Ultra Street Fighter 4 General

EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionistJoined: Posts: 12,436
edited June 2014 in Ultra Street Fighter IV
Just announced. Get hype.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 will include 5 new characters (4 of which are ported from Street Fighter x Tekken: Rolento, Elena, Poison, and Hugo. The 5th is current unknown but is said to have never been in a street fighter game before. NOTE IT IS NOT ASURA OR BBA MEGAMAN

It will include 6 additional stages said to be Pitstop 109, Mad Gear Hideout, Cosmic Elevator, Blast Furnace, Half Pipe, and Jurassic Era Research Facility. All from SFxT.

A complete rebalance to the entire cast based off of fan suggestions

It will cost 15$ for a digital version which you can upgrade from EITHER Super or Arcade Edition for the same price. The full retail version will cost $40 and include all of the DLC costumes at no extra charge. The game will be released on PS3/Xbox360/PC early 2014. Capcom is hoping for a simultaneous release on all 3 platforms or to at very much keep the PC closer to the PS3/Xbox360 release date than ever before. Pre-ordering will get you special pre-order exclusive costumes designed by Udon for the 5 new characters.

There will be location tests and special events in both Japan and USA for players to play early builds and give feedback that may impact the balance changes before they become final.

NOTE: USF4 may in fact use Steamworks instead of GFWL!
Post edited by d3v on
http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.

Comments

• Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,182
    But they didn't show this 5th character and where's Alex?!
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,098
    edited July 2013
    Only new facts i picked up were the lame name and dhalsim's dual hitting s.mk (WTF MAN!?)
  • iLoVBoomsiLoVBooms Plasma Chucker Joined: Posts: 59
    Lets go! I am soooo pumped for Ultra SF4! (Even if they didnt add Remy)
    Remy is top tier!
    Guile who?
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,486
    Lol Ultra SFIV! Well not too bad of a name. Nice to see gameplay from the new characters, Rolento is lookin' real good.

• EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    Neiburo wrote: »
    That sim buff seem like a bit too much.

Keep in mind, no changes are set in stone. Also you can't deny that sim def has a hard time with focus.
  • m16ghostm16ghost Joined: Posts: 1,810
    edited July 2013
    -Evil Ryu buff (lk tatsu hitting further horizontally?)
    -Sim's s.mk hits twice
    -Guy's target combo hitting crouchers?
    -Cody's knife throw armor breaks
    -Rufus EX Messiah not going over crouchers
    -Yang's j.mk crossup fixed

edited July 2013
    Guy's target combo was also hitting pretty far

Couldn't pick up the e. ryu change either
    One thing I think should be mentioned: All of the people who claimed capcom was just giving lip service with the suggestions are being proven wrong with some of these changes. Sure there is stuff that is not suggested but they've shown a lot of possible changes that I remember seeing suggested.
  • _Seiken__Seiken_ I had intended to give you a gravestone, but now you can forget it. Joined: Posts: 14
    You know, I thought Capcom would just balance the game more for the update, so i was really surprised when i saw we'd be getting 5 new characters
    and i know adding more characters is just gonna unbalance the game a bit more
    but still
    FIVE
    MY HYPE IS CURRENTLY PIERCING THE HEAVENS
    Glad they're keeping this game alive.
    ॐ मणिपद्मे हूँ NILE
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,373
    I wonder what the new modes are gonna be
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 9,907
    Eternal wrote: »
    One thing I think should be mentioned: All of the people who claimed capcom was just giving lip service with the suggestions are being proven wrong with some of these changes. Sure there is stuff that is not suggested but they've shown a lot of possible changes that I remember seeing suggested.

