Ultra Street Fighter 4 General

Comments

• Sinister0n3Sinister0n3 Fool's Arcana Joined: Posts: 93
    Random question: Did anything change about Rose's U2 set up after a back throw? Typically I activate U2 right after the throw, slide, and then Soul Throw after the slide to cross up or stay in front. If they block wrong both orbs hit and then I combo from there. But last night, after using the set up twice, I was thrown out of the Soul Throw landing recovery even though one orb tagged the opponent. This never happened before. Am I just getting sloppy in my timing or is there something else going on?
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,033
    edited December 2015

Post edited by LiangHuBBB on
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • Pokemon123Pokemon123 Joined: Posts: 234
    edited December 2015
    so kind of interested in trying out SF 4 (yeah i know horrible time but think pc can't run SF 5 so welp), want to make sure PC can run SF 4 though.

OS: W10, processor Intel R Core (TM) i7 2630 QM CPU 2.00 Ghz RAM: 8GB, think it has some kind of AMD radeon graphics card

EDIT: woops posted before finishing the post
    aspiring 3s player.
  • cerberusfxcerberusfx Timekeeper Joined: Posts: 2,351
    Random question: Did anything change about Rose's U2 set up after a back throw? Typically I activate U2 right after the throw, slide, and then Soul Throw after the slide to cross up or stay in front. If they block wrong both orbs hit and then I combo from there. But last night, after using the set up twice, I was thrown out of the Soul Throw landing recovery even though one orb tagged the opponent. This never happened before. Am I just getting sloppy in my timing or is there something else going on?

Rose U2 got extra 2F recovery
    Power is nothing without skill
    R.I.P Joshua Colon (sksksksksk222)
    **Oh god images in signatures--not approving at all >_>!**
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,373
    Am I imagining things, or is there no camera zoom here

Usually the camera zooms in and out slightly depending on how the close the players are to each other. In this vid it seems like the camera is zoomed out max distance all the time.

IIRC SFIV Diner stage was the longest in the game (check the left corner).
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,613
    edited January 2016
    Camera zoom is hard to spot when not in training stage.
    I feel this match has zoom tho.

Edit: Or not? Jeez no clue, maybe it was like this in vanilla?
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • Digital-Digital- TRVP LORD Joined: Posts: 2,216
    edited January 2016
    that is how vanila was
    I got a job with the mob making G's, doing some pick-ups, deliveries and transporting keys.
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,373
    Vanilla definitely had the zoom effect. I think the reason that vid looks like that is because it was uploaded at the wrong aspect ratio, so the characters are a bit squashed.

Interesting thing about that match is that it was one of the first times an unblockable setup was recorded at a tournament. 1m54s. Vanilla Chun's unblockable vs Ken/Ryu.

• Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,566
    Vanilla's camera still functioned a bit differently than the iterations that came afterward. Character's always seemed bigger/closer together than they did in Super onward.

Man I miss the old Vanilla announcer and wish they would've went with the arcade sound effects. 'Shit was so raw.

The announcer in SF5 is completely devoid of hype. Unless that was only for the Beta (which I doubt) I'm not looking forward to hearing him for the next few years.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • ParryAllParryAll Dangerous Posts Joined: Posts: 3,145
    What version was used at Capcom Cup?

I noticed that they had Head to Head matches, as well as no loading time! How was that possible?
    "Third Strike just has that flow which somehow alienates you from your surroundings and really plugs your brain into the match your playing and your able to comprehend so many different situations and mind games and mixups in such a limited amount of time and all this without even thinking" - Nubilous

"[3rd Strike] makes you feel like the character is an extension of yourself when you get good enough." - AzureWolf

"Street Fighter is now like The Simpsons. It's been bad longer than it's been good." -ParryAll
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,149
    It was the ps4 version.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,613
    How do you find a Mister Miyagi?
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,245
    edited January 2016
    ParryAll wrote: »
    What version was used at Capcom Cup?

I noticed that they had Head to Head matches, as well as no loading time! How was that possible?

Head to head can be done with a simple hdmi splitter. Head to head isn't hard to do in local setups at all. Just takes a bit more equipment.
    Post edited by Sephiroth73003 on
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,098
    That should be in the SFV section just for the drama
  • DooplissDoopliss Joined: Posts: 3,174
    Undertale hype indeed. What soundtrack would be better to show the bittersweet feelings I feel.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Combo Hunter", A Street Fighter V Season 2 Combo Video
  • deleyedeleye Joined: Posts: 177
    Sobat into U2. Interesting.
    CFN-PC WaitinOnDeejay
    CFN-PS4 Deleye
    You can't escape the beat!!!
    deleye wrote: »
    Sobat into U2. Interesting.
    Before you get too excitied, three words: Frame perfect inputs. And two more: Dhalsim only :P (At least among all the characters I tried).

• NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 2,998
    Doopliss wrote: »
    Undertale hype indeed. What soundtrack would be better to show the bittersweet feelings I feel.
    Insert joke about you having a bad time here
    Naeras wrote: »
    Doopliss wrote: »
    Insert joke about you having a bad time here
    It was the best of times, it was the baddest of times.

• VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,158
    @Doopliss for the decapre combo i kind of wish you had done 2 fadcs into double dp combo instead of the RFC ender, Deejay combo too hype though.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    Veserius wrote: »
    @Doopliss for the decapre combo i kind of wish you had done 2 fadcs into double dp combo instead of the RFC ender, Deejay combo too hype though.
    I just wanted to do Spiral Arrow to airgrab, because I don't think I've ever seen that before. And to be honest I completely forgot you could do FADC combos with Rapid Dagger XD

• priamos1priamos1 Joined: Posts: 16
    I haven't played Street Fighter since way before IV, and I'm considering buying Street Fighter V when it's out. Can someone who owns IV answer some questions regarding online play?

After some quick search I found out the online works in P2P. Does that mean the host will have no lag while the guest will have to deal with latency?

In case the answer to the previous question is "no", will both players in the same match always have the same latency or will they have different ping depending on their individual connections?

Does the game make an effort to match you with people in your region and/or country or can you end up playing against a player in South America?

Will latency only depend on your distance to your opponent, or does your distance to the game server also play a part?

I would appreciate if anyone who owns USFIV could answer any of these questions. That can end up deciding if I buy V or not.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,149
    I own 3 different versions of the game, the game makes an effort to match regions if possible. The game lags, of course distance to opponent and server matter, it always will, even if its only a slight difference. Both players will lag if the matchup is less then optimal.

I'm not sure why this would have anything to do with if you buy SFV or not, SFV uses rollback netcode, in my beta experience when it was right it was better than Ultra has ever been, but when its off its terrible. The games are vastly different imo and if you like what you see from SFIV then buy it, the scene isn't going anywhere anytime soon. As far as SFV goes, the game will drop next month, you certainly can play both I would think.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
  • priamos1priamos1 Joined: Posts: 16
    The game lags, of course distance to opponent and server matter, it always will, even if its only a slight difference.
    I've heard from people that the game server is merely there for matchmaking, so your distance to it makes no difference at all. The only thing that matters is your distance to your opponent and that's it. How true is that? Also, in case both players are lagging, will they lag the same?

I assumed IV and V were going to be very similar which is why I asked.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 52,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 2016
    Fighting games are peer 2 peer so the connection is just between you and the opponent. If you both have good upload speed and aren't half way across the world, should be able to play alright. Since SFV uses rollback based netcode the good connections will feel even smoother than the slushier good connections in IV. If they optimize the teleporting, bad connections shouldn't feel too bad either.

As far as the US goes you can play cross country without much issue. Played some people in Europe pretty well as well. There is region, PC/PS4 and connection bar filtering.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,097 mod
    Peer to peer means that there is no host and both players experience latency.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    "Street Fighter 4 and 5 are too big to juggle at tournaments", I see some people saying. Yet, the party game community can handle Smash.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • SimbaSoulWarrior81SimbaSoulWarrior81 Joined: Posts: 3
    Hello, I'm new here. New to the Shoryuken community but I have been playing Ultra Street Fighter for quite some time now. If anyone has some helpful tips about this place I'd greatly appreciate it, thank you.
    Really didn't know where to post this, so I'd just do it here and introduce myself and say "Hey".
    Psn: SimbaJB
    Main: Rose
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,158
    Hello, I'm new here. New to the Shoryuken community but I have been playing Ultra Street Fighter for quite some time now. If anyone has some helpful tips about this place I'd greatly appreciate it, thank you.
    Really didn't know where to post this, so I'd just do it here and introduce myself and say "Hey".

newbie dojo
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Heavenly Blue Joined: Posts: 5,490
    downgraded
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • mowrmowr NOW LISTEN CLOSELY Joined: Posts: 6,156
    The day USF4 officially died.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=uCbXf6aOfF4

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Alex
    Region: United Kingdom
    edited February 2016
    Was bound to happen eventually.

Also I was bored and decided to try to learn Chun c.HP xx Legs and s.MP xx EX Legs yesterday. I now have newfound respect for all Chun players. Not because it was all that difficult*, but because cancelling into legs by sliding the inputs became physically painful after ~30 minutes, and my right arm is still tired after the exercise.

