Ultra Street Fighter 4 General

Comments

• Time pantsTime pants Maybe Evil Ryu is just misunderstood? Joined: Posts: 448
    I hope--I PRAY--that we can actually get one fucking update without anyone getting nerfed. In all seriousness, why aren't you people bitching and moaning about Poison's AA fireball not out there campaigning for your character to get some awesome bullshit? Not creative enough?
  • MachoRhombusMachoRhombus Joined: Posts: 2,914
    But you can jump over it, you require a good read but it's doable. It also gives her perfect spacing to keep playing her game.

I really don't think anything about Poison is remotely unfair, I think she's strong for the right reasons.
    CFN ID - PenguinShivers

MJ|Shivers.
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    We all have, it just doesn't work.

I may ask for a nerf or two here and there, but never major enough to slaughter the character. If they're not making the rest of the cast better with buffs, then they can only become better through other's nerfs.

I've said this before, but balancing is practically a Zero-Sum game. When one gains, another loses automatically even if it's indirectly. Since only a few are gaining anything, the balance only has one choice which is for the rest to become better through the other's losses.

Since the people at Capcom are the obes who ultimately make the decisions, they have to decide early on that their goal is to make characters strong regardless of initial outcry. Unless something is obviously and unanimously OP then it should stay in. That is the only way to stop nerfs from happening.

We can only adapt to what they are giving us, and sine they aren't giving us buffs most of us have adapted to asking for nerfs (some more than others).
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • ProfProf Fresh Joined: Posts: 2,029
    Will Vega be nerfed or buffed? Place your bets.
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 4,223
    All I ask for Rolento is for his AA to work properly and for LP rekka to be -2 on block for first hit. As for Dee-Jay, he's trash so I'll take whatever I can get.
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,247
    edited November 2014
    I guess they won't change anything major. They will probably nerf nobody. They will just give some of the weaker characters one or two buffs.
    Don't know why people think Poison will get nerfed. She doesn't win majors.
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    When you look at what I said, you understand that I really did ask for Poison to get buffed. I just think it's idiotic for her fireball to juggle, that's all there is to it.

About flip kick, I'm sure it would still be good for when you want to pressure characters with slower normals or no reversal. Probably still good to throw out when you think they are trying to jump out of your blockstring into projectile. Unless they were expecting it, I doubt it would get beat, trade at wors t but it does like 90(?) damage and she has 1k health so you're probably not losing the trade anyway.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,944
    I'm not really nervous at all about my character getting nerfed. I only care about hurtbox issues being addressed. If your character is going to be annoying vs. my character, then I want my full punishes to work when I get the read. That's all.

I doubt Chun will get a nerf. Shes completely slept on due to the fact that very few people play her. If they gave her anything, she could use a slight bit more damage off of her normals, or less of an issue with damage scaling (especially off of back medium kick TC). But im not asking for anything because Capcom loves to give you one thing, take another, and leave the character in a worse situation. If you're lucky the changes balance out and leave the character in the same spot they were in originally...
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,944
    Ryu needs a lot of help. Theres no reason for him to be so mediocre. They need to make his DP hit people more consistently with max damage. No matter what, any time you anti air with his DP it should always get max damage. Jumpers deserve to get hit hard. Nobody should take jumping in at Ryu lightly, but depending on how you get AA'd with a DP you might consider it due to really low damage.

He could get some better recovery on his fireballs(or at least ONE of his fireballs), because most of the "anti zoning" shit in this game is actually "anti-ryu" stuff, and thats gotta stop.

He should get an overall damage boost too. If his DPs always do max damage, leave them alone. Every other special should get a bit more damage, his ultra 1 especially since they nerfed FADC forward.

His super should do more damage as well.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • LethirosLethiros Joined: Posts: 115
    Prof wrote: »
    Will Vega be nerfed or buffed? Place your bets.

