Ultra Street Fighter 4 General

Comments

• GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 5,198
    tali wrote: »
    bypostman wrote: »
    Poison's not really getting nerfed is she? I hope not.
    id bet money on it, people bitch about poison harder then anything. check here or capcom unity. You don't even have to be right about something, just pick a move and bitch about it and if its poison you will get supported.

Ill actually be done with this game if she gets nerfed for no reason. People too lazy to learn the match.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma/Sakura
    Street fighter V Sakura/Kolin/Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ 16/17/Hit

• ShineboxShinebox Joined: Posts: 2,689
    Genistar wrote: »
    tali wrote: »
    bypostman wrote: »
    Poison's not really getting nerfed is she? I hope not.
    id bet money on it, people bitch about poison harder then anything. check here or capcom unity. You don't even have to be right about something, just pick a move and bitch about it and if its poison you will get supported.

Ill actually be done with this game if she gets nerfed for no reason. People too lazy to learn the match.

I heard this so many times when it came to Yun in AE lol

• YorKeYYorKeY Good at electric guitar, awful at accoustic, go figure. Joined: Posts: 7,863
    Shinebox wrote: »
    Bye bye Ken kara tatsu off to low midtier you go

I can also see E.Ryu's health being changed back to 900

Doubt it.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFVAE: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles & Yugi-Oh! Duel Links!
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

• ShineboxShinebox Joined: Posts: 2,689
    edited November 2014
    YorKeY wrote: »
    Shinebox wrote: »
    Bye bye Ken kara tatsu off to low midtier you go

I can also see E.Ryu's health being changed back to 900

Doubt it.

They don't want fun characters.

Also, There are 1 too many Ken's in Topanga Final offline round robin. Momochi beat Kazunoko, that means Yun needs more buffs. Nerf Ken buff Yun.
  • Rin-NakaretRin-Nakaret Joined: Posts: 416
    nerfed for no reason ? what about this : she's a motion guile with chun's backdash and a better version of claw backflip. I don't know, sounds like a decent enough reason to tweak her a little don't you think.

If they could remove the free juggle on the fireball I'm already OK with some of her stupid stuff. Increase her fireball ultra speed to compensate, that ultra isn't good enough IMO.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,522
    I have this weird notion that Decapre is going to have her glitches fixed, then I'll have to not have like 1.5x my opponent's meter like some sort of peasant.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • GamogoGamogo Common sense isn't. Joined: Posts: 2,958
    that ultra isn't good enough IMO.

Puff-puff give, puff-puff give.
    Guacamole is awesome.
  • Maria CroftMaria Croft Joined: Posts: 928
    I was expecting people to be happy with the new trails, since it was requested for years now, but all you see on Capcom Unity is people complaining.
    Ungrateful really, especially for a game that's this old and still gets support.

Afraid of more balance changes to be honest, I don't want to see anyone nerfed... even the characters I hate fighting.
    The animal costumes look really bad so far. Might be the first time I won't be buying the DLC.
  • Time pantsTime pants Maybe Evil Ryu is just misunderstood? Joined: Posts: 448
    Dee Jay players, it is your civic fucking duty to get your asses to the CU boards and request all the crazy, pie-in-the sky shit you can think of. It's your time and you have EARNED the right to play a good character. You saw what modesty and restraint got you. Now is the time to cry like there is no tomorrow.

See you there!
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    edited November 2014
    Time pants wrote: »
    Dee Jay players, it is your civic fucking duty to get your asses to the CU boards and request all the crazy, pie-in-the sky shit you can think of. It's your time and you have EARNED the right to play a good character. You saw what modesty and restraint got you. Now is the time to cry like there is no tomorrow.

See you there!

I guarantee you it's too late for that. The patch is only about 3-6 weeks away most likely (they said "shortly after Capcom cup" which is on Dec 13th). The changes are already done they just got bureaucracy to go through. Things like making sure all of the patches are released nearly at the same time, waiting until after Capcom cup for the release, getting all of their PR stuff in order such as a release trailer and PR statement, setting up the DLC packs for the costumes, that kind of stuff. The actual changes are done being implemented, they certainly are WAY past the planning stages.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • Time pantsTime pants Maybe Evil Ryu is just misunderstood? Joined: Posts: 448
    I BELIEVE
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,144 mod
    Veserius wrote: »
    I have this weird notion that Decapre is going to have her glitches fixed, then I'll have to not have like 1.5x my opponent's meter like some sort of peasant.