you got me. im suprised this stuff is even getting to a loc test version

im also shocked to see a full retail version. i'll eat crow on that one as well
  • KarimlooKarimloo Joined: Posts: 662
    Just give me Q already.
  • pootnanniespootnannies addicted to bad things Joined: Posts: 3,052
    doesn't take so long to say now.
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • LuppyLuptoniumLuppyLuptonium Entertainer Supreme. Joined: Posts: 235
    So hype... I own 3 copies of SSFIV as it is and getting the retail of this too (SFIV is the entire reason I own current gen consoles)
    I wish I had a pencil thin mustache...
  • UroboricUroboric Joined: Posts: 280
    Really weird announcement. Some incomprehensible babble from Ono followed by almost nothing new aside from a title, then an abrupt switch to unrelated filler.
  • NoodieNoodie Joined: Posts: 17
    Fei has had his balls removed in this version.
  • REALPLAYERREALPLAYER Joined: Posts: 1,649
    ultra sf4 is looking great. i eagerly await to see who the fifth character is. still think Q would be an excellent the best addition. we'll see what's in store.
    Mag/Dorm/Sent; Wolv/Dorm/Verg; Dante/Trish/others; Mag/VJoe/RR; Skrull/Nova/Spenc; Tron/Frank/others; Wesk/Dog/Akuma; Morr/MODOK/others; Nova/IM/Strange; Hawk/Dorm/Sent; Skrull/Chris/Doom; Hag/Hulk/Doom; Hag/Spenc/others; Tron/Spenc/Shulk; Hulk/Skrull/Shulk; Shulk/Task/Akuma; Morr/Strange/Phnx; GR/Nova/Phnx; Tron/Thor/Phnx; Viper/VJoe/others; Viper/SkrullFank/Doom; Hulk/MODOK/Dorm; Hulk/Pool/Mag; Zero/MODOK/FB; FB/MagDogDorm/others; Spider/StormX23/HawkStrider/IMRR/GRShulk; Cap/RRDoom/HawkThor/Viper others; X23/MorrArth/TronRR/ChrisHulk; Jill/IMDoom/DanteAkuma/TaskSent; Wolv/Pool/Sent; Thor/others/Strange; Thor/Trish/Doom; others/ Nova/Thor; Dfndrs; IF/others/Fel; Tron/PW/?; others/PW/Dog; VJoe/H-Ko/Shulk; Nem/Ryu/others; others/Morr/Shuma; GR/Shulk/H-Ko/Shuma
    I don't think they're that deep into the development yet. Just threw in a bunch of buffs people requested, added 4 semi-ready characters, 5 ripped stages, slapped that into a crappy power point and called it a patch.

I noticed a little inception in the hugo presentation, isn't that hugo working on the background lol?

And there's a steam icon at the end, which probably means no GWFL, which is awesome.
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,373
    someone leaked info about "exciting system changes". anyone know anything more?
    I know @azrael knows something. Just gotta make him talk
  • MSavoMSavo El Nuevo Luchador Joined: Posts: 3
    I hope I got cash to get this one at launch, the whole buying fighters 6+ months in and getting boomed on thing is getting old, not to say it won't still happen on launch, but should be a wee bit less difficult
    Countries that don't have guns aren't American. You know, if more people had guns, we'd have less shootings in this country.-Lazlow GTA3 (PSN MSavo)
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,067
    The System mechanic is Ultra Factor.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,058
    Sadly i won't be getting this version. Once Next Gen launches all of my money will be going there.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • AzureXIIIAzureXIII Joined: Posts: 284
    edited July 2013
    Call me a minority, but I love my aesthetics. Any word on what the new stages are going to be? I'm praying for some 3D remakes of stages from SFII/III. Ryu's Stage would be legendary.
  • The-OlympianThe-Olympian 4 the Glory of Gaea Joined: Posts: 2,134
    Oh my god. That guy tc range. :(
    What of the Hunting, Hunter Bold? Brother, the Watch was Long and Cold.
    What of the Quarry ye went to Kill? Brother, He Crops in the Jungle Still.
    AzureXIII wrote: »
    Call me a minority, but I love my aesthetics. Any word on what the new stages are going to be? I'm praying for some 3D remakes of stages from SFII/III. Ryu's Stage would be legendary.

Stages are confirmed to be from SFxT though I do hope that they include ONE new stage or returned an older stage. I think Rolento's subway stage from Alpha 3 would be cool and very different from any of the SFxT stages or any of the current stages in SF4. An interior Prison Riot based stage (kind of like Cody's Alpha 3 but instead of outside it is inside) would be neat you could have all of the prisoners cheering in the background and/or escaping and fire going on.

E. Honda's bath house and Sagat's Buddah statue are probably the 2 most famous stages in all of street fighter and neither are represented in SF4 at all, it'd be neat if they got a nod. Makoto's Dojo and Hugo's house in 3S also would make for cool stages to bring back.

Or they could just develop a whole new stage entirely which would be cool.

• stillzonedstillzoned Joined: Posts: 3
    gaaaaaayyyyyyyyy they added hugo and then they had to put poision wtf
  • IR_Baboon2IR_Baboon2 Joined: Posts: 128
    echelonNYK wrote: »
    Sadly i won't be getting this version. Once Next Gen launches all of my money will be going there.