I think he'll probably get one or two extremely minor buffs and maybe one un-needed nerf but will otherwise be left alone. That usually seems to be the case.
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,619 mod
    Poison will get nerfed because she's winning, as will rose.

Yun, dudley, or E ryu tho, nah... ( not that they need it imo)

Oh yeah Elena and sim also because they are annoying to fight.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,619 mod
    I have zero faith in any nerf capcom makes, it should be legit buffs and that's all around the board for those that need them.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Wow another balance patch. Will be amusing to see the nerfs and subsequent complaints about said nerfs, even though that seems to be all anyone wants.

Poison will get nerfed because she's winning, as will rose

Rose? Yeah maybe, but Poison? I doubt it.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,952
    As opposed to Poison shit, I wish they would do something about the recovery of Rolento's little ball thing. It's not even hard to beat, but it's just annoying as fuck to fight one and then the whole game he's rollin around at the speed of sound like Sonic the god damn Hedgehog because all you have to do is hit all the punches at once. Give him a proper wakeup/anti air. I dont give a shit. But add like 15 more frames of recovery to the fucking ball after doing a follow up attack. In addition to just being bad all around the board, how you play him is about as brain dead as El Fuerte. No normals. No pokes. No frame traps. All Specials.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
    The second one and fair enough.

Rolento's roll is -8 for gods sake, any more negative and he's eating almost every ultra in the game.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436

Rolento's roll is -8 for gods sake, any more negative and he's eating almost every ultra in the game.

Fairly certain he is referring to on whiff because a lot of people complain about the roll having only ~10F recovery on whiff making it spammy.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • YorKeYYorKeY Apparently gameplay alone isn't enough to save a game anymore, patiently waiting for a real MvC4. Joined: Posts: 7,771
    I'm excited for the Yun nerfs (so honorable right?) not a tier whore, just bring i! O_O That way i can say i'm not playing the best character in the game. I really want to see Elena get buffed somewhat.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFVAE: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles & Yugi-Oh! Duel Links!
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

• bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
    I don't want the fireball juggle nerf. It's a unique tool and it's not that bad imo.

And yeah, you can definitely jump at poison.
  • DeusMortemDeusMortem Joined: Posts: 397
    As opposed to Poison shit, I wish they would do something about the recovery of Rolento's little ball thing. It's not even hard to beat, but it's just annoying as fuck to fight one and then the whole game he's rollin around at the speed of sound like Sonic the god damn Hedgehog because all you have to do is hit all the punches at once. Give him a proper wakeup/anti air. I dont give a shit. But add like 15 more frames of recovery to the fucking ball after doing a follow up attack. In addition to just being bad all around the board, how you play him is about as brain dead as El Fuerte. No normals. No pokes. No frame traps. All Specials.

My gripe with Rolento's roll is mainly esthetical. It looks out of place as ****. It's super fast and goes under projectiles despite Vega and the speed master Gen having slow rolls that DON'T go under projectiles. Doesn't quite make sense to me.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,952

Actually you know what no. That's not the issue I have. Don't make it more negative. Make it so Rolento doesnt bounce off of you as far. The problem I've been having punishing a blocked ball is that the only thing you can catch it with is a sweep. Even then only on some characters. I couldnt punish him with yang. Juri's sweep had to be mashed or else he would recover fast enough to start another ball, because he's just barely almost out of range. I'm hitting this motherfucker with the ends of my toenails. My cr.mk, sf.mk, sf.hk, cr.mp, and sf.mp all come out too slow or dont have the range needed to hit despite having the frame data needed. Same thing with Gouken.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • stabicronstabicron CTRL ALT PSYCHOCRUSHER Joined: Posts: 2,065
    Bison has not won anything that I am aware of even back in Super and scrubs whined and he got nerfed. I am not confident that they wouldn't do it again to him for no reason.
    Ultra: Bison, Decapre, Oni, Cammy
    Guilty Gear: Sol, Jam, Millia | KOF13: Athena/Kula/Yuri
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    edited November 2014
    I no longer hate fighting Elena. My Blanka is scummy enough to not care. It's more satisfying than Yun/Bison/Ken.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gief and T. Hawk got put back into whatever status. Poison will get nerfed... and of course a game is hard to balance. That's why you don't add even more characters when the game is far from balanced to begin with.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Trying really hard Joined: Posts: 7,881
    The only thing on Hawk that needs toned down is his meter gain for whiffing Spire. Otherwise he's a-ok.
    CFN: SpitefulBanette
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 4,223
    DeusMortem wrote: »
    My gripe with Rolento's roll is mainly esthetical. It looks out of place as ****. It's super fast and goes under projectiles despite Vega and the speed master Gen having slow rolls that DON'T go under projectiles. Doesn't quite make sense to me.
    You can't compare. Vega and Gen walk faster than Rolento and have much better jumps, hence Rolento relies on the roll more to evade fireballs. Not to mention that with the telegraphed backflip you have to anticipate a fireball before its even thrown.

• jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    I must be the only one who doesn't care for whiffed spires lol. I find Gief more of a problem, but that could be a personal thing.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
    jebop wrote: »
    Poison will get nerfed..

Source?
  • YorKeYYorKeY Apparently gameplay alone isn't enough to save a game anymore, patiently waiting for a real MvC4. Joined: Posts: 7,771
    edited November 2014
    The only thing on Hawk that needs toned down is his meter gain for whiffing Spire. Otherwise he's a-ok.

Nerf T. Hawk......!? If were gonna be knitpicking about the smallest things and nerfing characters like that, then i hope they nerf Cammy's cannon spike active frames while she's airborne too then, not a needed nerf, but i'm making this a personal agenda.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFVAE: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles & Yugi-Oh! Duel Links!
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

If you stand block rolls you should be good most of the time for better punishes. There are safe rolls to a point on certain characters, but its not a universal thing afaik.

I hope they make Gief GH super good at like -1 on hit or 0 if they go crazy (I know it won't happen) -1 Gief would be a cool buff if they actually wanted to improve characters though.

I'm hoping Rolento and possibly Elena get better. Just nerf Elena's hurtbox because some things just not working is ridiculous.

I actually proposed Rolento get a pushback nerf with a recovery buff on block for roll. -5F or -6F is good enough if the pushback is reduced to a respectable amount (one of the cool things in the mirror is that U2 always catches roll on block). All around buffs to mobility and normals would be good for me in regards to buffs.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 5,176
    With every balance patch some of you keep asking for nerfs, and for characters you don't even know because you don't play them.

Instead you should try asking for buffs for characters you actually use.
    And since when is Poison's fireball juggle so OP that it should be nerfed?
    Oh right, I forgot, she's 'top 5' in this version.
    You CAN'T jump on her without landing on her stupid hp.fireball. If you're bad with your fireball learn to use them correctly, the game shouldn't do the work for you. The free juggle is simply too much on that thing.

Even mediocre poisons are hard to deal with if you don't have a divekick or a great fully projectil invincible move. I don't claim to be a pro but damn... bad players shouldn't be so hard to deal with.

you can jump in on her and most bad poison's throw out her fireballs at the incorrect ranges. Aside from that people are going to complain so much about poison's specials, they'll end up buffing her normals making them safer while nerfing some specials, but one thing is before people ask for nerfs, why don't they try the character out to learn what to look for? I know its a different game but its not like the current smash bros where diddy is dominating so much that he actually needs to be toned down in maybe 1 area.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Kolin/ Hopefully Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ Frieza....

• AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,108
    Eternal wrote: »
    Angerus wrote: »
    I wonder what they're actually planning for Honda.
    Are they just gonna revert the EX headbutt nerf and call it a day like they did with LP headbutt in AE to AE2012?

I don't want them to revert it ENTIRELY I want a partial revert. They changed it from, causes pushback to causes NO pushback. Why couldn't they just do an actual reduction and make it do like 50% less pushback?

