:

From FORMULAS FATAL TO THE FLESH, Nothing is Not:

From GATEWAYS TO ANNIHILATION, Ageless still i am:

From HERETIC, Cleansed in pestilence:

edited July 2014
    I don't know what it is, but I could never really get into Morbid Angel, outside of their first 3 albums. And even then, I never thought they were that unique or interesting.

From Carcass FB page

10462641_466888076789184_2112383444478054256_n.jpg

Old School Death Metal (OSDM) roundup:

OBITUARY - Cause of Death:

The second most cliche DM band ever (just behind Cannibal Corpse) releases their best (and imo, only worthy ) album, with guitar legend James Murphy ripping through everything with his melodic soloing.

PESTILENCE - Testimony of the Ancients

Released in 1991, this is the first album w/out Van Drunen on vocals, and the first one to display some sort of technicality from the netherlands Pestilence. IMO their best.

CARCASS - Necroticism : Descanting the insalubrious

Another 1991 beast, Necroticism is the first Carcass albums with Michael Amott (Arch Enemy) contributing to the foul mix (just some solo's, though). A bit redundant on some places, but has riffs for years.

DEATH - Leprosy

After, well inventing DM, Death returns back with another slab of OSDM that IMO is truly the defining moment of the genre. If it sounds a bit generic, dont panic, its because almost everyone else xcopied this album to.. Death?

NOCTURNUS - The Key:

A time traveling cyborg decides to go back in history to kill Jesus.. aided by Keyboards, sci-fi leads and Mike Browning on vocals and drums (Morbid Angel first vocalist). Considered one of the first tech death albums, very unique even today.

ATHEIST - Piece of Time:

Undoubtely a pioneer band of DM, this album oozes with creativity and jazz influenced musicianship (the bass is used as the leading instrument and the drums are free jazz styled). More rooted in DM than its follow up (Unquestionable Presence, one of my favorite albums ever), by 1989 surely nothing was out like this.

DEMILICH - Nesphite

Very very weird and retorted album.. yet insanely fun. An advanced listen, this album twin guitar leads, suffocating drumming and very extreme vocal style ( and this is DM, folks) isnt just for everyone, but those looking for something really original and twisted should look no further.

Next im gonna make a Power / Prog list.... someday
    I don't know what it is, but I could never really get into Morbid Angel, outside of their first 3 albums. And even then, I never thought they were that unique or interesting.

Weird, Morbid Angel are one of the most unique DM bands ever, taking inspiration from "Mozart" and fusing their sound with a high trippy and psychodelic sound.

Haunting the Chapel was remastered????

I am gonna have to check that Demolition Hammer. Morbid Saint is awesome. I remembered I emailed one of the members a few years ago to ask him about a remastered version of Spectrum of Death, he replied saying it was funny because he and his friends haven't authorized a remastered version.

@geadom‌ you heard of Uncle Sam?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lANPV0YNGII

Sounds good, but never heard of em. Will try to jam the full album this saturday.
    edited July 2014
    I am actually surprised that you have not heard Uncle Slam yet, is one of those bands that i think that is right down your alley, old school trash/crossover metal.
    They only have 3 albums (Say Uncle, Will Work for Food and When God Dies) since they splitted up on the 90's
    From those 3, Will Work for Food is their best reviewd last time i checked, thoug Say Uncle seems to be the best known.

Say Uncle (Full Album)

Will Work for Food (full Album)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Weird, Morbid Angel are one of the most unique DM bands ever, taking inspiration from "Mozart" and fusing their sound with a high trippy and psychodelic sound.
    Yeah, I don't know. Just a personal thing, I guess. God knows I love old school DM, because it tends to have more energy and uniqueness that a lot of newer bands don't have.

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited July 2014
    A few tracks in, and I can't say I'm too impressed with the new Judas Priest...

Edit: after listening to the whole thing, yeah, the album sucks. Incredibly underwhelming and makes me think that maybe Priest are out of ideas.
    Post edited by GHOSTMACHINES on

• EvilSamuraiEvilSamurai Joined: Posts: 2,659
    Necroticism has a ton of full retard open note chugging hit people riffs in the best way possible. I prefer Symphonies but Necroticism is basically the album bands like Cannibal Corpse wish they could make.

On a huge Incantation kick lately:

Also best album of 2014:

• EvilSamuraiEvilSamurai Joined: Posts: 2,659
    A few tracks in, and I can't say I'm too impressed with the new Judas Priest...