What if I told you that you could play PS3 games on PS4?
    IR_Baboon2 wrote: »
    echelonNYK wrote: »

What if I told you that you could play PS3 games on PS4?

Then I'd call you a liar.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21/playstation-4-not-backwards-compatible-with-retail-or-digital-games
    Major bummer... guess I'll stick with PS3.
  • metallicabandmetallicaband DP & A TELEPORT ?!! Joined: Posts: 2,330
    IR_Baboon2 wrote: »
    Major bummer... guess I'll stick with PS3.
    You probably got confused with their Gaikai service which allows you to Stream PS3 games on PS4, but with latency involved I'm 100% sure playing SF4 seriously on it will be worthless.
    Shin Akuma V-Trigger Kreygasm, make it happen Capcom .
    Vanilla SF4 > AE 2012: Main: Akuma | Alt: Bison
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,659
    AzureXIII wrote: »

Stages are confirmed to be from SFxT though I do hope that they include ONE new stage or returned an older stage. I think Rolento's subway stage from Alpha 3 would be cool and very different from any of the SFxT stages or any of the current stages in SF4. An interior Prison Riot based stage (kind of like Cody's Alpha 3 but instead of outside it is inside) would be neat you could have all of the prisoners cheering in the background and/or escaping and fire going on.

E. Honda's bath house and Sagat's Buddah statue are probably the 2 most famous stages in all of street fighter and neither are represented in SF4 at all, it'd be neat if they got a nod. Makoto's Dojo and Hugo's house in 3S also would make for cool stages to bring back.

Or they could just develop a whole new stage entirely which would be cool.

Some SFxT stages could be legit great looking if they were recoloured to not be so horribly garish. Here's hoping they'll do it.
    Steam:Coffeeling | Fightcade: Coffeeling-FIN
    Xrd: Sol | ST: Claw, O.Sagat, O.Ryu | 3S: Chun-Li, Akuma
    Resource pack for learning fighting games and/or starting KOF13
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,651
    otori wrote: »
    I know @azrael knows something. Just gotta make him talk

Quick, someone mail me a 16 ounce sirloin on dry ice, and I'll intercept it in Japan.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,566
    Just watched the trailer. Did I seriously just see Elena's Slide not end in a knockdown? Seriously?
    Hardcore Report: I review games. Poorly.
    Latest: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

"Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
    Davidstar wrote: »
    Here is hoping for this stage.

img

Here is why despite liking that stage for artistic reasons I don't ever. EVER. want to see it: grass blocks view of some moves

I don't like it in 3S, I don't like it in ST, I don't like it in Alpha, I don't like it ANYWHERE. You don't block the view of a character at any time. Period.
    I just noticed something...

USF4 does NOT include the "Games For Windows Live" (GFWL) logo and the Steam logo was included on the promotional material.
    14_ultrasf4img02.jpg

I think that they may be transferring the game over to STEAMWORKS! :O
  • ashxuashxu Joined: Posts: 132
    If it doesn't use GFWL I hope they allow you to text chat in-game or at least let you send PMs without adding them on Steam.
  • The_EddieThe_Eddie Joined: Posts: 177
    my prediction: 5th character is Goh Hibiki (Dan's Father) lol
  • manbehindthewiresmanbehindthewires Consider yourself lightly, consider the world deeply Joined: Posts: 936
    REALPLAYER wrote: »
    ultra sf4 is looking great. i eagerly await to see who the fifth character is. still think Q would be an excellent the best addition. we'll see what's in store.
    Five new characters just seems a little odd to me, it's typically an even number...have a feeling the likes of Q would be an excellent secret 6th, unannounced character...fair to say I'll be playing through arcade mode again...just in-case haha.