I just want them to give her back her pre-release scramble speed.
  • Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Trying really hard Joined: Posts: 7,889
    It's been fun EX Fuki, I'll miss you when you're gone.

Gotta prepare for the worst.
    CFN: SpitefulBanette
  • AngerusAngerus To headbutt or not to headbutt? Joined: Posts: 829
    I wonder what they're actually planning for Honda.
    Are they just gonna revert the EX headbutt nerf and call it a day like they did with LP headbutt in AE to AE2012?
  • YorKeYYorKeY Good at electric guitar, awful at accoustic, go figure. Joined: Posts: 7,863
    edited November 2014
    I was expecting people to be happy with the new trails, since it was requested for years now, but all you see on Capcom Unity is people complaining.
    Ungrateful really, especially for a game that's this old and still gets support.

Afraid of more balance changes to be honest, I don't want to see anyone nerfed... even the characters I hate fighting.
    The animal costumes look really bad so far. Might be the first time I won't be buying the DLC.

- I definitely am, it's about time.

- LMAO

- 90% of the summer costumes were bad too, having so many color options made them decent to some degree though. I'm gonna need you to sign a contract missy (your names Maria right?) a contract stating that you won't bust a bitch, turn around, and go off and buy the costumes anyway thanks to the Capcom drug.

It's been fun EX Fuki, I'll miss you when you're gone.
    Gotta prepare for the worst.

That was one of the sickest buffs in all of Ultra, i think it's probably gonna stay, no one has really been talking about Makoto much as far as top 5 or even top 10 goes. (not saying she doesn't have top 10 potential though, hell no, not saying that at all)
    Dota 2 player.
    SFVAE: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles & Yugi-Oh! Duel Links!
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

Angerus wrote: »
    I wonder what they're actually planning for Honda.
    Are they just gonna revert the EX headbutt nerf and call it a day like they did with LP headbutt in AE to AE2012?

I don't want them to revert it ENTIRELY I want a partial revert. They changed it from, causes pushback to causes NO pushback. Why couldn't they just do an actual reduction and make it do like 50% less pushback?

I'd like that + something actually strengthening him a little bit. A few options to choose from are:

FarHK -> 150stun increased to 200
    FarHP -> 90 damage increased to 100 on later frames.
    crouching MP -> startup reduced to 7F from 8F, damage increased to 90 from 80
    Jump frame count reduced to 4+35F from 4+37
    Forward Dash frame count reduced to 18F from 19F[-1] (makes it so he can dash and block as well as pressure with focus)
    Walk speed increased to 0.0475/0.0325 from 0.045/0.03
    Oicho throw stun increased to 150 from 100. EX Increased to 200 from 150.
    Backdash reduced 25F from 27F

I think any 2 or 3 of these would do quite a bit for him. I don't think this is a major balance shift so I doubt chars will be getting more than like 2-4 changes so my picks would be: EX HB pushback partially reverted, Jump frame count reduced, Walk speed increased, and farHK increased to 200stun would be my picks. The better jump + walk speed strengthens him vs projectile users and improves general footsies. FarHK increase wouldn't be a HUGE deal since he doesn't do big combos to get stun usually but it's a key component in his main BnBs so it adds up, plus it's a common footsie button. It'd certainly help vs some of the 900stun characters like El Fuerte.

About the DLC outfits, I only really buy the outfits for my main characters.
    I loved Rose's and Poison's summer outfits, so I was happy.
    Didn't care much for Chun, but she was included together with Rose's anyway.
    edited November 2014
    If ANYONE is getting a nerf in 1.04 it's not Poison: it's Rose.

And sadly? She doesn't need one. She has some stupid stuff but it's not so out of league that it needs nerfing, it's more "she is actually good while tons of chars suck" but with Luffy's success and Capcom's track record (Hello Gen) you know she is going to get nerfed.

One nerf that while I don't think she NEEDS but would be interesting would be to make her U2 have full duration at half charge BUT only 1 orb comes out (at full damage). That'd be a HUGE nerf though, just one i think would be INTERESTING. Her U2 is probably the closest thing to "maybe too good" she has, and honestly I like the way it's strong and some of the moments it creates. I wish that they'd fix the bug where she gets to keep orbs when hit sometimes though, THAT is bullshit.
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,669
    Eternal wrote: »
    And sadly? She doesn't need one. She has some stupid stuff but it's not so out of league that it needs nerfing, it's more "she is actually good while tons of chars suck" but with Luffy's success and Capcom's track record (Hello Gen) you know she is going to get nerfed.