Edit: after listening to the whole thing, yeah, the album sucks. Incredibly underwhelming and makes me think that maybe Priest are out of ideas.

Double post but their new tour is sit down only so I won't be seeing them. Fucking lame
    I've only heard ONWARD TO GOLGOTHA and even though i dont enjoy suffocating / brutal dm that much, i liked a lot (along with Immolation CLOSER TO A WORLD BELOW)
    I promised a Power / Prog roundup, but because it's my bday, this one is for my favorite type of metal: Tech Thrash / Death:

CORONER - NO MORE COLOR

This fucking rips. Coming from the neoclasical inspired PUNISHMENT FOR DECADENCE and before the progressive (and one of my fav albums ever) MENTAL VORTEX, NO MORE COLOR is the right balance between sheer thrashing and technicality.

DEATH - INDIVIDUAL THOUGHT PATTERNS

My favorite DEATH album. So techy with zero wankery (songs clock at 4 minutes MAX) plus a top notch lineup (Gene "The atomic clock" Hogan on drums, BASS GOD Steve DiGiorgio on bass) make this an essential. Dont forget Chuck's (RIP) riffing and tremendous lyrics.

OBLIVEON - FROM THIS DAY FORWARD

This caught me by surprise like two years ago.. tremendous bass, tremendous vocals and production, terrific album.

TOXIK - THINK THIS

A hidden gem with plenty of bass, catchy vocals, social inspired lyrics.

ANACRUSIS - MANIC IMPRESSIONS

Very very very good melodic thrash with a lot of well infused technicality. Ken Nardi vocal range makes this quite the experience.

WATCHTOWER - CONTROL AND RESISTANCE

WARNING: The vocals are horrendous. THE ORIGINAL tech band delivers their best album, very very very fucking good, dont miss it.

ARTILLERY - BY INHERITANCE

Yet another hidden gem, this time from Denmark. Very eastern influenced, very awesome.

That's all for now, have to same some for the next roundup.
    Happy (late) Metal Birthday bro.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • mowrmowr NOW LISTEN CLOSELY Joined: Posts: 6,189
    HOW DID I NOT KNOW THAT THERE IS A NEW JUDAS PRIEST ALBUM
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=uCbXf6aOfF4

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Alex
    Region: United Kingdom
    Opeth - Pale Communion got leaked :coffee:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    mowr wrote: »
    HOW DID I NOT KNOW THAT THERE IS A NEW JUDAS PRIEST ALBUM

Keep your expectations low.

A brief prog/power roundup, i dont have too much time available today:

FATES WARNING - PERFECT SYMMETRY

DREAM THEATER - IMAGES AND WORDS

QUEENSRYCHE - OPERATION MINDCRIME

SYMPHONY X - THE DIVINE WINGS OF TRAGEDY

ANGRA - ANGELS CRY

NIGHTWISH - OCEANBORN

Batman fans will know the characters here

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster HUMANZ Joined: Posts: 8,350
    Hecatom wrote: »
    The new album of the australian band Voyager, "V" has been already released :rock:

Edit

Mechina released a new single :rock:

Voyager is awesome. I saw them last year and even though they were the opening band for Rhapsody they stole the show.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

I really enjoy Nunslaughter's old school death metal sound

Yea, Nunslaughter are pretty cool.

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 512
    its almost unhealthy how much i love this band

TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Character, Jinpachi/King
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Hugo
    HDR: O.Sagat, Balrog,
    KOF2002UM: Vanessa, Jhun, Iori, Clark, Hinako, Chang, Orochi Yashiro, EX Takuma
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/Hwa
    KOF14: I dont understand this game
    Injustass 2: Swampass, Spookybird
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Spiderman/Thor/Ironman, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
    Super Setup Fighter IV: Hugo, Yun Sim
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Sagat/Law
    MKX: Cyrax, A-List Johnny
    edited September 2014
    Rhadamanthys, from their Debut album Midnight Skies (2014), Progressive Symphonic Black Metal

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Fucking Nocturnal Rites. Why are they currently MIA and not making an album? They've just been sitting in limbo since 2007.

It has been yeaars since i heard of them, i actually forgot that they existed
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    I found one of my old cds from them :rock:
    This was one of my fav songs of it

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • TweleveTweleve fuccboi Joined: Posts: 7,643
    Man I started listening to Obzen again, don't know what the fuck was wrong with me when I was younger to just let this album fly over my head

Add me on steam for ye olde Dota 2 - Tweleve3s (hookers and blow)
    Hell yeah! I found out that Ne Obliviscaris will release a new album this year :rock:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)