* unless we're talking doing her loops. Now THAT was hard.
    the loops are hard as fuck
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • Mr. FlowersMr. Flowers Omega Male Joined: Posts: 2,085 mod
    SF4 was one of the first games I ever played online. I didn't even know about anti-airs or cross ups. I played alot of the older street fighter games growing up with friends but we thought that they were just button mashers. Looking back I've come a long way, but I have sooo much more to learn. Hopefully I'll grow more in SFV and beyond. Will miss you SF4 series. Its been a hell of a ride!
    Don't nerf me!
  • noober2noober2 Pre 09 member Joined: Posts: 374
    is there a usf4 remix thread?
  • Spirited_AwaySpirited_Away Joined: Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The onl
    ilitirit wrote: »
    Am I imagining things, or is there no camera zoom here

Usually the camera zooms in and out slightly depending on how the close the players are to each other. In this vid it seems like the camera is zoomed out max distance all the time.

IIRC SFIV Diner stage was the longest in the game (check the left corner).

If you switch the display to a 4:3 aspect ratio resolution the stages don't zoom and you see some slight details in the stages and overall graphical UI. It seems to me that the game was originally designed for 4:3 aspect ratio but had the option for widescreen arcades.

And back in 2008 very few arcades in Japan had Viewlex cabinets they were just too expensive so most places had the game in 480i on Astro arcade cabinets.

• PotatoFighterPlusPotatoFighterPlus Joined: Posts: 9
    Does anyone know about whether SFIV performance mods have been made for players with weak GPUs? I am willing to downgrade the model display quality of the characters to textureless-solid or even to wire-frame. A mod for pro-aliasing (jaggier than no anti-aliasing), would be another helpful one. Do not bash me for having "scrub" hardware.
    Sf4 revival anyone? Sfv is kinda assy
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • SceneScene Trying to learn Relevator. Joined: Posts: 113
    Yeah, sure.
    XRD: Dizzy
    USF4: Decapre
    Trash: Juri CFN ID: vaporeon
    Well that didn't take long =V
    Played a couple of matches on Sf5 and fell asleep fighting a random Nash. Went on usf4 and got rekt by Smug's Dudley. Found the usf4 more fun.
    edited June 2016
    You can be more creative in 4. Plus 4 has actual footsies. Everything I disliked about 4 seems so minor now that I played v. I'm still not a fan of ultras but whatever
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    I didn't mind ultras because every character got them, although some were way better than others. One thing I really hate about 4 is invincible back dashes, especially combined with focus attack. Everything else I dont see any problem with. The characters are really fun in 4, you can really play them however you want. Sf5 just gimped every character, so their tools are not strong.
  • TonY_YuL7TonY_YuL7 Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi
  • D_ProtoD_Proto Joined: Posts: 11
    Came back from makoto fighter 5, where everyone plays rushdown
  • geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,083
    Quick question: I was looking through the EVO 16 result thread and i didn't find any results for USF4 this year. I guess there wasn't an official tourney, but i'm wondering if no one did a side tourney as well?
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
  • The-OlympianThe-Olympian 4 the Glory of Gaea Joined: Posts: 2,134
    I miss sf4
    What of the Hunting, Hunter Bold? Brother, the Watch was Long and Cold.
    What of the Quarry ye went to Kill? Brother, He Crops in the Jungle Still.
  • TurbojackeTurbojacke Joined: Posts: 23
    I also miss SF4.. The thing is since sf5 dropped it feels so obsolete to go on with usf4. But i think people should stop to cry and start to play what they like. Because after all a game is about fun and i had a ton with usf4. Not sure what you guys are doing but me you can see on xbox live again.
  • The-OlympianThe-Olympian 4 the Glory of Gaea Joined: Posts: 2,134
    im still playing usf4 recently. along side GGxrd, its an amazing game but still doesnt full-fill the gap of not playing sf4.

how much i miss Rose and Vega (funny i dont miss my own main as much as i miss my alts lol). i miss the long reaching pokes, her space control and (not that great but still good) zoning game, i miss whiff punishing, i miss U2 mixups. i miss stmk :(

i even miss Elena. say what you want about Elena, she's is broken in some ways but she's loads of fun to use. god i even miss spending hours doing Vipers Feint combos. or Ibuki loops on Sagat/Abel/Vega : D

miss you SF4. <3
    What of the Hunting, Hunter Bold? Brother, the Watch was Long and Cold.
    What of the Quarry ye went to Kill? Brother, He Crops in the Jungle Still.