.Metal.

Comments

• thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 556
    Here is some thrash. These guys kick ass, holy shit.

Band: Lazarus A.D.
    Song: Revolution
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)
    Deciding on MvCI stuff: Ultron/Strider might be sick

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,862
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 512
    i just listened to these guys, i thought a lot of the songs on this album were pretty hit or miss
    TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Character, Jinpachi/King
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Hugo
    HDR: O.Sagat, Balrog,
    KOF2002UM: Vanessa, Jhun, Iori, Clark, Hinako, Chang, Orochi Yashiro, EX Takuma
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/Hwa
    KOF14: I dont understand this game
    Injustass 2: Swampass, Spookybird
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Spiderman/Thor/Ironman, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
    Super Setup Fighter IV: Hugo, Yun Sim
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Sagat/Law
    MKX: Cyrax, A-List Johnny
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,132
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=351873574968796&set=vb.137106613112161&type=2&theater

George Mason University marching band covers Rage Against The Machine lol
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Spiderman/Thor/Ironman, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
    http://www.ztmag.com/blog/news/?p=22731
    In collaboration with our chums at Season Of Mist, we’re pleased to give you the chance to listen to a brand new track from Australia’s Ne Obliviscaris.

The track, ‘Painters Of The Tempest (Part III): Reveries From The Stained Glass Womb’ is available to hear now until precisely 23;59 CET on 30 September, so we’d suggest you get a shift on. The album, Citadel, isn’t released until 7 November, but if this piques your interest, you can pre-order a copy of the album right here. As you prepare your ears to listen, here’s what the band have to say:

“We present to you ‘Painters Of The Tempest Part 3′…another piece of the 23 minute song that forms the centrepiece of our new album ‘Citadel’. This is the final part of the song and it follows straight after ‘Part 2, Movement 3: Curator’ that was the taste taste of our new album released online earlier this month. We definitely feel that ‘Painters Of The Tempest in its entirety is our most ambitious work to date and Part 3, featuring only acoustic guitar and violin and showcasing a completely different side to the band, is something we are particular proud of.”

https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/165320813?secret_token=s-og1Kt&visual=true&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

"Celtic Folk/Black Metal"

I like it. Haven't listened to the full album, but I hope it's as good.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • EmpryreanEmpryrean ╯°□°)╯︵ (波動拳) Joined: Posts: 446
    Ooh metal.
    PSN:Empryrean
    XBL:Empyraeon
    RIP Psn :(
  • EmpryreanEmpryrean ╯°□°)╯︵ (波動拳) Joined: Posts: 446
    More metalll!!!!

if the clean is a little too prog for you guys, their older stuff is heavy as shit as well.

also I saw someone post blood stain child, you might enjoy this :open_mouth:
    PSN:Empryrean
    XBL:Empyraeon
    RIP Psn :(
    edited September 2014
    I feel that 2013 and 2014 have been good years for the progressive side of metal in general.
    So many bands have been releasing albums full of gems that imo are a must for any metalhead \m/

Edit

Drums playthrough

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,710
    Been digging this band recently.

{]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

Currently Playing: Nioh, Lost Odyssey, Yakuza 3, Rare Replay
    the slide whistle lol

• TweleveTweleve fuccboi Joined: Posts: 7,643
    It has been a while since I've listened to the entirety of Ashes of the Wake, what a great album
    Add me on steam for ye olde Dota 2 - Tweleve3s (hookers and blow)
  • geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,084
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
    I'm getting into some thrash again... Can you guys recommend me albums from Havok and Municipal Waste? People tell me that those are really good bands of the genre but I don't know which album is a good start.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams

Other games:
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun

MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    From Havok i say Time is Up and Unnatural Selection
    From Municipal Waste i say Wate 'Em All and Hazardous Mutation
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    so im pretty sure this hasnt been posted and im amazed that it hasnt considering how godlike this music video is
  • stormdetonationstormdetonation Joined: Posts: 202
    Damnit, how did I miss a metal thread? Good thing it got fucked up so I saw this one.

I leave you with this gem from Deserted Fear's upcoming album. You gotta respect the HM 2...

It's like a 70s horror flick mixed with 90s death metal vids... a perfect cheese to grit ratio.
    thiagoeis wrote: »
    I'm getting into some thrash again... Can you guys recommend me albums from Havok and Municipal Waste? People tell me that those are really good bands of the genre but I don't know which album is a good start.

Dunno about Havok, but Municipal Waste is very punk heavy. If you are getting into thrash again, have you checked Metallica - Master of Puppets or Slayer - Reign in Blood?
    THROWBACKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
    Ok so on the google play store there's these metal samplers with different songs, some are very metal, but others not so much. Anyway, I figured someone here would like some metal + reggae + punk

Song from the new album of Ne Obliviscaris

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    thiagoeis wrote: »

Dunno about Havok, but Municipal Waste is very punk heavy. If you are getting into thrash again, have you checked Metallica - Master of Puppets or Slayer - Reign in Blood?

