Ultra Street Fighter 4 General

24567399

Comments

  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,570
    Just watched the trailer. Did I seriously just see Elena's Slide not end in a knockdown? Seriously?
    "Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    Davidstar wrote: »
    Here is hoping for this stage.

    img

    Here is why despite liking that stage for artistic reasons I don't ever. EVER. want to see it: grass blocks view of some moves

    I don't like it in 3S, I don't like it in ST, I don't like it in Alpha, I don't like it ANYWHERE. You don't block the view of a character at any time. Period.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    I just noticed something...

    USF4 does NOT include the "Games For Windows Live" (GFWL) logo and the Steam logo was included on the promotional material.
    14_ultrasf4img02.jpg

    I think that they may be transferring the game over to STEAMWORKS! :O
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • ashxuashxu Joined: Posts: 132
    If it doesn't use GFWL I hope they allow you to text chat in-game or at least let you send PMs without adding them on Steam.
  • The_EddieThe_Eddie Joined: Posts: 177
    my prediction: 5th character is Goh Hibiki (Dan's Father) lol
  • manbehindthewiresmanbehindthewires Consider yourself lightly, consider the world deeply Joined: Posts: 947
    REALPLAYER wrote: »
    ultra sf4 is looking great. i eagerly await to see who the fifth character is. still think Q would be an excellent the best addition. we'll see what's in store.
    Five new characters just seems a little odd to me, it's typically an even number...have a feeling the likes of Q would be an excellent secret 6th, unannounced character...fair to say I'll be playing through arcade mode again...just in-case haha.

    The fifth character has been hinted as "Never seen in Street Fighter before" so sadly it's not Q...or any of these:

    Ace, Alex, Allen, Alisa, Apocalypse, Area, Armoured Spider-man, Asuka, Bison II/Vega II, Birdie, Blackheart, Blair, Bloody Hokuto, Bob, Bryan, C. Jack, Captain America, Charlie/Nash , Christie, Cole, Cyber-Akuma/Mech-Gouki, Cycloid B, Cycloid y, Cyclops, D. Dark,, Darun, Darun Mister, Eagle, EX Balrog/M.Bison, Final Bison/Vega, Gambit, Garuda, Geki, Gill, Hayate, Heihachi, Hokuto, Hulk, Hwoarang, Ingrid , Jack , Jack-X, Jin, Joe, Juggernaut, Juli, Julia, Juni, Kairi, Karin, Kazuya, King, Kuma, Kuro, Lars, Law, Lee, Lei, Lili, Magneto, Maki, Marduk, Mech-Zangief, Mega Man, Mephisto, Mike, Nanase, Necro, Nina, Norimaro, Ogre, Omega Red, Oro, PacMan, Paul, Pullum, Pullum Purna, Q, R. Mika, Raven, Remy, Retsu, Rogue, Sabretooth, Sean, Shadow, Shadow Geist, Sharon, Shin Akuma/Gouki, Shin Bison/True Vega, Shuma Gorath, Skullomania, Sodom, Spider-man, Sunburned Sakura, Steve, Storm, Toro, Twelve, U.S. Agent, Urien, Vulcano Rosso, Wolverine, Xiaoyu, Yoshimitsu.

    I'm sure I've missed some; feel free to shout out. Doesn't include and Vs Capcom titles.

    SFV: Chun Li [CFN: thewires / manbehindthewires]
    Third Strike: Alex/Ibuki [Fightcade: MBTW]
    Here to learn.
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    REALPLAYER wrote: »
    ultra sf4 is looking great. i eagerly await to see who the fifth character is. still think Q would be an excellent the best addition. we'll see what's in store.
    Five new characters just seems a little odd to me, it's typically an even number...have a feeling the likes of Q would be an excellent secret 6th, unannounced character...fair to say I'll be playing through arcade mode again...just in-case haha.