How many Akuma matchups would've been made ok enough by just making the weaker party an actually good character? Tons. What do they do? Nerf Akuma.
    Steam/Fightcade:Coffeeling
    Xrd: ? | ST: Claw, Ryu, O.Sagat | 3S: Chun-Li, Akuma
  • pepopulopepopulo Eternal's groupi Joined: Posts: 633
    edited November 2014
    Ibuki's gonna get rekted BibleThump
    Nueva tecnología!!!
    edited November 2014
    Komatik wrote: »

How many Akuma matchups would've been made ok enough by just making the weaker party an actually good character? Tons. What do they do? Nerf Akuma.

There were only a couple of Akuma nerfs suggested I was ok with, and the sweep one being the main one. That was before DWU was a thing. I disagree with the nerf now with DWU in the mix. The other nerfs he got I think were warranted, however I also think he should have gotten a couple better buffs to his normals. I'm 100% ok with jump back fireball nerf and the DP FADC nerf was universal. I think his farHP damage nerf might have been a bit too much (120-> 100 IMO would have been enough)

I think that in the context of what was known about USF4 at the time he got nerfs suggested that he still deserved nerfs. Once DWU, DP FADC, and EX RF were thrown in the mix, as well as the Yun and Evil Ryu buffs it became a different story. If it wasn't for E Ryu being so much damn better than Akuma I think we'd still be discussing Akuma. It's not like he is weak, just not worth it when you could play ERyu.

They also should have made sure farHP was buffed downward to fix consistency issues due to reeling, and also buffed a couple of his other normals (farLK 3F active, crMK 70 dmg, crHP 6F active, closeHP 3F active, farMP 3F active to make his footsies better due to weaker mixups)

Before DWU was known the fact is that Akuma's vortex could shut down even good characters and he had a bunch of other above average tools. DP FADC -5F also hurt him and wasn't known about when suggestions were made.

Assuming DWU and -5F on DP FADC were never added I can still see giving him a few small nerfs in addition to buffing others just because of his vortex. Nobody knew these system changes were coming.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,888
    I can't wait to get excited for Dan buffs only to be disappointed as they proceed to give him dumb, pretty much inconsequential changes over stuff he actually needs to improve.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • zektbackzektback Joined: Posts: 354
    edited November 2014
    Genistar wrote: »
    I don't think she can be nerfed without making her terrible. They need to fix her input crap.

She's got WAY too much bullcrap that works against her to get a nerf. Dear God please no....
    nerfed for no reason ? what about this : she's a motion guile with chun's backdash and a better version of claw backflip. I don't know, sounds like a decent enough reason to tweak her a little don't you think.

She's also got input glitches that cause her to do random things, her normals halfway reach the length that it shows, a lower than garbage DP (no matter which one) with large gaps between it where the likes of Hugo and T. Hawk can jump through it or on top of it or even fucking throw her during and characters like El Fuerte, Dudley, and Oni can slam her out of it and characters like Adon and Juri can use a normal and knock her out of it, slow as hell walkspeed, she floats when she jumps, trash ranged U2, LMT can be hit and have her knocked out from anywhere, AAing is not good and has to be PREFECT due to short active frames on her normals and Dp's or facing characters that can slightly alter their jump arc.....................

:'( C'MON PEOPLE REALLY!?!?!?!?!?!? :s
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I might buy the Rolento costume pack cus that shit is pretty sick.

Poison is a bitch to fight, but the only things I would agree with would be no juggle on fireball and non-EX flip kick can't go over projectiles. Those 2 things are just cheesy to me.
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • ProfProf Fresh Joined: Posts: 2,029
    rose;s summer outfit sucked ass
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890

Wouldn't be surprised if Bison does too. Scissors kick -3 incoming. Scrubs still complaining like he wins tournaments and we all know Capcom listen to scrubs.

You'll get some dumb shit who complains. Then you'd think beating another Bison with another character would shut them up, but they reply something like "... but you're a better player than me". Then level the fuck up.

spazfishlarge_by_carredondo-d801xr5.png
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
    jebop wrote: »

Wouldn't be surprised if Bison does too. Scissors kick -3 incoming. Scrubs still complaining like he wins tournaments and we all know Capcom listen to scrubs.