The fifth character has been hinted as "Never seen in Street Fighter before" so sadly it's not Q...or any of these:

Ace, Alex, Allen, Alisa, Apocalypse, Area, Armoured Spider-man, Asuka, Bison II/Vega II, Birdie, Blackheart, Blair, Bloody Hokuto, Bob, Bryan, C. Jack, Captain America, Charlie/Nash , Christie, Cole, Cyber-Akuma/Mech-Gouki, Cycloid B, Cycloid y, Cyclops, D. Dark,, Darun, Darun Mister, Eagle, EX Balrog/M.Bison, Final Bison/Vega, Gambit, Garuda, Geki, Gill, Hayate, Heihachi, Hokuto, Hulk, Hwoarang, Ingrid , Jack , Jack-X, Jin, Joe, Juggernaut, Juli, Julia, Juni, Kairi, Karin, Kazuya, King, Kuma, Kuro, Lars, Law, Lee, Lei, Lili, Magneto, Maki, Marduk, Mech-Zangief, Mega Man, Mephisto, Mike, Nanase, Necro, Nina, Norimaro, Ogre, Omega Red, Oro, PacMan, Paul, Pullum, Pullum Purna, Q, R. Mika, Raven, Remy, Retsu, Rogue, Sabretooth, Sean, Shadow, Shadow Geist, Sharon, Shin Akuma/Gouki, Shin Bison/True Vega, Shuma Gorath, Skullomania, Sodom, Spider-man, Sunburned Sakura, Steve, Storm, Toro, Twelve, U.S. Agent, Urien, Vulcano Rosso, Wolverine, Xiaoyu, Yoshimitsu.

I'm sure I've missed some; feel free to shout out. Doesn't include and Vs Capcom titles.

SFV: Chun Li [CFN: thewires / manbehindthewires]
    Third Strike: Alex/Ibuki [Fightcade: MBTW]
    Here to learn.
    REALPLAYER wrote: »
    Five new characters just seems a little odd to me, it's typically an even number...have a feeling the likes of Q would be an excellent secret 6th, unannounced character...fair to say I'll be playing through arcade mode again...just in-case haha.

The fifth character has been hinted as "Never seen in Street Fighter before" so sadly it's not Q...or any of these:

Ace, Alex, Allen, Alisa, Apocalypse, Area, Armoured Spider-man, Asuka, Bison II/Vega II, Birdie, Blackheart, Blair, Bloody Hokuto, Bob, Bryan, C. Jack, Captain America, Charlie/Nash , Christie, Cole, Cyber-Akuma/Mech-Gouki, Cycloid B, Cycloid y, Cyclops, D. Dark,, Darun, Darun Mister, Eagle, EX Balrog/M.Bison, Final Bison/Vega, Gambit, Garuda, Geki, Gill, Hayate, Heihachi, Hokuto, Hulk, Hwoarang, Ingrid , Jack , Jack-X, Jin, Joe, Juggernaut, Juli, Julia, Juni, Kairi, Karin, Kazuya, King, Kuma, Kuro, Lars, Law, Lee, Lei, Lili, Magneto, Maki, Marduk, Mech-Zangief, Mega Man, Mephisto, Mike, Nanase, Necro, Nina, Norimaro, Ogre, Omega Red, Oro, PacMan, Paul, Pullum, Pullum Purna, Q, R. Mika, Raven, Remy, Retsu, Rogue, Sabretooth, Sean, Shadow, Shadow Geist, Sharon, Shin Akuma/Gouki, Shin Bison/True Vega, Shuma Gorath, Skullomania, Sodom, Spider-man, Sunburned Sakura, Steve, Storm, Toro, Twelve, U.S. Agent, Urien, Vulcano Rosso, Wolverine, Xiaoyu, Yoshimitsu.

I'm sure I've missed some; feel free to shout out. Doesn't include and Vs Capcom titles.
    Rather than get into the whole "vs games aren't part of street fighter so it doesn't matter" I will point out that the reason for the odd number is because it finally puts the number of characters in the game at an EVEN number.

Current Roster = 39 characters
    39+5 = 44. At least that is how I look at it.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,651
    I just noticed something...

USF4 does NOT include the "Games For Windows Live" (GFWL) logo and the Steam logo was included on the promotional material.
    14_ultrasf4img02.jpg

I think that they may be transferring the game over to STEAMWORKS! :O

OH PLEASE GOD!

That would be a slim hope for USF4 to get a Linux port. That'd be a day one buy for me if they did that.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    So has it been confirmed that every new stage is from SFxT? I'm really not a fan of any of them, but more variety is good I guess.
  • Tabby_CatTabby_Cat Currently Cat Joined: Posts: 84
    Eh. I really don't like the SFxT backgrounds, you can hardly see the characters for all the colours and shit going on back there.

What I want to know is, if you get the update via DLC, what does it mean by you not getting all the alternate costumes? Is it like the PS version where you can't see your opponent's costume (annoying, but not something I would shell out $25 for) or do you get ALL the alternate costumers (in which case I would buy retail just to give Capcom a feather in their hat).