Yeah, I've listened Master and Reign for a time. Really good stuff.
    I don't listen much to Metallica these days, they have stuff that I like (Master and Ride The Lightning), but they kinda annoy me now for listening to it so much a few years back. For Slayer, it's rare for me to get sick of them when listening too much of their stuff.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:

Other games:

New Diablo Swing Orchestra single xz6bCV2.gif

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • GHOSTMACHINESGHOSTMACHINES Destroyer of Mouthbreathers Joined: Posts: 1,659
    By itself it sounds good, but it is a long shot to even call what I just heard "metal." Still love their stuff, though.
    I play League of Legends. IGN: WellWHOOOOSThis
    My Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/stickyshooz

"Raiden is not, was not, and never will be a true nigga" -SWBeta
    Any Candlemass fans here? Love their stuff - old and new.

Sometimes I forget how good Chris Broderick is. lol
    High level salty play

- I try to play:

Other games:

0:55 I WANNA REWIND SO BAD...MY DICK IS HARD
  • MetallixMetallix Lilly, Not Changed a Bit Joined: Posts: 135
    Black Dahlia indeed frickin' rules. Here's my personal favorite off Ritual. (Don't look up the lyrics, though... Twisted stuff, even by their standards.)
    PSN ID: XaltMile
    May eventually play fighters again
    It's been a while since I listened to Black Dahlia's stuff. Here's my favourite:
    High level salty play

- I try to play:

Other games:

What Metallica's One would sound like in medieval times

High level salty play

- I try to play:

Other games:

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    black metal types

10436143_815552985169385_3887446681758420176_n.jpg?oh=cacc2e6c9db22cf04d3ff03c06b8de77&oe=54D50310&__gda__=1426859417_f1e542e75052a9ac91cf970ca73b325e
    So apparently BabyMetal isn't the last word in J-Pop metal. I for one love this woman's voice.
  • BBQBBQ ピンクゾーン Joined: Posts: 3,624
    edited November 2014
    The last few years, during the winter months, this becomes part of my car's music rotation:

And when it gets brutally cold:

Post edited by BBQ on
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,143
    Can you recommend me bands akin to Isis, Tool or Riverside? I don't know if there's a specific genre for them. They tend to be labeled as progressive metal, but trying to use that criteria usually draws more stereotypical groups like Dreamtheater or Fates Warning which I'm not looking for right now.
    I have lost track of Windir, last I listened to them was Likferd. That song was good, I'll check out the whole album.
    raw

• KashiyukasthighsKashiyukasthighs Joined: Posts: 979
    I'm not really big on metal but Judas Priest caught my eye, been playing them for a couple years now.
    CARCASS & GOATWHORE Hilariously Featured on CBS' Elementary

On this past Thursday's edition of the CBS procedural Elementary, they had a hacker-themed episode with a metal twist. Death's Chuck Schuldiner as well as music by Carcass’ “Captive Bolt Pistol” and Goatwhore’s “Baring Teeth for Revolt” was also featured. Also, hearing Goatwhore said in a British accent has made my morning.

I'm not really big on metal but Judas Priest caught my eye, been playing them for a couple years now.

Priest is one of the greats. You could do far worse as far as "(One of) the only metal band(s) I like." I've seen them live twice, they were amazing both times.

Obligatory audio:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    new Einherjer

Just got home from seeing Death. Such a great show. So unfortunate I never had the chance to see them live before. Chuck's songs sound so vibrant live.
    If the show was anything like when I saw them myself back in 2013, I'm sure it was amazing. Death is indeed a great live band.

While we're on the subject, I'm reminded of one of the opening acts they brought along for my show. These guys are a trip.
    Just got home from seeing Death. Such a great show. So unfortunate I never had the chance to see them live before. Chuck's songs sound so vibrant live.

Do you have a set list?

edited December 2014

Do you have a set list?

The songs order? No, I don't. They played many famous ones starting with The Philosopher, Suicide Machine, Leprosy, Choke on It, Zombie Ritual, Scream Bloody Gore, Overactive Imagination, Human Form, Symbolic, Crystal Mountain, Zero Tolerance, Pull the Plug as the final song. Some from the older albums I don't remember. Sadly, they didn't play my favorites from Sounds of Perseverance: Spirit Crusher and Scavengers of human sorow. They played Bite the Pain which I am not crazy about :neutral_face:
    Post edited by AriesWarlock on
    Another year, another bunch of lists proclaming the best albums of the year

http://www.spin.com/articles/20-best-metal-albums-2014/?slide=20

thoughts?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)