I'd like that + something actually strengthening him a little bit. A few options to choose from are:

FarHK -> 150stun increased to 200
    FarHP -> 90 damage increased to 100 on later frames.
    crouching MP -> startup reduced to 7F from 8F, damage increased to 90 from 80
    Jump frame count reduced to 4+35F from 4+37
    Forward Dash frame count reduced to 18F from 19F[-1] (makes it so he can dash and block as well as pressure with focus)
    Walk speed increased to 0.0475/0.0325 from 0.045/0.03
    Oicho throw stun increased to 150 from 100. EX Increased to 200 from 150.
    Backdash reduced 25F from 27F

I think any 2 or 3 of these would do quite a bit for him. I don't think this is a major balance shift so I doubt chars will be getting more than like 2-4 changes so my picks would be: EX HB pushback partially reverted, Jump frame count reduced, Walk speed increased, and farHK increased to 200stun would be my picks. The better jump + walk speed strengthens him vs projectile users and improves general footsies. FarHK increase wouldn't be a HUGE deal since he doesn't do big combos to get stun usually but it's a key component in his main BnBs so it adds up, plus it's a common footsie button. It'd certainly help vs some of the 900stun characters like El Fuerte.

For whatever reason, I felt his Headbutt needs an overhaul on hit. Not sure in what way, but I felt it either needs to leave the opponent in Hard Knockdown state on hit (not sure if it will make it too good) or the travel distance of opponent on hit is reduced severely.

Whenever he gets the chance to anti-air or use EX Headbutt, the opponent gets pushed so far away that he is back to square one on working his way in, something I can see the hate for considering most reversals put you at least in the distance to achieve momentum from up-close to a few blocks away from the opponent. He's not even at the proper position to take advantage otherwise (outside of whiffing Ochio for meter).
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,877
    ...maybe they'll give Bison's cr.hp a hitbox! A man can dream!
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Genistar wrote: »
    Aside from that people are going to complain so much about poison's specials, they'll end up buffing her normals making them safer while nerfing some specials, but one thing is before people ask for nerfs, why don't they try the character out to learn what to look for? I know its a different game but its not like the current smash bros where diddy is dominating so much that he actually needs to be toned down in maybe 1 area.

Cause it is much easier to cry and nerf anything that isn't easy peasy to bypass. Part of the reason the game sucks so much.

• bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
    Poison hasn't even won anything has she? She's placed high but not won.
  • PeacockPeacock Joined: Posts: 161
    I had a dream today where I was playing USF4 with Mike Ross and Gootecks. They were making a vid for their youtube video. They played different characters, made jokes, talked about how powerful Hugo is with the new patch, ect. I beat Mike Ross twice with Elena and Gootecks said he would mirror match me to prove he was a better Elena player then me. Lol it was fun. Then I looked over at Gootecks and he was staring straight at me. I put my finger in my mouth and he licked his lips. A couple seconds later he tells Mike Ross that we'll be right back. So we both left the couch and went to his room. We both started making out and I ripped his shirt off. Then I went and sucked o both of his nipples. After that he throw me on the bed and we started doing it. We made out a bunch more then I went back to sucking on his nipples, then I lifted up his sweaty hairy armpits where I started to lick them and swallow the sweat and play with the hair with my tounge. Later on I went for his navel and licked the inside. After that I pulled his pants where I had the best hotdog of my life. I felt an ocean flow by but I didn't care as I was to into the moment. A bit later I heard a door close and Gootecks said hey Mike. All of a sudden I felt Mike Ross car park inside my garage back and forth. Right their I was having a good time eating Gootecks and having Mike Ross in me. I thought I couldn't handle it as it was so fast and everything of mine and theirs started getting bigger but later on I had the hang of it. It was amazing. I used to just see them on the front page of Eventhubs as I'd scroll by and ignore them, but now I watch their videos for their hotness and to know that I was with them before is amazing and sexy as hell.