    The fifth character has been hinted as "Never seen in Street Fighter before" so sadly it's not Q...or any of these:

    Ace, Alex, Allen, Alisa, Apocalypse, Area, Armoured Spider-man, Asuka, Bison II/Vega II, Birdie, Blackheart, Blair, Bloody Hokuto, Bob, Bryan, C. Jack, Captain America, Charlie/Nash , Christie, Cole, Cyber-Akuma/Mech-Gouki, Cycloid B, Cycloid y, Cyclops, D. Dark,, Darun, Darun Mister, Eagle, EX Balrog/M.Bison, Final Bison/Vega, Gambit, Garuda, Geki, Gill, Hayate, Heihachi, Hokuto, Hulk, Hwoarang, Ingrid , Jack , Jack-X, Jin, Joe, Juggernaut, Juli, Julia, Juni, Kairi, Karin, Kazuya, King, Kuma, Kuro, Lars, Law, Lee, Lei, Lili, Magneto, Maki, Marduk, Mech-Zangief, Mega Man, Mephisto, Mike, Nanase, Necro, Nina, Norimaro, Ogre, Omega Red, Oro, PacMan, Paul, Pullum, Pullum Purna, Q, R. Mika, Raven, Remy, Retsu, Rogue, Sabretooth, Sean, Shadow, Shadow Geist, Sharon, Shin Akuma/Gouki, Shin Bison/True Vega, Shuma Gorath, Skullomania, Sodom, Spider-man, Sunburned Sakura, Steve, Storm, Toro, Twelve, U.S. Agent, Urien, Vulcano Rosso, Wolverine, Xiaoyu, Yoshimitsu.

    I'm sure I've missed some; feel free to shout out. Doesn't include and Vs Capcom titles.
    Rather than get into the whole "vs games aren't part of street fighter so it doesn't matter" I will point out that the reason for the odd number is because it finally puts the number of characters in the game at an EVEN number.

    Current Roster = 39 characters
    39+5 = 44. At least that is how I look at it.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,812
    Eternal wrote: »
    I just noticed something...

    USF4 does NOT include the "Games For Windows Live" (GFWL) logo and the Steam logo was included on the promotional material.
    14_ultrasf4img02.jpg

    I think that they may be transferring the game over to STEAMWORKS! :O

    OH PLEASE GOD!

    That would be a slim hope for USF4 to get a Linux port. That'd be a day one buy for me if they did that.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • IR_Baboon2IR_Baboon2 Joined: Posts: 128
    So has it been confirmed that every new stage is from SFxT? I'm really not a fan of any of them, but more variety is good I guess.
  • Tabby_CatTabby_Cat Currently Cat Joined: Posts: 84
    Eh. I really don't like the SFxT backgrounds, you can hardly see the characters for all the colours and shit going on back there.

    What I want to know is, if you get the update via DLC, what does it mean by you not getting all the alternate costumes? Is it like the PS version where you can't see your opponent's costume (annoying, but not something I would shell out $25 for) or do you get ALL the alternate costumers (in which case I would buy retail just to give Capcom a feather in their hat).
  • IR_Baboon2IR_Baboon2 Joined: Posts: 128
    edited July 2013
    Probably won't be able to see them, yeah. Unless the "locked" costumes are part of the update.

  • manbehindthewiresmanbehindthewires Consider yourself lightly, consider the world deeply Joined: Posts: 947
    OP: stages said to be Pitstop 109, Mad Gear Hideout, Cosmic Elevator, Blast Furnace, Half Pipe, and Jurassic Era Research Facility. All from SFxT.

    Source http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-15-capcom-announces-ultra-street-fighter-4
    SFV: Chun Li [CFN: thewires / manbehindthewires]
    Third Strike: Alex/Ibuki [Fightcade: MBTW]
    Here to learn.
  • IR_Baboon2IR_Baboon2 Joined: Posts: 128
    So the Jurassic Park stage is actually a part of the Street Fighter canon. Interesting. I wonder if any of the stages will transition like in SFxT.
  • Philpy98Philpy98 Joined: Posts: 26
    Considering how well balanced the game already is, I hope they focus more on buffing lower tier characters over nerfing the higher tier characters. Considering you only had one double up in the top 8 at EVO (I think it was just Tokido and Infil') it just shows that the game is balanced as all hell. From what I've seen, they've focused mainly on buffs (read an article from combofiend discussing buffs to Chun-li, Balrog, Dudley and T.Hawk) and almost no nerfs, I'm very hopeful.