You'll get some dumb shit who complains. Then you'd think beating another Bison with another character would shut them up, but they reply something like "... but you're a better player than me". Then level the fuck up.

Bison might be left alone due to lack of success, maybe even buffed. Rose actually won SEVERAL majors thanks to Luffy, and the most high profile of all with an evo win. No character that has won evo has NOT been nerfed in the next update.

Bison might be left alone due to lack of success, maybe even buffed. Rose actually won SEVERAL majors thanks to Luffy, and the most high profile of all with an evo win. No character that has won evo has NOT been nerfed in the next update.

Oh yeah?

0eb6ff66729cff95cf70eb0af34612cc.png
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,867
    edited November 2014
    I'm not really nervous at all about my character getting nerfed. I only care about hurtbox issues being addressed. If your character is going to be annoying vs. my character, then I want my full punishes to work when I get the read. That's all.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
    With every balance patch some of you keep asking for nerfs, and for characters you don't even know because you don't play them.

Instead you should try asking for buffs for characters you actually use.
    And since when is Poison's fireball juggle so OP that it should be nerfed?
    Oh right, I forgot, she's 'top 5' in this version.
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte Joined: Posts: 1,148
    Ryu needs his dp trade into ultra back

Hope Dudley doesn't get nerfed but if they take away the knockdown effect on his j hk I won't care at all

Poison and Rose don't need nerfs. If poison were to get a nerf I would only hope that crossup lmt gets taken away
    They should have never nerfed, just put everyone on the same level. Capcom couldn't even balance a 16 character game. Lol @ thinking they can balance a 44 character one.
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte Joined: Posts: 1,148
    They should have never nerfed, just put everyone on the same level. Capcom couldn't even balance a 16 character game. Lol @ thinking they can balance a 44 character one.

Just to give my perspective, balancing fighting games is an extremely daunting task even if you're a prolific game-developer. There has to be some trial-error, game devs can only spend so much time on balancing before the deadline, how are you gonna fully take into consideration how one moveset/attribute is going to interact with a huge number of moves/attributes from the rest of the cast? Extensive playtesting from high level players over an extended period of time is really the only way, which is the reason Capcom is STILL updating and balancing the game. IMO they really shot themselves in the foot by adding even more characters with this update, they should have stopped updating the roster after super

• Rin-NakaretRin-Nakaret Joined: Posts: 416
    With every balance patch some of you keep asking for nerfs, and for characters you don't even know because you don't play them.

Instead you should try asking for buffs for characters you actually use.
    And since when is Poison's fireball juggle so OP that it should be nerfed?
    Oh right, I forgot, she's 'top 5' in this version.
    You CAN'T jump on her without landing on her stupid hp.fireball. If you're bad with your fireball learn to use them correctly, the game shouldn't do the work for you. The free juggle is simply too much on that thing.

Even mediocre poisons are hard to deal with if you don't have a divekick or a great fully projectil invincible move. I don't claim to be a pro but damn... bad players shouldn't be so hard to deal with.
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    Keep the knockdown on her fireball for all I care, just take the free juggle away is all I ask. I don't like asking for nerfs much, and when I do they are minor to moves that serve their purpose well in other areas. Niggas are acting like taking away a free juggle will make her bad. It's just unnecessary, and taking it away won't make its primary function any worse at all.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • MachoRhombusMachoRhombus Joined: Posts: 2,919
    It does give her worse spacing after doing the AA with it, though, which would make her have to rely on her close range normals more and put her in more bad situations.

I don't think it's impossible to deal with it and I don't have a divekick, I also jump on Poison so...
    CFN ID - PenguinShivers

MJ|Shivers.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,522
    I think it's too early for dramatic nerfs.

More characters need to be good anyways.

And I also jump at poison.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    edited November 2014
    I would much rather they remove juggle on fireball and make her dedicated aa normals a little better. It already functions as a momentum killer, blockstring/combo starter and builds good meter, does it really need to juggle?

Maybe I'm in the minority thinking that having a projectile (the things you're supposed to jump over) function as a better anti air than most characters have is dumb. It's not like her normal aa's are that bad either.

I would take the non EX flip kick trade, so long as it becomes unsafe at like -3F or something. Unless you're a charge character, I think having a projectile and a way around them that is safe is kinda stupid. Ryu/Sak tatsus are cool since they aren't instantly invincible and in Ryu's case horribly unsafe, while Sak has a shitty fireball.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.