Mass Layoffs at PDP, Team AGE Shutdown

chopchoponionchopchoponion Joined: Posts: 1
Accessory maker PDP (Performance Designed Products), sponsor of Team AGE (Afterglow Elite), conducted a mass layoff yesterday, gutting marketing, operations, product development, and other divisions. Several vice presidents and up to 30 other staff have been fired, a considerable reduction of the staff the company holds, indicating questionable corporate health. Sources suggest the struggling accessory maker will also shutter the AGE fighting team, liquidating a strong roster of players a day after the EVO championships. Word from internal sources suggest severely demoralized staff have long been burdened by an oppressive working environment and upper management incompetence. An official statement from the company has yet to be released, likely due to turmoil following the staff reduction. Long term viability of the ailing accessory maker is in question following this retreat from consumer outreach and participation in the FGC.

·

Comments

• ifbpwnstarifbpwnstar Captain 'Murica Walking Wiki Joined: Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭
    PDP hasn't really done well making good products. The MK stick is one of the worst sticks you can buy and completely missed the mark trying to recreate the classic layout and ignoring modern ergonomics and japanese > american standards when entering the tournament stick market.
    UMvC3: Cap (SS) | Dante (jam) | Vergil (RS) and Vergil (RS) | Morrigan (meter) | Dante (Jam)
    SC5: Astaroth
    SC4: Ivy, Rock

·
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 13,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh fuck:

Fanatiq Gamerson ‏@MrFanatiq 50m

I'm going home today as (blank) fanatiq feels kinda weird but I will press on.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    ·
  • AvariceXAvariceX Joined: Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭
    Not that I'm doubting the news but, source?
    UMvC3: Zero/Dante/Strider | MvC2: MSP
    SFIV: Juri | 3S: Yun | ST: O.Ryu
    BB: Rachel, Makoto, u-12 | GGXrd: I-No
    ·
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like triforce is gonna try for chris g again. maybe even fanatiq
    If everyone else could move upwards socially, so can blacks. They are just dumb.

"This comparison ignores the unique history of discrimination against Black people in America. Over the past four centuries, Black history has included nearly 250 years of slavery, 100 years of legalized discrimination, and only 50 years of anything else. Jews and Asians, on the other hand, are populations that immigrated to North America and included doctors, lawyers, professors, and entrepreneurs among their ranks. Moreover, European Jews are able to function as part of the White majority. To expect Blacks to show the same upward mobility as Jews and Asians is to deny the historical and social reality that Black people face
    ·
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 13,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AvariceX wrote: »

https://twitter.com/MrFanatiq

Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    ·
  • YannickYannick #ElenaTwerkTeam Joined: Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sources suggest

Lay em on me.
    The Sunset Studio // Fighters, shooters, platformers, development, mechanics, theory, application.
    ·
  • TheBlackroseTheBlackrose This ends now! Indignation! Joined: Posts: 355
    edited July 2013
    Pertho wrote: »
    AvariceX wrote: »

https://twitter.com/MrFanatiq

That's just speculation based on one twitter post. I'll wait for the articles from business sources.
    Post edited by TheBlackrose on
    PSN - Rademius | XBL - RadBlackrose
    ·
  • EsportsOfSarusEsportsOfSarus Knight of the Sarus Kingdom Joined: Posts: 316
    Did the results at EVO really make or break the business?
    ·
  • YannickYannick #ElenaTwerkTeam Joined: Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Doubtful, but it seems this is more or less legit as things are surfacing.

I guess I'll just wait for an article about it from here on out. Hope the AGE members can fund themselves for the future, especially Romance.

Guess they'll have to be wearing that S(elf)S(ponsored) tag for the near future. :D
    Post edited by Yannick on
    The Sunset Studio // Fighters, shooters, platformers, development, mechanics, theory, application.
    ·
  • NickRocksNickRocks MvC2 sucks Joined: Posts: 16,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fanatiq will def get picked up by somebody.

EG Fanatiq? (taitos old av)
    Niggas get played this the ps4 house, spending dirty money at the 3rd world ho house
    Strip club love me cause I trick off stacks...then I rob the bitch, give my money back
    Pushin weight off, throwing it up; pills in her mouth, coke in her butt
    ·
  • richardheadrichardhead Joined: Posts: 1
    Chopchoponion wetarded.
    ·
  • Sith_ProbeSith_Probe Joined: Posts: 38
    Man I didn't realize the whole business was restructuring.
    BibleThump oh no! Our heroes! Now WTF does the FGC do? Wasn't that like one of 6 legitimate teams? Aren't the other ones more like clubs (without sponsorship?)
    Why can't we get the paper for our best players?
    ·
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 12,012 mod
    I vote that we ask Capcom to add an extra buck to the cost of the Ultra SF4 expansion and use that tourney purposes.
    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    ·
  • d3vd3v Slide Grab Gyakunitaku Kick Joined: Posts: 27,810 mod
    If only PDP actually made decent fighting game peripherals.

Instead, we got a common ground pad that is, surprisingly enough impossible to dual mod for some unknown reason. Then there's the stick that they just outsourced to Qanba that had mediocre Qanba parts instead of legit Sanwa or Seimitsu ones that they sold for $150.

smh
    ·