    Maybe just give the entire cast a few more ways of dealing with vortex's and then buff some lower tier characters. Can't wait for USF4, buying retail so I can get all the DLC :)

    All aboard the HYPE train
  • yomipoweryomipower not a legendary game designer Joined: Posts: 1,167
    edited July 2013
    So, we've got 4 characters from SFxT and prob 4-6 stages from SFxT, meaning everything "OMG NEW" in the game is just a complete and utter recycle (which is a nice throwback to old days Capcom, feeling really nostalgic here), + "balance tweaks" which I can bet anybody anything they'll either intentionally leave the new characers overpowered or just fuck something up requiring another update, and with a slapped-on 30$ price tag.

    Effort put into update: 0% (not like you can expect anything more from Capcom these days)
    Retardness level of anyone who pays money for it: 101%
    People who will nevertheless pay money for it: Everyone and their mother.

    Seriously wish Capcom would just die away.
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.
  • Tabby_CatTabby_Cat Currently Cat Joined: Posts: 84
    If it ain't broke, why fix it? Clearly SF4 was the most popular game at Evo this year, even with far newer games on the roster. I'll certainly appreciate the fresh coat of paint.
  • FluffyMFluffyM Poor so hard Joined: Posts: 683
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, fuck you. Fool me 3 times and I ain't buying this shit, Capcom can fuck off.
    SFV: Chun Li, Guile, Cammy, Balrog
    KOFXIII: Kyo/Mr. Karate/Leona
    SF4: Adon
  • TRUEB7UETRUEB7UE The Once and Future King Joined: Posts: 359
    Was really hoping that the title would be FINAL Street Fighter IV (or something to elude to this being a final revision in prep for SF5) or SF4: Championship Edition (A nice throwback title), but eh whatever. Ultra sound silly, recycled characters are cool seeing as they'll play differently from SFxT, have different Ultras, etc. and hopefully since some of the stages are coming as well, they'll have a nice fresh appearance or at the very least some new music (I can't stand Halfpipe's music at all). I'm excited nonetheless, mostly for the balance update, and will be even more when this mystery character is revealed.
    Twitter: @I_B_V_K_I
    CFN: MINUSTHEFIGHTER
  • IR_Baboon2IR_Baboon2 Joined: Posts: 128
    edited July 2013
    yomipower wrote: »
    So, we've got 4 characters from SFxT and prob 4-6 stages from SFxT, meaning everything "OMG NEW" in the game is just a complete and utter recycle (which is a nice throwback to old days Capcom, feeling really nostalgic here), + "balance tweaks" which I can bet anybody anything they'll either intentionally leave the new characers overpowered or just fuck something up requiring another update, and with a slapped-on 30$ price tag.

    Effort put into update: 0% (not like you can expect anything more from Capcom these days)
    Retardness level of anyone who pays money for it: 101%
    People who will nevertheless pay money for it: Everyone and their mother.

    Seriously wish Capcom would just die away.

    I feel ya. I just wanted a balance patch. Gonna buy anyway. ._.
  • Maria CroftMaria Croft Joined: Posts: 923
    Yeah, I'm pretty excited about Poison. The stages being ported is very lazy though.
    I'm buying this on disc, but damn, not until next year?

    I'm hoping they will start giving us some official balance-tweak lists soon though.
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    OP: stages said to be Pitstop 109, Mad Gear Hideout, Cosmic Elevator, Blast Furnace, Half Pipe, and Jurassic Era Research Facility. All from SFxT.

    Source http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-15-capcom-announces-ultra-street-fighter-4

    While I know you didn't write the article, I find the last entry to be somewhat suspicious. Like I can get behind the first 5 but Jurassic Era Research Facility doesn't make sense as that is almost entirely a Tekken based stage in reference to Alex from Tekken. I mean it's possible, there have been weird things in SF, but it just doesn't feel right to me.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,199
    The one thing that annoys me is that even if you go for the disc, there's still one more DLC costume for every character by Udon. I really really really wanted a complete disc/PC download that just gives me everything. 10 years down the line these DLC unlock codes might not work or some stupid bullshit is gonna happen that'll lock me out of the complete game.
  • ashxuashxu Joined: Posts: 132
    OP: stages said to be Pitstop 109, Mad Gear Hideout, Cosmic Elevator, Blast Furnace, Half Pipe, and Jurassic Era Research Facility. All from SFxT.

    Source http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-15-capcom-announces-ultra-street-fighter-4
    Jesus christ those screenshots on that article reminds me of how old SF4 is. the textures are mucky as all hell and the shadows look awful.
  • manbehindthewiresmanbehindthewires Consider yourself lightly, consider the world deeply Joined: Posts: 947
    Eternal wrote: »
    ... it just doesn't feel right to me.
    It's not a great article. Just thought it was interesting that they had specific information about the stages and images that weren't just screenshots from the trailer.
    It's a popular stage though. If it was a simple matter of someone in Capcom's marketing saying "include the 6 most popular SFxT stages" I have no doubt it'd be in there. As far as the SF stories' integrity goes? I'd like to see how they write dinosaurs into the plot haha

    SFV: Chun Li [CFN: thewires / manbehindthewires]
    Third Strike: Alex/Ibuki [Fightcade: MBTW]
    Here to learn.
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    I wonder if they'll bring over the customization stuff from SFxT. On one hand there are some sweet color schemes people make. On the other hand, fuck neon/metal colors and all black characters.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • AKUMA2000AKUMA2000 RAGING DEMON DISTRIBUTOR Joined: Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I would love to see Master Goutetsu finally make his game debut......i also thought they would bring back some of the background stages from SFA2.
  • IR_Baboon2IR_Baboon2 Joined: Posts: 128
    Eternal wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll bring over the customization stuff from SFxT. On one hand there are some sweet color schemes people make. On the other hand, fuck neon/metal colors and all black characters.

    Worst thing about playing SFxT - getting blinded by neon Ken and Ryu.
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    IR_Baboon2 wrote: »
    Eternal wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll bring over the customization stuff from SFxT. On one hand there are some sweet color schemes people make. On the other hand, fuck neon/metal colors and all black characters.

    Worst thing about playing SFxT - getting blinded by neon Ken and Ryu.

    It's def a mixed bag. I like it as a concept but they gave a bit too much freedom, and the neon colors were hideous. The metal ones weren't quite as bad but they were ALMOST as bad.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,667
    Free customization can and will kill your eyes. Murphy's Law and Sturgeon's Law make sure of that.
    Steam/Fightcade:Coffeeling
    Xrd: ? | ST: Claw, Ryu, O.Sagat | 3S: Chun-Li, Akuma
  • IR_Baboon2IR_Baboon2 Joined: Posts: 128
    Eternal wrote: »
    IR_Baboon2 wrote: »
    Eternal wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll bring over the customization stuff from SFxT. On one hand there are some sweet color schemes people make. On the other hand, fuck neon/metal colors and all black characters.

    Worst thing about playing SFxT - getting blinded by neon Ken and Ryu.

    It's def a mixed bag. I like it as a concept but they gave a bit too much freedom, and the neon colors were hideous. The metal ones weren't quite as bad but they were ALMOST as bad.

    Was a nice idea on paper. The worst part was when someone used that alternate costume of Ryu with the glowing skin, and made every other part of the costume neon. Before the patch it was eye rape.
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    Komatik wrote: »
    Free customization can and will kill your eyes. Murphy's Law and Sturgeon's Law make sure of that.

    IMO ANY game that allows for customization should have an option to disable seeing the customization when playing online. Customization viewing should be enabled by default but have the option to be turned off. There is ZERO reason I should have to see Blanka's alt 3 if I don't want to, the opponent can still see it if I turn it to "only show default colors/outfits" as things like colors and costumes are loaded locally (that is why you never have to face an opponent using the same colors as you in SF4 they always have a slightly different shade even if they pick the same color, however on THEIR side YOU have the different color. Likewise it is why costume mods can be used online. The opponent sees a different costume than the one you are actually using (If you modified Alt 1 to look like something else you'd see the costume you modded but everyone else sees Alt 1) this doesn't cause a desync like altering game data.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • SagatryuSagatryu Joined: Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    this is all I have to say

    "you may have the Ultimate Shield , but I have the Ultimate eye , and my ultimate eye can see your weakness" - King Bradley / Wrath to Greed.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,199
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    The one thing that annoys me is that even if you go for the disc, there's still one more DLC costume for every character by Udon. I really really really wanted a complete disc/PC download that just gives me everything. 10 years down the line these DLC unlock codes might not work or some stupid bullshit is gonna happen that'll lock me out of the complete game.

    So it turns out the situation isn't perfect but it isn't as bad as this to quote from: http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2013/07/13/super-street-fighter-4-update-info

    "If you own Super Street Fighter 4 or Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, you can download the update for $14.99. This will upgrade the game as is, with all your data intact. The other option would be to buy the disc version, which will give you all DLC costumes for all characters released until now, as well as future content (to be discussed in the future). This option is available for $39.99."
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    The one thing that annoys me is that even if you go for the disc, there's still one more DLC costume for every character by Udon. I really really really wanted a complete disc/PC download that just gives me everything. 10 years down the line these DLC unlock codes might not work or some stupid bullshit is gonna happen that'll lock me out of the complete game.

    So it turns out the situation isn't perfect but it isn't as bad as this to quote from: http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2013/07/13/super-street-fighter-4-update-info

    "If you own Super Street Fighter 4 or Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, you can download the update for $14.99. This will upgrade the game as is, with all your data intact. The other option would be to buy the disc version, which will give you all DLC costumes for all characters released until now, as well as future content (to be discussed in the future). This option is available for $39.99."

    You misunderstood him. The issue he has is that he would have to download those costumes still. He wants to have ALL of the costumes on a disk so that if at some future date the ability to download those costumes is no longer available due to perhaps the server shutting down, capcom going bankrupt, whatever. He'd still have access to all of the costumes.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    Super Ultra Street Fighter 4 AE version 2014 plus edition.
    STOMP!
  • Trini_JudokaTrini_Judoka salty...since 09 Joined: Posts: 1,317
    USF4 with 5 new characters = v.2015 patch awaits.
    Currently playing: I wish. gotta work son

    psn/xbl: JoBronze

    Brooklyn Bitchezzz
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,349
    im really hoping the retail disc is for next year and the digital download comes out this year
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 5,035
    OP: stages said to be Pitstop 109, Mad Gear Hideout, Cosmic Elevator, Blast Furnace, Half Pipe, and Jurassic Era Research Facility. All from SFxT.

    Source http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-15-capcom-announces-ultra-street-fighter-4

    I actually knew those stages will come in but...i want new music for some of them.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Kolin/ Hopefully Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ Frieza....



  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 5,035
    ashxu wrote: »
    OP: stages said to be Pitstop 109, Mad Gear Hideout, Cosmic Elevator, Blast Furnace, Half Pipe, and Jurassic Era Research Facility. All from SFxT.

    Source http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-15-capcom-announces-ultra-street-fighter-4
    Jesus christ those screenshots on that article reminds me of how old SF4 is. the textures are mucky as all hell and the shadows look awful.

    I love how the first picture is like Viper being offended by poison and then poison is like "Bitch please" in the next picture XD
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Kolin/ Hopefully Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ Frieza....



  • AzureXIIIAzureXIII Joined: Posts: 284
    Yeah, I can't say I thought any of the SFxT stages were noteworthy enough to return. Especially not in SSFIV. Not when they have all these amazing stages in their older titles.
Sign In or Register to comment.